Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Michael Jackson has passed away.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Black Jester

Black Jester

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Games, t.v., comic books and graphic novals, lots of art, and poems.
If you haven't heard, the King of Pop also known as Michael Jackson has died. He passed away eariler this afternoon at UCLA Hospital in LA. First reported by TMZ, they said that he suffered a cardiac arrest and later passed away at the hospital.
More recently, other news channels has comfirmed his death.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I'm shocked. Even though he's been in pretty bad condition lately, it seems odd that the Michael Jackson is dead. :)

Adding to the surreal nature of his sudden dead, I was watching the Nostalgia Critic's review of Moonwalker right before I was told of Michael's heart attack.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I didn't know; that's a shock. It really came out of nowhere. That's sad.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I hate that this happened so sudden.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Ever since I heard I've had no idea what to say or think. I still can't believe it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Me and TRiPPY were online for a little while last night and just as i was about to go to bed she read on Twitter that he had a cardiac arrest and wasn't breathing. Then the Twitters started being flooded with more news reports updating the situation and eventually every time i clicked refresh another person began saying he had died.

I still can't believe it.
Sonic the Hedgehog and Michael Jackson were the two things from the 90's that inspired me during my childhood. And even after learning how SEGA and MJ were connected at various points in his career made me ever more happy.
It's like....ugh...i can't explain it. I just feel so sad and down.

I hope that he can finally rest in peace now, though.

Black Jester

Black Jester

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Games, t.v., comic books and graphic novals, lots of art, and poems.
I don't know how people are going to deal with this. I've seen people in my neighborhood dressed like him, doing moonwalks, and just crying. His legacy is going to affect a lot of people for the rest of this year.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I can't beleive it! Whats gonna happen to his kids and his Monkey?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I read that near me, people were in the streets playing his music and crying. It still seems like it's not real, and he'll make some public appearence soon. :lol:

Does anyone know about the status of the Beatles' music? I heard that he willed the songs back to Paul McCartney.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I had just come home from school when a friend of mine called me and told me about it. I knew that he had some medical problems but I didn't think that this would have happened. Let's just say that it still feels like I'm in denial about it even though I accepted that he had passed.

P.S. Rest in peace, Mr. Jackson.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
My mom was so devistated when she heard about his death and when she told me I was pretty shocked. Since yesterday the raido station that plays old school music has been playing his music all day and today.

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Its a real shame. His music was the only pop I really liked. I'm sad because I really wanted to play guitar with him on a new song that I wanted to work on with him. Things just won't be the same without him...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
the coroners report suggests it was caused by drugs. he was on prescribed morphine daily and his doctor was living with him. the doctor disappeared as soon as michael died, and if this is related to the morphine, well needless to say this doctor is in the sh!t if he caused the death of the king of pop >=(

EDIT: it seems the doctor has finally turned up, and is being questioned

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
Moonwalk in peace...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I actually live near where he grew up. I can get there in about 15 to 20 minutes or less.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I played some Space Channel 5 in his memory. It's the least I could do.

I have a really hard time getting sad about deaths. I'd sooner celebrate life and what you've done during it, and there is no question Michael has left his mark on the world. His legacy will live on for a very, very long time and for that I applaud him.

I will always be thankful for the moonwalk. Such a fun dance move.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
geez, I leave socioty to go camping for one week, and he dies?!
I was rather young when he was big, so I don't know much about him, but I'm a fan of Motown music, so I might as well crank up the jukebox and play 'ABC' on repeat....

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
This has got to be the moodiest thread I've seen about this...
I know it sounds bad of me, but I never really got into MJ like everyone else did back in the day... I just know he's freaky and dangled a baby over a balcony...
I suppose the only "major" effect this will have on me is that I'll get one of those awkward moments when I crack a MJ joke... as for around here, I've yet to see anyone in a moody attitude because of it... kinda sad... but people die...

I feel like I'm going to regret this post later... oh, well...

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
I was surprised too. I grew up listening to his music over the years, loved that unique sound <3

I hope that he can finally rest in peace now, though.

I agree, DiGi. Now he will have the peace he's wanted for years now.

RIP Michael Jackson

I actually live near where he grew up. I can get there in about 15 to 20 minutes or less.

Gary? Wow, that makes us practically neighbors X3 Greetings fellow Hoosier (if I'm right XD)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.cnbc.com/...9618050?slide=5

Hm, seems MJ was not only a Sonic fan, but a Street Fighter fan. If I hear he owned a Sega Saturn..

Anyway R.I.P.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I was thinking about this all today, and I came really close to crying. I can't really handle this. It's just been a real bummer to me. So now I'm working on a tribute song for him.....

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I love Michael Jackson (how can a horror movie director not love Thriller?), and I think that we should all remember what he did and how great his music was, and not let being sad get to us. :P

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
there's already jokes about his death, some of them are really quite vicious. i punch anyone who makes fun of him, there's no need, the man deserves some peace in death, lord knows we wouldn't give him it in life! and the news was telling how his hair's a wig, and that he's actually bald. why did we have to know that? can he not have any dignity in death? and i also heard that if they cant find his will, the majority of his stuff goes to his kids, so at least we know they'll grow up alright.

Feeble

Feeble

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah I mean c'mon leave the man alone hes DEAD for Gods sake. *rolls eyes*
PPL annoy me.
I sure am gonna miss him. Nobody can or will be able to dance like he could ever again.
He was one in a million, the true King of Pop.
Sleep peacefully

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
It took forever for me to fall asleep last night because of this. But what finally helped me get to sleep was something VERY weird. I heard his voice in my head. No joke. He told me to go to sleep because he was ok and in a better place now. Weird....

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Recently I played Space Channel 5 Part 2. It just didn't feel the same. He was a part of many our lives that's for sure. I can't think of a single person who didn't like any of MJ's songs. I remember when I was a kid going to Virginia with my father and sister and we were listening to Dangerous.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Dangerous was the album i grew up on. Although his entire range of music was fantastic, i really like Dangerous a little bit more than the rest.

I heard MJ made some songs for his kids that he requested nobody should play until after he has died. I wonder what they're like. Such a sad thing to have to think about, making songs for your children should you pass away. I hope his kids have a good life ahead of them and the media don't hound them like they chased their father around.

I'm looking to buy a white black-striped 'smooth criminal' fedora hat and wear it for a while in memory of MJ. The real deal hat costs just over $200 so if i wanna do it right i'll need to save up for it. I kinda wanted to have a hat in time for his burial but ebay are selling crappy plastic and straw hats and i want something with a bit more feeling. I know i won't get a real fedora hat in time ...unless i check around London though i don't know any hat shops that would sell this type of hat.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I'm looking to buy a white black-striped 'smooth criminal' fedora hat and wear it for a while in memory of MJ. The real deal hat costs just over $200 so if i wanna do it right i'll need to save up for it. I kinda wanted to have a hat in time for his burial but ebay are selling crappy plastic and straw hats and i want something with a bit more feeling. I know i won't get a real fedora hat in time ...unless i check around London though i don't know any hat shops that would sell this type of hat.

If you buy a regular fedora-style hat and bleach it, you could add a black ribbon to make it look right.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

When doing searches online you may want to try searching for "Trilby" as well. It's very similar to the fedora and people often use the two names interchangeably. Sadly, a white hat with the black band is tricky to come by. Trickier than it should be anyway.

Also, bleaching on your own isn't recommended. It will likely turn out splotchy and horrendous to look at. Taking dye out of hats is no easy feat since as far as I know, most quality hats go through chemically rigorous processes repeatedly for a significant amount of time. That stuff won't just come out.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Indeed, Trilby is another one i can look under if i can't find anything. I probably won't do the dye-option though as i won't have the time in the day to do something like that anyway (what with working every day now).

I have a few options to choose from now though so at least there's a choice with what i can go for. Before, it was nothing but hats made of straw or plastic. e_e

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

This is a link to a quick segment from the dvd of the final rehearsals they will be releasing.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I saw that clip a short while ago. It's so sad. He looks so worn out and tired here. I think his mind really wanted to go ahead and do those 50 shows because he wanted to show his fans he still cared about them but his body wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I'm buying this DVD when it comes out, for sure.

I've been trying to keep up with the news daily on MJ but they have still yet to announce if they're going to do this tribute concert to replace the 50 dates at the London O2.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I actually found out about MJ passing away from the CNN news ticker in Times Square, NYC. All of the shops were playing MJ music as we walked by...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I won't lie, I do not remember a time when Michael Jackson didn't creep me out on multiple levels.

KUROi the dreamer

KUROi the dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:lots o stuff
Behind these hazel eyes, a sad little girl cries. I loved him. No one else, not even NiGHTS Replaced him the day he died. No THAT's Bad (NiGHTS' my first hero though). Since he died, I've been listening to his music more than ANYTHING. I like Thriller, Billie Jean, Bad, Smooth crimanial, Remember the time, Rock with you, & Black or white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users