Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Memory Forest

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dreams70

Dreams70

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Did anyone ever notice that in memory forest the only ballon that shines is the yellow ballon.
The red, green, blue ballons don't glow but the yellow ones are glowing. Have you notice that?

What are your opinions on why the yellow ones are glowing?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i never noticed that before....i must investigate! :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Interesting. I'm surprissed I never noticed that, as I play in Memory Forest all the time. It probably my favourite level in Journey of Drams, because it reminds me of my favourite song, "The Memory of Trees" by Enya.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Maybe its alluding to the ideya of hope? (once again putting courage in the dumpster)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

i never noticed that before....i must investigate! :)

Same here :) Never noticed that; I will check next time I play.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Maybe its alluding to the ideya of hope? (once again putting courage in the dumpster)

That was my first thought, too. It seems the most likely explanation, since they put so much emphasis on the yellow Ideya.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
if it is emphasising the yellow ideya, does that mean the next game will revolve around a different ideya, until all five are done?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Well, I wondered that, too, but not all the Ideya are as...what's the word?...inspirational(?) as Courage and Hope. I think they'd have a hard time making a game emphasizing the Ideya of Intelligence as meaningful. So I'd think not. (Or, at least, I hope not...)

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

Well, I wondered that, too, but not all the Ideya are as...what's the word?...inspirational(?) as Courage and Hope. I think they'd have a hard time making a game emphasizing the Ideya of Intelligence as meaningful. So I'd think not. (Or, at least, I hope not...)

NiGHTS: IQ test of Dreams....

Maybe it'll be an educational game like Learn Math With Mario XD

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach

NiGHTS: IQ test of Dreams....

Maybe it'll be an educational game like Learn Math With Mario XD

So would that make the Ideya of Growth
NiGHTS: Tumor of Dreams

Either way I need to check out the yellow balloons.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I replayed the level yesterday, and while the yellow balloons look like they're shining, it's kinda hard to tell if they're actually shining of if it's just my TV...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
lol well, the intelligence one could be that the visitors become morons in their dreams :) and maybe growth would be they shrunk :D yeah, these ain't working................

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

So would that make the Ideya of Growth
NiGHTS: Tumor of Dreams

Either way I need to check out the yellow balloons.

Somehow I do not believe they mean *litteral* growth. Mental growth anyone? You could have the dreamers mature over the course of the game.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach

Somehow I do not believe they mean *litteral* growth. Mental growth anyone? You could have the dreamers mature over the course of the game.

I know I just thought it would be fun to have a play on words.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
and it was fun, i had quite a chuckle to myself :D

segastudioUSA

segastudioUSA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Takashi Iizuka, Sega Studio USA, Animation, San Francisco.
anybody notice how memory forest resembles green forest from Sonic Adventure 2. Both levels designed by Iizuka. Such a charming level. Beautiful atmoshpere and music.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Hey you're right!

Hey anyone wanna put a piccy of the balloon glowing up here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users