Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Something really cool coming out next week to celebrate NiGHTS's 14th birthday, but here's a little something for starters.

Posted Image

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting

Something really cool coming out next week to celebrate NiGHTS's 14th birthday, but here's a little something for starters.

Posted Image

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO coolio uncle stevo (Gee whizz, I made a rhyme!)

Useless post is useless

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Well well well, I can't believe that NiGHTS: Into Dreams is already 14 years old. This calls for a celebration! One year left until the Lucid Dreaming project is released, so I can think of no better gift than this.

To commemorate NiGHTS's 14th birthday, a single FINALIZED track is being released from the Lucid Dreaming project, along with two pieces of art. The song that is being released is called Twin Seeds Flyby, which is my ReMix of the track "Growing Wings". It is but a taste of what you can expect from the project when it comes out next year. I have also made a small youtube video with some footage from the game and whatnot.

Click the image below to download the MP3 of Twin Seeds Flyby:
]Posted Image

Click the image below to go see the youtube video:
Posted Image

*grabs the party noise makers*

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
And there you go.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Twin Seeds FlyBy has now become the campaign song for NiD15.

And to think, Level 99 is letting you guys have an entire song a year early before the Remix albums release.

So bang this tune from your tapedeck and take to the streets with your purple spraycans, you ghetto children.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
FlyBy is pretty damned awesome, I know I went Oooooooo when I heard it, nice work level 99 :D

I can't wait until the project is complete, it's going to be awesome :(

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
O-O FlyBy is ear candy. Sweet, sweet, ear candy to make the listener blissful. Looove it~

You rock, Stevo. :P

I have to agree with Feniku. The album is bound to be awesome.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
:3 *laughing 'cause she knew about it beforehand*

More wonderful work from you, my Friend. The laughing at the end made me go WTF and laugh with glee at the same time XD

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
: ) Great track man, really captures the style of that track and adds a whole lot of new stuff in. I thought the inclusion of the motif's from all the different levels as well in that one part was amazing, you fitted it in so well. Reminded me a bit of the old Sonic games, where it would run through each levels music in the credits.

And Kori's art is amazing as always. Really looking forward to settling down in August and busting out some stuff for the project myself : )

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
D'awwwwww, thanks, everybody! I wanted to do something that showed a little bit of what you can expect without revealing much that hasn't already been given away (i did post the first WIP of this song about the same time last year :P ). So glad y'all are enjoying it, hope it makes you as happy as it made me to make. The motif's idea was actually a last-minute thing, and it worked out beautifully.

This next year is going to go by so very fast for us working on it (never enough time to do it all). Just the preparty before the actual party.

Be ready to fly! GO, NiD15! GO, NiGHTS PORT! GO GO POWER RANGERS!

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Amazing job Level 99! I can't stop listening to it and I can't wait for the project to be done! The music was always one of the best parts of NiGHTS and this OCR project completely blows me away! Great work! :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Sorry I didn't post about this earlier, but the Otakon OCR panel this year had a few people do project preview videos. NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming was one of them. Can you imagine the crowd response when NiGHTS and Reala were both in the audience, and stood up to bow before the video played? IT WAS AWESOME! Less than four months from the final deadline now, and time has reaaaaally flown. This Summer has been awesome, but the Fall will be when all the productivity goes through the roof.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
GOOD-ish NEWS, EVERYONE!

Project is coming along pretty-much swimmingly as of this afternoon. Some small roster changes but everything is still looking shiny and awesome.

One cool thing I wanted to point out is that I was requested by the main guy behind the PAX unofficial DVD stuff to put Twin Seeds Flyby in their '10 version of the DVD set, and I have said yes. SO a track from this project will be getting some cool exposure whenever they edit their footage and push out a release. Pretty cool!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

One cool thing I wanted to point out is that I was requested by the main guy behind the PAX unofficial DVD stuff to put Twin Seeds Flyby in their '10 version of the DVD set, and I have said yes. SO a track from this project will be getting some cool exposure whenever they edit their footage and push out a release. Pretty cool!

Hear that? That's the sound of jaws dropping. This is excellent news. I... I just can't believe it. ...Okay, now I believe it. :(

Stevo, you'd better be careful. You're going to have to beat the ladies off with more than just a stick one of these days. :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

GOOD-ish NEWS, EVERYONE!

Project is coming along pretty-much swimmingly as of this afternoon. Some small roster changes but everything is still looking shiny and awesome.

Go NiGHTS/OCR ninjas! :P

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

GOOD-ish NEWS, EVERYONE!

That is awesome! Spreading the love! :D

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Well, it's been quite the long road, but we're so close to reaching the final deadline. Just providing a small update:

* We have five finished tracks on the main album (all three of my tracks are now done! WOO! That's right, I just finished The World is Dreaming this afternoon!), and two finished tracks on the bonus.
* We will be focusing on the artwork and administration aspects for the next few months, which will be what we will be doing until time for release.

I have to say a BIG thank you to all the people who contributed to The Dreamers vocal group. Y'all will get credit under that title on the album. Here's the list, please let me know if I've left anyone out:

andersam
charlie
CrashMan
Cyril the Wolf (And Little Wolfette)
DiGi Valentine
Diogothedreamer
Diotrans
DragonAvenger
huruyami
iheartnights
KaizyKat
Lelis
Level 99
Musashi_HUmar
Narco
Neo_Skywalker
Prophetik
Ryuko
SmashQueen
starla
SweepBlackDust
TehLazyOne
Ten
TRiPPY
Wings1221
Xeriea
Zero Shift

You're all awesome, even if you didn't get the chance to record. :3

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Damn. I had no idea that many people pitched in. Give yourselves a pat on the back everybody. XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Level 99 has been working his ass off on this thing. I'm surprised you're still sane, Levs.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Way to go 99! Good to hear you haven't been driven insane yet XD

*raises her hand* I think I had sent in some vocal tracks too.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
O_O Wow. Congrats on getting those tracks done Stevo, and to everyone who helped out, do what Zero told you to. :(

This is just utterly amazing. o_o That release date seems so much closer now.

If I may say, seeing my name on that list... Almost had a minor heart attack. Sorry i couldn't send in less-stiff vocals though. :\

Stay sane Stevo!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Damn. I had no idea that many people pitched in. Give yourselves a pat on the back everybody. XD

You have no idea how big of a pat on the back I gave myself for finishing this. Just to give you an idea: my computer usually takes about a minute or two to do a final render of a track, because of all the instruments and effects. Due to the amount of tracks and processing on all the vocal tracks, the render for this one took MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES.

Level 99 has been working his ass off on this thing. I'm surprised you're still sane, Levs.

1) Who says I'm still sane, and 2) Who said I was sane to begin with? :mellow:

Way to go 99! Good to hear you haven't been driven insane yet XD

*raises her hand* I think I had sent in some vocal tracks too.

*scrambles* omg, so sorry, when I c/p'd the list it must have cut off the first line. You're DEFINITELY in there! I've edited the post to reflect it. Now get back to making angry Helen faces to support a NiGHTS port!

O_O Wow. Congrats on getting those tracks done Stevo, and to everyone who helped out, do what Zero told you to. :(

This is just utterly amazing. o_o That release date seems so much closer now.

If I may say, seeing my name on that list... Almost had a minor heart attack. Sorry i couldn't send in less-stiff vocals though. :\

Stay sane Stevo!

Yeah, it's close, and it'll be out before you know it. I've been in close contact with nearly every remixer on the project these past few weeks. The amount of effort going through now is ridiculous. And don't worry about your vocals, as I didn't expect everyone's to be perfect. That was part of the challenge. You may not even recognize your own voice after all I did to it, though. :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I just have to say this real fast: one of the tracks was updated hugely last night. Today, I listened to it and was brought to tears. They'd been welling up since last night. Unbelievable. I know, it's super-teasing and I'm sorry for that, but you have no idea what you're all in for.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
^- everything he just said.

I was lucky enough to hear the track in question too and it's like movie level epicness. Seriously, can't we hurry up and bring NiGHTS 15th anniversary forward just so we can release this thing, lol? XD

There's so much variety in this whole thing, i honestly feel there will be something for everybody when Lucid Dreaming drops.

iMAGiNE

iMAGiNE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I just have to say this real fast: one of the tracks was updated hugely last night. Today, I listened to it and was brought to tears. They'd been welling up since last night. Unbelievable. I know, it's super-teasing and I'm sorry for that, but you have no idea what you're all in for.

I got a wave of chills just reading this. WAAANT.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Stevo's right- what he's got is amazing (at least that I know of). If these new track are even better, the universe will impolde from the high amounts of great.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

^- everything he just said.

I was lucky enough to hear the track in question too and it's like movie level epicness. Seriously, can't we hurry up and bring NiGHTS 15th anniversary forward just so we can release this thing, lol? XD

There's so much variety in this whole thing, i honestly feel there will be something for everybody when Lucid Dreaming drops.

You guys are torturing me, seriously. >< Why can't it be July already?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Dang it Stevo! XD You're holding out and teasing us. Just wishing July would get here sooner. XDD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I will say only this:

Dies, nox et omnia
michi sunt contraria;

:) Noctourne: you ain't heard NOTHING yet.

On the super-plus side, we're already getting ramped for the physical distribution. The torrent will be free to get, the downloads online will be free to get, access to the art in any digital way will be free to get, HOWEVER the limited physical printing of the album will be exclusive to project members and people who throw in donations to the project. [Edited] I am getting new info now and will relay it as soon as it is finalized.

Still flying!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Dang it! Can't be sure if that's Latin, Old French, or Middle High German, but I did find the translation.

...And I'm still not sure what it means to the project. XD; Probably because I don't get poetry that much. >>;

Keep up the great work Stevo! :)

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Only 7 more months!

It's really gonna creep up fast and with the other ocremix that was listed on the front page this past week I'm really looking forward to Lucid Dreaming coming out.

Hope it's still going well :D

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Oh, THAT'S why a new topic wasn't made.

It was already here! XO

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I have a tendency to talk about this project a whole lot, but that's because after previewing the whole thing last week in an overview it suddenly dawned on me just what Levs has managed to achieve here. I could talk about this album all day long but it truly is something that needs to be heard.

All i can say to you all is spend the next 7 months becoming reaquianted with the music from NiGHTS into Dreams and then get ready to have everything you know turned on it's head. It's gonna be one hell of a flight through dreamland, i can tell you that.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Only 7 more months!

It's really gonna creep up fast and with the other ocremix that was listed on the front page this past week I'm really looking forward to Lucid Dreaming coming out.

Hope it's still going well :D

Things be going mighty well. While we didn't get EVERY track in on time and some changes needed to be made to accommodate, we're still doing incredibly well. 20 tracks out of 24 are considered final, one had to be cut and given to someone else, and three are being dealt with individually and should be done within a month. Bonus tracks are looking great as well, we have karaoke versions of two vocal tracks on the project (but there are definitely more vocal tracks than that on the project), and a few other bits of coolness. I'm going to be spending the next few months compulsively tweaking volume levels and mastering to make sure the entire album's flow is consistent and smooth. Also, we got lots of other things to do outside of the music department.

In the mean-time, there's plenty of other really awesome OC ReMix albums on their way out the door. Either today or tomorrow, OC ReMix is releasing their 20th ReMix album: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Threshold of a Dream. This is a project that has LITERALLY been over five years in-the-making. Kinda makes the NiGHTS two year timeline seem like a breeze, eh? It's got a lot of chill, relaxing music. A few other projects that should be making their way out the door in the next few months are Pokemon: Missingno Tracks, and Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed. There should also be plenty more projects wrapping up in the next half a year.

DiGi's also right: he could talk about this project all day. He probably will, too. Take his advice and listen to the NiGHTS: Perfect album to digest all of the melodies and musical nuances in preparation for the project. Also, some dancing shoes.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
The Music is done. And I mean, like, DONE done.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

GAH! *dies*

This is the best thing I've heard all year.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Yay! Any chance of hearing it early, then? *innocent cute smile* :)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

YEEEES! :D It has come to pass! Everything after this is gravy. Delicious, delicious Dream Gravy™.

Stevo, this has to be the greatest thing I've heard um...all year! :) *flails* The launch is going to be AWESOME!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

GAH! *dies*

This is the best thing I've heard all year.

I see what you did there.

Yay! Any chance of hearing it early, then? *innocent cute smile* :D

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho! You know how tempted I am to do so?! I spent ages last night contemplating uploading just a TINY peak of AkumajoBelmont's version of Dreams Dreams.

I know you're just yanking my chain anyway, but I can't let myself do that (Starfox). BUT I can give you some of the vitals and you can have a bit of fun tossing them around!

The total song count is: 28 tracks. 24 regular and 4 bonus, spread across 3 discs. Genres range the entire spectrum of music, from chiptunes to classical, from jazzy funk to euro-electronica, and so much more. 2 of the bonus tracks are Karaoke versions of regular tracks (for your singalong pleasure!).

Oh, and there's a total of 115 minutes of music. That's right, nearly TWO HOURS of new NiGHTS ReMixes.

The main reason we can't/won't let this out early is because of the significance of the release date, plus the additional time needed for art prep and distribution plans. OCR does a lot of stuff to prepare a project for release even after it is considered 'complete', and they need ample time to do their thing (there's currently a lot of albums waiting to come out anyway, so even if we were done everything now, we'd still be waiting a bit). But the big one is the release date: so far, we've heard nothing about a NiGHTS port to PSN/XBLA/whatever, and there has been zero word from Sega's end as to any plans for NiGHTS's 15th anniversary plans. I bet you that they're all focused on how to capitalize on Sonic's 20th anniversary by re-releasing Sonic 1 through Sonic3&Knuckles for the umpteenth time (or maybe they'll release something like Sonic Unleashed - The GOOD version). If Sega isn't going to celebrate it properly, we sure as hell will. July 5th will be buzzing anyway since it IS the anniversary date for NiGHTS, and releasing the album on that date will not only give at least some of the proper recognition the game (and the music) deserves, but it further creates buzz and feeds off of people's enthusiasm for the event.

YEEEES! :D It has come to pass! Everything after this is gravy. Delicious, delicious Dream Gravy™.

Stevo, this has to be the greatest thing I've heard um...all year! :) *flails* The launch is going to be AWESOME!

I like how Dream Gravy is trademarked. What constitutes dream gravy, exactly? And are there any knockoff brands?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I like how Dream Gravy is trademarked. What constitutes dream gravy, exactly? And are there any knockoff brands?

Dream Gravy is basically the stuff of dreams made real. Take your aspirations, your wishes, and behold as they manifest in the Waking World. Knockoff brands include, but are not limited to, 'Saucy NiGHTS', 'Hip Hip Curry', 'Eggclock Elixir', and 'Awesomesauce'. (Although there's some disputes on that last one on whether or not it's a knockoff.)

Dream Gravy™! Yer on the gravy boat now! 8D
(Suddenly reminded of that old "unwikidreamia" idea some other NiDcomers brought up at one point.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users