Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dance Dance Revolution

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I've been a DDR fan for years. IMO it is the best rhythm game out there.
I figure there should be a thread about it.

Even though Guitar Hero and Rock Band have dwarfed it in popularity, are there any DDR players still out there? If so what are you favorite songs?
Mine are:
Dive
Kind Lady
Love Shine
Akumajo Dracula Medley

Especially Love Shine. ^_^

Also does anyone else have Ultramix 1, 2, or 3 for Xbox? And Xbox Live? Because if so, we should play together and this would be awesome.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I still play DDR a lot, it's very fun.

Probably my favorite songs are Stotic, Burning Heat, and Drop Out all on Heavy.
I always play at the arcade, since it's so much more fun, and I don't wanna buy a good metal pad on the internet.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Meheheh! I play DDR for exersise when it's too cold to go running or something. X3
My faves are:
Xepher
Rainbow Rainbow
Seduction
Red Zone
Love Shine
Candy
Super Samurai
Oooh yes. X3

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I am glad other folks still play!

I wish I could afford a metal pad. Maybe next year! I currently use a hard foam one I got for $11 and it suits me well enough. I like to play in arcades sometimes but get a little nervous about the public envirionment and play on standard/medium difficulty (assuring a good score). When I'm at home I'll play on heavy but I must confess that I am not a hardcore master or anything. I've never gotten a AAA.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Meh, I don't really care for metal pads. I'm happy with my flimsy roll-up pad that came with the game. *shrug*

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
IMO, the flimsy pads slide around too much, or don't respond well.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Odd you guys should talk about DDR... i really REALLY want to learn how to play it before the next con i attend. I was watching DiGi play it this year but was too sick and bleh to join in. I never really got into the whole craze back in the day because i didnt like playstation much. Can anyone reccomend the best game to get and what pad?

I'm madgood at rhythm games so i figure i might give DDR a try and burn some weight in the process lol.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Odd you guys should talk about DDR... i really REALLY want to learn how to play it before the next con i attend. I was watching DiGi play it this year but was too sick and bleh to join in. I never really got into the whole craze back in the day because i didnt like playstation much. Can anyone reccomend the best game to get and what pad?

I'm madgood at rhythm games so i figure i might give DDR a try and burn some weight in the process lol.

My personal favorite is DDR Max 2 on PS2. As for pads, just get a cheap flimsy one if you're just starting out. It will get the job done. Duct tape it to the floor if it scoots around while playing. Just remember, everybody sucks at first without exception, so don't worry about looking like an idiot while doing it. :lol:

It's been so long since I played DDR but some songs I remember really liking are:

Simply Being Loved
Let's Groove
Rhythm and Police
Injection of Love
Healing Vision

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
My only game advice is to try to stick with the earlier releases. The games from back then are full of fun Jpop and techno.
Since DDR was not too long-lived a craze in Japan, I am pretty sure all the newer games mostly have popular Western music that is not at all DDR-appropriate (Ultramix 3 for Xbox has things like They Might Be Giants, NOFX, and Good Charlotte - they don't really work for dancing).

Without going way back to the PS1 era, I would reccomend DDR Ultramix (or 2) for Xbox (if you own an original Xbox?) or DDR Max (or 2) for PS2.

If you can get a copy with an official Konami pad, that should work fine. They are cheap and I had no problems with mine.

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I just got into this a couple months ago - all I have is Hottest Party right now. Wii is the only system past the Sega Saturn that I have, and arcades are scarce around here these days =( It is an addictive game though, two hours can fly by in a snap when I get into it. I'm not great at it but I did land an AAA once.

Argh, Super Samurai is kicking my butt DX

Favorite songs aside from the cover pieces -
Here I Go Again
The Reason
will
little steps

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
DDR... I haven't played that in awhile... I simply have a hard time keeping up with it and if I screw up one step I need to pause and miss another 9 before I start again...
It was DDR Extreme for the PS2 I can't get passed normal...
The pad keeps slipping but the duct tape didn't seem to work...
I don't move very fluently either... I basically River Stomp on he poor thing...

-EDiT- Btw, I dub this post particularly evil...
(Post #666)

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I just want to throw this out there, but for a good metal pad I hear that the Blueshark is a good one, but people say that it is either hit or miss if you like it or not.

MagicPickleFairy

MagicPickleFairy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Video Games, Anime, Musical Theater.
I haven't played that game in a long time, and it's not because of Guitar Hero, I only tried it once at a Game Stop.

I went to a Toys or Us that had a DDR machine in it. I was very surprised to see that. I wanted to give it to try, but I'd rather not embarrass myself from my rustiness.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I think I should inform anyone interested that Dance Dance Revolution X with a dancemat for PS2 is only $30 at amazon.com.

I'm assuming this will be the last PS2 version and since Konami's mat is IMO the best for anyone who doesn't want to spend over $150, I would say this is the best choice a new player has.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I do love a good game of DDR, that's true.

On the topic of mats, I actually had my first one "break". All of the pads shifted around so you could never figure out quite where to step to get it to respond correctly.

The new one I've got has a gamecube plugin, an xbox plugin (I think, I've never had to use it) and a playstation plugin. It was a $40 mat, but SO worth it. (We tested it out on my friend's Wii too, and it'll work with newer-gen consles with plugins for older controllers.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
I've been playing DDR for years. Still find it so much more fun that Guitar Hero.

I've spent way to much money on it too. 5 pads, a PS2 to USB connecter to play Stepmania, and the worst is probably $137.00 for Jp EXTREME. Unlocked everything in it and almost all ONI courses are complete.

Favorite songs:
Hogisim - DDR 3rd mix korean V2
Un Deux Trois - DDR EXTREME PS2
CANDY♥ - DDR MAX2
Love♥Shine - DDR EXTREME
PARANOiA ~respect~ - DDR PARTY COLLECTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users