Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So who's keeping sane then?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Aura-Moon

Aura-Moon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, aha!
If they deliever this with style and true heart...I'll bow down and kiss SEGA's feet...

ARGH CAMERA ISSUES @_@ I SEE ONE CRAPPY CAMERA ANGLE, I'LL GO MAD! That is what makes the sonic games so frustrating...SEGA need to read the reviews and try to fix the key flaws - those being

1 . Camera angles - geez, i get headaches with the shadow the hedgehog camera...
2 . Character development - I don't care what anyone says...Cream and Elise are very pointless characters >>
3 . Story - EMO STORY, ANGST, END OF WORLD...guh, overused >>
4 . Bad dubbing - please no 4kids...please NO 4kids >>

JoD has got some high standards to meet to be fair @_@ I smell a lingering scent of pressure for SEGA to be honest...they know of this community, no doubts there and hell, they know that the fans speak their minds!

I wanna see Reala's new look >.<

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

1 . Camera angles - geez, i get headaches with the shadow the hedgehog camera...

Quoted for the great win. I couldn't even PLAY Shadow the Hedgehog with that camera... I got to the second level, the camera confused me, I lost track where I was going and I turned off the Playstation.

2 . Character development - I don't care what anyone says...Cream and Elise are very pointless characters >>

I didn't got to play the game that features Elise, but... A human princess in a Sonic game makes me go "WTF DAHHHH"

I wanna see Reala's new look >.<

I wanna see it, too. :3
And please no Lolita Reala! XDD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I didn't got to play the game that features Elise, but... A human princess in a Sonic game makes me go "WTF DAHHHH"

Thank you! I am not the only one. I guess they were trying to explain the fact that Dr. Eggman isn't the only human. @.@

And please no Lolita Reala! XDD

Oh god. HAHAHAH! If they did that...poor Reala.

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

Thank you! I am not the only one. I guess they were trying to explain the fact that Dr. Eggman isn't the only human. @.@

But! But! We already have Maria AND Eggman. The grace and beauty of Sonic is the anthros, IMO. The whole idea of Princess Elise is dahhhh.

Oh god. HAHAHAH! If they did that...poor Reala.

Kichigai did.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
I personally would love it if they "visually upgraded" Christmas NiGHTS and released it, even if it would make a bigger hole in my wallet than a paraloop. I would love a Christmas NiGHTS even more if they extended the Christmas theme throughout the entire game, instead of just reaching Puffy and Gillwing.

Oh no! It appears that I have been inflicted with over-anxiousness about things that might come after things that aren't even out yet. Again. D:

Just to sum it up: 4Kids is the devil, Sonic games and plotholes are synonymous, and I swear that the monkey behind the typewriter just stole my glasses! ;-;

(First post. :P)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I'm afraid of one thing.
Merchandicing. With the New NiGHTS, SOMETHING'S bound to happen.
Hopefully, it won't be with 4Kids.
Dear GOD, don't let it be with 4Kids.

Chris: OMG NiGHTS I LOVE YOU IF YOU LEAVE I WILL KILL MYSELF!

NiGHTS: GET OFF ME YOU LITTLE F***ER!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I'm afraid of one thing.
Merchandicing. With the New NiGHTS, SOMETHING'S bound to happen.
Hopefully, it won't be with 4Kids.
Dear GOD, don't let it be with 4Kids.

Chris: OMG NiGHTS I LOVE YOU IF YOU LEAVE I WILL KILL MYSELF!

NiGHTS: GET OFF ME YOU LITTLE F***ER!

ACK! NiGHTS X

However I would love the new NiGHTS dolls. YES! I could get a NiGHTS doll that doesn't cost me $250!!!

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman

However I would love the new NiGHTS dolls. YES! I could get a NiGHTS doll that doesn't cost me $250!!!

Could probably make one, too. It's not that hard, surprisingly. I recently made a doll for someone and it turned out really cool! Give it a shot, Yami. Should be really fun and a lot cheaper and full of meaning

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Could probably make one, too. It's not that hard, surprisingly. I recently made a doll for someone and it turned out really cool! Give it a shot, Yami. Should be really fun and a lot cheaper and full of meaning

I can't even use a sewing machine. lol Plus I have tried making a pattern for my Jackle Chao idea but I can't seem to do it no matter how hard I try. Plus I don't want a crap doll made by me. It has to look decent or perfect or I won't like it. But I am OCD and that is just how it is...

Aura-Moon

Aura-Moon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, aha!
*snort* NiGHTS the anime series...

"Join NiGHTS and his new friend, Bethan in a high flying adventure as they try to stop Reala and the maren taking the real world away, along with NiGHTS' new sidekick, Pewpew, and the mysterious Rangatan, prepare to be gripped in by the most coolest amazing dramatic amazingly dubbed series yet! SEE IT CAUSE IT'S A CARTOON AND EVERYONE IS WATCHING IT"

If there is a God...don't ever let that happen ._.

Game wise ~ I hope Reala looks more darker but still fits in with the new game...It'd make my day to see that

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
(Last comment by Shark Deleted. Reason: No drama needed here.)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
regarding a NiGHTS doll, I have a friend who makes some nice plushies and she made me a little catgirl (actually it was her first customer commission lol) and now Im pretty mnuch bent on getting a custom NiGHTS doll made.
So if I do end up commissioning this (money permitting) Ill be sure to post photos of it or maybe send them to this site. I definitely know I want a squeeawesome plush version of Ni"GHTS. Man Im a big kid XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

regarding a NiGHTS doll, I have a friend who makes some nice plushies and she made me a little catgirl (actually it was her first customer commission lol) and now Im pretty mnuch bent on getting a custom NiGHTS doll made.
So if I do end up commissioning this (money permitting) Ill be sure to post photos of it or maybe send them to this site. I definitely know I want a squeeawesome plush version of Ni"GHTS. Man Im a big kid XD

Just as long as no one gets the bright idea to make spongbob NiGHTS as a plush...I will be fine.

That sounds neat. Its great to have someone who can actually make dolls help you out.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I can't get excited because I'm so used to the fact that I never thought it would happen. Like it feels like it isn't because I have accepted that. It reminds me of this year, It was so weird to be a senior that it really didn't feel like it. Sometimes I forget I am one because it was such a long agonizing wait lol. At the same time I do get a little jumpy when I see the magazine coverage but still feeling a bit disappointing to see their progress so far. They say its in the final stages which doesn't look good for the graphics and they say somewhere something like "it is a renovated game with new special features" meaning its going to be somewhat of a "remake" I guess they can't ruin the story that way lol.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hm.

Didn't read anything but the first post, so I'm not sure if someone already said it, but here's how I figure:

However this new NiGHTS game happens to turn out, it won't change what the original was meant to be. It's not the same people continuing the dream...it's someone trying to fill the space. And if they fill it in an unsatisfactory manner, I really don't see what's wrong with keeping what we already have of it.

"Keep the dream," right?

Marvel at my unintelligent thoughts that I incorrectly feel are worth posting.

Scion

Scion

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, games, anime, manga, movies, music, reading, writing, drawing, traveling, and more...
I am excited about some of the things that I've been hearing such as Reala, Claris & Elliot (even though it would be ok if they weren't in the game), old control scheme, music by the same music director. At the same time I'm also thinking about what could be wrong as well.

JoD will never change how I feel about NiD

Teh_NoOb

Teh_NoOb

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Gee...I haven't played the game before...But I feel all nervous and excited like a kid going to get her christmas presents.
I seriously am hoping for some plot,a bit of action but nothing more.An air of simplicity is a definite must to be retained! I feel that is part of Night's charm.I also feel that if there should be any voice actors for the maren,perhaps they should sound...I dunno,a liddle in between? Not male nor female? Maybe it's just me...I wish for Puffy's return but that may be a little too much....TT__TT

Peter

Peter

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
My two cents:

I truly hope NiGHTS 2 is great, but if it isn't, then it isn't.

Near the beginning of this thread, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross was mentioned. I have never played Trigger, but I have played Cross and it is a damn fine game - my fave PlayThing game. (go easy on me here guys - there are many reasons Cross appeals to me but that is not relvant to this post.) I do not have the experience to compare the sequel to the original, so I suspect for those that have not played the original NiGHTS, N2 will likely be fun.

Then there are the Sonic games. Sonic to me reached his apex with Sonic 3 / Sonic & Knuckles. Everything after was poor to me, but that doesn't stop me from completely enjoying the old Sonic games. I simply ignore the new stuff.

One more example: Dreamcast Rayman 2 (fantastic) and GC/PS2 Rayman 3 (awful). Still love R2 to death.

I guess what I am trying to say is that for me, if N2 turns out great, then there will be two fantastic NiGHTS games. If not, then I will still be happy that I have experienced one classic game. This is a chance for Sega to continue the NiGHTS phenomenon. If they mess up, will we all turn our backs on the entire NiGHTS universe and go away? I don't think so.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
As someone with limited experience of the original and thus a much lesser tie to it (but still a big fan) Im pretty certain Ill enjoy NiGHTS 2. I look forward to this game with greater anticipation each passing day, and honestly just the way Iizuka-san has described the game, Im about 99% sure Ill enjoy the hell out of it regardless of how it ends up. For one thing, they cant really mess up as bad as Sonic because there arent manyp laces a blindspot could get you into trouble for one thing, and no pitfalls to keep fallingf into and dying. sure there are enemies and htings, but Im pretty confident that the game will be incredibly enjoyable. Iizuka just has his heart far too set on making this game great for him to allow it to be terrible.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
As a response to Aura's comments on Cream and Elise being pointless characters: VERY, very true, however, I don't particularly see any need for Shadow or Rouge either.

There was also something said about Sonic Heroes camera angles...I didn't notice anything wrong with them, except perhaps on the bingo stage.

Back to the relevent heading...

It is of course a time of much unrest across the NiGHTS community. There's truely not a NiGHTS fan who can keep sane at the developing news.
Everyone seems to be distressing over each detail, will the kids return, which bosses are back. Here come my depthy thoughts:

Regarding the kids: It would be cool to see them back, but lets face it people. They weren't exactly important, as far as stoylines go, they were two kids who both had dreams to do well and the courage to attempt to achieve them...thats not exactly hard to replace in the land of fictional characters. Also, whilst controlling the kids, half the time you would run straight into NiGHTS, the other half you just run about from the alarm clock, which is again, not quite one in a million.

Regarding the bosses: Its true, a lot of the old bosses were cool, but its been reported that there will be 7 levels and the patchwork Puffy is new, so they can't all be kept. Personally I see this as a bit of a plus, playing the same bosses from the first would be unchallenging, as more than half the people here have practiced lots on the bosses and would also be a bit boring...why would you fly through these new landscapes and prettiness and such to fight a familiar old face. Some of the big names have been said to remain, namely Wizeman and Reala, which makes perfect sense, since Reala is sort of his arch-rival and Wizeman is the almighty brain behind the whole Nightmaren squad.
Now perhaps mixing it up a little, reguiring you to take on two bosses at once, for example, having to take down Jackle whilst avoiding Gillwing flying around the zone, would be an awesome encounter...or mixing Clawz with Gulpo, where Clawz fires the fish that spit you out at you, instead of mice.
Otherwise some new blood is definitely on the cards.

Camera angles: Iizuka said they experimented with free flying and didn't feel as fluent, perhaps hat was due to the camera, or perhaps, not being railed was just too confusing as to where to go next. However, I don't see how camera angles can be a worry at the moment as it is confirmed to be railed again.

To sum up, I'm not particularly too bothered about what is kept and what is gone, so long as the ideas are the same. Rather, I'm looking forward to what new things the game has to offer. After all, I've waited all these years for a sequal, not a remake. (Don't get me a wrong, a remake would be awesome too. ^^)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
actually, with each passing day as I find out little tidbits about this game and hear peoples take on it, Im getting more and more and more excited. SEriously I think I mention this game EVERY day to friends and family and theyre probably sick of it by now XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users