Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Fantasy (open to all, ranges from silly to serious depending on situation!)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
This story takes place as NiGHTS, Reala and a third Maren are created. NiGHTS is the youngest, Reala the middle, and the third the eldest ("her" name is Fanta). The story really takes off after Fanta is humiliated by her younger siblings time and time again and even goes as far as to want to destroy and torment NiGHTS in the worst ways she can think of. Her ultimate goal is to win over Wizeman and become his favorite, although she has claimed on many occasions that she is not only his favorite but his most powerful of creations.

Fanta is a strange and deceptive creature. Even to the best judges of character she comes across as sickeningly sweet and innocent, but shows her true self to her two most hated of siblings, constantly abusing and harassing them. The other Nightmaren either fear her because of her power and high status, or pity her because she's obviously delusional and has an unhealthy obsession for wanting attention and adoration.

Eventually, she discovers that the mischievous Nights isn't entirely loyal, and like the desperate Maren she is reports straight to Wizeman about his daily activities, which included playing with cutesy little Nightopians and the Dreamers he was supposed to torment and steal Ideya from. NiGHTS is locked away, but not for long... angry because of his escape, she tries to manipulate Dreamers and fellow Maren to get her way, not caring about who she has to walk on to reach her goals. Will she succeed, or will NiGHTS gather the help of others and put the evil Maren in her place?

Fanta

Appearance: Much like her siblings, jester-like and all, except she has pale skin, white and sky blue clothing, and clear blue eyes with an almost constant sweet smile on her face.

Goals: To humiliate and destroy NiGHTS and become Wizeman's favorite creation

Personality: Cruel and twisted like the nightmares she creates, despite her name sounding close to "fantasy" she can invade a Dreamer's mind and bring to life their worst fears and most horrible of memories. She puts on an act of being sweet and kind and fools just about everyone except for NiGHTS and Reala. People even tend to believe her when she says she's being bullied by them, as Reala is known to be cold and hateful as NiGHTS is playful and a prankster.

Abilities: She can see into the minds and memories of others, even memories that have been long-forgotten or locked away. She can easily create nightmares to take on whatever form she wants, but is blindly jealous because of NiGHTS' ability to detect and harvest Red Ideya, which is an ability neither she nor Reala were created with. She can still dualize with Dreamers who hold Red Ideya, but it saps her of much of her power until they split-up again.

Hobbies: Torturing others, bragging about herself, training herself to be more powerful, weaving horrible nightmares, trying to ruin NiGHTS' image, fighting with Reala and trying to convince him that NiGHTS is female like herself (apparently...)

Dreamers and Maren of all ages accepted, please no crossovers with anything else like Sonic and whatnot UNLESS it's something silly like a Dreamer is into a fandom so much that they can appear as a different character/fancharacter only in their sleep XD, and some people need to play characters like Wizeman, Reala, and NiGHTS himself, even the original four Dreamers if you want to play as them :D Pitch in any ideas you have too, that'd be great as this is a rough outline of the story at the moment, or just more like how it starts. I'd appreciate it if you gave atleast a brief description of whatever characters you're entering ^^ (By the way, here NiGHTS is indeed completely genderless and can be referred to as male or female at any time. He is also very pretty, as always XD)

This is the first time I've ever tried to start an RP for anything, so I sure hope somebody gets interested ^^

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list.
Seems interesting...

I'm in, but I am uncertain what fan character to join as.

If you need me to, I can play any of the Canon Characters - I will just need your interpretation of them: I know how each acts in the games, and that may need to be changed depending on what you desire to occur. If nothing else, I may play a more demented Jackle if that is allowed. -Head tilt-

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Hey, a demented Jackle would be awesome, I love him :huh:

Well, lesse... mainly, I view NiGHTS as a very funloving and carefree character whose nightmares are more prank-like than anything, like making the Dreamer relive the most humiliating times of their lives or creating mean dreams just to make fun of them, like to bully them without really meaning that much harm because he's just having fun more than anything. He could just as easily become best friends with whoever he's tormenting because he doesn't mean any harm, even though his job is to steal Red Ideya. He always finds clever ways to slip away from the other Nightmaren so he can goof off and have fun rather than do his job.

Well, Reala's a heartless jerk who is dedicated to doing his job and being the best, he doesn't really hate NiGHTS but he nags him a lot and sees him as nothing but a lazy kid. We all know what Wizeman, Helen and Will are like, really

Claris and Elliot, hard to say somehow. Just a couple normal kids living their lives day to day and have a close bond with eachother (kinda seemed like they had a crush on eachother in the end to me, somehow...)

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Mmmm... I'll think on it. I probably may go demented Jackle after all. X3 Though the others sound pretty similar to what I think (except NiGHTS), I think I'd have more fun with him - and it would give your Lass someone to boss around. =D

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Heehee, awesome :huh: Every story needs somebody like Jackle!

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Hi, Hoban! I got your PM and read the first post. This seems really interesting! How many fanmaren are acceptable(I have three that are suitable for this timeline)?

Name: DaYZ
Gender: Unknown but looks like a male and sounds like a female(assumed to be male)
2nd Level Nightmaren
Crush: Light
Appearance: Posted Image Technically, this is his first design, but Wizeman created him to be darker and paler(he was still fun-loving) so, just add darker color and a scowl, and you've got DarkJester.
Main Ideya: Attracted to Yellow Ideya
Dislikes: Darkness, Wizeman
Abilities: Telekinesis, a skilled swordsman, flight
Weaknesses: Fear of heights
History: A simple-minded and fun-loving child of a maren formerly known as DarkJester. DaYZ was loyal to Wizeman until he learned of his plans. Even then he did nothing, but it became personal when Wizeman punished him and his friend, Light for disobeying him, during which he trapped Light in a green sphere and attempted to trap DaYZ in an Ideya Palace, only for him to escape by a hair--er, horn.
Theme Song: Endless Possibilities(Sonic Unleashed)

Name: Light
2nd Level Nightmaren
Crush: DaYZ
Dislikes: Darkness, Wizeman
Abilities: Flight, ability to make plants grow, a skilled technician
Weaknesses: Claustrophobic
History: A female maren designed to be a girl version of DaYZ. She was the only one that DaYZ could really relate to before being trapped in a green sphere, allowing her to age but not live.
Main Ideya: Green
Appearance: Similar to DaYZ only with green horns, a yellow vest and a green bodysuit with blue boots.
Theme Song: Sanctuary(Kingdom Hearts 2)

Slick
2nd Level Nightmaren
Likes: Dark, dank places and eats mice(usually resulting in him eating one of Clawz's silly mouse-firework-things)
Dislikes: Sunlight, NiGHTS, any other rogue
Abilities: Chameleon(blends into background), a skilled ninja, a skilled swordsman*taught DarkJester/DaYZ all he knew*
Weaknesses: Can't resist eating a mouse
History: When Chamelan was created, he came out as a twin. Slick is more of a gecko that a chameleon but can blend into the back-ground just as well.
Main Ideya: He's not an Ideya Nightmaren
Appearance: Imagine a snake with arms and legs, wearing a white vest and a black jester hat
Theme Song: Dare To Be Stupid by Weird Al Yankovic

Is this acceptable?

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Oh yes, very acceptable ^^ Nice characters! I think people can use as many characters as they can handle at the time

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Profiles
Owner: Created by SEGA: Changed and interpretated by Dark Messiah.

Name and Statuses:
Name: Jackle
Race: Maren
DOB: Unknown.
Job: Overseer to a faction of Wizeman's lands - also one of the few in charge of mobilizing troops while invading Nightopia.

Appearance:
Weight: Probably not even 50 pounds.
Height: 5'4"
Eyes & Hair: Eyes are a bright blue: No hair to be seen.
Skin: No skin - as he has no 'body'.
Clothing From head to toe - a Jester's hat that the 'fins' curl towards the front of his head, the to of the mask just down over to where his nose would be, his eyes floating there symmetrically with a demented smile. Where his chin would be a cloak drags over his 'neck' orange in hue with the collar jutting up to the sides of his face and back of his neck, held together by golden clasps. His cloak will fall to his 'heels', jutting a bit in a very magician style with white diamonds on the back. His gloves seem to hold claws, with fabric reinforced over his 'wrists', with matching boots. Overall, looking very masquerade in design, without the mask.

Weapons:
Cards: Jackle can manifest and throw a multitude of cards that often act sharp as daggers.

Abilities
Flight: Hover, flying, all he can do. Rarely is he seen touching the ground.
Ideya Drain: Much like any Maren, he can tap into the Ideya of dreamers... but rarely does.

Personality:
Attitude: Jackle has an obsession with games and gambling. Though very demented, occasionally a dark, intelligent side of his can be revealed if dug deep enough. He knows he is not suited for much leadership and if comfortable staying where he is, helping the man who seems to be able to play pawns better than he. Toying with others seems to be his forte more than anything else.
Dislikes: Losing his own games he plays against other people, being at disfavor to Wizeman.
Weaknesses: Gambling, a mental disorder over his cloak. It is a security blanket to him and becomes paranoid if anyone touches it.
Strengths: Very intelligent mind with far foresight - if it were nto for all the side trips.

History: It is unknown how Jackle came to be, or exactly what he did before Wizeman came into power. But one thing is certain, Jackle knew Wizeman had things in order and was going to go far - so he hoped to joy ride with that and works as a peon for him. In regards to his co workers, he does not have any as far as he is concerned. He has victims he can toy with. He finds NiGHTS - the mischievous jester of Wize Man's creation, to be his greatest rival. Though NiGHTS was only a prankster, he feels NiGHTS' little games were a mockery to what a true player could do, and as such would be the one to play the jokes on HIM. When NiGHTS was captured and discovered to be unloyal, Jackle was not surprised, but for some unexplained reason, Jackle had begun to seclude himself from everyone.. his paranoia seemed to start to reach a deeper level...

Disclaimer: My interpretation fo Jackle, don't shoot me... >>

How's that?

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Why would I shoot you? Sounds just like him o.o;

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Eh... old roleplayer. Often seen people get reamed for playing canon characters a bit creatively, so I just wanted to put it out there to keep myself from biting off more than I can chew. XD

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I couldn't tell the difference, actually ^^;

So, is it safe to assume only two people will ever be interested here? XD;; Not much

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Keep in mind the forums are slow. Not everyone is on - but who's to say?

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Yeah, that's true ^^; I hope we atleast enough people to participate and get to start instead of it dying before we get the chance to do anything, I've never RP'd on a board before

Dark Messiah

Dark Messiah

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Roleplaying on a forum is a great way to harness description and learning to do more with your English skills. Not to mention learning a lot about what you know and what you don't know if you try to cooperate realism into your characters. -Shrug-

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Doesn't look like anybody else is really interested in this, over a month of no replies. Unless you guys wanna take on more official characters' roles ^^; I don't mind playing as NiGHTS

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
By some weird twist, I pick Reala...or maybe not so weird...(grins evilly)

Name: Reala
Personality: Deep, dark and brooding. Whilst NiGHTS is fun loving and loves to play pranks, Reala spends most of his time doing errands for Wizeman. He is the one who ratted NiGHTS out and sealed him in an Ideya Palace.
Weapons: His claws are his main weapon, but he can paraloop and uses close-combat occasionaly. He also wears a persona mask that levels up his strength and allows him to summon cages.
Dislikes: Everything except his beloved Master Wizeman.
Skills: Everything he does is skill...unless he loses to NiGHTS.
Weaknesses: Can be easily manipulated by NiGHTS and vice versa.

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Great, we're sorta getting somewhere :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I'll Join!

Name: Noctourne

Personality: Cold, caluclating, and asristocratically polite and proper.

Weapons: Telekinetic staff, Psychic headpiece, magical cape to disappear in!

Likes: Tea, chess, book, and creating horrible nightmares to steal white ideya.

Dislikes: Idiots, dreamers, NiGHTS.

Skills: High Intelligence, refined phsychic skills

Weaknesses: Accessories can fall off, limiting power.

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Yay Noctourne, thanks for joining the party ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users