Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The LittleBigPlanet Thread

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
A small heads up. If you've got a PSN account then it may be good to check the email it's attached to. You may have been invited to the LBP2 beta. I got an invite yesterday. I'd say check it soon because the beta will only be active for about three weeks.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

A small heads up. If you've got a PSN account then it may be good to check the email it's attached to. You may have been invited to the LBP2 beta. I got an invite yesterday. I'd say check it soon because the beta will only be active for about three weeks.

It sounds like it's based upon your activity in the original. I guess I wasn't active enough :D

"We will be sending out invitations to the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta during this week to users who’ve been really active in LittleBigPlanet (PS3™). So if you have been a busy Sackboy™ or girl then an invite might be coming your way. This decision has now been made; unfortunately we are not able to recruit any further Beta Testers at present."

http://www.littlebig...-out-this-week/

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

It sounds like it's based upon your activity in the original. I guess I wasn't active enough :D

"We will be sending out invitations to the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta during this week to users who’ve been really active in LittleBigPlanet (PS3™). So if you have been a busy Sackboy™ or girl then an invite might be coming your way. This decision has now been made; unfortunately we are not able to recruit any further Beta Testers at present."

http://www.littlebig...-out-this-week/

That's unfortunate. They probably put a time (like 50 hours or something) in a search filter and just chose people who played over that amount. That's my only guess. The beta's okay but I must have a problem with mine because I can't create anything or join other players playing online. Every time I go into a menu I'm locked to one option and if I try to choose another I go right back to that option I'm locked to. I've googled this problem and have search LBP forums but no one seems to have this issue but me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Controlinator http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

(Hey iLL nice NiGHTS level btw.. no doubt 2 would let us be able to really go all out in making one :) )

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Controlinator http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

(Hey iLL nice NiGHTS level btw.. no doubt 2 would let us be able to really go all out in making one :) )

Thanks for the video and I'm happy to read that you liked them.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Bump: I hear the demo is out..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Thanks for the reminder. I downloaded it along with the Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 demo but couldn't play any since I had to work. Should go play it now.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Thanks for the heads up! I just finished downloading it and I can't wait to give it a try!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Argh last night I start dl'ing the demo, then I go into LBP since I was under the impression you could download while playing a game.. after two hours spent fussing with level building I check back and it's at... 2 percent. So much for that plan, lol. Gotta just turn it on and leave it alone for a while, I guess.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
It's fun to play as the sackboy again :) It just blows me away the creativity of some people. There are so many things that I couldn't even dream up if I wanted to and that's what I love about this game. This will definitely be a first day purchase for me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
No surprise, IGN review 9/10- http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1142372p1.html

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hrm.. too bad people are saying the plush that comes with the CE actually looks not so great. I hate when they pull that kind of crap. And I wish it came with a soundtrack butwhatcha gon do.

Anyway I have a couple $10 coupons from Walmart I've had sitting around forever, so I may just finally use 'em on the CE. I wonder though, how much content from LBP carries over? I'm still in the process of building a level, will that carry over but now the extra tools of LBP2 will apply? I'm wondering how that works.. that would mean BGs and music from LBP carry over, at least

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Amazon is just now preparing my preorder. I'm reading some of the reviews and it's said that the CE edition may have been a "bait and switch." People are saying things don't look the way they did in the pictures. I'm wondering if this is grounds for a lawsuit.

Hrm.. too bad people are saying the plush that comes with the CE actually looks not so great. I hate when they pull that kind of crap. And I wish it came with a soundtrack butwhatcha gon do.

Anyway I have a couple $10 coupons from Walmart I've had sitting around forever, so I may just finally use 'em on the CE. I wonder though, how much content from LBP carries over? I'm still in the process of building a level, will that carry over but now the extra tools of LBP2 will apply? I'm wondering how that works.. that would mean BGs and music from LBP carry over, at least

You can import your LBP1 levels to LBP2. The thing is that you won't be able to use LBP1's music. At least that's what I experienced when I was in the LBP2 beta. Also, some of your levels may need just a bit of fine tuning. There's new tools so some tricks you may have pulled in LBP1 can be easily handled with the new tools.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, I see.. I'd think it'd be just as if not easier to use music, as opposed to backgrounds from the first game.. maybe there's some rights issues or something?

Are people saying anything else in the CE looks different? All I heard was about the plush, and even then I heard there's some disclaimer tag that states things may not look the same as in the picture.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I think you can still use the same backgrounds but I'm sure the music was licensed. Sony's like this mega music corporation though so I don't see why they can't just import LBP1's music to LBP2. Also, I may have gone a bit overboard with the whole lawsuit questioning. I doubt the items are so drastically different that it could count as a real bait and switch.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Aww man, I want this game soon.
Everyone else has it and I don't.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Heh, I haven't picked up LBP2 just yet.. I want to badly..

Anyway report from another Sega forumer is EVERYTHING from LBP is in LBP2 except story levels..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Aww man, I want this game soon.
Everyone else has it and I don't.

Don't feel so bad. I don't have it yet either. I thought it'd be here by now.

Heh, I haven't picked up LBP2 just yet.. I want to badly..

Anyway report from another Sega forumer is EVERYTHING from LBP is in LBP2 except story levels..

Good to know.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I got LBP2 on Thursday(Pre-order, yay XD) and it's pretty amazing. The graphics have a more refined and colorful look now, the gameplay is even better
Spoiler
. Now all I'm still excited for is to see what people will create with the improved level creation, the self-created levels of the last one were already so cool . *-*

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I got it the other day but I didn't play it until last night. Unfortunately (and fortunately) I only got to play the very first introduction stage. I may have been in the beta but this game is already fantastic based on what was shown at the very beginning of the game. I imported my LBP1 profile but I'm wondering if I can remove the levels that are on my profile without deleting them from LBP1. I think I'm going to test it out with my worst level.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Media Molecule behind the scenes http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
Look for Gundam

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular