Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic: More New Characters or More Old Characters?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Sonic: More New Characters or More Old Characters? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

More New or More Old?

1. Metal Knux (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Tails Doll (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Gamma (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Flickies (10 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

5. Silver Sonic (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

6. Ray (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

7. Mighty (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

8. Fang (14 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

9. Tikal (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

10. New Characters (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Petitions don't work.
Especially for something as secondary as the character roster. If you really want to start a petition, you should make it for something useful.
And it's really pointless to try to bring back Honey, she never actually appeared to begin with.
And it's pretty selfish to ask for the removal of newer character when these characters probably all have fans.
And petitions don't work.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

And it's pretty selfish to ask for the removal of newer character when these characters probably all have fans.

I'm sorry, what?

Let's count the characters that will probably never appear in a game again.

Elise
Chip
Marine
Dark Gaia
Cream(she and Cheese have been out of the games since 2005 with a few small cameos!)
Tikal and Chaos(not too much storyline there)

And a bunch more. Seriously, SEGA just keeps adding on to the character roster. That's the point why people want it to be down to simple favorites.

I personally think it should be just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles fighting against Robotnik. Maybe a few characters like Amy, Fang, Shadow, and Metal Sonic, because they don't change the story that drastically. I'm just saying, make it similar to the games people would LIKE.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

I'm sorry, what?

I said: "it's pretty selfish to ask for the removal of newer character when these characters probably all have fans".

Asking for the removal of new characters such as Blaze, while also asking to bring back old characters such as Honey, is not going to achieve anything. You're just replacing characters. It's good for you if you like the old characters better than the new ones, but you're ignoring the people who prefer the new ones. There's nothing wrong with liking some characters more than others, but if you actually try to make a petition to impose your preferences (which are just opinions) over the preferences of other people, then that's just selfish.

Let's count the characters that will probably never appear in a game again.

If they'll never appear again, why bother asking for their removal?

I personally think it should be just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles fighting against Robotnik.

And other people think differently and want different characters, so that doesn't mean much.

I'm just saying, make it similar to the games people would LIKE.

People like games if they are good. Whether you can play as Tails, Honey or Blaze has little to do with that.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
I'm sorry if I came off as selfish, I certaintly didn't mean to. :blink: Anyway, I was thinking last night and thought that we should keep the new characters and bring back the old ones, that way, everybodies happy. Also, I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but I have seen petitions work before.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Sorry, I shouldn't have called you selfish actually.

In any case, fans have been asking for the return of old characters such as Fang for years, even if not by the mean of petitions; it never did anything in the past so I don't think it will do anything now. Even if you do start a petition it may never reach SEGA of Japan.
Actually, a few years ago there was a poll on Sonic Channel with a lot of characters to choose from (including old ones), and questions such as "which character would you like to see more often?". I don't think many people voted for the old characters to that question, since most of the voters were probably young fans who had never heard of Fang (I actually think Shadow came #1 to that question). I guess Sonic Team assumed that not enough people wanted these characters back.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I guess Sonic Team assumed that not enough people wanted these characters back.

...which is why a petition might work. If Sega can see that people want the old characters to return (even if we are all old and boring ;D), there might be a chance.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
@Kentilan: It's okay, I've been called worse anyways. :)

Anyways, there is a rumor I heard about Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, and here's the link to it: WARNING MEGA SUPER DUPER ULTRA SPOILERS!!:http://www.sonicfamily.org/sonic-sega-allstars-racing-f65/revised-character-lineups-spoilers-t2212.htm
Now before you say anything, don't forget that there have been rumors like this in the past such as the one where Fang was supposed to be in Sonic Unleashed, so please, please, don't blame me if this is false, because I did warn you that it could just be some jerk trying to get everybodies hopes up. (I also heard someone else on the net say something like this, so it's not just him.)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Fang (Nack), hands down. But I'm pretty psyched that Metal is in the new M & S game!

Then again, Chaos is a majorly overlooked and unique character. Where was he in SU? Sonic Battle says the now-good Chaos appears in times of disaster...

Chronos

Chronos

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:My interests are drawing, watching animes and tv shows, cosplaying (if u want to c my cosplaying got to DA, cosplay.com, or myspace.com/ViewtifulChronos.), play video games, play tennis, spend some time playing my ocarina, creating stories or mostly make comics and spend time with friends and family. i m not putting much but thats mostly what i m interested in and also a NiGHTSFan and a Sonicfan. There is more to say but i end it like this for now.
i would say they should bring back the old skool characters. I mean i want to see Nack aka Fang The Sniper if they are going to make a new Sonic game. Fang is awesome and i wish they could bring him back or even Mighty would be kewl that would complet Kunx team. I mean he was part of Knuckles's team in the his game Knuckles Chaotix.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Fang (Nack), hands down. But I'm pretty psyched that Metal is in the new M & S game!

Then again, Chaos is a majorly overlooked and unique character. Where was he in SU? Sonic Battle says the now-good Chaos appears in times of disaster...

I love Chaos, but his story was wrapped up nicely at the end of SA.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I love Chaos, but his story was wrapped up nicely at the end of SA.

I agree, but Sonic Team is HORRIBLE when it comes to even basic continuity.

Where was Angel Island in SU? Nowhere!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
The best, personally, would be an idea similar to Bomberman on PSN, Wii, and XBLA: No (major) story, just focus on the good old-fashioned gameplay the fans really love.

So no new characters or new-old characters; maybe not even anyone but the enemies, Eggman, and Sonic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users