Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS or Sonic

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: NiGHTS or Sonic? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

NiGHTS Sonic

1. NiGHTS (23 votes [74.19%])

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

2. Sonic (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Just something that randomly popped into my mind...

Edit: Sorry for being unclear earlier, I meant which you prefer as a game series.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Are you asking which one we prefer? As characters or as game series?

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Which one you prefer as game series, sorry that I was unclear, I was in lala land when I put this poll up and forgot to be specific. B) I'll edit it right now.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I did it as in character. But as a series I have to say Sonic, clearly the game library is immensely larger and I have been a die hard sonic fan for 17 years now...however I have finally come to my seances and stopped buying sonic games, the only one I have not gotten so far is Shadow the Hedgehog and Black Knight.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
As game series, I have to go with Sonic. Even with the bad games, the Sonic series has a large number and diversity of good games.
While the NiGHTS series has basically only 2 games... one game that I love, and one game that I don't really find that great, despite what everyone else thinks about it.

marymont

marymont

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Video games, animation, music arranging, &amp; parody
Sonic, because of the Genesis collection.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sonic and NiGHTS are my no. 1 and 2s for all time favorite game characters. It's funny though how NiGHTS is only a few years younger than Sonic but in the world of gaming that's an entire generation apart.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
This is hard! While I love everything that the purple jester has graced, that's not saying much. Sonic was great until Sonic Heroes, so I can't say I like the entire series, but up until that point, I love all of his games. Numerically, I like Sonic more; with percentages, I prefer NiGHTS.

My criteria, then, was to decide which game I'd be more inclined to purchase: NiGHTS or Sonic. I chose NiGHTS. ;)

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I'd have to go with Sonic. I love NiGHTS and all, but I've only been a fan for about 3 or 4 years, while I've loved Sonic since I was 3. The "relationship", for lack of a better word, is stronger, and no matter how bad the Sonic games may suck in years to come, I can't help loving the Sonic series.

BTW, I could hardly consider NiGHTS a series... I mean, there are 2 games...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
While Sonic was good until SH, like Nocturne said, I still LOVE NiGHTS. Erm...value NiGHTS as a close friend.

But Sonic Unleashed was really fun.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Wow, this is a tough one...

As far as the characters go, I'm not really able to choose between the two because of my personal views of them. I always saw Sonic as a hero when I was a kid and NiGHTS as an inspiration to achieve my goals. But as far as games go... I'd have to go with Sonic since I played more of his games.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
This is a choice I just can't make. On one hand NiGHTS as a franchise has given me fewer disappointments, but on the other hand Sonic has several good installments.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I put NiGHTS because A) Poor Sonic just keeps going downhill, no matter how many happy memories of my genesis I have... and :P This IS the NIGHTS forum... XD

Edit: Tho Project Needlemouse sure has me intrigued...

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
As a Series, Sonic Wins.
As a game, I like NiD more than Sonic 1.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is freaking tough. Two of my most favorite series are pinned together and I gotta chose one. Damn this is hard. Uh... I'm going to have to go with...

I'm going to have to sleep on this one.

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Nights.....Sonic!
No Nights!
Possibly,
erm.....
Nights - but only just!!

Helen

Helen

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Phew!
I donĀ“t know what to say about that.
I like Nights,and Sonic,too.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
This is a NiGHTS forum. Of course the vast majority is gonna vote for NiGHTS.

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
cant choose between both of my favorite game people so like both

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users