Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Of All Time OOC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
Hey all, I know I haven't been around here all summer, but I've been playing around with this idea for a while. This is the first RP I've ever tried to lead, so please go easy on me. I'm hoping to start on September 1st, but only if I've got enough people in all slots.

Story: Wizeman has finally reached his goal, and has managed to jump the gap from the Night Dimension into Reality. However, he was unable to bring his whole self fully across the void, and only has one hand in Reality while the rest of him is strung across the Dark Ocean, which creates the bridge between Reality and the Night Dimension…

Reala and the rest of Wizeman’s Maren know how to cross the gap now, and need far less energy to cross than Wizeman- that is, if they’re going alone. However, some of the Maren have learned that they can merge with Dreamers and enter Reality with a Dreamer, but only with that Dreamer’s consent. Like that should be hard to get…

Some dream of power, others dream of fame, and yet others of fortune. However, not all will force those dreams into Reality. But what if a creatures of the night could grant that power? Those who jump without looking loan their bodies to Wizeman’s Maren, in exchange for amazing abilities like flight, invisibility, and shape-shifting. Is it worth it? Depends on the dreamer you ask…

There is a creature that knows how to cross the gap between Reality and the Night Dimension: Tempora, the clock tower guardian. She knows Maren are making their way into Reality and that Wizeman is slowly gaining a greater foothold where he doesn’t belong. If NiGHTS was able to beat him before… But there’s no way a lone Maren can stand up to Wizeman’s growing army. What if his Maren-Dreamer combo was mimicked?

Even those who are strong and confident dream of fantastic things. So when asked to aid in the defense of mankind from an awing and horrific enemy, who are they to say no? But they can’t do it alone: They’re only human, after all. They will find their help in their Maren partners as well as in each other. Maybe then they’ll have a chance against Wizeman…

The war isn’t quite here yet. Wizeman and his forces are nowhere near stupid enough when the odds are stacked against them. And Tempora and her help aren’t yet strong enough to take much of anyone out. So both sides wait for the other to break the stalemate. But which will be the first to make a move- and how much will they regret it?

Notes/Rules:
*Only one NiGHTS, Reala, and other such characters, no exceptions. First come, first serve. Read the posts/check the list and don’t come asking me.
*I already have control of the two major players Tempora and Wizeman. So don’t even bother, since I need them to keep the story going.
*OCs/Fan Maren are fine (and encouraged), as long as the Humans have reasonable limitations (not everyone is a Perfect Dreamer, you know), and try to restrain from having all the Maren on par with NiGHTS and Reala.
*Wizeman’s Maren don’t have to be paired with a Dreamer, but it’s preferred that they do for the fact that it’s rather hard to jump the gap. As for Tempora’s Maren, they don’t have to be with a Dreamer either, but they usually stick with a Dreamer for the Dreamer’s safety.
*You can have up to two character max throughout the entire thing (so pick carefully!), but they can’t be the same type/alignment (like two Tempora Maren isn’t okay, but pretty much everything else is.)
*If you have a Maren team up with another person, get their permission first. If I get complaints about such things, I’ll try and get the whole story first, sure, but that’s stepping into Godmoding, which is against the rules.
*Don’t be a cowardly flip flopper and decide mid-RP that you don’t like the side you’re on. I, as Wizeman and Tempora, will look upon such activities with suspicion (if you betray one side, how can I be sure you won’t betray the other?) If it’s truly a problem for you to be on one side, plead your case to me and we’ll try and work something out.
*If the RP is early on, don’t ask about what’s going on- read for yourself. When it get to a reasonable length, I’ll set up a summary here.
*I reserve rights as the creator of this RP to say if someone takes something too far/derails the RP too badly. Creativity is awesome and all, but seriously, keep it within the bounds that there are. Please don’t fight with me- I’d rather not have this be a horrid experience.
*If I think of anything else, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Character Sheet Skeletons (Just to help out- if you want to add, feel free to.):

Human:
Name-
Age-
Alignment-
Occupation-
Ideya-
Appearance-
Personality-
Bio-

Maren:
Name-
Rank-
Alignment-
Appearance-
Special Abilities/Weapons-
Personality-
Bio-

Sheets for Tempora and Wizeman:

Name- Tempora
Appearance- (pic coming soon enough)
Special Abilities-
*Clairvoyant to a degree.
*Move objects between Reality and Dreams. (very draining)
*Knowledge of history of both worlds.
*Can make weapons/shields out of a Dreamer’s Ideya (only the Dreamer whose Ideya it is can use them.) (moderately draining)
*Can see small distances into the future.
*Good jumper.
*Always knows the time.
*Mesmerize (can make a Maren/Dreamer go trancy, but only when she focuses. This is helpful for sending Dreamers quickly to the Night Dimension or incapacitating a Maren for a while.)
*Scythe Teleport- Slashes an opponent and sends them to the Night Dimension. For Dreamers, this only knocks them out for a few hours (up to 12).
*Freeze time for an extremely short period (no longer than half an hour if she’s full of energy) for anyone but herself and up to nine others. (extremely draining)
Personality- Mostly calm and collected, she only changes if she feels the clock tower is in trouble (at which point she either freezes in panic or goes into a blind rage, depending on the time of day.) Tempora is also usually extremely passive and very distant, but has a sharp, calculating mind with which to collect and command. She doesn’t care much for Maren, but is willing to take the help they provide. She has a good memory, lasting patience for those in her domain.
Bio- A god-like creature that protects the boundary between Reality and Dreams. She doesn’t keep company well, and cares about little more about her task of keeping the boundary in tact. She was once on friendly terms with Wizeman; until he started stealing Ideya, at which point she stopped visiting Nightmare. She will really only step into Nightopia anymore, and will injure any Maren that come her way.

Name- Wizeman
Appearance- (obviously I didn't draw that) Posted Image
Special Abilites-
*Uses his hands as spies.
*Create Maren (only the parts of him that aren’t in Reality.)
*Siphon/Reveal Ideya of all Dreamers. All Maren also have this ability.
*Can strengthen himself or his Maren with Ideya.
*Warp dreams (only in Night Dimension).
*Natural Disasters (when more of his hands manage to make their way into reality- the more hands, the more powerful the disaster.)
*Teleportation of himself and others. (small scale, only within the realm where three or more of his hands are)
*Transform Dreamer into a Maren (short time only, the effect wears off after a while. It does grant the Dreamer the abilities Wizeman gives the form.)
*Duplicate himself, he can make up to five copies. (only with all of his hands, if we ever get to that point)
Personality- He doesn’t take anything from anyone, and will sweep resisters out of his way. He has mass amounts of patience when things go his way, but he looses his better judgment (and temper) when his plans take a turn for the worse, usually taking out his frustration on his forces.
Bio- Ruler of Nightmare, he wasn’t always hellbent on breaking into Reality. Instead, his job was to scare people into doing the right thing, until he got into the philosophical ‘right’ vs. ‘wrong’ argument, and was then determined to discover them for himself via the hearts of Dreamers. Thus, Wizeman as we know him.

As it is:
Tempora's Soldiers:
(TORiAS_the_Fallen)Torias- Maren
(EZEKiAL) NiGHTS- Maren

Wizeman's Soldiers:
(TORiAS_the_Fallen) Reala- Maren

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Maren:
Name- Torias The Fallen
Rank- I don't really know what rank to make him. Class B/II, I suppose.
Alignment- Tempora aligned
Appearance- http://rosethornzero...MAREN-125806830 the one in the middle
Special Abilities/Weapons- Opens warp gates to a void called Inbetwee. Flys. Generates his own sword.
Personality- cynical, sarcastic, but has a set of morals he upholds to, stubborn.
Bio- Torias is not quite sure where he originaly came from. He wasn't created by Wizeman, but fell from the sky into Nightmare where he was raised by Reala. He had gone on many journeys of self-discovery and is determined to take over Nightmare to run it the way he sees fit.

I also request control of Reala.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Could I be NiGHTS?

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
Wow, I was starting to loose some hope there.
@ TORiAS: Yeah, feel free to take on Ree. And I like how you did your maren.
@ EZEKiAL: Yes, you may take NiGHTS.

Cool, so I'll edit up the first post and get a running list going. Thanks for your interest.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Okay, and thank you! I appreciate the compliment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users