Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Movie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ladies and gentleman, I have an announcement to make.

I recently E-mailed the Walt Disney Company about making a NiGHTS Into Dreams movie, and, quite frankly, I think they might ACTUALLY make that movie.

So far, I think Tim Curry would make a great Wizeman the Wicked. But his voice actor did a good job anyway, though. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing either him or the original voice actor voicing the character. Jackle I thought would be voiced by the same person who voiced Iago in Aladdin (my favorite Disney movie). Heck, I even thought a quote off Silence of the Lambs would be hilarious if Jackle would say it to Claris. Reala's current voice actor, the one from Journey of Dreams, seems to be the best choice for me. Which is also what I stated in my E-mail. Anyway, I haven't thought of who would be NiGHTS' voice actor or actress. I'll leave that up to Disney.

So, you think my idea to spread awareness of the game was a good idea, or was it bad? Either way, the movie would be great. NiGHTS + Disney= GOLDEN!! They mold together PERFECTLY! Let's just hope that they don't end up screwing with the franchise, though.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Well, good luck to you. I sent Sega a letter an idea for a NiGHTS MMO in February and I still haven't heard back from them at all. To be frank, I would be very shocked and surprised if they did actually make your movie. But if it does get through to them, good for you!

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Probably will. That Tim Curry idea has a ring to it, no?

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Lol wut? I'm sorry... but what exactly is it that makes you think Disney would make a NiD movie .....just because of one email? (I mean am I missing something here?)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
If you want any chance at all, you should mail them a hand written letter. It shows you actually took time out of your day to send them an idea.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
1. Curiosity. A few employees could take a peek at some footage, and think "Maybe this could be a movie."

2. Money. Disney has recently become scavengers. They will take ANYTHING nowadays. Hence that stupid Chuwawa movie (man, I don't even know how to spell that.). And, of course, they'd make money.

3. Marketing. For all we know, this could be just what Disney needs to become great again. Maybe now it might MGM that gets made fun of. (I only used this as an example, and shouldn't be taken literally.).

4. Popularity. This could spread awareness of the franchise's existance, therefore boosting its popularity.

ALso, I told Disney to print out my E-mail. It was long, so it needed to be done.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well, all I have to say is good luck to you. If this happens, it will be nice. But if it doesn't, I won't be surprised or disappointed.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I wonder how everyone else here will think of this idea?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
They'll probably agree with me.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Man, I hope they do. It would be nice if my ideas weren't criticized. I've met an awful lot of people like that on the internet.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
That would be awesome. I would so totally go see that movie.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Yeah, especially since Disney with NiGHTS would be such a great matchup. Don't believe me, then here the 2nd Bellbridge tune on YouTube, and you'd see what I mean.

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
A NiGHTS movie...hmm...
I like the idea. The source material is great for all ages and it would make for some eye-popping CGI sequencing. Pixar could have a field day.

But there's the "video games into movies" curse, not to mention Disney might decide, upon the rousing success of the first movie, to film a ton of sequels that sap the original glow from it. They seem to be fond of that of late...

I'd love to see a NiGHTS movie. But I want to see it done right the first time. That may or may not be beyond Disney's power to make.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Look, if Jerry Bruckheimer can make a Prince of Persia movie, then Disney can make a NiGHTS Into Dreams movie. WHo knows, it could be a big success.

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
A NiGHTS movie would be great. Especially because I've never gotten to play NiD. Just JoD. :( Still, I don't think that they'll go for it. Wouldn't they try Sonic or Mario first? Doesn't make sense to go for a movie of a game that's not quite so well known.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
They already did with Mario. Let's just say that Mario was never meant for show business. Also, they were going to make a Sonic movie, but SEGA backed down.

Also, here's a funny would-be scene in the movie:

Jackle: You will surrender to me, or I will force you, Claris, to watch.........CAMP ROCK!!! (Dramatic music plays)

Claris: Will it have Jonas Brothers?*

Jackle: No. I digitized my face onto them.

Claris: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Girls like Jonas Brothers.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
I moved this to the General NiGHTS Chit-chat, seeing as this is more up for discussion rather than an actual article of news.

It's nice to dream and be hopeful, but whether or not it actually turns into a movie has yet to be seen.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Now see, that's the thing. We cam only dream of that. But, dreams DO tend on coming true when we least expect it, so quite frankly, that dream could become reality.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
She's not saying you're absolutely wrong and it'll never happen, she's just saying don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Someone did a full-blown, Disney-esque NiGHTS into Dreams movie box one April Fool's day, and a lot of people got so excited they became a bit cross when it was revealed as an April Fool's, so people might have the same reaction when entering this topic only to realize it's one person sent an email to them asking them to consider it.

It could happen, but there's not even an official 'maybe' from Disney yet, so therefore it has yet to be more than speculation.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Things come from speculation. Sooner or later, there WILL be a NiGHTS movie. Trust me. Everything will be JUST fine. By the way, did you find that bit with Jackle funny?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
NiGHTS is, in my opinion, perfect material for a movie. Powerful story and short enough plot to fit it all within the 60-90 minutes most movies are. I would say Disney would be the best to do this, but I'm a little nervous to the care they'd put in it. They don't come out with as many awesome movies comparable to the old classics as they used to. Narnia and Wall-E are a couple exceptions. A NiGHTS movie would be awesome if they put that much effort into it and had respect for the original material like with Narnia.

However, it could also go like A Wrinkle in Time. It's a terrific book, very deep and meaningful. To give you an idea of how unique it is, it was rejected by publishers at least 26 times because it was too "different." A girl was the protagonist, which was a no-no (early 1960s), and it had difficult concepts to comprehend, "dangerous ideas," as some called them. After a while, though, it became a classic.

Disney made a movie based off of this unusual book, and it was horrible. The author of the book herself said, "I expected it to be bad, and it is." You can tell they didn't care crud about it. They changed the material however they saw fit. The computer graphics had blatantly noticeable errors in some parts. Disney knew the movie was bad, too. It wasn't advertised at all. Mom just happened to find it in a DVD bin at Costco one day, and that's the only reason my family knows about it.

A NiGHTS movie by Disney isn't a bad idea necessarily, I just pray it doesn't turn out like A Wrinkle in Time. Don't expect it to be the best thing ever. That is, if they do make it.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

I recently E-mailed Walt Disney

I think a dead guy is going to have a hard time reading email.

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
I know about the Mario movie and own it, though I didn't notice that it was Disney. (BTW, why are the Goombas nine-foot-tall lizards with immobile arms and oatmeal for brains?)

On topic, it doesn't sound like this is happening anytime soon. On the other hand... Anyone good with flash? Do we have good voice actors? :D I can see that we're dedicated enough, but do we have the people to do it? Unfortunately, I have no skills in that area. I don't have flash and my voice still cracks. D:

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I put a lot of time and effort into making that E-mail. I explained every detail about the plotline to NiGHTS Into Dreams to the Disney company. I even told them about Jackle. That, and the whole Nightopia concept. Also, I mentioned Claris and Elliot. I'm sure that they won't mess this up. Besides, Disney is a company of scavengers. They won't hesitate to use an idea. Also, they DID make that Mario movie, which is why it can be seen on the Disney Channel. I liked it, but it seemed wierd to be, so I wasn't THAT fond of it. And about that Flash idea. Maybe we can ask people around the site. I'll start asking people, and you make a post saying that you wish to make a Flash Movie of NiGHTS, and people I ask will post either yes or no when it comes to helping. Got it? :D

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Disney has recently become scavengers. They will take ANYTHING nowadays. Hence that stupid Chuwawa movie (man, I don't even know how to spell that.). And, of course, they'd make money.

Uhmm.. what evidence do you have that Disney is like that? And I'm sure alot of people liked that Chihuahua movie. Just.. not us?

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
None. But I get that feeling every time a movie like the one that I just described gets advertised or goes to theartres.

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Bannipper: I would feel kinda out-of-place starting a flash movie when I have no way of helping it otherwise. At the forums that I've been to (all one of 'em, excluding here) it's looked down upon. A LOT. Maybe someone that is actually interested in helping and leading the project should make a topic.
Edit: So... Any volunteers?

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
How about the creator of this site his or herself? If he or she can make a simple website, then he or she can make a Flash movie.

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

How about the creator of this site his or herself? If he or she can make a simple website, then he or she can make a Flash movie.

I'm not sure if TRiPPY can do that. But maybe you can get someone else?

Maybe you can advertise in the creative section? There's a few people who do flash here

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
THANK YOU!!! I could hug you for that, but unfortunately, we aren't in the same room together.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Oh dear god, Disney? Next you'll be saying you want 4Kids involved as well.

Anyway, as far as NiGHTS and animation is concerned, I already have something planned >_>

After sitting in on a seminar with one of the creative directors of Disney, I know they have a _slightly_ different process for ideas. That and with SEGA/Sonic Team owning the rights, Disney would have a lot on their hands. *shudders* That man was genuinely proud of "High School Musical" it took all my control not to hurt him (really).

Sorry to stomp on your dreams but personally I think if you have an idea, you're better off carrying it out yourself, because no-one will show more passion and care for your project than yourself. And if you really want to make it happen, you'll make it happen, especially if you can show enough passion to find people to help you.

Write a treatment, or even a script, make a pitch for an idea.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think it would be best not to get your hopes up too high.
I highly doubt Disney would want to pay the licensing fees required to make a NiGHTS movie considering how comparatively unpopular the games are.
To my knowledge Disney had nothing to do with the Super Mario Bros. movie but even if they did, Mario is incredibly well known and the movie was a flop.

To a gigantic corporation like Disney, money is all that matters. Movies cost a lot of money to make and if they do not feel profit is likely, they won't bother. To use unoriginal characters is more dangerous because it means they won't even be able to make merchandise of it (like they do with all their other properties).

I don't mean to criticize your ideas or anything. I just think it would be incredibly unlikely for it to happen. Also I think NiGHTS is better suited to being a game than a movie, especially considering how bad video game-based movies tend to be.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Well... to be honest... I'm not very gun-ho on the idea of A NiGHTS movie... but it's defiantly doable imo... I doubt Disney will do it though.
But in the case there does end up being a NiGHTS movie I think Disney would be the best company to do it...

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Disney wouldn't make a NiGHTS movie... They will make a movie similar to NiGHTS and claim no connections whatsoever. >_>;

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

...Sorry to stomp on your dreams but personally I think if you have an idea, you're better off carrying it out yourself, because no-one will show more passion and care for your project than yourself. And if you really want to make it happen, you'll make it happen, especially if you can show enough passion to find people to help you...

More or less what I was thinking when I posted, just didn't know how to word it. Agreed 100%.

Also, I just started to think about if Disney would make this right. Have you ever seen the shows on Disney channel? All they have are sitcoms, musical shows or bands, cartoons that make no sense, and marathons of 10-year-old movies that are great but everyone's already seen fifteen times. I don't go to the theater or the video stores very often, so I don't know what the movies are like, so I have nothing to say in that area. Just tell me: is Disney Channel even made by Disney anymore? All I've gathered is that I don't want the folks behind it to do a NiGHTS movie.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Disney's taken quite the plunge recently, so I /really/ don't want to see NiGHTS in their hands.

They're not gunna make it, anyways. No way, no how.

Either way, if you hadn't noticed, Disney's pretty much /shunning/ traditional 2-D animation now, and I think if there ever was going to be a NiGHTS movie/show/whatever, 2-D would suit it much better. Look how nice the NiGHTs Storybook is! ^^

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I going to have to agree onto the side of not happening because I don't see an intrest in disney to go with it

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
If anything Sega would be okay with it since they've fallen farther from grace than Disney. I mean having a golf game where your mascots are just caddies is lame IMO.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
When mascots go past their sell-by date... Personally, Mario hit that age much sooner than Sonic. Someone should put Mario to bed and smother him.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Man, HOW did I not see this earlier! I totally agree with a NiGHTS Movie. As long as its voices are NOT chosen by 4Kids! They RUIN everything! *sobs at Sonic X* I agree that Disney should make the movie. Pixar with the CGI, Disney with scripts, storyboards, yaddah yaddah.

And I think maybe Emma Watson might voice NiGHTS, if not...I dunno...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users