Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You know you've played too much NiGHTS when....

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
you dream you're flying around Bellbridge. I'm sooo guilty. :lol:

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
When you paint your room purple... *guilty* :lol:

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
When you're getting a new room, and you get the opportunity to make it as NiGHTSy as possible. The walls are being painted purple, the closet is being painted pink, and the storage room that's being built in for you is being painted yellow. Oh, and you're painting pink stars on the ceiling. Oh yeah baby~

SegaSaturnGal

SegaSaturnGal

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA (I finally got out of your Saturn's CPU)
You beg your parents to get you a Saturn just so you could play NiD (GUiLTY)

You modify your PS2 just so you could play the NiD remake (also GUiLTY)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
- You see lower-case "i"s everwhere. *GUiLTY*
- You thinnk of Owl when Kaepora Gaebora is in Ocarina of Time. *Guilty*
- You change the lyrics of songs to fit NiGHTS. *Guilty*
- You give the background music lyrics. *Guilty*
- If someone says "There is no _____!" You respond with "THERE IS NO NiGHTS!" *Guilty*
- You've come up with an entire set of SUper Smash Brothers moves for the NiGHTS characters. *Guilty*

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

- you want to go to a rave with Reala. ._.
- you go to a rave dressed as Reala. ._.

Your neighbors stare at you like you've lost your mind- it's August, terribly hot and humid, and you're wearing your NiGHTS cosplay on the front steps.

(XD GUILLLTTTTTYYYYY... I was waiting for my convention ride.)

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Your neighbors stare at you like you've lost your mind- it's August, terribly hot and humid, and you're wearing your NiGHTS cosplay on the front steps.

(XD GUILLLTTTTTYYYYY... I was waiting for my convention ride.)

Lol. Sometimes it's even to hot for NiGHTS to fly. XD

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
By SegaSaturnGal:
You beg your parents to get you a Saturn just so you could play NiD (GUiLTY)

^This

You know when you've played to much NiGHTS when you listen to certain lines in "Butterfly" like ai yai yai, making patterns in the sky", you picture NiGHTS flying around in the air paralooping and doing fancy tricks. (GUiLTY).

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
You know you've played too much NiGHTS when you call Tinkerbell's pixie dust a "star trail" or "twinkle dust."

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
You've played too much NiGHTS when the NiD title screen is your computer background, and the image of him against the moon in JoD is your laptop background. *GUiLTY*

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
You've played too much NiGHTS when you have a Nightopian "processing" cursor, a recycle bin that makes a NiD sound effect when emptied, and your computer plays the start of "After the Dream" when logging off of your account. (guilty to all)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

You've played too much NiGHTS when you have a Nightopian "processing" cursor, a recycle bin that makes a NiD sound effect when emptied, and your computer plays the start of "After the Dream" when logging off of your account. (guilty to all)

;)

How can you do that?

SegaSaturnGal

SegaSaturnGal

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA (I finally got out of your Saturn's CPU)

You've played too much NiGHTS when the NiD title screen is your computer background, and the image of him against the moon in JoD is your laptop background. *GUiLTY*

Partially guilty of the above as charged. ;)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

:o

How can you do that?

I downloaded it off an old, forever-not-updated NiGHTS fansite a long while ago. I can't remember the address, nor do I see it in my Bookmarks. I want to say it's this one, but the link doesn't work anymore. If you really want it, PM me and I can see about sending it to you.

Anyways.
You know you've played too much NiGHTS when...
* you make your family late for the flight to Disney World because you HAD to finish that stage so you could (possibly) beat your high score. (no, I haven't actually done this)
* you search "NiGHTS into Dreams" on Google and find what appears to be the legendary old forums. I did actually do this. Not that I can get into the topics, but it's still cool. B) ;)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I downloaded it off an old, forever-not-updated NiGHTS fansite a long while ago. I can't remember the address, nor do I see it in my Bookmarks. I want to say it's this one, but the link doesn't work anymore. If you really want it, PM me and I can see about sending it to you.

* you make your family late for the flight to Disney World because you HAD to finish that stage so you could (possibly) beat your high score. (no, I haven't actually done this)

Thanks!

* I can see myself doing that, but I tend to go much to early in the morning to be playing anything. ;)

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Hmm... OK...

You've played too much NiGHTS...

-When you see that gazebo in the park, and you can't help but make sure NiGHTS isn't trapped in there every time you pass it. [GUiLTY!]

-When you are convinced Peter Pan is nearly a movie version of NiGHTS, and when you try to explain the plot of the movie to your little brother, you catch yourself explaining NiGHTS. [GUiLTY]

-When you hear a song and if you hear one word about dreams, flying, or anything, you immediatly start trying to relate it to NiGHTS [EXTREMELY GUiLTY!!!!!!!!! I DO THiS ALL THE TiME!!!!]

-You spell out your name for school in all caps, but with lowercase "i"s. [GUiLTY, but then again, who doesn't that's on these boards???]

Uh... that's all I got.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
You've played way too much NiGHTS when your emails almost melt SUMO's servers. :D

You've spend to much time on the NiGHTS forums if you think of Forum members while watching cartoons and playing video games. :)

I agree with the song one, sapphire. It happens to me every day. xD

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Every time you go into a video game store, you head straight for the Wii section, search for NiGHTS, and make sure you place it eye-level so everyone can see it. -Guilty. I did it again just today on my way home from college. XD

You want to buy this year Guinness Book of World Records Gamer's Edition, just because they have a picture of the large cosplay gathering at the Millennium Bridge, just because TRiPPY and DiGi are in the picture. -Guilty. I really wanted to buy it. DX

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
You know you've played too much NiGHTS when you see pics of NiGHTS' butt in someone's signature on another site.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
You know you've played too much when you start to think you can actually understand the Nightopians, and start to babble at your friends. -Guilty.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

I agree with the song one, sapphire. It happens to me every day. xD

It even happens with songs you wouldn't think NiGHTS-y at all sometimes, right?

Some more:

-When you own at least 3 purple-striped shirts.
-You wear pigtails all the time.
-You honestly can't look at the color purple the same anymore.
-You searched everywhere to find a purple tennis raquet for your tennis team, to have one like the one NiGHTS used in Superstars Tennis. (It was, unfortunately, never found. :lol: )

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

It even happens with songs you wouldn't think NiGHTS-y at all sometimes, right?

It does! I'll hear any song that mentions flying or dreams, and in my mind an entire NiGHTS music video will form. :D

You've played too much NiGHTS when you yell at Navi and call her Owl. :lol:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
When your eyes hurt from over-exposure to the TV, or when you forget to eat and junk. Stop leaving your room, lose all contact with the world around you.

That kinda stuff.

-shot-

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

When your eyes hurt from over-exposure to the TV, or when you forget to eat and junk. Stop leaving your room, lose all contact with the world around you.

That kinda stuff.

-shot-

Haha, good one.

-When you often wonder what it's like to not have a nose and have HUGE BLUE eyes. (I know I do this a lot. Hehe...)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

-When you often wonder what it's like to not have a nose and have HUGE BLUE eyes. (I know I do this a lot. Hehe...)

I was thinking that today, but about Wind Waker Link. I want to make a WW cosplay, but I don't have an abnormally large head. :)

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
When you wish that you were your fancharacter... *guilty*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
You know you've played too much NiGHTS when you try finding the Ideya Palace and taking off with NiGHTS in a dream! *guilty sorta*

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
When you give a jester character (12 years old, weilds puppets) a purple striped jester cap.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...you see a helicopter and imagine it painted with NiGHTS', Jackle's, or Reala's colors.
...you take a song and rewrite the lyrics to fit NiGHTS. (Ex. Llama song = Ree song)
...you eat meat and imagine Nightopians being captured by Nightmarens and eaten.
...you want to write a crossover of NiGHTS and some other dream being/creature like Klonoa. (Guilty...on hold.)
...you have a shrine dedicated to every character in the Night Dimension.
...you name your Nightopians in My Dream.
...you scream random words, the same Jackle uses in NiD, at people on the sidewalk.
...you replace Freddy with Jackle in "Nightmare on Elm Street" in some way. Writing, sleeping, or otherwise.
...you want to be a sibling of Reala, NiGHTS, or Jackle. (Or...anyone else for that matter.)
...you sing 'Dreams Dreams' for a talent show...all the while dressed as someone from JoD or NiD. You also bow like NiGHTS as you leave (or perform Reala's victory pose like he does in versus in JoD).

Bah. All I got for now...Drats.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
You've played too much NiGHTS when...

You compare Sonic Unleashed to NiGHTS
BEFORE you all throw bricks at me, let me explain. In the PS3 Sonic Unleashed, Sonic will sometimes go around a loop, leaving behind a blue dust trail. Once the loop is completed, a blue vortex will appear and collect all rings inside the loop(a good example is in Shamar Act 1). It also happens in Dark Gaia's Final Phase. As Super Sonic, when you're flying around that sheild trying to destroy those snakey things, if you fly in a circle, a golden vortex opens.

You have to make name tags at school and capitalize everything but the i(it's difficult for me to make nametags, seeing as my name and NiGHTS's name both start with 'Ni').

You make a character and give him multiple costumes, one of which is a NiGHTS costume.

You try to hide from your friend behind a glass wall, pretending to be Jackle.

GUiLTY OF ALL OF THE ABOVE

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
*sigh*

OK, honestly, I don't even need to explain this one. First time I saw this, well, you know what (or WHO) Stewie may have been drawing... ;)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

God... I feel so stupid for posting this. But I had to. :blink:

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things

You've played too much NiGHTS when...

You compare Sonic Unleashed to NiGHTS
BEFORE you all throw bricks at me, let me explain. In the PS3 Sonic Unleashed, Sonic will sometimes go around a loop, leaving behind a blue dust trail. Once the loop is completed, a blue vortex will appear and collect all rings inside the loop(a good example is in Shamar Act 1). It also happens in Dark Gaia's Final Phase. As Super Sonic, when you're flying around that sheild trying to destroy those snakey things, if you fly in a circle, a golden vortex opens.

That fight actually reminded me of Gulpo's fight.

You know you play too much NiGHTS when,
You start seeing Cave formations that look like Twin Seeds. *GUiLTY*(I swear, It looked almost exactly like it!)
You purposely get your self in a Nightmare situation, Just so NiGHTS can save you.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

*sigh*

OK, honestly, I don't even need to explain this one. First time I saw this, well, you know what (or WHO) Stewie may have been drawing... :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

God... I feel so stupid for posting this. But I had to. :rolleyes:

I think that could be many people on this forum. :lol:

You've played too much NiGHTS and listened to too much Billy Joel when you try to rewrite "We Didn't Start the Fire" to be about NiGHTS. I have no life. :P

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
When you totally miss what's going on in your Western Civilizations class because you are thinking of things to post.

...happened today. :rolleyes:

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
When you've found the perfect boots for your NiGHTS cosplay, and its coincidentally named "Journee Collection". You instantly think NiGHTS was the inspiration behind it. (Guilty.lol)

Here's the link if anyone is curious.

http://www.target.co.....Slouchy Boots

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

When you've found the perfect boots for your NiGHTS cosplay, and its coincidentally named "Journee Collection". You instantly think NiGHTS was the inspiration behind it. (Guilty.lol)

Lovely! Now you can go on a Journee of Dreems. :)

You've played too much NiGHTS when you write a screenplay with the line:

INT. - A THEARTE - NiGHTS

instead of:

INT. - A THEATRE - NIGHT

True story. :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
You know you've played too much NiGHTs when:

You have a sudden, irresistable urge to buy every jester's hat at the Rennaisance Festival and dye it either Red and Black or Purple.

Your left thumb moves in strange circles whenever resting on the keyboard...or desk...or steering wheel...or anything.

You ask your loved one to whisper this sweet nothing in your ear: "there is no NiGHTs".

You calculate the amount of chain score a certain combination of rings, stars, orbs, and tricks will get you, while sleeping, and when you wake up it is mysteriously inked on your sheets (probably in drool).

Whenever you go out on a boat and stand on deck, wind in your face, you stick your arms out wide, then put them behind you and try to spin really really fast while releasing glitter all over.

You name your beta fish Gulpo.

You spend hours upon hours fretting with the mental connundrum of whether NiGHTs is a man or a woman because you simply can not accept that it is neither!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
You randomly enter the NiGHTS pose for a brief second

You get excited when you see the color purple

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I always bow like NiGHTS...I need a life. :P

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I bowed like NiGHTS before as well, we both need a life! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users