Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some theories about Nightmaren

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
So, well, I have been thinking about Nightmaren and such. If Nightmaren are supposed to be evil creatures, why do I see so many rebellious ones? It doesn't make them much of a rebel if there is a majority of them.

Another thing is, that they all follow a 'NiGHTS' template. Be creative! Not every Nightmare creature has to look like a jester. People should expand their creative liberties when it comes to Nightmaren. Make them human-like. Make the non-human. Base them off your greatest fear, or greatest desire.

If you want to make a rebellious Jester-maren, go ahead. I am not stopping you, I just want to express an opinion of my own.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
"If Nightmaren are supposed to be evil creatures, why do I see so many rebellious ones?"

Because Wizeman sucks at minion-making. That's why.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Another thing is, that they all follow a 'NiGHTS' template. Be creative! Not every Nightmare creature has to look like a jester.

I kinda assumed that first-level Nightmarens had to. After all, we know only two first-level marens, NiGHTS and Reala, and they both look like jesters. Even Jackle, who is stated to be a failed first-level maren, looks like that. So it makes sense to me. I think Wizeman has a thing for jesters.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
And all the second-level Marens all looked like some sort of freakish circus team, anyway. Jester First-Levels just sort of make sense.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I have justification for Nocty being jester-esque!

I've theorized that there's a theme with maren. NiGHTS is a jester, Reala is a mime, and Jackle is a fortune teller, so we need a classic, elegant harlequin. That's how I designed Noctourne. Pluss, a saw him in a very early form in a dream. Does that make me a hypocrite when I find the lack of creativity in fanmarens sad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users