Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Information on donations/physical release: http://ocremix.org/f...p;postcount=291

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I see what you did there.

Now *I* see what I did there. Stupid January...to make it sound as exciting as I intended, it's the best thing I'll hear all year. :P

Oh, and there's a total of 115 minutes of music. That's right, nearly TWO HOURS of new NiGHTS ReMixes.

I think I'm in love.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
In the interest of garnering some more interest in the project, and the donations of course (remember, no money goes in my pocket at all, its all towards the physical printing, shipping!), I have release a...multitrack album preview.

Info here: http://ocremix.org/f...p;postcount=291
Quick-link to the track: http://level99.thest.....iew Track.mp3

Enjoy!

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
I just pooped myself a little from the awesome.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Amazing...I can't wait for my physical copy :D

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Turn off all other sounds, put on a pair of headphones, hit play, close your eyes. It can't be described in words.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Man Stevo...you just made my ears orgasm you brilliant mad genius you. XD

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Dear god it's....it's beautiful. ;_;

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
As I said in IRC, my brain hit the other side of the room. The release is going to be fantastic! :D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1540 - We finally got around to putting it up on the frontpage (really sorry for the delay, i started the new job this week so things were hectic at best).

Ok, so. PEOPLE! EVERYBODY! What you've just heard is literaly only the tip of the iceberg! You still have no idea as to what other awesomeness awaits inside this thing.

That being said ...now do you see why i have kept on hyping this thing for the last 2 years? It's beyond anything this community has ever received. Trust me when i say you WANT to own a physical copy because this moment won't come around again.

There will only be one NiGHTS 15th and i seriously am honored to have been part of this whole thing. Perhaps now you all can hear for yourselves just why i feel so humbled.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Ahaha I agree this is SO AWESOME it makes me need a straitjacket. You guys are amazing not only for this project, but for your dedication!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I'll definately be pitching in sometime in the next couple of days when I get payed man. This is making me fall in love with NiGHTS all over again.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
The preview gave me chills. I can't wait! :D I'm a little tight on change right now, but after February I'm sure I'll have some spare money. :D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh man that preview definitely left me hungry for more. I wish I had money T..T

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.
The Remix Preview is Great. Hey Level 99 Are you Going to Add JOD Remixs to the Album?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

The Remix Preview is Great. Hey Level 99 Are you Going to Add JOD Remixs to the Album?

Nope, this is original NiD game music only!

And thanks to everyone so far who's given feedback as well as donated! The response is startling, and the stuff is still coming in! The donations are being cut off near the end of March, but you already have my deepest thanks from the bottom of my heart. *tears of joy* WOOO!

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Nope, this is original NiD game music only!

And thanks to everyone so far who's given feedback as well as donated! The response is startling, and the stuff is still coming in! The donations are being cut off near the end of March, but you already have my deepest thanks from the bottom of my heart. *tears of joy* WOOO!

Understood. Anyway you Think After This is All Done you and the Guys at OCRemix Could Do a Album on Megaman Battle Network & Starforce? Preferably the Boss, Virus, Opening, Ending and Hero Themes? And All of MMBN 1?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Still amazing, Level 99.

Maybe someday I'll be able to contribute to some great fan project, but right now, I'm just happy to see that the team working on this is doing so well. I'm also pumped up for the Mega Man X remix album, but I'm more interested in this one...

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Still amazing, Level 99.

Maybe someday I'll be able to contribute to some great fan project, but right now, I'm just happy to see that the team working on this is doing so well. I'm also pumped up for the Mega Man X remix album, but I'm more interested in this one...

There's a Megaman X Remix Album Coming?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

There's a Megaman X Remix Album Coming?

Yes, it's a huge project containing music taken from all the games in the Mega Man X series. It's called Maverick Rising, being run by my friends Bahamut and Dyne, and should be releasing within the next couple of months.

-----------

Thanks to everyone for their support. Thanks to your donations, we're more than half way to the physical production estimate!

The art is coming along very nicely (there's a few finished pieces, and all but about three images are without rough/final sketches) and the majority of the backend stuff is done. The website should be done around the same time as the artwork, so the project looks to be sitting very comfortably ready ahead of the release date.

There's still a month and a half or so left before the donations are going to be cut off.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping themselves busy in the meantime.

Guest_madison-chan_*

Guest_madison-chan_*
  • Guests
I HAVE 1 REQUEST 4 YOU GUYZ:

AT LEAST 3 DREAMS DREAMS REMIXES FEAT. ORIGNINAL 1996 SINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that won't be TOO hard, right? ^_^

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Yes, it's a huge project containing music taken from all the games in the Mega Man X series. It's called Maverick Rising, being run by my friends Bahamut and Dyne, and should be releasing within the next couple of months.

-----------

Thanks to everyone for their support. Thanks to your donations, we're more than half way to the physical production estimate!

The art is coming along very nicely (there's a few finished pieces, and all but about three images are without rough/final sketches) and the majority of the backend stuff is done. The website should be done around the same time as the artwork, so the project looks to be sitting very comfortably ready ahead of the release date.

There's still a month and a half or so left before the donations are going to be cut off.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping themselves busy in the meantime.

Cool.

Hey Could Do a Album on Megaman Battle Network & Starforce? From MMBN 1-6 Plus Spin-offs, Remake, and Japanese Only Ones I.E. EXE 4.5, PHANTOM OF/LEGEND OF THE NETWORK to MMSF 1-3. Preferably Have the Boss, Virus, Opening, Ending and Hero Themes? And at Least All of MMBN 1?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

I HAVE 1 REQUEST 4 YOU GUYZ:

AT LEAST 3 DREAMS DREAMS REMIXES FEAT. ORIGNINAL 1996 SINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that won't be TOO hard, right? :angry:

Well, the music is all already done, and while there have been some instances where creators/industry professionals have gotten involved (Dave Wise, Grant Kirkhope, and Robin Beanland did a track for the DKC2 OCR project, Serious Monkey Business), that wasn't possible here. Also, with most of these projects, the focus is on people re-imagining, re-arranging, and re-interpreting the music to a theme or as they see fit. The fresh blood on the project has done that incredibly well, so I'm sure you'll enjoy what will be released.

Cool.

Hey Could Do a Album on Megaman Battle Network & Starforce? From MMBN 1-6 Plus Spin-offs, Remake, and Japanese Only Ones I.E. EXE 4.5, PHANTOM OF/LEGEND OF THE NETWORK to MMSF 1-3. Preferably Have the Boss, Virus, Opening, Ending and Hero Themes? And at Least All of MMBN 1?

While I do greatly enjoy the Mega Man Battle Network series music (MMBN5 on the DS is one of the chiptunes I always have on hand for driving, the music is killer and the quality over the GBA sound samples is huge), I don't think I have it in me to do another project for a while after this one. I've spent two years directing, producing, managing, and contributing to this one project that covers a single game. I definitely need some time off from those responsibilities. And even if I do another project, I have a list of other games and project ideas I'd want to do.

There's a lot of specifics about projects that are hard to overcome. Doing projects bigger than 20 tracks becomes exponentially hard to do, in terms of quality management, filling up the tracklist with musicians to tackle the stuff, and making sure that things do get done. There are too many projects going on over at OCR already right now, to the point where people are simply exhausted.

It's not impossible but, as far as I can tell, at least relating to an OC ReMix project, I wouldn't expect it in the foreseeable future.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Well, the music is all already done, and while there have been some instances where creators/industry professionals have gotten involved (Dave Wise, Grant Kirkhope, and Robin Beanland did a track for the DKC2 OCR project, Serious Monkey Business), that wasn't possible here. Also, with most of these projects, the focus is on people re-imagining, re-arranging, and re-interpreting the music to a theme or as they see fit. The fresh blood on the project has done that incredibly well, so I'm sure you'll enjoy what will be released.

While I do greatly enjoy the Mega Man Battle Network series music (MMBN5 on the DS is one of the chiptunes I always have on hand for driving, the music is killer and the quality over the GBA sound samples is huge), I don't think I have it in me to do another project for a while after this one. I've spent two years directing, producing, managing, and contributing to this one project that covers a single game. I definitely need some time off from those responsibilities. And even if I do another project, I have a list of other games and project ideas I'd want to do.

There's a lot of specifics about projects that are hard to overcome. Doing projects bigger than 20 tracks becomes exponentially hard to do, in terms of quality management, filling up the tracklist with musicians to tackle the stuff, and making sure that things do get done. There are too many projects going on over at OCR already right now, to the point where people are simply exhausted.

It's not impossible but, as far as I can tell, at least relating to an OC ReMix project, I wouldn't expect it in the foreseeable future.

I see. Well After your Well Rested After the NIGHTS Project and Finished With the Other Projects Could you Guys Do it?

Could you Let me Know When you Guys Are Able to Do the Project?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I probably won't be doing a MMBN project just because there are others I want to do a lot more. That's even if I do another remix project, which I'm unsure about. If you're so inclined, however, I googled about MMBN remix projects and found this: http://bnproject.themmnetwork.com/ <- keep your eyes on that if you're interested in mmbn remix projects.

Aight, let's not derail the thread from the topic anymore, which is the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming remix album.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I'm still so glad - once this is done, all three of my favorite games will have remix albums. It looks to b promising. I hope there's a variety of musical styles. I love to see musicians interpretations of game music, and NiGHTS has what is noteably one of the best game soundtracks out there. Keep it up!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I can assure you... when I get my physical copy in the mail, it will be a PRETTY EXCELLENT DAY!

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I probably won't be doing a MMBN project just because there are others I want to do a lot more. That's even if I do another remix project, which I'm unsure about. If you're so inclined, however, I googled about MMBN remix projects and found this: http://bnproject.themmnetwork.com/ <- keep your eyes on that if you're interested in mmbn remix projects.

Aight, let's not derail the thread from the topic anymore, which is the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming remix album.

Thanks For the Info.

Can't Wait For the Album to Come Out. You Guys Will Have it Downloadable Here Right?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Today's pretty much the last day that we are open for donations for the project!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Whooops! Totally spaced about posting it here: in case anyone hasn't seen yet, the project has revealed its cover art! Check it out!

Posted Image

Give a round of applause to Keiiii, who made this wonderful image. Other artists on the project will be Ryuko, JoF, OA, and last but not least, TRiPPY!

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Nice Picture. That is so cool. I think I'll add that as one of my Backgrounds of my Labtop. Can't wait for the Album.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
So...much...SHINY. :P Is there anything about the project that isn't perfect in every way?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

So...much...SHINY. :P Is there anything about the project that isn't perfect in every way?

Yeah, the time we have to wait for it.

That... is gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Absolutely marvelous! :) I wish I had the money to donate earlier and get a physical copy of this album. But having it on my hard drive is the next best thing. :)

This is so exciting! ^^ Loving the cover art.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
=D It's beautiful! I agree, the star trail is delightfully ooh-shiny! :) I like the lighting in general. Makes it look very dreamy. ^^

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
That is absolutely SPECTACULAR. I really can't wait for it to be here... :) lol This is probably going to put my fan music album to shame whenever that comes out.... XD

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Listening to the preview, I cannot WAIT for this. All of the tracks sound outright fantastic. Great job guys.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Thanks for all the support, people! Just finished the final touches on the physical, I'm shipping off the master copies to the printer tomorrow or Friday.

Two months from tomorrow...

Posted Image

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
That looks really good! I'm kind of just hopping by, so I wouldn't know, but are you the artist of that frame? If so, again, looks great, man :blink:

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Nope, I'm not the artist. Ryuko Dragonhalf is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users