Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A - Life

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
What the hell is the A-life thing all about in NiGHTS? I have tried looking this up but I cant find and info on the net - all I get is info on creating these super pians and stuff!? I know you have to bounce maren into the little pians to make hybrids (i think) but what does it achieve and how many different combinations are there. I found it really hard in the game to get the maren to bounce where I wanted so I never really bothered looking into the whole A-Life thing (I was more concerned with getting a big score). So whats it all about?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Super pians and breeding mepians doesn't really help gameplay much. However, if you are nice to them (don't kill them, don't spin dash near them, and don't throw marens around) then the music of the level will change to a happier tone. If you are mean then the music will change to a different tone.

If you don't kill any nightopians within a level then on the a 4th mare of the level there will be a pian holding a sign above the ideya palace. If you touch this pian you will get bounus points depending on the amount of stars you have collect throughout the enitre level.

Also if you make a mepian and then kill the mepian you will get points. Mepians are not nightopians and are considered bad even though they are needed to make a superpian. Super pian doesn't do anything good other than make you feel special.

Pians will do things depending on how they feel towrds you. If they are scared then they will always run away from you. If they like you they will either wave at you or sing. If the pians like you in Soft Museum then they will build statues.

There is more but I think I will let someone else talk now. I still need to pack and get my butt out of this dorm in the next 6 hours or I gotta pay $200! >.<

--Edit--
As for combinations there are a lot. You can have pians with two completly different maren parts and the parts are split up into head, arms, legs, body, and back. You can have a mepian with only Kirckle parts. Or you could get a Kirckle Party mepian hybrid going. There are tones of things you can do. But you don't have any contorl over exactly what happens. Which part will come out is random.

Here are some pictures too.
Verol/Party Hybrid Mepian
Full Party Mepian
Mepian with Party legs
Almost complete Crewle Pole pian

I got so many more it is not even funny. I think I have at least 30 different mepian/pian images and not all of them are even on photobucket yet. I did a lot of reasearch a long time ago when some of us were trying to figure out the SuperPian mystery. That and people wanted them as references for mepian pixel pets (which never went anywhere....). I really need to post all of these up somewhere...

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^
Yami, your 2 first pics are not Mepians but Badpians, they kill every other Pians and they disappear when you complete the level, but this is just a detail ^^

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
thats some great explanation there yami, and great pics too!

i only play with pians mostly to make mepians or to influence the music. i keep making them unhappy in mystic florest just because i like the music that way

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling

What the hell is the A-life thing all about in NiGHTS? I have tried looking this up but I cant find and info on the net - all I get is info on creating these super pians and stuff!? I know you have to bounce maren into the little pians to make hybrids (i think) but what does it achieve and how many different combinations are there. I found it really hard in the game to get the maren to bounce where I wanted so I never really bothered looking into the whole A-Life thing (I was more concerned with getting a big score). So whats it all about?

I have similar problems trying to make mepians. I remember I wanted to get that Superpian or King Pian or whatever, but I couldn't even make one mepian.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the maren to actually collide with a Nightopian, or something?

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
well you shouldnt hang on to the night maren, instead, drill dash into it to send it flying in a pian's general direction. When done correctly an egg will appear and both the pian and the maren have "dizzy looking" eyes.

I think that theyre both truamitized by being hit/spun.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I think that theyre both truamitized by being hit/spun.

You've obviously never gone through child birth then... XD

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling

You've obviously never gone through child birth then... XD

And you have? :lol:

T.K., thanks for the advice. I've always missed the pians before, but I was a little more patient this time and finally managed to create my first mepian. :P

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
wow. i didnt even know you could do all this before i locked away my saturn in the collection. Now i want to take it out but i cant at the moment.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I think my shere DUMB LUCK, I drill dashed into a.. I think it was a kircle.. :| And it hit one of my pians and the whole egg thing happened, so I was curious and hatched it. It was STRAANNGE. I was so buzzed, I got my first mepian...

When I replayed Spring Valley, I accidently paralooped a pian.

It, of CORSE, was my mepian. Never made another since, because it's HARD.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I unfortunately never got to experience A-Life but I love breeding Chao. I never had a Saturn memory cartridge, only a 4m Action Replay and you need the Saturn brand to play it. ^_^

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
I thought the Chao were the second version of the A-life system, or something...

Anyway, if you love Chao, the pians are SO much harder to do anything with. So if you can handle missing your Nightopian target the first 90 times you throw a maren, you'll probably do just fine. :P

Also, the Saturn has a built-in battery save system. All of my NiGHTS and A-life data is stored on that. The only problem is, if the battery dies everything gets lost.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
you can easily avoid killing your freshly-bred, Awesome-looking, took-a-long-@$$-time-to-make, mepian by using the "no stars" cheat.

Just go to Stick canyon (which is my favorite song and level by the way.) and when you get to the part where you go through the static electricity field, hit A+B+C+START (AKA soft Reset) and go to play any level.

you will not be able to paraloop anymore. (BECAREFUL, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DEFEAT REALA.)

that trick/cheat is PERFECT for breeding mephians!

I hope I was a help to you guys.

P.S. I actually had a Dream that I was in childbirth once... which is normal... exept for the fact that... I'm a guy.

O.o

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
XD Yeah, Breeding pians realy kept me addicted to the game- it is a lot of fun and you can get some really bizzare ones..

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I'd play through Spring Valley just to breed the Pians...but I never EVER drill dashed a maren! I didn't want any creepy hybrids walkin around...
And I just need to change one more number on the little sound recognition thing on the pause screen until I get the perfect song for SV. ^^ Yay me.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

you can easily avoid killing your freshly-bred, Awesome-looking, took-a-long-@$$-time-to-make, mepian by using the "no stars" cheat.

Just go to Stick canyon (which is my favorite song and level by the way.) and when you get to the part where you go through the static electricity field, hit A+B+C+START (AKA soft Reset) and go to play any level.

you will not be able to paraloop anymore. (BECAREFUL, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DEFEAT REALA.)

that trick/cheat is PERFECT for breeding mephians!

I hope I was a help to you guys.

P.S. I actually had a Dream that I was in childbirth once... which is normal... exept for the fact that... I'm a guy.

O.o

O_o Will the star trial come back... like... if you re-start your Saturn?

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Thanks! That's actually really helpful. ^_^

Oh, come on, I've had weirder dreams than that. ^_^

You should take that to the dream discussion board. Sounds interesting.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
^_^ NO! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY PARALOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I make the stars come back!??!?!
>_< I can't even fight Reala properly.

T.K. The Hedgehog

T.K. The Hedgehog

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

lol I tried to warn you.

you can get them back by going to stick canyon up to that same point, or soft resetting again....I think 0_o

I'm glad I was able to help!

oh, and I will take that to the dream discussion board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users