Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most emotionally charged moments

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
First things first, I must apologize if a topic like this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to locate it.

In just about anything with a good story behind it, there are often times where the main protagonists or (sometimes) antagonists will be faced with a scene that causes the said character emotional turmoil or stress. Sometimes this could be the death of someone who's close, loss of faith or a goal, realization of a horrible truth, or complete and utter failure. However, if written in the right way, these scenes can also have a strong impact on the reader or viewer as well, provoking sadness, anger, or sympathy. So in this thread, I'd like to ask if there has been a certain scene that has kind of affected you in that way.

1. The death and funeral of Maes Hughes (FMA)
2. The death of Nina and Alexander Tucker (FMA)
Spoiler
(One Piece)
4. The death of Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
5. The death of Haku (Naruto)

P.S. If the scene that you're mentioning hasn't been aired or circulated yet, please mark it with a spoiler.

Okay, anyone else?

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
In no particular order

• Spoiler
    (Haibane Renmei)
  • Rakka's wings bursting from her back (Haibane Renmei)
  • Spoiler
    (AIR)
  • The Battle of Gosroth (Crest of the Stars)
  • The Truth and merging of sakura world (Tsubasa Chronicle)
  • The full story of the Incident and The Gate (FMA)

I know it's 6, and i could put down more moments too.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Well, I don't watch very many depressing animes or anything, but here's...three?

Haku's death (Naruto)
Elie's almost-death (Rave Master) <--I know, I'm weak :D
Lotsa parts in Spirited Away

Does JoD secret ending count?

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Are we limited to just anime and manga?

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Ah, there's so many...

1. In Breath of Fire III when Rei, Teepo, and Ryu got separated.
Spoiler
:lol:
2. Kisshu's death (Tokyo Mew Mew anime)
3. Jet's death (Avatar)
4. Ryu's (almost) death (Breath of Fire V)
Spoiler
(Breath of Fire IV)
Spoiler
(Breath of Fire II)

:angry: Maybe I'll think of more later

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
I found these scenes REALLY sad...

1. Cosmo's death scene(Sonic X) *I still cry when I watch that scene... :lol: *
Spoiler

3. Lucario's death(Lucario and the Mystery of Mew)
4. Cloud VS Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children when
Spoiler

and 5. Metal Sonic's death in Sonic The Movie(I don't know why, but I almost cry when I watch that scene)
EDIT2: Atlas's death in Astro Boy 2003

Not sure if video games count but...

Sonic's Death(Sonic The Hedgehog Next Gen)...well AT LEAST THE CUTSCENE WHERE EVERYONE MOURNS IS SAD! The ACTUAL death was just stupid. :angry:

Spoiler

And of course, another reason Cloud despises Sephiroth beyond belief,
Spoiler

EDIT: Okay, NOW I'm just being stupid. HOW DID I NOT ADD THE TRUE JOD ENDING AS ONE!? I'm on a NiGHTS FORUM for goodness' sake!

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

3. Lucario's death(Lucario and the Mystery of Mew)

SPOILER TAGS! DAMNIT! I just downloaded the pokemon movies (JAP) and was slowly going through them ;_;

No-one's bothered with manga yet, sorry for the quick-scan, but yeah, here we go:
Mahoromatic Manga: http://filestore.pixel-dragon.com/maho-small.jpg

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
1. The death of Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic X, season 1 (japanese version)

2. Shadow the hedgehog saying "I am Shadow... Shadow the hedgehog!!!" in Sonic X right before they play "Live and Learn" (japanese version)

Spoiler

4. Dark super Sonic in Sonic X (had nightmares for a week after seeing that)

In games, because I can't think of more Anime ones...

5. THE MOST EPIC END TO A LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME EVER in WindWaker, when Link flips up and IMPLANTS his sword into Ganon's head

6. The intro to Shadow the Hedgehog GCN (terrifying with the gun and such!)

in Movies...

7. The 'magic pencil trick' by the Joker in Batman: The Dark Knight

And that's all.
EDIT: The end of the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeons (blue/red). It was pretty depressing for a game with limited animation. Also, Shadow in the Jap version of Sonic X ep. 73. He said "Time to Die!" while standing menacingly by Cosmo's bedside, and then tries to kill her.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
The death of Ash in the first Pokemon movie.

And who can forget Aeris? :P

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
1. Darc getting his wings ripped off in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
2. Kharg growing wings in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
3. The 16th Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus
4. The ending of the Shadow of the Colossus

5. The 'social experiment' on board the ferries in The Dark Knight

That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I can't believe that I neglected Jet and Aeris. Here are some others...

- The final scene between Axel and Roxas on the Twilight Town Clock Tower in Kingdom Hearts 2. Even though I could't understand much of what they were saying (since it was in Japanese), I still could feel what was going on.

- The final battle between the .hackers and Morgannain both .hack//SIGN and the PS games,
Spoiler
, and
Spoiler

- The death of Cosmo in the Japanese version of Sonic X

- The death of Bellemere from One Piece.

- When Kuwabara was going to punch his science teacher for changing Kuwabara's answers on a test.

I haven't seen anyone else do one for books yet...

- When Ron Weasley returns in Harry Potter... and Hermione does something that makes herself one of my new favorite characters.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).

Of course. I almost cried when I saw that scene eight years ago.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
Here's a few of my favorites (In no particular order and from various sources):

The N1 Final between Netto/Rockman and Enzan/Blues and
Spoiler
- Rockman.EXE (Anime)
How Dr Weil assumed control of Neo Arcadia - Mega Man Zero 3 (My jaw hit the effin' FLOOR O_O() )
Spoiler
- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
KITT begging Michael to help him as he is destroyed in an acid pit - Knight Rider Season 3, "Junkyard Dog"
Spoiler
- Mega Man X8

I love a good plot twist. ^^

Masterweaver

Masterweaver

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I'm... not that familiar with manga, but in the Bungie game "Oni," Shinatama (a pink-haired little robogirl) gets kidnapped, hooked up to an electric generator for painful interrogation, has her self destruct remotely activated, is zombified to act as a defense against the person she considers sister, and is shot in the face.

Yeah... innocent, eight-year-old girl... excuse me...

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Hm.
I'd have to say..
-The ending of Princess Mononoke
-Bleach: The day before Orihime leaves to be captured by the Arrancar. It gave me respect for her. (Because her monologue was one of the best confessions ever)
- The second last level of Gitaroo Man
- The ending of Ouran High School Host Club
- The last part of Slayers Next (Only because I think LinaxGourry is the cutest coupling in anime history)

There aren't really 5 of my favourites or anything, just another 5 to add to the pot :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Am i weird for finding the dance off between Ulala and Evila at the end of SC5 tear jerking in a joyful way? laaaame lol.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
I don't generally watch a lot of anime/manga but Miyazaki films always make me cry.

AND TRiPPY I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!! I loved that game but it was so short. :/

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
This video.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

Oh, yeah. I haven't seen that movie in a LONG time, but yeah, that death is REALLY sad. I always cry during that scene. :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
The last three volumes of Pita-Ten are saaaaaad. Spoiler tagged to prevent end spoilage. :P

Spoiler

Happy, isn't it?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
There is very, very little that can make me cry. That being said, in my entire life there has only been one thing in anime that ever got the waterworks going.

One Piece - During the Drum Island arc when they were showing Chopper's background, there were a couple things that got me crying pretty bad. The first was when Chopper came back to Hiruluk with the mushroom. The other was when Hiruluk died.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
The episode of "A Little Snow Fairy Sugar" in which there is a flashback to Saga's mom dying.
Also a lot of other things Sugar but that is the only specific example I can think of off the top of my head.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well, for me it's the story arcs of Higurashi no naku koro ni that focus on Satoko and Rika the most, and a looooooot of moments in the 3 Episodes of Xenosaga. Also Avatar: The last Airbender, has its moments too>.<

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

This video.

*cries into pillow* :( :D :(

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
(Wow, first post in a while... I'm such a junkie...)
first, the video that animejossie posted. good thing i'm in my room and no one can see me biting my thumbs while trying not to cry.
also the fake death of shadow at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. and i even knew he wasn't dead.
then,
Spoiler

also, the very end of the yu-gi-oh millenium world series where
Spoiler

the death of
Spoiler
in Bizenghast #4
and pretty much the entirety of The Green Mile (both the movie and the book) i don't care if books/movies aren't allowed in this topic, every time i go back and read it, or watch it on tv, i cry like a little kid.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

This video.

That was a cute vid :P dang that Dr. Mario theme is catchy, lol
But don't think me heartless for laughing... (at the theme... not the show... but I didn't cry)
None of these made me cry but they got me choked up pretty well...
1. Mia
Spoiler
in .hack//quarantine (God, I still shake like a leaf and get choked up just thinking about that scene... do yourself a favor and GET THIS GAME and find out what happens in there...)
2. The Boss dieing in MGS3 (It was beautiful... but so sad...)
3. .Hack//G.U. when Alkaid
Spoiler
(another beautiful moment... the music alone was enough to break you... BandaiNamco loves to mess with my fav. characters, huh?)
Aeris's death never really got to me :/
Red XIII rocks anyways :P

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Yeah, that first Pokemon movie was fantastic, and Lucario was just Old Yeller material. I don't believe I ever outright cried at anything that happened in a show, but then it's hard/takes something specific to make me cry. I came close, though, and here're a few more that nearly brought me to tears.

Wizardmon's death in the first Digimon series. Then I kept waiting for him to be reborn in Primary Village in season 2 (digimon never really die, according to the English version, despite what I'm gonna say next), but when he did reappear... he was still gone... Gatomon tearing up made me tear up, myself. ;-;

Various points in Howl's Moving Castle, including the ending. I remember walking out of the small theatre I first saw it in feeling happier than I remember ever feeling with a movie.

And of course there's Spirited Away; I still wonder if they ever see each other again.

Then there was Darkrai's death and (this is only a spoiler if you didn't stick around after the credits)
Spoiler

There's more, but a) I can't remember all of them at the moment, and b ) they'd all probably take up quite a bit of space.

For someone who doesn't cry much, I'm a real sap. XD

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I was sad at the end of Digimon Tamers. Why did they have to leave?!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I had no idea so many people were still into Digimon...
Well in that case I might as well share this bit of information in case you didn't know...
Bandai announced a Digimon world online (so far ps3 exclusive)
Now to keep this post on topic...
4. When my dreamcast broke :lol: goodbye Skies of Arcadia...
5. When my Sega Genesis was fried by lightning O_O... thus no more Sega consoles...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users