Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You know you've played too much NiGHTS when....

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
You know you've played too much when you play excessively to get all your high scores back after your save battery dies. GUILTY

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

My, you're turning into Kisuke! ^_^

muhaaaahaahahahahahahahahahaha! yes, my plague spreads!

you know you've played too much NiGHTS when mini queen bellas were haunting your dreaming last night and made you search the house for spiders when you woke up D: GUiLTY D:

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
When you're spending a bunch of time chatting on the forums while at school! *GUILTY* XD

Vulpa

Vulpa

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Mmm...stuff~!
When you're telling someone to draw a circle, but instead you tell them to illustrate a paraloop.

You try to run around goombas instead of jumping on them.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
When you think that a billboard says "Spring Valley", but it really doesn't. XD

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Maybe you should go to southern New York, which actually does have a Spring Valley.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Maybe you should go to southern New York, which actually does have a Spring Valley.

We should all meet up there! NiGHTS fans invade New York!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
You know you've played too much NiGHTS when you're squeeing about having all the data you lost replaced in NiD. *GUILTY*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

We should all meet up there! NiGHTS fans invade New York!

We could start in Spring Valley, and then go to the Ideya Cafe. :D

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

We could start in Spring Valley, and then go to the Ideya Cafe. :(

Too bad the Ideya Cafe doesn't exist.

*pang of hope*

Wait... does it? :P

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
When you start having dreams that combine the virtual reality concept of The Matrix and NiGHTS into Dreams... *GUILTY*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Too bad the Ideya Cafe doesn't exist.

*pang of hope*

Wait... does it? :lol:

http://www.ideya.net/index.html

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
When you're trying to coax your girlfriend into playing NiD. *GUILTY* XD

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

http://www.ideya.net/index.html

:lol:

Freaking sweet.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
You know you've played too much when you become a serial killer because you know that as long as darkness exists in the hearts of humans your victims will be fine.

*Guilty*

Seriously, though, don't.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
When You influence little kids into playing NiGHTS. *GUiLTY* (I got my little brother to play NiD, He loves it, And I got a Younger Friend to want JOD for Christmas)
When it's a National Priority that your JOD disc is scratched, and You sell your soul to the Devil to Play it again. *Sorta GUiLTY*

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
When you won't let any other game be stacked on top of a NiGHTS game. Believe it or not...guilty. :P

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

When you won't let any other game be stacked on top of a NiGHTS game. Believe it or not...guilty. :P

My copy actually has it's own little shrine that stands a top all the other games I own, saying, "BEHOLD THE MAJESTiC POWER OF NiGHTS! NONE CAN MATCH UP TO MY SUPERiORiTY!"
Then my Reala plush knocks it down and stomps on it. And then he gets a time out.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
When you Climb to the top of the Highest Building in your Town that has a steeple, Dress up as NiGHTS, and you start playing Dreams Dreams on your flute.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
When you listen to NiGHTS music on your iPod while waiting for other players to connect with you for a JoD race. *guilty* I thought, as I sat on a couch in the basement on Thursday, making NiGHTS do his little tricks on the foggy screen while the earphones were in and Donbalon's theme was playing in my ears, that I looked like a total nerd. :) It's awesome being a NiGHTS nerd.

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD
When you start singing "Dreams Dreams" out loud ANYWHERE 0.O
Like, college, like streets, like banks, like bus...

Yes, I really did it

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Yes, I really did it

lol I've done the same thing! XD

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Yes, I really did it

I haven't done that in a while. I should do it again.

In the same vein...
You've played too much NiGHTS when you start absentmindedly singing the lyrics when you listen to "Dreams Dreams" on your iPod. :)

I've done this. I don't even mean to. :huh: It just...happens. Sometimes this has happened at very inappropriate times, such as during a test in Stats (yes, I did have permission to use my iPod :P). The teacher had to come over and shush me.

Rachael

Rachael

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Playing growing wings on your ipod and swing on a swing looking at the sky at night. Then jumping off the swing only to find that your shoes fell of your feet and while you were swinging and you didn't have any socks and there were woodchips. Darn woodchips.

guilty

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
You know what you're getting your friends for their birthdays and Christmas. Journey of Dreams. XD

SurREAL

SurREAL

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS!! And REALA!!! Plus: playing video games on Steam, writing fan fiction, fan art, fantasy/sci-fi, journal writing, anime, retrowave and 80s music, video game music, and robots/androids.

you get a purple cell-phone. (guilty)
(Oh, wait...did someone already do that? :) )

LOL!! This reminds me of something I should include here:

You know you play too much NiGHTS when you name your purple iPod Nano a "Dream Pod" (Guilty!!!!!) ;)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

You know what you're getting your friends for their birthdays and Christmas. Journey of Dreams. XD

I should do that. :P Spread the love!

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Since you play so much NiGHTS, talk about the game so much, and play the songs so much, you've slowly brought your artist friend deeper into the NiGHTS fandom. Since she couldn't draw herself and I very well, she opted to use NiGHTS for me and Reala for her. Apparently Nightmaren are easier to draw then humans. <3 lol

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...you make up theories to help clarify certain things in the NiGHTS series. (Terribly GUiLTY.)
...you make up lyrics to songs without them. (GUiLTY.)
...you get others to sing the lyrics with you.
...you begin replacing random words with "Maren."
...you write a song in a genre you hate all because of NiGHTS...but it wasn't that painful. (Maybe it wasn't painful at all.) (GUiLTY. I didn't really mind it.)

Funny enough, I haven't played JoD in months. O_o It's the fanbase that keeps the fire roaring. :P

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Since you play so much NiGHTS, talk about the game so much, and play the songs so much, you've slowly brought your artist friend deeper into the NiGHTS fandom. Since she couldn't draw herself and I very well, she opted to use NiGHTS for me and Reala for her. Apparently Nightmaren are easier to draw then humans. <3 lol

Yes, they are much easier. No necks, wrists, or noses to worry about. And no ears except maybe for some fanmaren.

You've been playing too much NiGHTS when you have to report to everyone when you've gotten a new high score on NiD/JoD. *very guilty*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

...you begin replacing random words with "Maren."

Funny enough, I haven't played JoD in months. O_o It's the fanbase that keeps the fire roaring. :P

It's like the Smurfs! I propose "mareny" as a new adjective. ;)

I spend more times on the forums than playing NiGHTS, yet my love of the games hasn't gone away. That is certainly the mark of a good fanbase. :D

Kizia

Kizia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
You know you're obsessed with NiGHTS when you...
Sing, hum, whistle, play, or listen to "Dreams Dreams" at least 50% of the day...Guilty
Listen to a playlist of many different versions of "Dreams Dreams" while you sleep...Guilty
Have had NiGHTS appear in your dreams...Guilty
Say random things like "Off to the World of Dreams"...I do this, but not in public.
Correct anyone saying that NiGHTS is a male or female by saying NiGHTS is actually genderless...GUILTY
Always take the time to properly capitalize NiGHTS' name...Guilty
Defend NiGHTS whenever NiGHTS is called gay...Guilty. Especially with my brother.
Draw NiGHTS during almost every class...Extremely Guilty
Watch every cutscene and level of NiGHTS Journey of Dreams on YouTube...Guilty
Laugh every time I hear Owl say "Touch NiGHTS."...I can't help that a video put perverse ideas in my head. >.<;
Say "Dualize" whenever NiGHTS says it...Guilty
Cry every time at the cutscene of NiGHTS disappearing in NiGHTS Journey of Dreams despite knowing the outcome...Guilty
Act like NiGHTS...Do this a lot.
Want to cosplay NiGHTS despite difficulties the costume would bring...Can't wait to do this. >w<
Want a NiGHTS plushie...I'm thinking of making my own. ^^
Make a NiGHTS and Reala chao on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and name them respectively...>.> Do I even need to say it?
Name four of the chao in one of my Sonic Adventure DX chao gardens after the visitors...Yes, I did this too.
Try to get all five Ideya in the NiGHTS pinball in Sonic Adventure DX...I haven't done it yet though...
Play NiGHTS pinball on Sonic Adventure DX for more than 30 minutes straight...Guilty, Very Guilty
Play all the missions in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity in one day to unlock NiGHTS...Took me at least 4 hours, by the way.
Play NiGHTS in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity every time I can...I'm so happy I unlocked NiGHTS. XD
Are so obsessed that your brother disowns you...Yes, my brother has done that...(At least he says he does...)

And to top it all off, you do this when you have never played a NiGHTS game in your entire life...Guilty... 0.0;
Audience: :) :o :huh: :blink: :lol: :mellow: :huh: :o :blink:

And this is just what I thought of off the top of my head. I probably do much more than this. XD

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

And to top it all off, you do this when you have never played a NiGHTS game in your entire life...Guilty... 0.0;

WWHHHAAAATTT?!?!?!

Oh, you poor, deprived, little num-num. (Don't worry, I have never played JoD... :P )

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

(Don't worry, I have never played JoD... :P )

I know each person has their own opinions, but in my eyes, this might be for the best :P

You know you've played too much NiGHTS when you realize how much you talk about it as opposed to other things, and that only here in the fanbase will people not get sick of it.

Kizia

Kizia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

WWHHHAAAATTT?!?!?!

Oh, you poor, deprived, little num-num. (Don't worry, I have never played JoD... :P )

I've never played either. I didn't even own a video gaming system until at least 3 years after the original came out. I've never owned a Saturn either. I don't think I've even seen a Saturn. Hopefully, I'm getting JoD for Christmas. Especially since it's like, the cheapest thing on my list. I know I'm a deprived num-num. T~T My brother rented JoD once from GameFly, but I wasn't very interested at that point and he sent it back before I could try it. I really want to play with other fans when I do get it. I'm also planning to maybe go over my sister's boyfriend's house. His sister owns JoD and is so obsessed with it, that her family had to get another system so they wouldn't need to wait for her to get off. (if she ever does XD) I might want to play the original, but I probably never will because it's for the Saturn and I probably would never get a Saturn, or a NiGHTS game with it. Luckily, JoD is around $10 here, so I could get it for Christmas easily.

I need some other game to vent my love for NiGHTS with. I can only play NiGHTS in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. I've been venting it in Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle as well. I've been playing NiGHTS pinball in SADX and made a NiGHTS and Reala chao in SA2B. I need to actually play NiGHTS. I even tried to play the NiGHTS minigame on the official site. Helped a little, but still did not fill the void. T~T

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
After playing for two hours straight I got all five ideya on SADX. All you get is rings and by then you already have 999 and it won't let you go higher. >_> Lame prize in my opinion. I was hoping for like, some secret NiGHTS 3 game or something you know? XD

Kizia

Kizia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

After playing for two hours straight I got all five ideya on SADX. All you get is rings and by then you already have 999 and it won't let you go higher. >_> Lame prize in my opinion. I was hoping for like, some secret NiGHTS 3 game or something you know? XD

Yea, I know. You get 300 rings to be exact. There's no point in getting that when you already have the max amount. XD I mean, most of the time, I have 999 rings before getting the second ideya. I was kinda hoping for something like that too. Especially since I've become so obsessed with it and I don't own any actual NiGHTS games to vent my obsession towards. I can only hope that I can get NiGHTS Journey of Dreams soon. It's the only game I'd be able to get without having to get another game system. I was only about 3 when the first came out and I didn't have a game system until I was 5 or 6. My first game system was the playstation. XD Then, for the next few years, I got a game system every year. After the Playstaion, I got a Gameboy Advance, then I got a Playstation 2, then a Dreamcast and Gamecube the same year. My dreamcast hasn't worked for a long time. DX Not that I played it much. Also, the only games I had on it were Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, which I got the remade Gamecube versions shortly after I got the Gamecube. I should probably stop talking now before I write a page worth of practically useless information. XD

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
You've played too much NiGHTS when:
You accidentally spell "wise" as "wize"--and then pause for a second to remember which spelling is right. *guilty. Did yesterday in class*

Kizia

Kizia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

You've played too much NiGHTS when:
You accidentally spell "wise" as "wize"--and then pause for a second to remember which spelling is right. *guilty. Did yesterday in class*

XD I do something similar. sometimes when I'm typing I capitalize all the letters except for the "i". I think I might've misspelled "wise" as well. Also, sometimes when I spell "real", I accidentally add an "a" and spell "Reala". Poor NiGHTS fans. XD

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
...when you and your friend get into an argument whether Okami or NiGHTS is better...GUiLTY...

Yes, he and I got into an argument over that...Me gusta mas NiGHTS. No me gusta Okami.

You make a crappy NiGHTS costume in LittleBigPlanet, along with an equally crappy NiGHTS level...GUiLTY...

You bought a purple cap for a cosplay, only to realize that you're probably never going to do a NiGHTS cosplay...GUiLTY...

You bring said hat to hat day at school just for a reason to wear it...GUiLTY...

You notice how the mini-street-lamp in your front yard looks like BellBridge and tell your sibling that it does...GUiLTY...

...Yeah, it's great being a NiGHTS geek! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users