Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Damn, this is fun X3 It's so cool to see Claris and Elliots models! Also THANKYOU for fixing Reala! <3

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUW0HQBB" target="_blank">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUW0HQBB</a>
New version (with new sample models). Now it should load all models properly.
However, the auto texture loading doesn't always work, and some textures are not loaded. But aside from that (and the fact that it still doesn't handle transparency), it should work fine.
Also, I've modified Reala's model and removed his mask (it's in the sample models).
Enjoy :lol:

Great work Kentilan!

Any chance someone could post a mirror of this at another site ? Megaupload/Meagvideo keeps flashing me download limits exceeded, due to the way the network on my Halls is handled.

You can download it here if you still need it.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Thank you Charlie :lol:

This thing is so much fun.

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
so sorry i haven't been back on this topic for a while. first, sorry about messing your name up Kentilan. (i'll prolly do it sometime in the future, 'cuz I suck like that.) also, second, didn't quite realize the site already had that. thanks for getting those, though. i really appriciate it.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
the samples are cool,some of the models *mostly owl, helen, and will* have texture trouble,the anti-mask reala is cool :lol:

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Reala has BLUE LIPS! It's hard to see in-game but they're def BLUE!

Thanks so much this is soooo fun! haha! I agree with TRiPPY, these models are nice to see. Thanks so much for sharing.

P.S. Anyway We can see a hand of Wizeman?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

the samples are cool,some of the models *mostly owl, helen, and will* have texture trouble

Yeah I know :lol: maybe I'll try to edit the models and correct that later.

Reala has BLUE LIPS! It's hard to see in-game but they're def BLUE!

Wow, you're right, I've never noticed it before!

P.S. Anyway We can see a hand of Wizeman?

Sure: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7YE3VQ6

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
THANK YOU! I'm a very happy Wizeman fan now. HO HO HO

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i can't see this stuff! :'( can someone please take screenshots of the models and put them here so i can see? particularly this no persona'd reala :lol:

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

i can't see this stuff! :'( can someone please take screenshots of the models and put them here so i can see? particularly this no persona'd reala :lol:

Why can't you see it? anyhow ----> Maskless Reala

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Checkin' out his bling, yo! :o

He looks so much better without the mask. I'm still not diggin' the bats though. Too gawf for me, mate.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
eeee! :o thank you maresuke!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Checkin' out his bling, yo! :o

He looks so much better without the mask. I'm still not diggin' the bats though. Too gawf for me, mate.

I wish I could mess with the model a bit and beef him back up. He looks soooo deformed without the right amount of body mass. And maybe give him his freaking claws back... but mostly his scrawny lil arms look really dumb for his character. I can't believe they got away with that. It's like they TRIED to make him unattractive or something.

Ahem. Sorry. Rant is over. I'm still enjoying him maskless though!

eeee! :o thank you maresuke!

No problem.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

Now THATS the face i know and love :o:D:D

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The mysterious icon mentioned throughout page 1 looks like 'holding hands'.

If there are stages removed, maybe one was another 'lead Helen/Will' where this was meant to be the icon.

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of the cutscenes...I'll be back to do that later in the week. ^^

Some great finds amongst this stuff.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

The mysterious icon mentioned throughout page 1 looks like 'holding hands'.

If there are stages removed, maybe one was another 'lead Helen/Will' where this was meant to be the icon.

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of the cutscenes...I'll be back to do that later in the week. ^^

Some great finds amongst this stuff.

Oh, you're right, holding hands! I see it now.
As far as I know there wasn't any more "guide" level planned, however I think the platforming levels were supposed to have different icons.
If the maze was for Labyrinth Guide and the clock for Forest Adventure, then the "holding hands" icon was for Broadway Guide, and that leaves the "Helen" icon for Marine Escape.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

AND THE MASK COMES OFF!!! 8DDDD *madhappysquealingglomptackleclingofultimateglee* I AM THE HAPPIEST REEREE FAN IN THE WORLD!!!! ^------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

..... Overreaction much? XDDD *goes to staaaaaaaaaaaare* 83333

EDIT: And I think they might've chosen to lessen his beefcakeage because it's difficult to get the arms of something with arms so thick to fold properly. I do agree he's a tad too thin, though.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
So thaaaats what Ree looks like...my goodness...
Lol. lots of eyeliner. hes acually ....cuuute!. XD

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Oh god.... If it's ever possible I would so re-texture that Reala to his original look. D:

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
:lol:

Reala looks good without the mask, but he wears waaaaaaay too much make up, especially lipstick. Is Reala the next RuPaul?

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

:lol:

Reala looks good without the mask, but he wears waaaaaaay too much make up, especially lipstick. Is Reala the next RuPaul?

You guys have ONLY JUST noticed this?

Sofdec continues to be a pain... what on earth have they done to these files? *kicks hex workshop*

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Oh god.... If it's ever possible I would so re-texture that Reala to his original look. D:

That would be nice.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
maybe that's not make-up, maybe's it's his actual skin....don-don-don! :lol:

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Posted Image
Now it's playing animations ^^
Actually, there are a lot of things I need to correct or add. But assuming I manage to make it work, for the next release, is there any specific models or animations you'd like to see as samples?

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
hugeData\adx\event\sng_ev_EK1001.adx, event\EK1001\EK1001_ngt.brcha & EK1001_owl.brcha

Mostly for 2 very popular phrases XDDDD Which I'm sure people will be confused about now, but will realise what I mean when you release it. Don't ruin the surprise though.

EDIT: As it's quite large, I could upload the adx, and animation files seperately if you want, is it the brcha or the extracted chr0 file you use?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I'd like to see NiGHTS playing inviso Flute animation.
And I'm not sure but when I last saw the JOD Wizeman battle he doesn't move his hands at all,right? I know in NiD he does. He moved his bottom left hand (Turned it over) before he changed the scenery... is there anything like that in JOD?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

hugeData\adx\event\sng_ev_EK1001.adx, event\EK1001\EK1001_ngt.brcha & EK1001_owl.brcha

Mostly for 2 very popular phrases XDDDD Which I'm sure people will be confused about now, but will realise what I mean when you release it. Don't ruin the surprise though.

EDIT: As it's quite large, I could upload the adx, and animation files seperately if you want, is it the brcha or the extracted chr0 file you use?

I think I see what you mean, but then it should be EH1001 instead of EK1001...
And I use brcha files.

I'd like to see NiGHTS playing inviso Flute animation.
And I'm not sure but when I last saw the JOD Wizeman battle he doesn't move his hands at all,right? I know in NiD he does. He moved his bottom left hand (Turned it over) before he changed the scenery... is there anything like that in JOD?

Wizeman's hands have an animation for when he's hit and another for when he dies, plus the idle animation, but that's all.
I didn't know about that animation in NiD. That's interesting.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I think I see what you mean, but then it should be EH1001 instead of EK1001...
And I use brcha files.

Wizeman's hands have an animation for when he's hit and another for when he dies, plus the idle animation, but that's all.

Those lines don't appear in Helen's version of the story or that event. As I've pointed out, further character animations for cut scenes appear in the event\E(H|K)####\ folders matching the audio data. If you want further Wizeman animations try checking event 4000/4040 (
Spoiler
) and onwards. Seems animation files for Wizeman's hands are separate from his body.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

What can I say? I've been obsessed with the original all my life. ._.

If you want further Wizeman animations try checking event 4000/4040 (

Spoiler
) and onwards. Seems animation files for Wizeman's hands are separate from his body.

I'd LOVE to see all his hand animations but I wouldn't want to be greedy about it. You all probably think I'm weird wanting to see HANDS move. .... But, if you could add Helen and Will's Idle animations, that would be great. I think Claris and Elliot have the same animations, don't they? Since they act the same in the game... wouldn't the animations be the same for all 4? Anyhow, I liked how the girls waved at the screen. It's cute.

P.S. And when
Spoiler

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Those lines don't appear in Helen's version of the story or that event.

Well, it depends on which lines you're talking about. There's one particular line in that scene that only appears with Helen.

Seems animation files for Wizeman's hands are separate from his body.

Yeah, and there's one file per hand =p

But, if you could add Helen and Will's Idle animations, that would be great. I think Claris and Elliot have the same animations, don't they? Since they act the same in the game... wouldn't the animations be the same for all 4?

Helen and Will have separate animations, but Claris uses Helen's animations and Elliot uses Will's. However, so far it's not working well. When I try to load one of Helen's animations with Claris's model, it gets a bit distorted.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F181MWP

There it is. I hope everything will work.

A few things to note:

- I didn't include the models and textures that I've already uploaded

- When you load an animation, especially from a cutscene, the model may be translated and no longer visible, so you may have to rotate the camera to find it. Besides, when you play the animation, the model may stay sill for a while and/or suddenly teleport. That's because during cutscenes, the models are only animated when they appear on screen.

- Most characters have two models: one starting by "pl_", used for gameplay, and one starting by "ev_", used for cutscenes. In most cases, animations are exclusive to one of the two models. If the model doesn't move after you've loaded an animation, that means it's the wrong model.

- The samples include edited models for Will, Helen and Owl. Now the auto texture loading function should load all the textures.

- As I said previously, some distortion happen when you load one of Helen's or Will's animation with Claris's or Elliot's model. I tried to correct that by editing the models, but Elliot's eyes still look strange. I'll probably not be able to change that (unless I edit the animation, but then it will no longer be working with Will).

- With the exception of Owl, the character's mouths don't move during cutscene animations (I assume the mouth movements are in .brsha files, which may be vertex-based animations).

- I included this animation: ER1000_kev.brcha

Posted Image

It looks like a victory animation. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's used in the game. Broadway Guide and Bellbridge have no animation at the end, and you play as NiGHTS in every other level.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Awesome work Kentilan! I'm not sure about that animation either. It seems vaguely familiar but he seems to jump really high! I'll have to watch some of the cutscenes again to see if it shows up somewhere.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Ok, so I loaded Reala model.... with NiGHTS' animations.... and I can't stop cracking up! XD I notice his horns are cut off (prob due to NiGHTS' horns being animated and Reala's aren't) and his Gem is in a different position... however both Mask and Maskless models work and I'm crying and laughing while watching him pose with his hands on his hips, chained up, and playing the air-flute. I REALLY needed this after a day like today. Thanks so much, Kentilan. holy crap this is tooo amusing.

Posted Image

Wizeman's Right Hand's dying animation is.... upsetting....

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

It looks like a victory animation. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's used in the game. Broadway Guide and Bellbridge have no animation at the end, and you play as NiGHTS in every other level.

Kentilan, you are the greast thing before or since sliced bread. The animation looks like Helen's at the end of her platform missions, more or less.

Also, I'm pathetic. I have no idea how to get the veiwer to work. Is there a way to see Reala/NiGHTS/Wizeman/etc.? All I get is Will and Helen. Also, how do you put on multiple texture? Again, I can only see them for Will and Helen, and only one twxture at a time. Am I doing something wrong, or is it all intentional?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Also, I'm pathetic. I have no idea how to get the viewer to work. Is there a way to see Reala/NiGHTS/Wizeman/etc.? All I get is Will and Helen. Also, how do you put on multiple texture? Again, I can only see them for Will and Helen, and only one twxture at a time. Am I doing something wrong, or is it all intentional?

When you load a model do you use the auto load texture option? Also, You need to load Reala, Wizeman, and NiGHTS models, which were provided in the earlier uploads. (Older posts) The 'readme' File is really handy to read.

But now I feel dumb. I can't get Helen's textures to load right. They're still messed up all around her skirt. I guess I should have asked for Reala animation files so I could mess with ROLE reversal some more. lol ~CHILD GRABBING-NiGHTS EDiTION~

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Posted Image

rofl its april fools day all over again in JoD, <_<

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Awesome work Kentilan! I'm not sure about that animation either. It seems vaguely familiar but he seems to jump really high! I'll have to watch some of the cutscenes again to see if it shows up somewhere.

But I don't think this animation is from a cutscene, since each cutscene has its own directory...

Ok, so I loaded Reala model.... with NiGHTS' animations.... and I can't stop cracking up! XD I notice his horns are cut off (prob due to NiGHTS' horns being animated and Reala's aren't) and his Gem is in a different position... however both Mask and Maskless models work and I'm crying and laughing while watching him pose with his hands on his hips, chained up, and playing the air-flute. I REALLY needed this after a day like today. Thanks so much, Kentilan. holy crap this is tooo amusing.

Posted Image

You're welcome :P That picture is hilarious XD

But now I feel dumb. I can't get Helen's textures to load right. They're still messed up all around her skirt.

Normally you just have to select 'Options -> Internal Faces' to correct that.

To make things easier, I'll repost all the links of the previous uploads:
Version 1.0. Includes models of NiGHTS drill-dashing, chained NiGHTS and Wizeman's fake body.
Version 1.1. Includes models of all the main characters (except Wizeman).
Wizeman's hands
Version 1.2. Includes corrected models and some animations.
And, because Maresuke asked for it...
Reala's cutscenes animations

I should have included an option to center the model automatically, because doing it manually can be quite tedious <_<
(EDIT: Done. Now you can just press Enter to center the model.)

By the way, is anyone interested by facial animations? I think I've figured out the format, but implementing them won't be easy...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

But I don't think this animation is from a cutscene, since each cutscene has its own directory...

You're welcome :) That picture is hilarious XD

Normally you just have to select 'Options -> Internal Faces' to correct that.

To make things easier, I'll repost all the links of the previous uploads:
Version 1.0. Includes models of NiGHTS drill-dashing, chained NiGHTS and Wizeman's fake body.
Version 1.1. Includes models of all the main characters (except Wizeman).
Wizeman's hands
Version 1.2. Includes corrected models and some animations.
And, because Maresuke asked for it...
Reala's cutscenes animations

I should have included an option to center the model automatically, because doing it manually can be quite tedious <_<
(EDIT: Done. Now you can just press Enter to center the model.)

By the way, is anyone interested by facial animations? I think I've figured out the format, but implementing them won't be easy...

It still won't work. The only models, no matter which I download, are Helen, Will, Claris, Elliot, and Owl. The only textures are Will and Helen's, and auto load doesn't work.

Regardless, I'd love the facial animations.

And yes, I did realize that Reala had blue lips...poor chilly maren :angry:

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

It still won't work. The only models, no matter which I download, are Helen, Will, Claris, Elliot, and Owl. The only textures are Will and Helen's, and auto load doesn't work.

Sounds like you're just looking in the same folder each time. The sample models are different for every release. However, because all the versions of the program have the same name, the default folder when you start the program is always the same. The best thing to do is to put all the samples in the same folder and keep only the latest executable.
Unless you're saying that the other models don't appear when you load them, in which case something's wrong. Well, it's possible that the program doesn't work on some computers. But, are the animations working?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Sounds like you're just looking in the same folder each time. The sample models are different for every release. However, because all the versions of the program have the same name, the default folder when you start the program is always the same. The best thing to do is to put all the samples in the same folder and keep only the latest executable.
Unless you're saying that the other models don't appear when you load them, in which case something's wrong. Well, it's possible that the program doesn't work on some computers. But, are the animations working?

The animations won't appear! Thank you for bearing with my stupidity. <_<

EDIT: Could someone explain the difference between brtex, brcha, and brmdl, and how to open each? Brmdl is the model and Brcha is the animation, but what is brtex?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users