Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stunt Ribbon Glitch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
So after my (READ) very long absence away from this darling forum, I hooked myself up with a Sega Saturn and NiGHTS, along with the 3-D controller!

While practice makes perfect, my scores haven't been as great as the ones on Score Attack (not even close to Charlie's lol) and I can't seem to nail the trick ribbon glitch that allows you to spam points during the bonus time runs. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. What do I do?!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I assume you mean the exploit where you fly against the top or bottom surface of the level.. I'm no expert at it either, but the way to do it is to execute the trick commands as you would normally (forward L, down R, etc.) only since you're flying right against the ground/ceiling the animations won't play but the tricks will count. And since the animations aren't wasting time, you get to 'execute' more 'tricks'.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Oooh...the stunt ribbon glitch! I love it! :P

Basically you want to fly into the ceiling or ground and alternate the L and R's as fast as you can while changing directions on the analogue stick. Also, some ceilings or floors are much better than others so you should experiment until you find a good one for you; simply, you want to find one that is either bumpy or on an angle because it will let you change the direction of the analogue stick.

Here is a video that Peter created a long time ago. You can hear him bashing on the L and R's so it gives you a good sense of how fast you should go. Also notice how he turns around halfway through. Eventually the tricks will stop so if you change directions you can start them going again.

*Plug* You can also watch my videos if you want to see which ceilings/floors I use.

And lastly here is a great quote from Peter on scoreattack.net

Hitting a wall / ceiling cancels out the animation for the stunt but awards you the points for it. With that in mind, force NiGHTS along an uneven surface, and alternate tapping L and R while slowly rotating the analogue pad, from left to right. Remember that each possible direction (8 in all) plus L or R gives you a stunt, which will only count once during stunt time. Once you have guided NiGHTS in one direction and alternated between L and R for each direction parrallel or towards the surface, then turn around and do it going the opposite way. Another thing you want to do is position NiGHTS so that it starts the wall-ride with its' belly - this is not its' 'natural' position and it will eventually flip itself over to wall-ride against its' back, effectively resetting all the stunts so you can do them again (as they are now in opposite orientation in relation to NiGHTS). My most successful stunt runs start with NiGHTS against his belly, it flipping over on it's own, then me doubling back and going in the opposite direction, again starting with its' belly.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I can't believe I never figured that out! I gotta try that!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I had tried to do it but I always failed to keep it up so I just said forget. Might try it again now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users