Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kentilan's gallery

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Hello everyone. I'd like to show you some NiGHTS fanarts I made.

Posted Image
NiGHTS and two pians. Please ignore the crappy background.

Posted Image
Baby NiGHTS (or chibi NiGHTS). Done with Photoshop.

Posted Image
Baby NiGHTS and baby Reala sleeping. Done with Photoshop.

That's all for now. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Oh, so cute! You seem to have a gift for chibi NiGHTS.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I've made another one:
Posted Image
Chibi NiGHTS and a Yellow Ideya. Colored with Photoshop.
I think it looks a bit weird...

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
XD Love the baby maren one, too cute for its own good -

The new one's kind of mysterious, it looks like it's part of an ongoing story.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Thanks!
As for the last picture, there's no backstory to it though.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
Sweet! Two thumbs up on photoshop skills :D!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
you kids and your fancy photoshop... thou with artwork like that you prove you have skill nice work
I also like the first one (crayon right?) that is some impressive skill you've got!
keep on keepin on!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Many thanks!
I really appreciate all of your comments.

As for the first picture, the characters were colored with colored pencils, and the background with soft pastels. I should draw more pictures like that.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Oh ya... now I see the colored pencil... (looks like crayon when my comp automatically shrinks it to almost 1/4 it's original size...)
But very good work all the same and I would love too see more art that you use colored pencils in (then again I'd love to see any art)
I enlarged the image and I think my favorite part of it is the impressive work on the eyes.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
Color pencils RULE!!! I have like boxes and boxes of coloring pencils. I think coloring pencil takes a lot more time than photoshop, but it got some nice effects. I might consider doing one of my art works in color pencils. I miss my sweet pencils. PRISMA colors are the best. Expensive o.O, but the best in blending.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Well, that's strange, when I color my pictures with Photoshop it takes me a lot more time than with colored pencils.

I'll make more pictures with colored pencils, meanwhile, here's a last one done with Photoshop:
Posted Image
Baby NiGHTS "playing" with Owl in the Dream Gate fountain...

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Now THAT pic I like alot lol
doesn't look like owl is moving anymore though... that's too bad... :)
this one is slightly different from the rest of your pics as it looks almost 3-D especially owl.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Hello everyone. Here are my latest works:

Posted Image
Baby NiGHTS sitting somewhere dark and looking at the sky. And it's snowing.
Colored pencils & soft pastels.

Posted Image
NiGHTS in Lost Park. Also, there's a pian sleeping.
Colored pencils.
I'm not too happy with this pic. I don't really like the background, and the coloring was rushed...

Posted Image
NiGHTS and Wizeman.
Colored pencils & soft pastels.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
The problem with the Lost Park picture seems to me to be some perspective issues in the background. At the horizon, it looks beautiful. The two plateaus surrounding the setting sun look perfect. As it goes farther down, though, the hills, plateaus and such start doing funky things. A minor detail you may have forgotten, in the game the giant tree is surrounded by a lake. The cliff with NiGHTS sitting on it looks great. I have trouble drawing NiGHTS's hat correctly at an angle from slightly behind like you did, but you seem to have little trouble with it. The roots of the tree you may want to make a little more horizontal, but the trunk, branches, and leaves are wonderful. The Nightopian is a cute addition. :)

The one with NiGHTS and Wizeman is good. You seem to have a pretty good understanding of hands. One thing you might want to note is that the thumb bulges near the middle. Take a look at your own thumb, and notice how it widens at the wrinkle. I find it easier to draw hands by posing my own for a reference. Excellent shading on NiGHTS and Wizeman's far hand.

The chibi is adorable. ^-^ Again, good shading.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Thanks a lot for the comments! It's really helpful.

About the lake, I didn't want to draw it so I just pretended it was hidden behind the mountain...
Drawing NiGHTS's head from behind actually gave me a lot of trouble. In the end it looks fine, but I had to re-draw it a lot.
As for the hands, Wizeman's hands are a bit different from human hands, this is why I had some trouble with them.

Thanks again! <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users