Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who are you in your dreams?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
So, just kind of wondering, who else turns into someone else in their dreams? I've become various people. I'll have a different background and everything. It feels like I've been that person my whole life. That is, unless I'm lucid. Then it's more like I'm acting in a very immersive play. I've been an orphaned flying weasel who was adopted by a king in a world filled with anthropomorphic animals, a prince of ancient Egypt who was the target of an attempted assassination :) , and a skilled thief, among others.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I was once Dante from the DMC games. It was awesome for about a minute because all I could do was buy weapons. Then for some reason I get sleep paralysis. Talk about lame.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I'm usually myself, but either anthopomorphized into something from the Star Fox series or animated into an anime character.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
NiGHTS.

Samus.

hee hee hee.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I know I've been in other people's shoes before, but I can't pick up on any in particular. Usually I'm myself, but every now and then I'll be a character from a video game or movie in a completely different scenario, fully aware of the scene around me and happenings up to that point. It's always human.

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
I was once twin teenage girls. Yeah, TWINS. O.o Other than that, I'm usually me. <_<

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I was once twin teenage girls. Yeah, TWINS. O.o Other than that, I'm usually me. <_<

Wait a sec! You can be two people?!

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
I've seen Link form LoZ in my dreams but they were very strange along with the ocasinal FFVII ones

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Wait a sec! You can be two people?!

Yeah. It was pretty nutty. The view was like in a movie, with the camera zooming around all the time. Somehow the two were the only things there I could control in the scene. Unfortunately, I have no other recollection of the dream. :)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
That's cool, MiTCH. I've never been more than one person at a time...I don't think. At the most, I've suddenly had a character swap. Like the time I was a Latias leaving a place with her bro Latios. We flew over an ocean with orange swirls (which reminded me of cheese XD), but then I saw Latias and Latios flying around in front of me. Latias was starting to act on her own. I was lucid, so I tried shifting back to first person again and regaining control over Latias, but it didn't work. I was now a human girl acquainted with the two legendaries. Oh, well. At least I got to chill with some legendaries.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I've been Batman before.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I'm never myself. What does it feel like to be you in your dreams?
lol!
My characters...
Megaman Zero...
Kratos Aurion...
And much much more!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I was Indiana Jones once. XD

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
:P LOL! There's a lot of things I've become. Where should I begin. Well, my favorite is always being Link, Yoshi, Slippy the toad (Don't ask), Klonoa, and some other characters of fantasy like a griffon or dragon. Sometimes, it's my mmorpg characters.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Last night I was Donna Noble from Doctor Who.

...and much lulz was had

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I've been watching YuGiOh again, so in most of my dreams I'm Yugi o__o

And Yami was there too... hehe >:3

Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Last night I was Donna Noble from Doctor Who.

...and much lulz was had

That's kind of awesome. XD

Last night I was myself, working alongside my boyfriend IRL (Herein referred to as Tomato for reasons I will not state) playing UT. We decided we had enough and went out to get shakes. Cue Eternal Darkness, where my sanity meter reached 0 and I think our heads exploded. XD

kristi

kristi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sometimes I'm myself, and other times I'm someone different. Recently I dreamt I was a young male vampire with short black hair. I was wandering around a forest in the middle of a blizzard.

Character wise I can only recall being Lara Croft or in a Tomb Raider-like setting; running, jumping, climbing, getting artifacts, shooting at stuff.

And ethnic wise I've dreamt that I was Japanese American. My "brother" and I went to visit our "older brother" who was still living in Japan...then for some reason Jackie Chan was there (he's Chinese wth?). That's the only time it's happened. No matter whom I become in my dreams, I'm usually white and nerdy. XD

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Video games, music, movies, fashion, good anime/manga, writing, and roleplaying
I almost never dream as the same person twice... except on the rare occasions that I'm myself. I get the point-of-view changes a lot, too. Often, I fall asleep in the dream as one person and wake up as someone completely different.

Interestingly, race rarely seems to factor. When I do think about it, I'm usually white. Once or twice I've been black, and I know I've been Asian a few times. But most of the time, I don't even notice or think about it.

I usually notice gender, though. I've even dreamed as what I can only describe as a male version of myself... and it gets really weird when I keep switching back and forth between "girl" and "guy" forms. (One of my friends thinks it represents the way I relate to people - in my dreams, I'm usually a girl when I'm around girls and a guy when I'm around guys. Now, that would suck in real life. :P)

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
What would happen if you were near BOTH groups? :blink:

Anyway, in my dreams I'm usually a cartoon version of myself, though there have been occasions where I'm in real-life first-person mode. Usually, I don't remember my dreams, but on the rare occasion I DO remember, I'm a cartoon. I'm not surprised, judging how much time in front of the TV I used to spend as a little kid...Ah, the good old days...SpongeBob, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Scooby-Doo, Dexter's Lab...*continues to rant*

Tethys

Tethys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Video games, music, movies, fashion, good anime/manga, writing, and roleplaying

What would happen if you were near BOTH groups? :blink:

Funny. :blink:

Actually, in dreams, I'm usually female in mixed groups. But there does seem to be a strange amount of gender segregation in them - which doesn't make much sense, since just about every group of friends I have is mixed.

*shrug*

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I have not, or at least have not noticed myself as anyone but myself, but if I'm in an LD I look like my avatar, DiENE lol.

LiNKS

LiNKS

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Whenever I dream I'm always me, but which me I am depends on what I'm dreaming about

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Other than myself and my OCs, I recall that I was once Yami Yugi in an Oricalcos duel. But uh....yeah. It got bloody. Real fast. O_o The bad guy tried running and the Pharaoh brought out a gun and shot the guy. ._. And the Blue Eyes White Dragon was real (how all that crimson coated it's head and half of it's neck I'll never know) and saved me...erm, the Pharaoh.

Never watch Yu-Gi-Oh! and a horror movie in one day.

Oh yeah, and sometimes I'm an unnamed rogue, a thief, or a gamer.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Can't recall being anyone other than myself... I've been different versions of myself, but no one entirely different.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
I'm usually myself, but myself as I would be in the world my dream takes place in XD I don't usually see myself though, so I have no idea if my appearance changes in those dreams.

I have been male in a a few dreams, which has been weird on at least two occasions because I've been aware of the anatomy oo() Dear lord, how do you men STAND everything being cramped down there? o_o()

The only dream I've had where I was DEFINITELY someone else (name, personality, everything) was probably the most vivid dream I've ever had, and the only one that left me with a clear understanding of cold, uncaring hatred. OO; That hatred was from "me" and it was directed at someone in the dream I knew had a history of mistreating people, and thanks to circumstances in society he always got away with it. "I" made sure he paid for it all in the end though, so justice was served, but MAN I never knew people could feel anything like that oo()

MAXinsanity

MAXinsanity

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Interestingly enough, I'm almost never myself in my dreams, well, in a way...

I'm usually myself, but most of the time, I'm not human. I wonder why...

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oh good, so I'm not the only one who's been Yugi! XD; I hardly ever watched, read, or played anything to do with the series, but that one dream, I was a poor trapped Yugi, watching Pegasus lure all my friends into a trap. :)

The only other time I've been someone else, I was NiGHTS. It was completely bizarre - I had memories, I could feel myself transform, even my voice was different! Never had the dream again, but dang it was cool!

The rest of the time, I'm usually plain ol' me. How dull.. XD

Helen

Helen

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I´m myself in my dreams. :lol:

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*
  • Guests
I'm myself, but king from mah giant empire. I wear a black knight armor, got a oversized sword, a gun holsted to my right, black angel wings, and most part of time i'm witohut my helmet, i only use it in battle. Oh, and i can also bloodsuck, and get people's souls out ofthem. Then either i eat it for some power, or i smash it for an insta-kill.

LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER skies of arcadia DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER shatterhand DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER blind guardian DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER DREAM THEATER
i'm
Posted Image
in my dreams

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Every so often I dream that I'm a guy. I never realize how funny it it until later when I wake up.
Or there was a funny dream where I was some kind of an ogre and carried some damsel with me...

Other than that... uh... cameraman? X) It happens sooo often that I see my dreams from third view point, like a movie...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Who I am varies nightly, sometimes I'm myself, sometimes I'm myself but really different, and sometimes I lose all sense of self and be a completely different person, like others have. These dreams always tend to be very vivid. Lately I've discovered a disturbing trend that I also tend to die in these dreams. Don't ask me why, I dunno.

On a weirder note, the other night I was 'myself'... except VERY different personality wise and I could change my gender at will. That was strange. Of course it made perfect sense at the time.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Let's see...
Posted ImagePosted Image
I'm ususally these two, although I WAS Pine once...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
lol I've dreamed that I was Harry Potter a few times.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)
Sometimes I have a keyblade and fight heartless...

I have Pokemon dreams quite often...very fun. :P

And sometimes...I don't dream at all! *shrugs*

But most of the time, they're videogame related. :)

Olly

Olly

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm usually my OC version of myself (avatar pic, but full view here: http://sheezyart.com/art/view/1418646/ ) or my dragon self. (pic here: http://sheezyart.com/art/view/1814177/ ) I've been Shadow the hedgehog once (but without the angst and guns :3 )

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Once I was a mermaid but most of the time I'm 10-12 years old.

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
please do not make fun of me when i say this

well there are three people that i am in my dreams i am shadow the hedgehog, a werewolf version of Reala and well NiGHTS

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

please do not make fun of me when i say this

well there are three people that i am in my dreams i am shadow the hedgehog, a werewolf version of Reala and well NiGHTS

WereReala needs to be drawn. It's just too awesome for words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users