Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hayao Miyazaki Films

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I am madly in love with Hayao Miyazaki films ever since I rented Kiki's Delivery Service back when it came out on VHS, I watched it 12 times in a row and its all I could think about for weeks.

His movies always shift my emotions in ways I didn't think possible, today I just saw Ponyo in theaters, it was so cute haha.

I just love how magical his worlds are they are certainly made of dreams, always so happy and fun. Sometimes I will emulate his worlds in my sleep. Sasuke's mother, Lisa, is the sh!t lol.

How do you guys feel about animations like:

Totoro, Spirited Away, Lupin III, Princess Mononoke, etc.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I saw Totoro ages ago, and sadly, I remember nothing about it. :lol:

Ponyo looks cute, I plan to see it soon.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm a fan. I especially love Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind because it has a lot of visual similarities to Panzer Dragoon, which was a huge influence on my youth. I remember watching the original release "Warriors of the Wind" as a kid and being totally bored by how it was about some GIRL who isn't even that much of a warrior. Thankfully I grew up and they released it uncut!

I do have to admit and I know I'm in the minority for this but I don't think The Castle of Cagliostro is the best incarnation of Lupin III. The first movie (Secret of Mamo) was way cooler. Cagliostro is FAR from the worst Lupin movie but IMO Lupin seems too much of a "sweet, nice guy" in it. I heard that Miyazaki actually directed a few episodes of the second TV series although it seems unlikely that they will ever be released stateside.

I'm planning on seeing Ponyo this week. I know it's more simple than he previous works but I'm expecting funtimes.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm a fan tooo.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Princess Mononoke is the only Miyazaki film I've seen, though I liked it.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i've only seen "spirited away", but i can say it is one of the wierdest movies i've ever seen

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
OHMYGOSH!!! I <3 Hayao Miyazaki's films- and Kiki's Delivery service is the one that started it all for me too!! Good times, good times... :blink: I can't wait for Ponyo comes into theaters, hope it comes to a theater near me, or heaven help the people that go within spittin' distance of me, for I will be seriously miffed. :blink: Not really, but I will be very, very dissapointed, I've never seen any of his films in the theater before.

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I love his films I've only seen spirted away howl's moving castles(that is one of his film right) Also I heard that he lastest film has hit the U.S. I believe it's call ponyo of the sea or something like that

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Howl's Moving Castle, is definitely the most action packed, magical film from the ones I have seen. But Spirited Away is up there with it, by far my favorites.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Howl's Moving Castle, is definitely the most action packed, magical film from the ones I have seen.

My sister and I both are Howl's Moving Castle addicts. If you liked the movie that much, you should go check out the book by Diana Wynn Jones.

And Ponyo On the Cliffs by the Sea came out in the US... about two weeks ago? (Just calling it Ponyo is common too.) That was really good as well, definitely, but aimed for a slightly younger audience that Howl and Spirited Away were.

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Love Miyazaki's films. I've seen Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, and Nausicca. Of them the only one i didn't like was Nausicca; it was hard to get into which is a shame since I heard good things about it before. Then again I've only watched it once so I might need to see it again to really appreciate it. The rest I loved with my favorite probably being Spirited Away. Haven't seen Ponyo yet, they aren't showing it in any theaters near my town. I'll probably see it after it comes out on DVD.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I've only seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery Service. I used to absolutely LOVE Kiki, I'd watch it all the time when I was little.

I wanna see Ponyo really really badly.

REALLY.... REALLY BADLY!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I thoroughly enjoy almost all Miyazaki films. I think what really grabs me above all else is the vibrant characters that truly exude that Miyazaki charm. By far my favorite of his films is Laputa: Castle in the Sky, shortly followed by Princess Mononoke. The only film I never really cared for was Spirited Away.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Let's see here...I've seen:

Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Love his films...I should look at Porco Rossco (Is that how you spell it?) next.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Love his films...I should look at Porco Rossco (Is that how you spell it?) next.

I hear that that's really weird, but by all means check it out. :(

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I hear that that's really weird, but by all means check it out. :)

Porco Rosso? (I think?)

I saw that, and I liked it. It was a bit strange, definitely, (but it's Miyazaki! What do you expect? XD) but it was certainly comical!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
my art teacher at college loves studio ghibli movies, she says they're full of fantasy and magic :blink: i like them too of course

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Miyazaki is full of win. That is all.

I've seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo, which I really enjoyed despite hearing how the main boy and girl were voiced by a Jonas and a Cyrus, respectively. It turned out that they did a great job voice acting, and the story is really cute. If you don't mind seeing a very kiddy/family plot, go for it! (Tho it too is full of Miyazaki's signature weirdness/awesome)

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
I think his movies are ok.
I liked Princess Mononoke, though.
How much blood can one person have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users