Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jackle's Card(s)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
It didn't seem fit to add this to the NiD PS2 thread since this is stuff is from the original Saturn Disc, not the PS2 one, so here it is.

I can't understand code so I went about using an emulator to pull images off for me. The only problem with that method is the images come in tiny little pieces I try to piece together. I have to play through the game and pause it every once in a while to pull stuff off since it can only take stuff that is seen on screen at that very moment.

Anyhow, below is what I found most interesting, including Jackle's cards and what I dub his "seal." it's much scarier then Realas. lol

Enjoy!

Posted Image
(There is only one design for all the cards)
Posted Image
Pure Awesome!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Above is the design on the platform Wizeman stands on)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More at my Photobucket Album

(I'll continue to upload anything I find cool into that album) If you want, I can try to get something specific.

Edit: I have a save state for when Puffy's doors open and that thing falls. The save state is after I've defeated her but you can see the fallen thing through the open door... I don't know how much help it can be but maybe I can find out what the heck that thing really is.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
These are really nice! Thanks for all your efforts Maresuke!!! ^_^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woah what.. coool..

Photobucket link no worky x..x

edit: ah, thanks

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Woah what.. coool..

Photobucket link no worky x..x

Sorry, I fixed it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wicked!! So, all of Jackles cards are the same then? It looks like a scythe, which 'Death' carries. According to what Sonic Team said about Jackle back in the day, he was meant to represent death anyway so this card image adds up to that statement. However, the character in the card looks like the Chariot ...so i dunno what that's about.

Great work, Mary. After so many years of people wondering what was on those cards we finally have an answer. Cheers ^_^

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Whoa! That's awesome, Maresuke! I love these pictures.
So, Jackle has a full deck of the same card? ^_^

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Whoa! That's awesome, Maresuke! I love these pictures.
So, Jackle has a full deck of the same card? ^_^

So far I've noticed they've all been the same card. However it makes me curious if there were supposed to be others since in the ending graphics Jackle has a different card what looks like a jack-o-lantern in a cape over a desert.

Posted Image

On a different note, I saw some designs in soft museum and I THINK they're the Super Pian's castle. What do you guys think?

Posted Image
(top Left is the designs, right of it is a screen shot)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Awesome work finding this!

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Cool stuff Maresuke! Thanks for grabbing these images!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Jackle's cards have an exocutioner...perhaps that's what the Japanese site was talking about when they mentioned a "Bringer of Death" or some such thing...

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Cool stuff Maresuke! Thanks for grabbing these images!

It's fun, when things work out right. But what you do is much better then what I've done.

Jackle's cards have an exocutioner...perhaps that's what the Japanese site was talking about when they mentioned a "Bringer of Death" or some such thing...

I think it's amusing hes riding a chariot. It's like they tried to mix both together for a duel meaning.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
It is also perhaps noting that all the Prince cards ride chariots (not just Trump VII, although that could be considered a Prince in the element of spirit/quintessence). Also the triangle on the lower left side is the symbol of fire. Princes represent air manifested through the element of their suit. So both masculine elements are represented.

I'm unsure if there is any intended significance to that image though. Japanese things have a tendancy to throw a bunch of Western occult symbolism together just to make things look cool.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm so happy that we're finally able to see Jackles cards properly! I remember sitting trying to take flat screencaps years ago for DB. It's amazing how years... YEARS later there are still things that surprise us and get our attention! This is exciting! ^-^ Thankyou for taking all that time to piece things together and save them one by one. Greatness d00d.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Nemoide, that's really interesting. Thanks for the info! I thought there might be writing on there, like Wizeman's ring-thing...

However, noticed something cool about Twin Seeds level. Two of the 4 balloons are Dream levels. The red one and yellow ones LOOK like other dreams but nothing I see in the game... One looks like a volcano and the other looks.... well you decide...

Posted Image
(Soft Museum)
Posted Image
(Spring Valley)
Posted Image
(Volcano?)
Posted Image
(???)

Anyone see this in the PS2 game as well? It's be interesting if they kept them the same.

Edit: I'm sure I could get the ending credit pictures if the emulator I'm using wouldn't freeze after a movie was played (aka ending movies for Claris & Elliot) ... now if only I could bypass them somehow....

Edit 2: Thanks for moving this Topic. I wasn't sure at first but I'm glad it's been moved properly.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
That's a cool find with the balloons! I'll try and take a look at the PS2 version and see if they kept that.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
The whole time I imagined the cards had some kind of weird pumpkinish claw stretching looking design... but now that I know what it is I feel completely satistifed. Thank you!

Edit: The mural in soft museum is a picture of the super pian's floating castle. I posted a picture about it quite some time ago.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The volcano could be Stick Canyon couldn't it? It's the closest thing to it anyway. The yellow baffles me UNLESS it is of a level yet they simply changed the hue to yellow to give more colour variety to the balloons in Twin Seeds.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
That's great! I never noticed there were pictures on those balloons :lol:

dor

dor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
WOW so many new images i never seen, great work!
btw look at that, there's a reala vote button in Hebrew in this gallery
http://smg.photobuck...t=VOTERPHBG.jpg

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
I find Wizeman's platform pretty interesting =3 it looks like a pitcograph or the greek version of stone relief hieroglyphics *total history dork XD* o_o must stare.. and make interpretation!! .... it probably means nothing since like someone said, the japanese love throwing western stuff together XD, but it'd be awesome if it did o.o.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I'm curious to see what those scribbles are on that card so I used a filter called Blow Up to inlarge the image.

Posted Image

Also inlarged this one since it's hard to find a good clear image of it.

Posted Image

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

The volcano could be Stick Canyon couldn't it? It's the closest thing to it anyway. The yellow baffles me UNLESS it is of a level yet they simply changed the hue to yellow to give more colour variety to the balloons in Twin Seeds.

I thought the Yellow could be either Stick Canyon with the color changed and image very warped or it could be mystic forest. Only problem is Mystic forest has no clouds, so I kind of doubtful of that one. Red one I doubt i'st Sick Canyon because it doesn't have mountains like that... only extreme plateaus. I think it MIGHT be a warped splash garden due to the type of mountain it is... that's my best guess.

WOW so many new images i never seen, great work!
btw look at that, there's a reala vote button in Hebrew in this gallery

You like that? lol That was a part of something else... I'm glad someone can read it. Thanks.

I find Wizeman's platform pretty interesting =3 it looks like a pitcograph or the greek version of stone relief hieroglyphics *total history dork XD* o_o must stare.. and make interpretation!! .... it probably means nothing since like someone said, the japanese love throwing western stuff together XD, but it'd be awesome if it did o.o.

I think it's not just thrown in but I also don't think it was thought on TOO hard. I believe Wizeman resembles Greek/Roman Gods. He's defiantly based after them. Without a doubt!

I'm curious to see what those scribbles are on that card so I used a filter called Blow Up to inlarge the image.

Also inlarged this one since it's hard to find a good clear image of it.

I was trying to make those out as well. I'm still working on trying to find out if there are any others, though I'm almost positive now there is only that one.
The Reala one is the same exact size as the one I posted. lol Did you accidentally load the wrong one?

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted Image
(Soft Museum)
Posted Image
(Spring Valley)
Posted Image
(Volcano?)
Posted Image
(???)

Anyone see this in the PS2 game as well? It's be interesting if they kept them the same.

Here is what the balloons look like in the PS2 version. I believe they are basically the same.

PS2 "Brand New Dream"

Posted Image

PS2 "Sega Saturn Dream"

Posted Image

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Actually...upon looking at the clearer PS2 NiGHTS Red Balloon, it looks more like Frozen Bell now with the hue altered. I'm thinking the Red Balloon is Frozen Bell. The yellow one still baffles me though.

dor

dor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

You like that? lol That was a part of something else... I'm glad someone can read it. Thanks.

yes i know, it was from the election for who's the real reala between CORNSiLK and Maresuke on youtube
i love those videos :(

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Jeez.. yeah, I'm stumped too with those second two balloons. I even just ran through Twin Seeds to see if looking at them in-game could somehow help. Nope. :D

I never even noticed that two of them represented Soft Museum and Spring Valley..

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

I never even noticed that two of them represented Soft Museum and Spring Valley..

Me neither.

The red one as Frozen Bell makes sense. To guess at the yellow, I would say that the yellow one might be Splash Garden? It's certainly not clear whatever it is supposed to be.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I'm going to ask a very stupid question...

Does anyone know if the Movies in NiD can be skipped? (I don't think so but I'm curious if maybe I'm missing something??) I need to find a way to skip the ending movies... @_____@

EDIT: I think the yellow one might be Frozen Bell, guys. Check this out:
Posted Image
I inverted it and flipped it horizontal. Looks pretty close to me. However, the red one is a mystery. No mountains anywhere look like this thing, including Wizeman's battle BGs. Nothing looks like the mountains in the red balloon and I'm baffled by it!!

EDIT 2: Gulpo's BG is fishy!
Posted Image
Who would have guessed? I'm more interested in the landscape in one of the reflections...

Edit 3: updated Photobucket album with more random crap like some Boss BGs, 2 player pic, and.... Puffy's toilet seat! WHOO HOO! PUFFY IS HOUSE BROKEN!
Posted Image

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
mes apologies, but i feel the urge to steal the reala symbol and use it as my picture!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Due to my computer being totally infected with Vundo viruses and the like... I'm forced to put aside this project for a bit... I'm sorry.

I have some saved pics... I'll put together what I have and upload them asap.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Wow, Reala's emblem iis pretty complex. Things I have noticed-

- Two hands holding the cresent moon

- 12 dots of light

- Three claws on each hand

- the arms wrap around behing Reala

- The crescent faces the opposite direction than in pictures of NiGHTS in front of the moon

- There are odd markings on the hands. Perhaps those of us who can read Japanese can decipher it, although it appears to be exclusively decorative. Could it, per chance, be a recurring motif in the game?

- The claws do not appear to be those belonging to Reala.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

- Three claws on each hand

- the arms wrap around behing Reala

- The crescent faces the opposite direction than in pictures of NiGHTS in front of the moon

- There are odd markings on the hands. Perhaps those of us who can read Japanese can decipher it, although it appears to be exclusively decorative. Could it, per chance, be a recurring motif in the game?

- The claws do not appear to be those belonging to Reala.

I never thought those as claws or hands. I thought it was the tail ends of the ribbon, like rewards have.

WHAT markings are you referencing?

EDIT (01/15/09): I still got virus problems so the program I'm using is soooo slow but I found the US NiGHTS (I was using my Jap Import) and I tried some save state sin an emulator (For the heck of it) and the menus and Puffy loads fine but when it gets to the levels (And Wizeman Boss) it appears the files can't be found... Sounds dumb but I thought the discs were practically identical... I suppose I'm wrong. I pu tin my Jap CD and it works FINE but the US one it has issues reading the save states I made with my Jap CD.

Interesting to me, but probably common knowledge to real hackers. lol

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

WHAT markings are you referencing?

Check out Kichigai's enlarged image. There are patterns and such on the arm/claw/hand/ribbon/whatever things.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Check out Kichigai's enlarged image. There are patterns and such on the arm/claw/hand/ribbon/whatever things.

I see that. I didn't think they meant anything besides decoration... but I could me wrong.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Hmmmmm...(thinks for once)

Maybe the Red Balloon was supposed to be an End-of-the-World Boss Area, like Selph's Boss Arena.

As for the Reala pic, I did a bit of calculation on Kichigai's enlarge and the 'arms/hands' appear to be part of the ribbon's fold.

The Yellow Balloon DOES seem to be part of an inverted Frozen Bell, the Blue one has me stumped, and I THINK the Green-and-Blue one might be Spring Valley.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Hmmmmm...(thinks for once)

Maybe the Red Balloon was supposed to be an End-of-the-World Boss Area, like Selph's Boss Arena.

As for the Reala pic, I did a bit of calculation on Kichigai's enlarge and the 'arms/hands' appear to be part of the ribbon's fold.

The Yellow Balloon DOES seem to be part of an inverted Frozen Bell, the Blue one has me stumped, and I THINK the Green-and-Blue one might be Spring Valley.

It's clear the blue one is spring valley and the green and yellow one is soft museum. No Doubt in my mind the green and yellow one is soft museum. lol It's soo obvious.

As for Selph, eh. I never heard of a "End-of-the-World" thing, so I'm still looking.

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^

On a different note, I saw some designs in soft museum and I THINK they're the Super Pian's castle. What do you guys think?

Posted Image
(top Left is the designs, right of it is a screen shot)

Very nice job, yes it is :

Posted Image

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
Awesome finds. :3

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I knew that. They still look like arms wrapped around Reala to me. Ergo-

- the arms wrap around behind Reala

I think we should focus on the lights and moon. Is 12 a significan number in dream psychology?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
The months of the year maybe? You might be able to find some sort of meaning for them but it was almost certainly unintentional. Dream analysis doesn't have solid rules like "12 = evil" or anything. And I doubt the developers had numerology on their minds.

I also think the ribbon-things look like arms. The markings remind me of sleeves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users