Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Alright, I've converted them to mp3:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OALJJ9R1
There are audio files for every cutscene, 75 in total. It's quite a big file.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
allrighty then, once again thanks a lot Kentilan, yer the best

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
WOW! :P

Thank you so much! When ever do you find the time?!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
[deleted]

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh wow! These are great : D *happy spazz*

It's so awesome to know that JoD can still have stuff hidden away.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Woooaaah! Great work, again!

I'm thinking that the merging animation with Helen and NiGHTS certainly seems very similar to how they would dualize in NiGHTS into Dreams.
Remember when i mentioned ages ago that during development they wanted to include NiGHTS' old costume for when you switched to the Elliot or Claris skins but they had to remove the costume because the game would crash when you tried to merge? Well, perhaps that animation might have something to do with it also. Just a theory, anyway.
I wonder, does Will have anything similar to this? I know you'd have posted it if there was but i figured i should ask.
If there is only one for Helen then that could mean they didn't have enough time to develop the animation properly for both characters so decided to drop it all together.
Kinda sad that this much was removed from the game.

Also, NiGHTS with his arms open looks really quite unsettling, lol. I think it's got something to do with the positioning of his legs XD

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
[deleted]

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, sorry. I kinda skim read your post. I should have read it properly ^^;

If it's the animation that plays when you complete a lap then perhaps they removed it because it takes up too much time and/or breaks the flow of heading into the next lap and after the next Goodle. Such a shame. I always thought the dualize animation in JoD was a bit of a cop-out. The old NiD method looked so much nicer *sigh*.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Posted Image

I recognize this pose. I see NiGHTS doing that sometimes, when I force him to suddenly fly down from a straight angle flight. I gotta see if I can't make him do that again...

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Ah, ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to check that as well.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
when it comes to hacking my favorite parts are the "unused-for-only-god-knows-why-reason" c:

I would love to see those animations from the mdlviewer, could you uloap them Kantilan yes? :)

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
Is there any way you can actually swap models? Are there any Ocarina or Wiird codes?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

hel_push_bar.brcha. This is one of the rare animations that Helen has but not Will. It may not be easy to see on the picture, but Helen is walking forward while pushing something (a bar, apparently). Maybe I just forgot, but I don't remember anything like that in the game.

Posted Image

Maybe she was supposed to do that when she pushed the sundials in Memory Forest.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS

Ah, ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to check that as well.

I suggest trying it out when your fighting Reala or at Jewel Mountain. That's where he did that move the most for me.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

I always thought the dualize animation in JoD was a bit of a cop-out. The old NiD method looked so much nicer *sigh*.

There was a dualize animation in NiD? I thought you just had the screen flashing and NiGHTS spinning. Unless you're talking about something else ^^;

when it comes to hacking my favorite parts are the "unused-for-only-god-knows-why-reason" c:

I would love to see those animations from the mdlviewer, could you uloap them Kantilan yes? :lol:

Sure, but I'll have to do that later. I'm a bit busy right now.

Is there any way you can actually swap models? Are there any Ocarina or Wiird codes?

No idea. I don't know anything about codes like these. Which models do you want to swap anyway?

Maybe she was supposed to do that when she pushed the sundials in Memory Forest.

I think you're right. In that case, it's probably a good thing that they removed it.

I suggest trying it out when your fighting Reala or at Jewel Mountain. That's where he did that move the most for me.

Thanks. I tried during Jewel Fever, apparently he does that when you go down while you were flying to the right.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
lol it's always great to have wizeman laughing shouting and dying in your ears while watching eurovision and eating your tea :lol:

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things

No idea. I don't know anything about codes like these. Which models do you want to swap anyway?

Maybe NiGHTS and Reala?
They both can use each other's animations as shown in your model viewer. Sorry if i'm sounding picky.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh man, so that means they did want that spinning dualize animation in there, eh? Too little time, no doubt.. #$%$^(@$!*

Epic find..

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
oh well, I understand if you're busy, no hurries :lol:

once again I wonder why SEGA removed all that epic stuff?...and still they left all that data remaining inside the disk
findinf about all these thins, you lady Kentilan has won the internetz

incomplete game is incomplete

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I haven't been to this thread in ages. However this download made my day. Also I'm so glad to see the "Get Key" Animations were planned. They look like they did try to bring original NiGHTS stuff into this game. Shame it wasn't kept in. I want to fire someone in Sega. lol

P.S. I don't understand the very first clip. Also, I wish they had replaced "I Will Banish You" clip when you play the game with one of the other ones.... like KNEEL BEFORE ME" I love all his laughing. I need to make a Wizeman Theme now.... He is my fav char in JOD after all...

About the flame thing, I think he shoots off rockets, right? (Or was that only in the original? *Forgetful*)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
In the first of Wizeman's clips, I think he says "look into the maelstrom". I read that in the comments of a Youtube video.
PS: I think you've quoted the wrong post.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Quoting wrong posts has been a common thing for me for a while. Sorry.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

There was a dualize animation in NiD? I thought you just had the screen flashing and NiGHTS spinning.

I presume you mean JoD and not NiD, lol.
Yeah, that's pretty much what i meant, the bright flash. I guess it's not even an animation but rather a visual effect. Still, a cop-out none the less.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
No, I meant NiD. I've just replayed the game to check, and when you enter the Ideya Palace for the first time, you have just a flash. Not much better than JoD if you ask me :P

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
[deleted]

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Interesting. I'm now tempted to draw fanart of NiGHTS's unused sitting pose! :P

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

nights_idle_jail_b.brcha. NiGHTS has two idle animation when he's inside the NiGHTS Capture, but apparently only the first one (when he's flying) is used. Even though you can see this pose on some of the screenshots in the game, I never managed to make it happen.

Posted Image

pffffft, that one's so funny xD NiGHTS' all like "Im waaaaaiiitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing c:<" it would be funny to leave him inside the cage just to watch him doing that :P

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
These are absolutely fantastic Kentilan. One of these days us NiGHTS fans will make a JoD game like it was supposed to be made : P

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting

But there are more. This one is called nights_key_get.brcha:
Posted Image

Did anyone else think of Legend of Zelda when the saw this? *Da-Da-Da-DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!* "NiGHTS got a key!"
(you knew it was gonna happen eventually)

Theres something about looking at thouse charecter stills thats oddly...... beautiful. I especally love that pose of NiGHTS and Helen spinning. Thats love right there :blink: thanks again for your work!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Did anyone else think of Legend of Zelda when the saw this? *Da-Da-Da-DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!* "NiGHTS got a key!"
(you knew it was gonna happen eventually)

Theres something about looking at thouse charecter stills thats oddly...... beautiful. I especally love that pose of NiGHTS and Helen spinning. Thats love right there :P thanks again for your work!

Now I can't get that image out of my head!

The stills are beautiful. If only I had a table near me, I'd draw something.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
[deleted]

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
OMGYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS *shot*

Kentilan I dunno how do you do it but tis is pure win *abuses mdl viewer*
NiGHTS look like he's eating the childs at the dualize animation lol

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
That's so cool! They should've used that key_use animation. :unsure: NiGHTS does a funky little inflating thing in the middle of the dualize spin, and when he gets the key. Why is that?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I don't really know, but I've noticed that when I play some animations in my viewer, NiGHTS get distorted much more than he does in the game. It's like they first wanted him to be all distortable and rubbery, then changed their minds and added some kind of limitation elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just reading the animations incorrectly.

chrrox

chrrox

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I am new here and I just want to take the time to thank you for this great program.
your program can also open most mdl0 models from other wii games :)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

I don't really know, but I've noticed that when I play some animations in my viewer, NiGHTS get distorted much more than he does in the game. It's like they first wanted him to be all distortable and rubbery, then changed their minds and added some kind of limitation elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just reading the animations incorrectly.

Hmm, it does make sense that they'd tried to make him rubbery, since he was pretty elastic in NiD. I guess they decided it'd look too weird for a modern game, 'cause these days the emphasis is on realism when it comes to animation and graphics.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Today, just for fun, I temporarily added some height-measuring function to the model viewer. That was interesting. I assume one unit in the model equals 10 cm. In that case, NiGHTS's height is about 148.5 cm (not counting the horns), and Reala's is 149.5 cm. For the kids that's less precise because I don't know how thick their soles are, but the heights are about 152 cm for Will & Elliot, 147 cm for Claris and 144 cm for Helen. And Wizeman's height is about 21 m (not counting the horns), that's more than I thought. And an Ideya's diameter is exactly 1 m, though they seem to change size during the game.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

NiGHTS's height is about 148.5 cm

for real? well that means Im way taller than him/her, for some reason in fanbase NiGHTS is considered to be tall as adult human, when s/he's not even taller than a 16 years old teenager xD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Today, just for fun, I temporarily added some height-measuring function to the model viewer. That was interesting. I assume one unit in the model equals 10 cm. In that case, NiGHTS's height is about 148.5 cm (not counting the horns), and Reala's is 149.5 cm. For the kids that's less precise because I don't know how thick their soles are, but the heights are about 152 cm for Will & Elliot, 147 cm for Claris and 144 cm for Helen. And Wizeman's height is about 21 m (not counting the horns), that's more than I thought. And an Ideya's diameter is exactly 1 m, though they seem to change size during the game.

It's so cool when things are discovered that can make NiGHTS a bit more real.

- NiGHTS is little! I still picture him as about two metres/six feet.

- "I don't know how thick their soles are." What a lovely metaphor. :)

- Wizey's 21 metres tall?! That's like...over 10 times my height. :D

- I always thought that the idea's diametre would be about 5 cm, not a metre. I'm surprised that they're that big!

My question- do you suppose that things in the Night Dimension can change shape at will? As said above, ideya can change size, and I can totally imagine Reala gowing to be huge just to scare NiGHTS.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Yeah, NiGHTS is quite small. In the game he has the same size as the kids, and they're only 12 years old, so...

In some cutscenes, the Ideya are really big; look at this for example. But other times they just appear as a glow in the hand.

- "I don't know how thick their soles are." What a lovely metaphor. :)

What? That wasn't a metaphor :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users