Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum update

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hey guys, incase you've been wondering why there's not been much site updates it had a lot to do with the fact we were being swamped by bots which just sucked the joy out of admin duties trust me. But now I can update the forum system to fix the problem. This will be taking place today at some point. So if something breaks, don't worry the sky's not falling, I'm just having a slow moment :rolleyes:

Other than that, how you all been?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
are the bots all the blue names that appear at the bottom, who are constantly validating? and i sent you the articles! :rolleyes: did you get them yet?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
.... XD yes i did, thanks.

And yes, all those stupid validating accounts were driving me nuts! One day i went in and found 256 validating med bots :( It was making it really hard to validate anyone new (and legit).

Now we should see people able to sign up to the forums again! :rolleyes: yay

PS)Thanks Myst, i don't know what button i pushed but it certainly broke something.

EDIT// It seems that the old skin breaks the forums, so for now this is a temp default skin until I can make a new one. Feel like a bit of a change anyway since we've had the old skin for 2 years now.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
jesus, that's a lot of bots! i suppose robots like NiGHTS too :( and sorry, i don't know what the hell happened to my last comment, it was only supposed to say it once :rolleyes: there's a new temporary skin? to me it's still the NiGHTS one. Is my account dead?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Wow, two years? Has it really been that long already? Where does the time go? This new skin is weird. It's like coming home only to find John Cleese sleeping on your couch. Something is askew.

Anyway, I've been peachy, thanks for asking. :rolleyes:

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
Is there a new skin? 'Cause all I see is the NiD '07 one- unless that's supposed to be the new one (though I highly doubt that.)
Anyway, I've been doing pretty well. You?

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
good

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
TRiP YOU BROKE THE INTERNET!

Er...a small corner of it. The corner I enjoy spending time in nonetheless. AND YOU BROKE IT. My homepage is no longer a reminder to why I am who I am, but a bleak generic forum wrought with despair! :(

It's OK though. Good to see you're back around these parts. I've been on and off of this place; I'm busy between school and a side project (helping out with the Model 2 Emulator over at nebula.emulatronia.com ).

I've yet another project I'm working on that hopefully I'll be able to show something for soon. :rolleyes:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well after searching for a decent new skin all damn day I came to the conclusion the best course of action is to simply buy an upgrade for the one i have. So i have to wait to hear back from the guy. That way i wont have to shell out $35 for something i already bought e_e;

I would make my own skin but it's amazing how little resources there are for the version i upgraded to.... phpbb gets all the love.

So for now you're stuck with sucky default skin. If you're still seeing the usual one you need to hit F5 or something.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
so long as you're not having to spend loads of unnecessary money on us, we'll easily use it just now :rolleyes:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I feel really grumpy because i spent all day looking for skins when they all turned out to be expensive, the wrong version, or just plain ugly or boring. I have a horrible headache now >_< Bah

I really want to do so much for this website, it requires a lot of patience sometimes lol...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
take your time, health comes first! :rolleyes: it's great that you're so ambitious about it though, there's a shortage on people like that nowadays

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks, I'm glad it's apreciated.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
well, it is from me, anyway :rolleyes: i can't really speak for everyone else though, but i assume it is! how bad is the headache?

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Sorry to hear about the headache.
I'm not a very big fan of bright white on monitors, so this toned down gray is kinda nice and easy on the eyes for me.

You're probably gonna hate me for bringing this up after you spent so much time looking for a proper replacement, but I really miss the old Black&Purple color scheme. Is that not possible with these boards?

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I was wondering what happened. The place looks weird without any purple. XD

But yeah, I don't think there's any need to rush, I'm sure it'll look great when you do find something.

Although, does this mean you'll have to update it in future versions of the comic, or shall it stay for nostalgia? ^^

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
and in some kind of sick intercosmic twist of fate, i too have a sore head, and i feel sick too... :rolleyes:

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
So that's what happened. That's a relief. I thought there was some kinda major site crash. My first thought was: What. Happened...to my fav forum?! I was about to have a heart attack or something. These last 2 days have been crazy. Yesterday I was almost run over in a church parking lot because I looked left but forgot to look right, because after Mass everyone usually goes right where the exit is. Last night/this morning I stayed up until 5 am at a sleepover, which I usually don't do. Today I saw my mom, for the first time ever, leave something burning on the stove while she was out. And then I come and find a drastic color change here, and I think the apocalypse must be near.

Don't hurt yourself trying to get us an awesome skin, TRiPPY. As long as it's purple, it's good. :rolleyes: And I have no problem waiting.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Well it's nice to see you again TRiPPY :rolleyes:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woah, it's different. eh, I'll get used to it. Look forward to skins and whatnot. I wasn't on the computer so luckily the forum came back before I even knew it was down.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I opened up the forum and went: "WHOA, WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE PURPLE?"

But I hope you figure it out. ^^ I know you will!

I'm doing quite well, thanks! Got back from a con, actually, last night. Still recovering. XD But there's school tomorrow (President's Day is today), and it'll feel so WEIRD not to be cosplaying.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I like it. Loads faster and I was kidna getting sick of all the purple. Maybe red would be a nice change... like the Japanese booklet... then again I don't come here enough to really voice much.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
No matter how much I kick out the bots there's always a flood more within hours, they come in pretty quickly. @_@

Also wtf bbq I'm in a strange new land. D:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
A quick update for you before i head to bed (yay i rhyme!)

I'm in the process of buying the skin upgrade so I'll slap it on tommorow. It's costing me $25 so if any of you feel vagely like parting with a dollar or 2 my paypal is-
fearmyhips@yahoo.co.uk

Any surplus will be spent on site relevent tosh.

Night guys!
xx

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Glad you were able to update the site! Sounds like the bots are a pain in the arse! Also sent you some dough to help pay for the skin upgrade. Keep up the great work!!!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Charlie, thanks a lot for your help!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
if only i had paypal.....and some money.......and a bank account.....but if i could i would give you money! :)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Do I need a paypal account or something? I'd like to give something but I don't know how to do.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Alrighty, good morning!
I just purchased a skin upgrade which i will hopefully be sent today so I'll get started on that when it arrives. Also since I got more donations than i expected I'll try to find a dark skin too for those of you with 3am screenburn. That way you've got a choice of how to view the forums.

Win for all!

Thankyou so much to Charlie and Zeroshift, your generosity is very much apreciated. <3

Now i can fix zee forums ^v^ yay!

Do I need a paypal account or something? I'd like to give something but I don't know how to do.

It's okay Kentilan, I got the problem sorted so theres no need to donate money now :) Thankyou very much for the intention though!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Hmm...

I've been fine. Just in college making games...Which is really really hard.

May we have a black & red Reala skin?

Pweeeese?

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Alrighty, good morning!
I just purchased a skin upgrade which i will hopefully be sent today so I'll get started on that when it arrives. Also since I got more donations than i expected I'll try to find a dark skin too for those of you with 3am screenburn. That way you've got a choice of how to view the forums.

Win for all!

Thankyou so much to Charlie and Zeroshift, your generosity is very much apreciated. <3

Now i can fix zee forums ^v^ yay!

It's okay Kentilan, I got the problem sorted so theres no need to donate money now :) Thankyou very much for the intention though!

I don't know how the skins on these boards work, but do you need to actually buy skins, or are you free to create your own ones as much as you like? Because if it's the latter then I'd be more than willing to help create a skin for the forum rather than you spending your spare cash, it's something I've always fancied taking a shot at.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
at first i was all "holysh**ROFLCOPERWTFBBQ!! I miss logging on for ONE DAY and this is what happens?!?!?!" XD I mistook that little IP.BOARD logo up there for the Level five logo (a game company)

I miss you TRiPPY!!! (in a sort of forum member missing the admin sorta way XD) the site just isen't the same without everyone....
XD but we might have a surprise for ya'll on Reala day!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Working on skin right now... *hits things with spanners*

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Programming, sciences and arts.
Hey. What is that NJOD Tittle up there? Cool. :D
I can't wait for the theme!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Now in sexy shiny gold vintage flavor, enjoy! :D

Jof, if you can figure out the STUPID amount of confusing css that IPB uses (I'll give you control panel access so you can see the horror) you're more than welcome to try making the forum some skins :) You do wonderful journal css, so I'd love to see what NiGHTsy malarky you can get up to here. (Has to run on version 2.3.6 tho)

Now i need to find a dark skin...

EDIT- Oooh! Did anyone notice we have about me pages in our profile now?

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Whoa. Well done Trippy. Looks awesome :)

There's a problem. It burns to login and enter the topics. :D

Look:

Posted Image

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
o_O that's... odd. Is anyone else getting this problem?

EDIT- I tried to copy this problem on 2 different PC's both using Firefox and IE (both different screen sizes too). But it auto resizes on both our PC's so nothing is cut off.
If anyone else is having the same issue let me know so i can try figure out what's up.

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Well. I think it's because of the image you put above. Let me show you why:

Posted Image

It's possible to fix the position?

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Mmmm...sexy shiny gold!

I'm not getting the problem that Bosco is getting. I tried in Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 and they both look fine.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The image is centered using the center tags. It always stays in the middle nomatter what you do (or what screen size you use). So I'm not sure why its not resizing on your screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users