Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skype chats for DC09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. I got a kick in the arse this morning to get this underway.
As most of you know, the next show is going to be about everything that went wrong with JoD.

It's been requested that we have some Skype Chats with people to hear their point of view on the subject matter, rather than have you all individually send in voice clips.

So, within the next 30 days until the trial period runs out on the my Skype-recording software i'm going to be having short one on one chats with some of you on Skype, asking you questions as to how you feel about it all and what your opinions are. The chats will be individual though we may have a group chat too, it just depends. The chats themselves won't be that long, 5 minutes max per person and maybe 10 minutes for a group chat if we have one or two of those.

I'm going to need to see a show of hands of people who
A- have Skype
B- are able to get involved in a quick chat with me and TRiPPY and
C- own a good enough microphone because i don't want to be speaking to people who are reporting live from inside a goldfish bowl, lol.

This will work in the basis that you show interest in wanting to participate, we have a rough understanding of how many people want to take part. From there, we contact some of those people in this topic via PM requesting their Skype Names so we can meet up on Skype and record the conversation.

Please bare in mind not everybody who responds to this will be able to join in. We only have a set amount time for each show so we'll try and get as many of you as we can but it won't be everybody.

So, right here right now, if you're interested in taking part just let me know. The sooner people respond to this the quicker we can get the next show up and running.

Hit me.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
If I can get my hands on a microphone and Skype in the next 30 days I'd love to do this, but then again I'm always up for participating in Dreamcast. XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I think I used Skype once or twice at a friend's behest, but I don't got it right now

Cool idea with the one-on-one chats

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I have skype and a mic, but my webcam is busted. I'd be up for some venting :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have Skype and a good mic! My Skype name is Harmonix_V, and I can totally chat live with you guys! Hoo-ha! *victory hips*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Can i talk to people too ;_; ?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I'd be up to chat with anyone for the sake of Dreamcast #9, TRiPPY. I'd probably be up to chat with anyone anyway. Well, actually, not JUST anyone today, because I've had a really crappy day. But any other day! Woo!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok, it's all good. I still need to see who is interested in taking part so just a show of hands from people who CAN and WILL do this. As i said, we can arrange a time afterwards, i just need to see who's interested. :)

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I'd love to be a part of this! I've got a mike of pretty good quality (it's not a total piece of junk, anyways. XD), but timing might be difficult.

And now I'm having issues downloading Skype... *headdesks* I'm working on it.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I CAN and WILL do this, DiGi. Hoo-ha! *victorious fist in air*

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I'm up for it, but, like, awkward work shifts, and-

no. Wait.

I have a whole week off from the 23rd March, if that's still within time, I could probably chat any time during that week :(

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
After maybe two dozen tries, I finally got Skype set up! :(

I'm StarsOfCASSiOPEiA on Skype as well, so you all know.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I'm down for this but timezones and my class schedule are going to prove a bit tricky to work with. Plus, I'm on the road right now so I wouldn't be able to do this until the end of this week at earliest.

But if we can get a time set up, it's all good.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I would like to do this. It sounds fun. I have a $30 mic and works really great. You can hear just about everything.....sometimes a bit too much. (My friends on Skype can hear my phone conversations when I have to answer it real quick. And when I mean they can hear it, I mean they can also hear the person I am talking too. Thus I have to mute the dang thing a lot.)

However if there are those that want to do this far more and have not had a chance to do anything on Dreamcast, then by all means, let them have it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The more the merrier, Yami :(

Ok. I'm gonna have another 3 days left for people to respond to this and show interest. After that, i'm going to try and make a few decisions based on the number of people we have.

We have a few options available to us. If the number of people not wanting to participate is low then i may just opt for a group chat or two, depending on the numbers.
If there are a lot of people then i'll take it back to a one on one conversation. However, looking at it now, i feel perhaps a group chat might be better. With the amount of people showing interest so far, it's looking to be maybe one to two seperate group chats.

So, yes. People have until the end of Wednesday night, Thursday morning to reply to this topic. After that, we'll start arranging times for these talks to be had. :o

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Count me in man, I keep meaning to grab a proper mic from somewhere anyway :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. It's Thursday morning so that's it, time's up.

Right. I need to see one post from each person who are still wanting in on this now. Judging by the looks of numbers we may put it to two small groups chats depending on who is still interested.

So, for one last time, just a simple post from everybody who has posted so far if they're still wanting to do this. A "Yes" or something will be good enough, i just want to do a head count quickly of the people certain they want to be part of this.
After that, i'll decide if it's going to be a group chat or one-on-one (though now i'm leaning over towards group chats).
We'll then all arrange a time to meet on Skype and record this.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I agree with you, maybe the group chats will be more effective.

And I'm still interested!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
still up for it here XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
*Raises hand* Yes.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Yes!

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
**raises two hands to beat Yami** :(

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
*raises six hands to beat kurosen* O.o OHCRAP IJUSTGAVEAWAYMYSECRET

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Yes matey

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
*Raises Hand*

I'm in.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Right. I'm seeing 7 people so far. If TRAV is still down for this then that will give us 8 therefore making two even groups for group-chat.
TRAV, are you in? Let us know and i'll arrange all your names into which group you'll all come under.

As for everyone else, keep checking back to this topic to see what's being updated.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Yes. I'm in.

Sorry about the delay there.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
No worries, TRAV :(

Ok, we're set then. It's looking to be two seperate groups. To make sure we get the best times available for everybody i'm gonna need you people to tell me when is best for all of you to record this. Ideally, and to give you something to go on, i'm looking at recording this next week, perhaps either Thursday or Friday. If it's good for you all, name your day and time and i'll try and put you all into a group where it's as convenient as possible.
IF peoples times are too different between one anothers then i'll opt back for the 'one on one' chats instead.
Let me know.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Thursday and Friday work fine for me, but Thursday is definitely the better of the two. I'm open anytime after 3:00 pm US Central time, which I believe is five hours behind London time. Friday I'm likely available later. Probably around 5:00 or 6:00 pm.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
damnit i was hospitalised for this, no fair! :( it's ok though, because i don't have skype or a microphone! :P but i can offer.......to listen to the next podcast with all my might? the veins will be bursting from my head with strain of might as you say what went wrong with JoD :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Thursday or Friday are both fine with me, sometime after 3:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time, which I think is about... err.... four or five hours behind London? I'm not too sure, but I think it's four. I get home around 2:30 and then spend a while doing chores, so I believe anytime near 3 or 3:30 PM would be fine. Also, don't be surprised if you hear one or more voices in the background as my friends like to invade my house and random times to eat all my snacks and play my Playstation. So if you hear two teenagers swearing at each other in the background, ignore it. It's probably them yelling at each other.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Any time this week coming's fine for me XD Thursday or Friday or whatever, any time. Got the week off, so, yeah XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Thursday is the only day I have no classes so that is the best possible day for me. Well as long as it is after 11 A.M US Eastern standard time. Friday however, I will have to wait till like 3:30 PM or 4.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I still don't know my work rota for next week, I'll be finding that out tomorrow, but Thursdays from 6 to half 8 are usually good with me. Basically anytime I'm not working. Ill get back to you asap.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Thursday would probably be the better call for me. Anytime between 4 and 7 eastern standard time (GMT -5:00) would work. I'll make sure to grab my good headset before I head back to uni in a few days.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
*snip*

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
This would be a lot easier to work out if we still had a chatroom :o

I'll try and widen my window but it's going to be difficult with my class schedule. Go figure my only class on Thursday happens about when everybody else is available.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Just a little correction, I'm Central time, not Eastern. Also, I'm pretty sure Eastern time is only four hours behind London time, not five.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oh, i see. Hmm. These timezones are a real pain the arse. XD;;

Right. I've just edited that list i wrote so hopefully that looks correct.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Central Time is the other way around sadly. 6 hours behind London. The whole post there had incorrect timezones. I'll take the initiative and re-list in groups with optimal times, assuming GMT (London) and Thursday as the day.

Group A: 6:30 pm GMT optimal time (1:30 pm US Eastern)
Yami: Anytime after 4pm (GMT -5:00, US Eastern)
Jof: Anytime from 6 to 8:30 (half 8 does mean 8:30, right?) (GMT)
Feniiku: Any (GMT)

Group B: 9:30 pm GMT optimal time (4:30 pm US Eastern, 3pm US Central)
Zero-Shift: Anytime after 9pm (GMT -6:00, US Central)
DAiLiGHT: Anytime after 8pm (GMT -5:00, US Eastern)
Me: Anytime between 9pm and midnight (GMT -5:00, US Eastern)

Basically I've (almost) split US and UK. The extra half-hour accommodates for anybody not being able to make their exact start-of-availability time. This is the way I best see it fit.

Sorry if I took too much control just now XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users