Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*shakes fist*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
....what?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I think she's a tad jealous. :P

But seriously, having DiGi as a part of this is actually quite the honor. With the support of both OCRemix and nightsintodreams.com forums, I don't think this project could have any better chances of being a success.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
is there any chance of CD's after all your hard work on this project? :lol:

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I was just actually talking about that to DiGi not too long ago. Over at OCRemix, they make all projects available either via torrent or web links. Both usually include some album artwork and layouts for you to print out your own covers, labels, and booklets if you wanted a physical copy made by you! The torrent links have lately had a habit of incorporating FLAC as well, which is the highest quality you'll get outside of WAV files (for you audiophiles out there). However, there is also this occasional practice: sometimes a project director will order a limited run of physical copies made professionally, as a reward to mixers and project staff for their hard work and contributions. The last project had some extras that were given out at Otakon, and as a special prize for a trivia contest. So, since this community is now going to be quite involved in pushing the project out, I can say with a good amount of certainty that there will be some physical copies floating around, maybe doing a NiGHTS trivia contest to find the winners. When it gets close to that release date, you'll have plenty more info, and even if you don't get one of the physical copies, remember, you can just make your own! This is why we NEED good artwork for the website and the project itself, so please please please if you're interested in doing some art let me know!

Also, DiGi: That guy, theshaggyfreak, posted his WIP up for you to go and get more info on. :lol: sorry, I can't resist being a little evil with the teases.

Edit Edit: regards to whatever NiGHTS project includes will probably be up to me at the end, and I will hopefully have funds to order a small run of physical cds.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I wish I had seen this topic earlier, this is the kinda thing I'd love to help out with.......except the only thing I can do is sing :S I'm definitely not great, but I guess decent. If anything, I'm just glad to support this. :lol: I cannot wait to see what comes out of this.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

I wish I had seen this topic earlier, this is the kinda thing I'd love to help out with.......except the only thing I can do is sing :S I'm definitely not great, but I guess decent. If anything, I'm just glad to support this. :lol: I cannot wait to see what comes out of this.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, there's been a lot of people who have the "I wish I had seen this sooner" thing going on. I feel bad because I wish everyone could do something, but I'm glad that at the very least we have your support. Like I said, I'm scheming something very sinister and evil as a "thank you" to many people for their support...and as soon as I'm sure of the idea, I'll post here and hopefully this thread will EXPLODE!

Also, mega-thanks to TORiAS for being the first to attempt some NiGHTS project art. Let's see what she comes up with! :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Well, I guess it's about time I revealed the idea for one of my secret weapons for the NiGHTS project now, as it seems like the idea has come to no objections with the people I've checked thus far, which doesn't include DiGi because I wanted this to be as big a surprise to him as it was to you all (hope you don't mind, DiGi. I do so love surprising people!)

Mind you, this is going to be a huge endeavor and that not all the samples I get may end up being used, but I will do my best to make ever sample usable that I receive.

Okay...here we go...

Everyone know the lyrics for Dreams Dreams? Yes? No? Good, doesn't matter. I need your help! I want this project to be special. Not just for the remixers, not just for the NiGHTS fans, not just for OCRemix, but for you too! Inspired both by a concept another remixer used to make an extremely grand and epic tracks, as well as the ideas behind NiGHTS itself, I want to include you, YES YOU, in a rendition of Dreams Dreams for the project. I'm looking at each and every one of you. That is, obviously, if you want to.

The idea is an acoustic guitar-style rendition with claps and some other instrumentation to give a very new rock-folk feel to Dreams Dreams. I am offering and distributing verse lines to remixers within the project, however, I think the vocal variation during the chorus will need more. Much more. I want it to feel like the world is singing the chorus, that it's clapping along with the rhythm. This is a thank-you chance to you all for keeping NiGHTS support alive for years.

Sound like a big idea? Well, the payoff will be worth all the work. I'm still dividing up the parts but I wanted to give the heads-up to people that more info will be on the way, and that you should all be brushing up on singing your Dreams Dreams chorus. And your clapping, of course. I gotta have more clapping.

As you can see, I will definitely need your help to keep this version of Dreams Dreams from falling in the gutter. Help me make the project I possibly can!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
:D oh dude count me in! haha epic idea.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, count me in on that one then, man! XD

That is, as you said, a very big idea to pull off.
I had imagined something similar a year ago on a song for Themes 3 but i couldn't think of the best way to get everybody to record in time with eachother and plus my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle running so many audio clips all in unison, lol. So you have my support on this as well as wishings of luck that you manage to obtain the sound you're trying to achieve.

One idea though, if you find things not working to plan, just have everybody sing and record the clapping yourself with multiple takes over lapping each other so it gives the effect of a lot of people clapping. The only reason i suggest this is if you get some people with low recording quality and the claps ain't coming out right then you could just opt for vocals only and do the clapping yourself.

So, yes! This is a very nice idea and i'm totally for it.
When do you plan on starting this behemoth of a track? XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Yeh, count me in on that one then, man! XD

That is, as you said, a very big idea to pull off.
I had imagined something similar a year ago on a song for Themes 3 but i couldn't think of the best way to get everybody to record in time with eachother and plus my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle running so many audio clips all in unison, lol. So you have my support on this as well as wishings of luck that you manage to obtain the sound you're trying to achieve.

One idea though, if you find things not working to plan, just have everybody sing and record the clapping yourself with multiple takes over lapping each other so it gives the effect of a lot of people clapping. The only reason i suggest this is if you get some people with low recording quality and the claps ain't coming out right then you could just opt for vocals only and do the clapping yourself.

So, yes! This is a very nice idea and i'm totally for it.
When do you plan on starting this behemoth of a track? XD

Heh I started recording the rough of it over the weekend. It turned out really beautiful, and I'll be posting it on WIPs as soon as I can. Once people here start saying they're down, I may coordinate through you to get the WIP distributed to them. As much as I would love to admit them all into the project private forums, it would just cause excess clutter I think :P Heh, I should watch how much I let out, lest the entire project be released before it's...well, released! I already did that teaser WIP post and I guess one more WIP making the rounds is okay, as long as its the rough and doesn't reflect the final version.

I definitely want the vocals too because I don't think there would be a more warm and fuzzy feeling for some than to listen to the song once the project is out and say "hear all those people singing? I'm one of them!" At least that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

All the samples I will do my best to clean up. The best thing about the claps is that, even if they are off-time, I can chop it up and place it properly because a clap only lasts so long as a noise and it should be easy to edit. The quality may be a problem but as long as a good amount of samples are good, they should all mesh okay. The vocals are harder if they're off time, but I'm hoping that since people will have the exact version timed for it that it should be relatively on. Also, the natural little bit of offtiming can essentially give the vocals a larger-crowd feel. I guess it's similar to what the speed of sound does when you hear a large crowd far away: you hear everyone talking but not always in unison and it sounds really large. But all should try to get it on time as much as possible anyway and I'll do my best to take care of the rest!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok, man. Sounds like a plan :D

Just let me know what i need to do and i'm on it. If you need to speak to me privately about anything on this then hit me up at my email and we'll continue talking in there.

Can i ask, what program will you be using to line-up all the vocals so they sing together? I'm curious to know what software can handle a job like that.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
My recording program of choice is, and has been, Cakewalk Sonar. I've been using it since Sonar 2 and currently have Sonar 8 Studio. I'll give you a little trick that helps if you're track limited for a situation like this: make separate project files, all with the same BPM that your main song is, and just mix specific sets of clips there. If you have to work around hardware-software constraints, it may take a little longer since you'll have to mix, export, test in other project, and go back if things are just quite right. It does simplify the main project file though, as if you have 50-100 tracks of just varied versions of a single type of sound, exporting to 1 and keeping just 1 in the main project makes it a lot easier to manage.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hi Stevo. Sent you an email asking a few questions related to this ^^;

I made an announcement on my twitter about this massive 'Dreams Dreams' idea however i don't have many members from the fanbase watching me on there.
I'm thinking to make actual updates on this whole thing on the front of the website but we're still in the process of updating the place and every time we update it's more than likely to push the news of this album down. I was kinda holding out until TRiPPY has finished tidying up before we report on this and hopefuly get more people interested.

When exactly would you need a show of hands on who's interested in helping out with this track?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Considering I'm still writing and recording the rough arrangement, it can wait a little while. I have yet to message all the mixers personally as well, so there's no real rush. This was more of a "hey, this is one thing we got going, and hopefully you wanna get in on it, so just know that it's coming and brush up on the song if you can" thing. And that'd be really, really cool if you had front news posts about it! That would be incredibly appreciated, heh. I responded to your email as well.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Thanks for the email, i had a read over and will be replying back when i get home from work ;)

I've been dying to report on this whole project ever since i found this topic, lol. It's just unfortunate that we're in the middle of changing things with the website. Hmm. Perhaps we can send out a mass email to everybody signed up to the forum then, as a kind of 'back-up' plan if the website takes long to finish?

I'll speak with TRiP when i get home and we can figure out what would be best. As long as you're not in any hurry right now then it's all good XD;

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Woah, thats an amazing idea and project. I'd love to help out. :D I'm glad to see such activity going on ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Spoke with TRiPPY last night, Stevo. Since the website is still being fixed up we're gonna send out a mass forum email to everybody and get them to check in on this topic if they're interested. We will do a site update on this also once the website is fully up to speed but it might be a week or two away from now, providing everything goes to plan.

If that's all ok with you let me know :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Spoke with TRiPPY last night, Stevo. Since the website is still being fixed up we're gonna send out a mass forum email to everybody and get them to check in on this topic if they're interested. We will do a site update on this also once the website is fully up to speed but it might be a week or two away from now, providing everything goes to plan.

If that's all ok with you let me know :)

Fine by me, bro! I got your other email, and I'll be sure to respond later today (got a bit of work to crunch ATM, but I can deal). These next two years are going to fly by for me (no pun intended!), but I'm sure it will seem like ages to everyone else waiting. I appreciate all of it man, seriously. I'll tackle the project forums soon as well, once I get a few minutes to breathe. I can't wait to see the final new site!

Huruyami: I'll be sending you a message in the next few days with more info on helping out.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
....Two... Years..... GEH.

I know it gives everyone time to do the best they can do and still have a life and all that other important stuff, but when you just say, 'two years from now'..... It makes a little part of me cry inside.

However I am a waiting type of person, so if I must wait, so be it. I will cheer you guys on all the way.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Huruyami: I'll be sending you a message in the next few days with more info on helping out.

Can't wait. :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, we waited over a decade for another game ...and if you think about it, it's been two years since JoD released so these next two years will fly by (i used the same pun, sorry) XD;;

Also, sorry i didn't send out a mass email to our forum members. TRiP's got some kind of mad migrane, and my headache is a bit achy too. I'll make sure either me or TRiP sends out the message tomorrow. Sorry for the slowness XD;;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Lol, we waited over a decade for another game ...and if you think about it, it's been two years since JoD released so these next two years will fly by (i used the same pun, sorry) XD;;

Also, sorry i didn't send out a mass email to our forum members. TRiP's got some kind of mad migrane, and my headache is a bit achy too. I'll make sure either me or TRiP sends out the message tomorrow. Sorry for the slowness XD;;

Dude, not a problem. I didn't ask for any big help, you're doing me a huge favor with any of this pushing of it, so seriously take your time and don't sweat it. I get migraines as well, they're hereditary for me, and I know how unfun they are, so tell her I hope she gets better asap, and that you feel better too!

In regards to the two year timeline: it is just a rough estimate. It might be done a little early, it might be done a little later. Xenogears and Pokemon are both in the midst of wrapping up right now, as is Donkey Kong Country 2. Xenogears has been in the making for 3 years, and Pokemon for almost 4, so 2 years is a steal for a project if it can stick to it, heh. Sorry, I know everyone is waiting. I'd be inclined to release it early if it's ready early even if that means waiving the significance of "NiGHTS anniversary" day.

Sierra: yeah, having a life is definitely important for this. The best remixers have to balance a ton of stuff and still pump out great mixes if/when they can. Just like here in the NiGHTS community, people come and go depending on their situation, but what they produce in that time is all worth it. Just keep poking me to make sure I'm alive.

I'll do an add/edit tomorrow here...so tired...need some actual zzz's tonight...

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Everyone know the lyrics for Dreams Dreams? Yes? No? Good, doesn't matter. I need your help! I want this project to be special. Not just for the remixers, not just for the NiGHTS fans, not just for OCRemix, but for you too! Inspired both by a concept another remixer used to make an extremely grand and epic tracks, as well as the ideas behind NiGHTS itself, I want to include you, YES YOU, in a rendition of Dreams Dreams for the project. I'm looking at each and every one of you. That is, obviously, if you want to.

I'd definitely be willing to help out with Dreams Dreams. Although I must say that my voice is probably terrible on it's own, so I hope that a lot of people join in to drown me out ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Email sent. Now witness the wrath of enthusiasm XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
*Braces self for witnessing said wrath...*

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
I'm up for it. I'll see what I can do.

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
I'm not a trained singer or anything, but I have a decent range and would love to be included!

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
Cool! I, however, will not be adding my vocals to your masterpiece. As I don't have them, obviously; I'm a doll.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I guess I could join in. Vocals aren't my primary musical talent, but they aren't too shabby. Still wish I could have done the remix of Gate of Your Dreams, but oh well.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
There's a few more for the bag, Stevo! ^_^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
So when said vocal track is recorded, do you want us to email it to you, Level99?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Well, this was initially to see who all is willing to give vocals. My arrangement is a tad...well, different. It's got this very communal fold/new age/rock feel to it, and it's at a different temp. I'll have what's called a "scratch track" version done soon, meaning it's at the same speed, have the full structure, and in the same key as what the final will be, but the tracks themselves will be redone after the vocals are all gathered. So very very soon, this will get underway, and I'll talk to DiGi about how the scratch track version will be distributed.

I wish y'all could see the smile on my face right now.

Guest_iheartnights_*

Guest_iheartnights_*
  • Guests
i would absolutely love to do this! i learned the song from the original NiGHTS into dreams...and i loved it...annnnnd people tell me i hav a pretty good voice so I'm all for it! :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*thinks* hmmm now to hit up my DA's for extra people >:3

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
*WRATH*

Lol, I'll be happy to sing for this. I'm losing my voice now(i hate being sick), and the only lyrics from Dreams Dreams I can sing right now is Curtis' part(lol), but whenever you need me, just ask! X3

Now to get a voice recorder...XD

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
*reads e-mail, gapes, runs, pops in* Dreams Dreams?? Heck yes I know the song!! You see what e-mails does to people?? LoL. I'll join in :lol:. Though my voice isn't the best so hopefully everyone else will drown me out a little lol. But I wanna join in anyway cause singing is fun <3

Do you need a voice clip with us singing the whole song or a specific part?

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
*raises hand* mmeeeee!!!!!

not sure if my voice is best, but I'll try!

we should have,like, female and male parts,
or one of thouse things where one group will start signing, then halfway through the second half will start singing from the beginning and-
*gets bricked*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I've been gone from this site for quite a while (stupid life gets in the way) but when I got the email about this project my eyes lit up and I clicked the link so fast, it was scary. I would love to take part in an event like this. Now, granted my singing isn't the best in the world, but I believe, if enough other singers drown me out, I won't sound like such a fool. This is a great project!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah go guys! :D Great to see people up for this ^^ C'mon! More of you join in :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users