Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reala: replacement NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
This only applies to the original Saturn game BTW.
I don't know if other people have thought about/written this theory before but I only thought of it recently. I'm hoping to be the first person to put this forward because otherwise I must be way out of the loop.

Basically, when I first encountered Reala, I assumed he had some sort of past relationship with NiGHTS. They must have been brothers/partners or something like that. They at least knew each other. That is what is implied by surrounding media like comics or JoD.

But what if they didn't? So NiGHTS worked for Wizeman and then rebelled. But maybe there was no Reala before that. And NiGHTS leaving "team evil" made for a vacant position. So Wizeman creates a new Maren to replace NiGHTS. This time he wants to be sure it won't turn good so he makes it extra evil in both manner and appearance. Thus Reala is born. This explains why Reala looks so similar but also more evil than NiGHTS.
This would also give a bit of explanation as to why Reala says "There is no NiGHTS". Because there is no Maren called NiGHTS, only Reala.

I guess this makes Reala kind of like "Evila" from Space Channel 5?
So what do other folks think?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Good Concept!

I have always thought of Reala and NiGHTS as two halves of one whole, animas and animus, good and evil, etc. Using Jung's archetypes, this could make reala the "shadow." changing to be the "darkside" of anything. For example, if Mario dreamed of Reala, Reala would become Bowser. But that'h just my idea...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
ah, a very good theory indeed! it's weird to think that, given all of the fan art of them together :)

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
hmm... makes logical sense.
the game gives you no sense of when NiGHTS left Wizeman when compared to when NiGHTS was found by Claris and Elliot. it could have been a single night, or years. it also doesn't tell you how long it takes to make a Maren of NiGHTS callibur, so that plays in as well.
in short, it all boils down to the time the characters may or may not have had. which supports the theory, as well as the ever-famous "NiGHTS betrayed Wizeman, so Reala hates him for turning his back on Nightmare" theory. huzzah.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
*pops back up from a long absence* Your theory makes a lot of sense, and I agree with your points, though my own concept was that Reala and NiGHTS were meant to be one Maren when created, but Wizeman got cocky and the spell went awry, splitting them into the 'good' and 'evil' halves of the one Maren he meant to create. When NiGHTS left, Reala tried to forget him; to deny his existance at all. "No, NiGHTS never existed, it's always just been me." Hence, there is no NiGHTS.

Darkisis

Darkisis

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hmmmmm.... yeah I see what you mean, HOWEVER, I see two problems...

1. What Reala says might be jibberish or some other language. People fight over if it is, but no one's right yet.
2. The fact that Reala imprisoned NiGHTS for betraying Wizeman in the first place.

I don't wanna be a wet towel, seriously, but from what I've heard around here, that's the deal. This idea is new! I wish I could see details like that!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
1. Surely SOMEBODY has gotten it right. :P Besides, what he says really does not matter so much anyway.
2. Reala imprisoned NiGHTS in the first place? This is news to me! What country's manual says this? It certainly gets no mention in my American version. Also this does not matter because capturing NiGHTS could very well have been Reala's "test run".

This theory does not have too big an impact on things, really. It is just a possible explanation of Reala being so similar to NiGHTS.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Reala imprisoned NiGHTS in the first place? This is news to me! What country's manual says this? It certainly gets no mention in my American version.

Actually, that's from the old official japanese website. But there's a translation on NiD.com.

As for what Reala actually says, I already mentioned it in another topic.

That said, that's an interesting theory (though I think I've already heard it before...). It would explain while Reala looks more scary than NiGHTS. I always thought that was a bit strange if they had been created together.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
Ah yes, I actually have seen those. :o Geeze, my memory is not nearly as awesome as it should be! I guess this doesn't fit Japan's official story then...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users