Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic and the Black Knight

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Video games, music, movies, fashion, good anime/manga, writing, and roleplaying
Not mentioned as Sonic's favorite food, though. Or even by name...

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Sonic and The Good Gameplay sucks ass? Haha no, it doesn't.

Considering Secret Rings had good gameplay hampered by completely pointless sh!t, Black Knight cuts the bullshit out with less pointless missions and leans more on the funz.

Now let's all drop Matt's IGN review of the game like the Playstation a'la NiGHTS into dreams USA commerical, because the Saturn can run NiD! =D

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Video games, music, movies, fashion, good anime/manga, writing, and roleplaying
I wanted a Saturn when I was twelve because of that commercial. My father talked me into getting a PlayStation.

In retrospect, I'm glad I got the PlayStation, because I ended up getting the Saturn and NiGHTS anyway years later. For MUCH less.

But... this is the Black Knight thread, not Tethys' gaming history. And I'm slightly depressed, because I just finished every mission in the game.

Of course, I still have to master Cavalier and Paladin styles, get five stars on all missions, find the golden slime (?), get the Knights' best weapons, and maybe even unlock some more battle modes. And, hm... I do have all 15 Ranking mode missions to play now...

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
According to the game, I've found the golden slime, but I didn't even notice. I was just advancing through the story, then at the end of a level, I unlocked the achievement which says I found the golden slime. But I don't remember seeing it. Guess I was very lucky. :(

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
It'd probably help if I stopped instinctively avoiding the slime. The golden slime is apparently random, so there's really no way you can go looking for it...

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
If you hold back you can watch them change colour before you step on them. I still haven't found it myself XD What does being poisoned do anyway?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i just completed it today, after starting yesterday night after hosptalness. i thought it was quite good, although i did notice a bit of weirdness with the controls. and the voice actors continue to improve, although is it just me or is knuckles always shouting? :( i too have apparently found the golden slime.......apparently. but yeah, that game deserved much better than IGN's review gave, but i'm sure you all know this anyway :P

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Dan Green as Knuckles only sounds good when he's shouting. Or growling. He tried to do calm in Shadow the Hedgehog, and... well, just... no.

I miss Scott Dreier. :o The dialogue was horrible in Sonic Heroes, but you could tell the voice cast was pulling it together, performance-wise. Then, Deem Bristow died (:( x2) and 4Kids took over. Thus starting the whole "voice actors finding their niche" process over again.

At least they are getting better. Even the really bad ones are starting to become vaguely tolerable.

That said... I hope never to hear Vector's 4Kids voice again. ("FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!!!")

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
to fit through tight spaces, press the circle button to slide! :o i just got to go on 2-player, the music of old is everywhere! :( happy days!

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
I’ve been playing the game for a bit and the more I play it the more I seem to like it. I’m taking points from the Games TM review in which they gave the game an 8/10 score, now I’m not sure the game is an 8/10 in my view its a 7/10 but then they have raised some points in there that I do agree with. What a lot of reviews have said that the games sword controls are broken well that’s only half right. GTM said that inexperienced hands would find themselves abruptly crashing into each enemy thus bringing Sonic to a stop. However they said that if you make controlled precisely timed swipes of the sword just before you run into an enemy you will slash right through them and keep running. I went back and rather then waggling the remote like a mad man I tried this out and after just one level I got the hang of it and I was having more fun with the game. The sword does take some getting used to but can be fun at times and I have to say it does look cool when you do a jump homing sword swipe and taking out a line of bad guys in the process.

They also said that the game succeeds in where other games have failed by providing a smooth-flowing yet challenging and exhilarating experience every Sonic fan craves by removing stuff like pointless exploration, fetch quests and gameplay that does not involve running. I agree with this point. Take Sonic Unleashed for example in that when you got Sonic you got Sonic but the game was broken down into pointless parts that felt tacked on at the last minute like running around towns trying to find sun and moon medals so you can hopefully unlock new levels and of course the werehog. In Black Knight what you got was Sonic and only Sonic doing what he does best and that’s running fast in a colourful world.

Overall I think its a great little game but yes sure I know a lot of people will hate it and that fine that’s your opinion and I respect that but from me I think after what Sonic Team have done is a very well made game which myself and a lot of other people thought would be another disaster but turns out to be a real surprise and fun game, not perfect but still a fun game. I’m not saying this as a fanboy as I am not a fanboy I gave that up years ago after I left high school, I’m saying this as a normal gamer who loves videogames.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
As much as I WANT to like this game, it is just too hard for me to enjoy it.

Zelda TP was freaking amazing. Perfect game. When I heard of BK i was like, hmmm, maybe they can 'copy' a bit but add something new. Loved Secret Rings, so I had faith in Sega.

All I'm gonna say is this...Story line is confusing, short, and VERY disgraceful ending (2nd ending along with 1st ending) finished the entire story in 2 hours, tops. Controls are 'hard' to master. In the sense that, all I do is push forward (left and right make almost no difference) and swing like mad to finish levels (sometimes jump and jump cancel at most). If i TRY adding in 'style' or time swinging (next to soul surge) I die and fail missions quite fast. I don't find the extra missions make up for the short story, nor does the online rankings mean anything.

The sword building could be kind of cool, if it had more leg room. I just find the 'extra' stuff was squashed in with sega thinking 'the more the merrier'.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

("FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!!!")

Every time I hear that it makes me want to kick puppies, punch babies, and dump old people out of wheelchairs. THAT'S how bad it is.

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

As much as I WANT to like this game, it is just too hard for me to enjoy it.

Zelda TP was freaking amazing. Perfect game. When I heard of BK i was like, hmmm, maybe they can 'copy' a bit but add something new. Loved Secret Rings, so I had faith in Sega.

You based your expectations of this game on Twilight Princess? I'm sorry... you made your own disappointment on this one. Sonic may have a sword, but it's still Sonic. Sega prefers control simplicity to variety in technique, if everything since 1991 (three buttons, and they all jump!) has taught us anything.

Seriously. I can't stress this enough. DON'T expect ANYTHING of a Sonic game that's from another franchise. I remember back when I was on the Sega forums, some kid complained about the Sonic Adventure 2 storyline being no match for Final Fantasy X. Well, duh! :P

P.S. - I'd like to hear your thoughts in private on the ending. In my own opinion, this game had the best story since Sonic Adventure 2...

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

P.S. - I'd like to hear your thoughts in private on the ending. In my own opinion, this game had the best story since Sonic Adventure 2...

Well, I've yet to play the game... but I will... but I WON'T buy it as to help "protest"... but if it's based on Arthurian legends then it must be somewhat intriguing... I don't recall a female knight of the round table though... nor do I recall "Sir" Dame Percival to be female...
But again I have no complaints because I like Blaze... keep blaze! we dun need no more Jet!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Personally I really liked the story, and the ending was funny. Especially the part after the credits, that was hilarious. :P

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Personally I really liked the story, and the ending was funny. Especially the part after the credits, that was hilarious. :P

lol yeah, can't say i was expecting to hear that at the end of the credits :) or for that song to be the final song in the storyline!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.tssznews....egins-in-japan/

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

http://www.tssznews....egins-in-japan/

Holy shnitzel SEGA is taking their finger outta their ears!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Not to be a pessimist, but I'd advise you not get your hopes up quite yet. Ha, for all we know, the "suggestions" could just be Sonic Channel taking advantage of the dire straights the franchise is in to increase participation. I am interested to see where this goes, whether for the win or for the lulz (damit, that rhymed).

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Not to be a pessimist, but I'd advise you not get your hopes up quite yet. Ha, for all we know, the "suggestions" could just be Sonic Channel taking advantage of the dire straights the franchise is in to increase participation. I am interested to see where this goes, whether for the win or for the lulz (damit, that rhymed).

You're right, it could go either way... I'm intrigued as well to see if this does anything good.

I finally got around to buying Sonic and the Black Knight, and I'm enjoying it. Sometimes it's a little unclear as to what exactly you're supposed to do or where exactly you're going, but it's pretty simple otherwise. The plot line is nothing extravagant, but it makes sense with the missions you're given. And I'm just enjoying playing with a sword. XD

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Ok, I've rented the game and just about beat it...
I'll admit it's better than I expected... sword swinging is abit clumsy and too sensitive (sometimes I'll swing my sword just from hitting the A button despite my hand being perfectly still) if you want to play story mode effectively stick to Sonic everyone else slows down during combos (not sure about knuckles as I haven't bothered to play him) blaze stops entirely! (Why blaze!?) Multiplayer... hmm how do I put this delicately?... SUCKS beyond quite possibly any other multiplayer exp. I've had prior to this game... with action that reaches speeds of up to 3 mph!!!
But it's still fun to blaze through the levels at high speeds... moving backwards is annoying especially since some levels require it... homing attack nerfed...

But the most frustrating part about this is that the game had great potential compared to other sonic games!!!
And this is one of the few titles that are tolerable...
I can hear King Arthur weeping at this disgrace...

again... the game is playable... but rent it... it's short even for a sonic game...

and yes... my wii i fixed... I just need to get my friend code...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users