Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Gaming Industry

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I figured we should have a topic that discusses the gaming industry and what could be, what would be, what should be and what WILL be.

we should also discuss the events that led up to where we are now as gamers. Also view this... "console war" ...from the different company's perspectives. [exept sonys ^_^ ] jk

I will turn off my sega fanboy switch for this topice *switches switch off*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Ill have to turn off my Ms/Nintendo/Sega fanboy switches. Im multifunctional XD

Seriously though, I really do feel exactly what I said in that other topic. I think that other console makers would have easily replaced Sony.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
¡NiGHTS talk only!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
true. I think this should be moved to offtopic.
/But it deserves a thread as long as it can remain civil.

NiGHTS FTW ^_^

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Errrm, there isn't an off topic.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
of corse we can. ^_^ but this site needs a 'General Chat' forum. one where we can talk about not-NiGHTS 0_o

but anyway, Im a semi MS fanboy. I don't feel the need to be because MS is rich! XD Sega on the other hand needs all the support they can get. IMO.

Sony took the quality of games and threw it out the window. Then they think that putting Quantity in it's place will make up for it. DC had a Library of 200+ games. only about 15-20% of them were not worth buying. PS2 alone has around 1000-3000+ titles and 75-85% of which are not worth buying.

sony needs to understand that Less is More. whats the point of having 4,000,000,000 games on a console if 3,999,999,999 of them a HORRIBLE, WORTHLESS games. Nintendo is the only company doing something good, they are trying to bring FUN and innovasion back to the gaming industry. Sega was innovative. Sony is just monopolizing. And Microsoft has no clue wtf theyre doing.

thats just my oppinion. NiGHTS needs to be on a HUMBLE console. So I guess I am happy that they chose nintendo over sony. (personally I just want to see it on a sega system....and thats it. but you know -_-) I think the xbox 360 would be a really good choice. They are a humble company (well...the XBOX division of the company, anyway.) and it's far more superior in Environments, than the wii. and NiGHTS IS all about environments, am I right?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Talk, discussion and debate about the magical world of NiGHTS. On topic only please

And there's an announcement about it too.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

thats just my oppinion. NiGHTS needs to be on a HUMBLE console. So I guess I am happy that they chose nintendo over sony. (personally I just want to see it on a sega system....and thats it. but you know ^_^) I think the xbox 360 would be a really good choice. They are a humble company (well...the XBOX division of the company, anyway.) and it's far more superior in Environments, than the wii. and NiGHTS IS all about environments, am I right?

And there's an announcement about it too.

I guess that rules out any talk of Sonic and sega too. : / uh...please...someone...add a genral chat Not-NiGHTS topics. ;-; I'll go insane without it ;-;

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
Play nice, kids.

This being a NiGHTS into Dreams forum, it's best if we stick to that topic.

The gaming industry topic is okay as long as you focus mainly on NiGHTS related stuff though

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
The iRC room could be used for pointless banter. Shameless plugging aside..

I'm hoping JoD breathes some original life to the industry, much like the Mother series has done.

I wish it got a little more attention in terms of study, and similar games to it were made. (Open ended, free flight and all that.)

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
The 'console war' is purely a fan-concocted thing, going back to the days of nintendo and sega. In the corporate point of view, it doesn't matter which has better games, it all boils down to how many units ship and how much profit X company makes. Example: Eidos Interactive, the force behind the HUGE Lara Croft: Tomb Raider franchise, was advertising to be bought out, simply because even after milking the Tomb Raider cashcow for all it has, it still can't financially compete with the big guns.

As I have previously stated I've actually done a Uni degree on video games and the video game industry, although I'm still no expert on it ^_^

It's funny you make a topic about the industry, because the 'industry' you're thinking of is only a small fraction of the bigger picture - the games industry also includes things like online arcades (like yahoo! games) and mobile phone games (Ah snake. Where would we be without it? BORED, THAT'S WHAT!)

In terms of NiGHTS, I don't think JoD will make much of a commotion; it's the revival of a 10-year-old franchise, it has been stated that the game will still be on rails so it isn't doing anything revolutionary, and the graphics (from screenshots that I've seen) look like they belong on a PS2, possibly even a N64. Compared to what other companies are pulling out with supplied developer's kits, NiGHTS:JoD doesn't look like it'll be winning any awards for anything.

That said, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why the Main Character's ingame model is so choppy; perhaps it's to keep the frame-rate silky smooth and the draw distance uber long, but even then, it doesn't seem to be beyond the Wii's capabilities to do this, AND manage to at least apply some anti-aliasing to AT LEAST the main character, one of, if not the most important model in the game.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

That said, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why the Main Character's ingame model is so choppy; perhaps it's to keep the frame-rate silky smooth and the draw distance uber long, but even then, it doesn't seem to be beyond the Wii's capabilities to do this, AND manage to at least apply some anti-aliasing to AT LEAST the main character, one of, if not the most important model in the game.

Thats sort of what I meant with my graphics thread. Not that the game is ugly as is, but the Wii can do better without really trying, so Im hoping Sega is making use of that ability.

And with regards to console wars, its important to me because I really wanted to play games like Okami and burnout 3 on my Gamecube instead of having to buy a crappy Ps2.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

In terms of NiGHTS, I don't think JoD will make much of a commotion; it's the revival of a 10-year-old franchise, it has been stated that the game will still be on rails so it isn't doing anything revolutionary, and the graphics (from screenshots that I've seen) look like they belong on a PS2, possibly even a N64. Compared to what other companies are pulling out with supplied developer's kits, NiGHTS:JoD doesn't look like it'll be winning any awards for anything.

I agree with you there. I think that the xbox 360 [and yes, ^_^ even the ps3] can offer a better expirience for JoD. not because of motion sensors and cheap thrills...but because the environments will be more adaptable, more interactive. If you thought the clock interaction was good on Christmas NiGHTS then imagine that on an xbox 360. We would probably be able to swim in the ocean and see 2000 different spiecies of fish, rather than horrid sprites. (in refrence to the awesome system that is-sega saturn ^_^ )

Imagine being able to have a different type of experience as you play the game. Lets say you play it and beat it. but the next time you play it it has a totally new story line and concept. This would DEFINATLEY increase replay value in NiD. {and a feature like that is only possible on a powerful...non-sony...console. lol XD}

It seems to me that everyone is focused on the fact that "the wii's controler is perfect for a game like NiGHTS"
well don't forget....so was the Eye toy -_- (we all know how that turned out...*shudders*)
It seems that No one is really thinking about the GAME itself, and the quality of it. Rather the GAMEPLAY of the game and the controller that is used ^_^

for those of you that say "It's not about technology, it's about the game" Let me remind you that the origional NiGHTS came out in 1996 on the Sega Saturn. The Saturn WAS the top-of-the-line Technology back in those days. so NiGHTS did infact take advantage of advanced technology....and I think that JoD should follow in it's footsteps. But don't get me wrong! the wiimote is DEFINATLEY a nice piece of technology....but... (theres always a but ;-;) the System itself is about twice is powerful as the gamecube where as the xbox 360 is 10 times as powerful as an xbox 1. (5 times more than a modded xbox =P) and the ps3 is...no one cares -_-

so anyway. thats my mini-rant lol. I just got off work I just felt I had to get that point out XD

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
To my understanding, we can't have off-topic because that would cost money. I'd like one too, but if there's no money for it... unless we all donated! Don't look at me though, I have about $1.40 in expendable funds.

To summarize my thoughts, the 360 is too expensive, the Wii has no games (still more than the 360 though.) and the N-Gage had a better chance than the PS3.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
More games will come for all the consoles. The Wii especially, I don't thing developers were sure it would work at first so didn't make so much that was really special. It is going to take time for us to get really A-List stuff. That's why I'm bothered about JoD, the Wii needs some decent titles and this looks like it has potential.

The 360 seems to be a decent machine, which quite a lot of games. It's just sony are shooting themselves in the foot with pricing, killing backwards compatability in europe and not having many exclusive titles that you can't just get on the 360 instead. But you never know. The PS2 had some great stuff on it, maybe sony will save themselves somehow (whatever the PS3 installment of the Ico/Shadow of the Collossus group's work is I expect will be jawdroppingly beautiful, for example.) Weren't there rumours of another NiGHTS project in the works for 360/PS3 after JoD? Interesting stuff could be done with the extra power.

(Also, it would cost money to put an off topic forum on here? If it cost money per forum, why on earth would website news and the podcast need seperate forums? They could easily have been put in the same one without any confusion at all. It seems more just that for some reason an offtopic forum isn't wanted on this one. At a guess that will be on the iMAGNi one when it gets done.)

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
There is no off-topic forum because we decided it would be better to keep it NiD-only. The former forum HAD off topic sections, which in the end caused unnecessary drama. Money is not the problem here.

If you wish to talk off topic, there's always PM's or the irc chat.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Yeah, I figured that was the case. This place is much more just about the game than about building community now, so doesn't really need to have an OT forum. Seems kinda a shame to me as there was also a lot of the vitality of the board to be found there as well as the drama, but if that's how it's wanted by the admins, it's their board so people should respect that. And yeah, there is always still the IRC.

Back on topic:

Even though JoD is gonna be playable with the Wiimote, it is also going to have gameplay that works with the nunchuk, which would maybe mean that control system would be easily portable to other systems. So while a PS3 or 360 NiD might be less innovative in control system, it could still be very cool.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Well we know development started on 360/PS3, but the platform was switched during development. The Sega worker guy who leaked the info went on about how a real next gen version might follow if JoD sells, this Wii version being used to test the water. So yeah, seems like that should keep people happy. The days of exclusives in the industry for games that aren't made in-house seems to be gone. This is a good thing. Let's hope the wonderful Bossrush (or whatever his name was) was telling the truth in that thing Sega made him delete. :)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
actually I think the wii is the perfect console for it. It just gives that feeling....that x-factor the other two consoles downt have. It feels like NiGHTS would be more at home on wii than 360 or Ps3. Those systems have other sorts of games, but the sort of game NiGHTS is is practically tailored to a system like the Wii. Besides, wasnt it said that they didnt want to just graphically enhance NiGHTS? thats exactly what theyd do on the other two systems. They arent different enough to really make NiGHTS a special game. the wii IS different enough to take it in a better direction.
Of course, if 360/Ps3 do get a NiGHTS game (I wouldnt doubt it) then I might consider buying a 360.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Uh...I own IPB it costs absolutely nothing for all my forums. 0_o I wansnt here with the last forum (unfortunatly) but I do know that nothing stops drama on a forum ^_^

but I guess it's what Trippy wants. : / I do respect that, but I think it's going to lead to alot of closed topics and deleted posts in the future. ;-;

but anyway - on topic -

and the N-Gage had a better chance than the PS3.

LMAO!

We all know that the PS3 is totally over hyped. (just like the ps2 :)) not to be biased, I think NID would be PERFECT on the ps3. (;-; did I just say that? X_x ) Sony has alot of nice technology, and they have that riped off motion sensor.(totally riped off) they DON'T have vibration, however. but NiD could do just as good on there....the only thing is the fanbase....the majority of people that like sony, most likely hate sonicteam and/or sega. whereas the majority of us diehard sega fans moved over to the xbox and gamecube. I think they should maybe release two versions of the game. One on wii with motion sensing, and one on xbox 360 with More in depth Story, Environments, Graphics (even though graphics were never important to me personally.), and maybe a more enhanced A-LIFE system through xbox live (and the wii channel for the wii)

I have a vision! :D

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

One on wii with motion sensing, and one on xbox 360 with More in depth Story

Just because it came out on the 360 does not mean the story would be improved. A larger budget and higher level hardware for a game would increase it's graphics and whatnot, but story? How would it do that? Resistance: Fall of Man came out on a console who's power has been likened to that of a Supercomputer, but it didn't make the story any better than Gears of War.
NiGHTS into Dreams came out on the most powerful console available at the time and it still had zero story. Any story that has since developed around the game has come from fans and Archie.

EDIT: Clarified first sentence.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Who the f*** plays NiGHTS for story?

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Why would that NEVER happen? Im not saying that it would. I'm saying it would be nice if it were that way.
and I play NiGHTS for story. So Does TRiPPY, DiGi and half the people here. NiGHTS has little to no words at all throughout the story, yet so much can be dirived from the games. NiGHTS' 'story' lasted about 11 years if I recall so I presume that NiGHTS' whole fanbase plays for story as well....

As for xbox 360, If you look back in history, games that were multiplatform always have extray content on the xbox/360 version of it. Even spiderman 3. The wii gets the gameplay, the xbox gets the graphics, environments, and story. while ps3 gets screwed (I hope...:>)

Im not trying to say that this WILL happen or even that it SHOULD happen. I think that it would be better for the fanbase to not have to but a $200 console for one game. If it's not going to be on all three then it would be nice to have it on at least two. but holding it on one console is going to be tough for those who opt out and by more sophisticated hardware.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
double posting - it's a lost art

:lol:

and by the way, louis, you shouldnt curse, no one takes people who curse seriously 0_o (or at least I don't)

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Why would that NEVER happen? Im not saying that it would. I'm saying it would be nice if it were that way.

No, I mean that it would never get a story just because it came out on the 360... there's more than enough room for story on a Wii CD... it's getting Resident Evil 4 and UC after all. My apologies for being unclear, shall go back and clarify my post.

NiGHTS has little to no words at all throughout the story, yet so much can be dirived from the games. NiGHTS' 'story' lasted about 11 years if I recall so I presume that NiGHTS' whole fanbase plays for story as well....

But that is exactly my point. There is nothing in the game, so fans have come up with their own content. If the new game is heavy with the story, it removes the fan's ability to come up with theories as to why everything works the way it does, and that will mean the game's lifespan will suffer accordingly.

And you'll definatly not want to take me seriously then, every second word out of my mouth is usually a curse of some sort XD Seriously, it's a word. If I say frik, people think it's alright... but f*** on the other hand? Oh noooooo~
What is the difference exactly? XD

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
LOL! I see what youre saying XD I totally agree.

*attempts to curse*

*fails*

The only curse word I can think of is sony. ;-;

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
haha f***

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

LOL! I see what youre saying XD I totally agree.

*attempts to curse*

*fails*

The only curse word I can think of is sony. ;-;

lol. you seem to hate them as much as I do.

I never played NiGHTS for the story. I prefer games with less story. In fact in Elebits and Sonic and the Secret rings, I totally skipped over the stories. If I want stories, Ill watch a movie or better yet, read a book.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
you know...the internet really ruins it for us gamers. I used to play games becuase theyre games, but when I started getting on the internet....I learned....about RATINGSand oppinions ;-;

as a result...I have much less fun playing games. XD I didnt know/care about game elements like gameplay, story, and whatnot.

Ah, the innosence that comes with being a child :lol: (and the ability to mispell innocence. 0_o )

EDIT: and oh yes...I hate sony--HATE! OMFG!!! *nukes ken kutaragu*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Sega just announced an arcade port of Ghost Squad for the Wii.

My Ps2 doesnt read discs anymore so I kicked it. now its all rattly and broken. But eh it wasnt working anyway.

Oh yeah IGN has a short interview with Iizuka in the wii section.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Sweet! ps2 fails at life.

I know that didn't make sence, but get angry with me!

I was just remembering when NiGHTS first came out, EVERYONE was standing in line at the stores just to play it...it even surpassed the super mario 64 lines. (by like two people)

THIS is the type of gaming im talking about. EVEN, FUN, EXCITING.

then sony comes and acts like they are the ONLY console in console history....sorry sony, but Atari is where it's it....you just can't be first all the time.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
of course, Square is still giving Ps3 alot of love judging by the pre-party announcements today. The wii got jacked with a chocobo spinoff. but I think its still remnants of devleopment before the wii was known as a hit in Japan. Either way it doesnt really matter when Wii is 100% getting a NiGHTS exclusive that isnt a throwaway spinoff or halfhearted attempt. Id much rather this than ANYTHING Square could ever come up with. And Im still anxious to see how Sega and Miyamoto work together on the olympics game. Overall pretty exciting times to be a Wii owner/Sega fan if you ask me. But......where the hell is Samba De AMigoooooooooo?

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Off topic, but what is with all the Sony hate? The PS3 might be a bit off a shambles, but people are talking about the company as if it is the devil or something.

It's okay to like more than one console company. People won't shoot you for it. It's okay. Hell, back in the day, people would be horrified at the thought of a sega game on a nintendo console. It's all very silly.

(PS, on Square, the Wii might not have picked up, but the DS is getting plenty of neat stuff.)

Also, please god no SUPER STORY PLOT TIME WOO version of NiGHTS. A plotty dream based thing would be cool, but I really don't think I could take it seriously considering it is about a purple clad sparkly jester thing. It would wind up the same level of 'WHAT??' that Sonic 360 was unless it was handled just right. And honestly, nobody needs the magical dreams of Elise.

I'm actually kinda worried about the control system on the Wii. I hope they get the right balance of using the technolgy to the fullest, and making it intuitive. Because that is a tricky thing to pull off.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
The sony hate thing...isnt as deep as i'm making out to be, I mean I LOVED PS1, it was a nice, humble console. but the PS2 was much more arrogant. Don't get me wrong, Sega has been arrogant too, but none to the extent of sony and their ps2.

LOL to the 'SUPER STORY PLOT TIME WOO'

when I said "a better story on xbox 360" I didn't mean like voice acting and what not....but I mean like more dreams/levels to complete, more marens to kill, and a few more bosses to defeat. Xbox's are known for having extra content that nintendo or sonot doesn't offer.

NiGHTS will be MUCH more innovative on the wii, but it would have MUCH better quality on an xbox 360. Either way it goes, it would have alot of integrity on either console. (expet sony [so-not])

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
How on earth is a console arrogant? It's a box you put things in and it makes games work for you. XD

I think PS3/360 graphics on NiGHTS could be stunning. Though all of this generation are still just getting started, so the really fantastic stuff that pushes the console to its limits is going to be a long way off.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Well XD when I say "console" I mea---*is rotfl*

omfg *is LTD*

I swear I'll edit this later.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Off topic, but what is with all the Sony hate? The PS3 might be a bit off a shambles, but people are talking about the company as if it is the devil or something.

It's okay to like more than one console company. People won't shoot you for it. It's okay. Hell, back in the day, people would be horrified at the thought of a sega game on a nintendo console. It's all very silly.

(PS, on Square, the Wii might not have picked up, but the DS is getting plenty of neat stuff.)

Also, please god no SUPER STORY PLOT TIME WOO version of NiGHTS. A plotty dream based thing would be cool, but I really don't think I could take it seriously considering it is about a purple clad sparkly jester thing. It would wind up the same level of 'WHAT??' that Sonic 360 was unless it was handled just right. And honestly, nobody needs the magical dreams of Elise.

I'm actually kinda worried about the control system on the Wii. I hope they get the right balance of using the technolgy to the fullest, and making it intuitive. Because that is a tricky thing to pull off.

I dislike Sony for many reasons, including killing Lik-Sang.

I also like XBOX360, so Im not just a Ninty fanboy anymore.
As for NiGHTS and a story, thats the kind of game people want on PS3/360, so yes NiGHTS WOULD have a story and probably a graphicval style that looked more like viva Pinata or Kameo. Not exactly the same warm feeling as the original. The wii is far more suited to do justice to the artwork by the way it renders visuals in a really charming way. Next gen visuals just give off this really cold/impersonal feeling and even the more whimsically designed games have this. I dont like it at all.

This game also has the highest chance to succeed on wii, where its usage of the wiimote is one of the main reasons people new to NiGHTS might buy it, but also because it has that aforementioned whimsical dreamy feeling that is best at home on the Wii console. Its a better fit for the Nintendo demographic, and a better fit for the controller and the immersiveness potential. I dont think NiGHTS could be any better on the other two consoles. Id argue that it would be worse.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

of course, Square is still giving Ps3 alot of love judging by the pre-party announcements today. The wii got jacked with a chocobo spinoff.

The DS has that spinoff.

The DS ALSO gets:

Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy XII: Reverent Wings
A Crystal Chronicals game

The Wii ALSO gets:

Dragon Quest Swords (I refuse to type that long ass name)
A Crystal Chronicals game
And another square game

Edit: Who started this "Ninty" crap? Thats like the worst nickname I've ever heard for Ninten!

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Not exactly the same warm feeling as the original. The wii is far more suited to do justice to the artwork by the way it renders visuals in a really charming way. Next gen visuals just give off this really cold/impersonal feeling and even the more whimsically designed games have this. I dont like it at all.

What? Just because it has the ability to do the glassy shiny look things like Kameo has, it doesn't mean anything using those consoles HAVE to look like that. The rendering style is totally down to the company that make the game, on whatever console it is. (Otherwise you wouldn't have, say, Ookami and Shadow of the Collossus on the PS2. You can't tell me they look similar, yet they're made on the same console) A lot of the games on the PS3/360 have similar 'shiny' styles because they're showing off the capabilities, and they've only just gotten started. It's more about fashion than how the consoles themselves work. Give it some time and I'm sure there'll be a huge breadth of rendering styles on those consoles, it's really early days yet. NiGHTS could look just fine on the 360 or the PS3.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I Don't think we have much to worry about. Iizuka understands the magical feeling of the original NiGHTS because he was a head producer, and we have the original music composer. They are running JoD, and I don't think Iizuka would let SEGA influence them to give voice acting and all kinds of things like terrible movies and stories like in the new sonics (oh goodness not again) so I think we will be ok when it comes to content. As for the 360 and PS3 things, I don't think its that much to be hyped up over. While yes, there would be better graphics, but we have to remember the original was about whimsical, non-complicated art, music, and the wonderful experience of flight. The 360's controller is just normal, the PS3's knockoff tilt isnt very well, but using the Wii-mote to fly will be wonderful and allows more freedom. I think we have nothing to worry about in my opinon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users