Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Project "Sky"?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
In a recent Nintendo Power, I was reading that Smash Bros. and Kirby's Sakurai was working on a new game codenamed Project Sky. This got me to thinking, what if Nintendo bought the rights to NiGHTS and is making a new game? How cool would that be? The epicity of Zelda, the usual Nintendo comedy and charm; I think it would be amazing!

What do you think? I don't think it would be much of a problem, since Sonic Team is really starting to -coughsuckcough-...

Plus, NiGHTS would be in the next Super Smash Bros. How fun!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I honestly think the chance of Nintendo having bought the rights to the NiGHTS franchise being next to zero. The chances of Sega selling the rights to any of their franchises to begin with is just as low.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I can't see Sgea selling such an iconic series, but it would work. Ninty would be fabulous- the adventure of Zelda with the charm and commedy of Mario, guided by the genious behind the boundaries of cuteness and nightmare monsters, Sakurai. It has the potential to be great. :rolleyes:

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I honestly don't think Sega and Sonic Team would sell the rights to NiGHTS. As long as there are still fansites like this, and the crazy people who still like the games that Sonic Team makes *coughmecough*, their gonna hold onto it with an iron grip.

Besides, almost all of the games Nintendo makes, to me, are kind of repetitive. *coughMariocough* And I think Sega makes waaaay more better soundtracks. :3

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

I honestly don't think Sega and Sonic Team would sell the rights to NiGHTS. As long as there are still fansites like this, and the crazy people who still like the games that Sonic Team makes *coughmecough*, their gonna hold onto it with an iron grip.

Besides, almost all of the games Nintendo makes, to me, are kind of repetitive. *coughMariocough* And I think Sega makes waaaay more better soundtracks. :3

Sega's Music? Yes. Nintendo Being Repetitive? Perhaps.

AT LEAST THEY DON'T RIP OFF OTHER COMPANIES' GAMES! -coughSonic06cough-*I mean, Sonic saving a princess? I can see Mario sueing Sonic right now...*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

AT LEAST THEY DON'T RIP OFF OTHER COMPANIES' GAMES! -coughSonic06cough-*I mean, Sonic saving a princess? I can see Mario sueing Sonic right now...*

You got to be kidding me.

You know, there's a saying that there are only about 34 plots in existence. Saving the Princess is one of the oldest stories in existence. Nobody ripped off anyone. Besides, the story in Sonic 06 was more about stopping the apocalypse than saving the princess.

In either case, companies selling their franchise rights are incredibly rare. They may license another company to develop a game for them, much like how Nintendo got Capcom to make some Zelda titles, but even so, Sega tends to be very stingy with their franchises and they have enough in house developers that I don't see why they'd even license one of their properties to anybody, let alone Nintendo.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS

Sega's Music? Yes. Nintendo Being Repetitive? Perhaps.

Yeah...the "saving the damsel/princess in distress " genre (DiD or PiD) was around long before Mario came into existence. >.>

And I happen to love Sonic06...*bricked*

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

You got to be kidding me.

You know, there's a saying that there are only about 34 plots in existence. Saving the Princess is one of the oldest stories in existence. Nobody ripped off anyone. Besides, the story in Sonic 06 was more about stopping the apocalypse than saving the princess.

In either case, companies selling their franchise rights are incredibly rare. They may license another company to develop a game for them, much like how Nintendo got Capcom to make some Zelda titles, but even so, Sega tends to be very stingy with their franchises and they have enough in house developers that I don't see why they'd even license one of their properties to anybody, let alone Nintendo.

Well, that aside, Sonic turning Werewolf is still MAJOR rip off of Zelda, as is the new Storybook game. Sonic Team's desperately trying to revive Sonic, when really all they need to do is make a remake of the original series with stylized graphics (ala Wario Land: Shake It! and A Boy and His Blob) and the same gameplay...at least that's what I would want.
Also, I didn't say that it was gonna happen. I know the chances are like .01%, but it's still nice to dream. We of all people should know that.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I think it's unlikely Nintendo would want to buy the rights to NiGHTS because JoD didn't sell very well, but if they did, there would be potential for some awesome games. :( Awesome graphics, creative boss battles...And the Wiimote-only controls would be much better. :rolleyes:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Well, that aside, Sonic turning Werewolf is still MAJOR rip off of Zelda, as is the new Storybook game. Sonic Team's desperately trying to revive Sonic, when really all they need to do is make a remake of the original series with stylized graphics (ala Wario Land: Shake It! and A Boy and His Blob) and the same gameplay...at least that's what I would want.
Also, I didn't say that it was gonna happen. I know the chances are like .01%, but it's still nice to dream. We of all people should know that.

I don't really think the werehog was a rip off of anything other than ancient fiction. I always looks at the sword as their way of differentiating between SatSR and SatBK since, from what I'm hearing anyway, they control the same and the gameplay would be similar had it not been the inclusion of the sword.

BUT ANYWAY this thread is about Project Sky and a theory the thread creator had on it. Oh wait that's who I'm already replying to haha.

Call me stubborn but I don't take too kindly to franchises going to other companies. Just look at Crash Bandicoot. I think SEGA should get Miyamoto to work on a NiGHTS game though. He did say he wished he made NiGHTS. Perhaps SEGA could allow him to do what he wish he did. That is if he even still cares about the game. Better yet it could be a game between Nintendo and SEGA. Once big rivals in the industry, now collaborating to create an excellent experience. Nintendo could then possibly give SEGA some pointers on making a better company. SEGA could get smarter and create better games and get more money. More money could mean a new console. A new console could bring us that classic SEGA style of gameplay... I'm getting ahead of myself. Long story short I want NiGHTS to remain with Sonic Team.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I think SEGA should get Miyamoto to work on a NiGHTS game though. He did say he wished he made NiGHTS. Perhaps SEGA could allow him to do what he wish he did. That is if he even still cares about the game. Better yet it could be a game between Nintendo and SEGA. Once big rivals in the industry, now collaborating to create an excellent experience. Nintendo could then possibly give SEGA some pointers on making a better company. SEGA could get smarter and create better games and get more money. More money could mean a new console. A new console could bring us that classic SEGA style of gameplay... I'm getting ahead of myself. Long story short I want NiGHTS to remain with Sonic Team.

oh dude if that happens, SEGA would improve 100 more! but I dunnop, two rival companies working together like that...hmm... I kinda see that far away, but yeah. anyeone can dream

and Im agree with you, NiGHTS should remain with SEGA/Sonic team, its just that...it would be weird if someone else took him, it would be like Megaman without capcom logo, Final Fantasy without Square Enix, Mario without Nintendo, bla bla bla *shot*

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

and Im agree with you, NiGHTS should remain with SEGA/Sonic team, its just that...it would be weird if someone else took him, it would be like Megaman without capcom logo four million battle network games

=3 Sorry, couldn't resist.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wow. A lot of you are coughing in this topic. The hell's wrong with you? Swine flu?

Anyways, i don't think Project Sky is anything to do with NiGHTS somehow.
On one hand, i want NiGHTS to receive the best attention he deserves after all this time and the way JoD was handled by SEGA makes me want another company to come along and have a try.
However, i don't know how another company could make it better. I mean, sure they'll spend more time on it than SEGA allowed Sonic Team but i'm not sure if Nintendo could pull it off.

That being said, Sonic's inclusion in Smash Bros went rather well so...who knows.

But as for 'Project Sky', i can't see it being NiGHTS. Not so soon after JoD, anyway.
Part of me wants to be wrong though.

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
All I can say is I would LOVE to play as NiGHTS in Smash Bros.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I bet the $3.62, two gum wrappers, and ball of lint in my left pocket that Project Sky is a codename for a new Pilotwings. After all, the Wii remotes for a flight game like that would certainly allow for a heightened sense of flying, gliding, spiraling, and looping that'll be unrivaled by any other game's standards.

Amazing just how much more desperate for a new game we all became after JoD's botch. Anyone with Blender skills or C++ programming experience, follow me to the nearest cave. I'll pass out torches and a week's worth of rations along the way.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Yeah that would be cool if Nintendo did something with NiGHTS, AiR NiGHTS was a discontinued project that was supposedly NiGHTS 2 for the Dreamcast and they do sound similar. We can only dream right? lol

Also, can't wait for NiGHTS in a smash game, would LOVE to see that.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
What on earth does "sky" have to do with NiGHTS? If it was project dream I'd be more willing to hope, but honestly, SEGA is struggling enough as it is, they don't need to sell off anything they have if they plan on staying alive. Sorry to be a pessimist, but be realistic here.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

What on earth does "sky" have to do with NiGHTS? If it was project dream I'd be more willing to hope, but honestly, SEGA is struggling enough as it is, they don't need to sell off anything they have if they plan on staying alive. Sorry to be a pessimist, but be realistic here.

Good point, but it's all just fun speculation. Plus, NiGHTS flys in the sky.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Yeah, I'm acknowledging that there is NO WAY that it's happening, but I'm just saying, How cool would it be?

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
It would Be like F-Zero! Nintendo got a little help from Sega and that was an awesome game! Except with NiGHTS it would be the other way around.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, we may just find out later today. It's Nintendo's conference at E3 so they may just announce something.

If it turns out to be NiGHTS then ...seriously...omfg. But i'm guessing Pilot Wings on this one.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Nuh, no new infos on this one D: Well, I can't imagine "Project Sky" being a Pilot Wings game though, it isn't such a well know franchise, so I dont think they would use such a mysterious code name for it. You can never know what those guys are up to.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Wii Vitality Sensor.......nope. Not NiGHTS.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Sakurai said it was something unlike anything we've seen before...like NiGHTS being owned by Nintendo. -giggle-
So...Wii Vitality Sensor? I really doubt that's Project Sky...but...-shrugs-

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Its not project sky. Digi said they may announce something at E3. Nintendo's big E3 announcement was the wii vitality sensor. lol.

Its not project sky. Digi said they may announce something at E3. Nintendo's big E3 announcement was the wii vitality sensor. lol.

SegaSaturnGal

SegaSaturnGal

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA (I finally got out of your Saturn's CPU)
Dang.

Move thread please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users