Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Haha! It's so funny to see the backside of the town. This is very cool, to look at the buildings and say, "Oh, I recognize this one from # lap of the stage." I even spotted a floating building. Thanks, Kentilan!

-bret-

-bret-

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
CHECKITOUT

Posted Image

On a somewhat unrelated note, these are pretty bad. Even for Wii. It may not be the most graphically powerful of consoles, but I've seen far better on the system. So it's no excuse.

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Programming, sciences and arts.
I have two questions:

1. I've always wondered something. Could actually Nights Journey Of Dreams Run on a Computer If the game would have been available for pc?

I think. It should be possible with a certain draw distance of the polygons. But it doesn't feel the same Playing a Nights game with a keyboard.

2. The Bellbridge model was really fun to explore. Is possible to take the other levels from the game disc? And upload them?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
1. I'm not sure, but I think computers nowadays are much more powerful than the Wii. If they can port PS3 and XBox360 games to PC, they should be able to port Wii games as well. Except for the motion sensing, but they could discard it or replace it by the mouse for example.

2. Yes, it should be possible to extract all the levels, including the boss levels. However it will take some time because they are split into several pieces and I need to put everything together.
Moreover, for now I have to discard all the transparent stuff such as water, since I'm still trying to figure out how transparency is implemented.

But if there's a particular level you'd like to see, just tell me and I will try to upload it as soon as possible.

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
It's hard to decide. Well a level i would like to see is Pure Valley.
:) Take your time. And thanks for answering my questions. Also i think that a wii is like a gamecube but with a bit of more graphical power or another addons.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Alright, here's Pure Valley!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFJUY0OW
(it includes a new version of the ktl viewer, v 1.1, which is necessary to view the model properly).
Note that the textures will not appear exactly as they appear in the game, for a number of reasons. And the colors tend to make the model rather dark in my opinion...

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Oh this is awesome. :wub: Thanks Kentilan! I really don't know how to say thanks. This is awesome!

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Kenti, are you building these from the scene files or manually putting them together?

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Alright, here's Pure Valley!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFJUY0OW
(it includes a new version of the ktl viewer, v 1.1, which is necessary to view the model properly).
Note that the textures will not appear exactly as they appear in the game, for a number of reasons. And the colors tend to make the model rather dark in my opinion...

Wow! That is just amazing Kentilan! Nice work. I can't wait to see the other levels! :) :)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Kenti, are you building these from the scene files or manually putting them together?

I merge the files with a merging program I made. I'm not sure what you mean by scene files; if you're talking about .brsca/SCN0 files, I think those are only for stuff like lighting and cameras, not the building of levels. I don't know where the level-building data is stored, actually.

Anyway, Aqua Garden should be ready tomorrow. If there's a level you want in particular after that, just ask.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
One thing is troubling me. In Bellbrige, there's a green elevated rail track, but I can't seem to find that on the model. Is it there?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
No, it's not in the model I uploaded. When I made that Bellbridge model, I was only trying to get the whole tower, since it was requested, so I left the rails out. But I will upload a more complete Bellbridge next time if you want.

EDIT: Here's Aqua Garden. Note that I included the model viewer again, but it's the same version than last time.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
Posted Image

every time wizeman is in a bad mood, a pian dies, and another dreamscape goes apocalyptic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Tha would be lovely Kential, thank you!

And wow, from Dreamer#96's angle, that looks a tad bit like an apocalyptic Mount Olympus, lol. :)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Here's a new Bellbridge, this time with rails and trains:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69ETDMCY

lol,aqua garden at night :)

Yeah, it's pretty dark. I'm probably doing something wrong with the colors =p

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Here's a new Bellbridge, this time with rails and trains:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69ETDMCY

Yeah, it's pretty dark. I'm probably doing something wrong with the colors =p

Thank you!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Here's Memory Forest.

Navigation can be quite difficult, because of the ceiling and all the trees in the way. Note that if you disable the "Internal Faces" option, you can see through the ceiling and the skybox when you look from above.
Textures may look strange sometimes. That's because levels often use several textures blended together, but my program only displays one texture on each face, so I had to choose one.
I included a new version of the model viewer (don't use an older version or the model will not be displayed properly). This version also includes an option to make colors lighter.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Queen Bella's level
It is certainly weirder than I remembered... (that thing was a music box?)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Queen Bella's level
It is certainly weirder than I remembered... (that thing was a music box?)

It certainly is surreal, but it explains alot. First, we now know why the Pian's music boxes look so odd- they're the houses in Bella's stage! Also, Memory Forest had alot to do with Helen's dreams of preforming her music, and a broken music box is like destroying Helen's musical ability.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

It certainly is surreal, but it explains alot. First, we now know why the Pian's music boxes look so odd- they're the houses in Bella's stage! Also, Memory Forest had alot to do with Helen's dreams of preforming her music, and a broken music box is like destroying Helen's musical ability.

Finally, the final boss item is revealed !

The Cards from Chamelon
The Doghouse from Cerebus
The Circus cage from Donbalon
The Candlestand from Girantia
The Cauldron from Bomamba
and now the Music Box from Queen Bella.

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Wow. I like to look around those levels. And now i've been asking myself. Why doesn't sega release a PC version? Many people has PC's nowdays. Sega has been becoming evil these days... Evil. Evil! EVIL! EEEVVVVIIIIL!!!!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Wow, that's deep.
And I didn't notice before that the Pian's music boxes were shaped like houses... that's creepy.
Also, is it just me or do the houses have eyes?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Wow, that's deep.
And I didn't notice before that the Pian's music boxes were shaped like houses... that's creepy.
Also, is it just me or do the houses have eyes?

I don't know if we're both talking about the same thing, but they just looked like round windows to me. Houses with eyes sounds really cool, though!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Well, I'm talking about these:
Posted Image
They look awfully like eyes to me... Scary...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I love everything that's been posted here, but unfortunately my Mac computer doesn't have any capability to download things so I've been attempting to download things only to be met with bitter disappointment.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Well, I'm talking about these:
Posted Image
They look awfully like eyes to me... Scary...

:(

The angle you have it at makes the little windows beneath it look like teeth, and the triangular markings below the eyes look like clown make up.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
The Dream Gate.
Note that this model is much bigger than the previous ones, so the program runs pretty slowly on my computer... I'll see if I can change that.
Also, I didn't use the grass texture for the same reasons as before, so the forest ground has a rock texture instead. Maybe I should actually try to implement texture blending.

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
*raise hand* by the way.... I think the icon under the bubbles it two arms, the hands clasping each other. Some kind of partner thing, maybe?

*late*

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
This was already mentioned, actually (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>). But you're right. I think that icon was meant for Broadway Guide.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I just thought of something...The beginning of Queen Bella's boss music during her first fight, when the chimey notes are slowing down? They could be the giant music box grinding out its last notes.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I just thought of something...The beginning of Queen Bella's boss music during her first fight, when the chimey notes are slowing down? They could be the giant music box grinding out its last notes.

...And who says JoD has no depth?!

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I love everything that's been posted here, but unfortunately my Mac computer doesn't have any capability to download things so I've been attempting to download things only to be met with bitter disappointment.

YAY! I'm not alone!

I feel so sad though that I can't play with the animation stuff. :( But thanks a whole lot Kentilan and everyone else who uloaded the cutscene scrpits, pictures, etc.! They make me so happy!

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I wonder why nobody else has been commenting on this tipic, its so interesting, I tested the animation program and I have so much fun mixing textures with animations ( NiGHTS + Reala textures = WTH? )

well Im a little curious Kentilan, it is possible to extratc the models of NiGHTS ' dolphin, rocket and dragon personas? it would be interesting to check on their details, since its too hard to see in the game... pleeease? *shot*

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Sure... You can download them here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7DUH716
It includes both the Persona masks alone and the transformations.
Note that with the masks alone, the "Auto Load" function will not work completely (I still have to rewrite it...). Instead, select 'Load Single Texture' -> "cmn_d_prsnmask_nc.brtex".

And I'm glad you're having fun with the program :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
kentilan, you're brilliant! :)

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
yay! thanks a lot Kentilan, Im been searching for these for a long time, you're amazing :)

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
[deleted]

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
note to myself: never listen to Wizeman's voice just before going to bed D8>

oh Kentilan that's amazing, I wish I could know a bit about how to hack, Im trying to hack a game by myself but it seems impossible to me *emo*

oh well, one last question, is there a possibility to listen to NiGHTS' voice clips as well? thanks a lot

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I think NiGHTS doesn't have individual voice clips... However for each cutscene there's an audio file that includes the dialogues and the background music. I could upload these if you want, but there's a lot of them. If you have the Winamp plugin to read adx, I could upload directly the adx files, else I'll have to convert them all to mp3...

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
well, actually I do have a program that converts adx files into mp3 files, but it looks like it doesn't work for some adx files, if its not too much asking you could please convert'em all into mp3? if not, you can upload the adx files directly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users