Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hacking PS2 NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.
I believe charlie said he was working on that.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Here is the video in case you miss it on the NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2 Thread

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mWwQGR7sk

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Nice Halloween screens on the other thread, charlie! Not sure how much more I want to 'hack' this thing now that halloween is out of the water, but if someone has a specific interest in something, I'd still help out.

Yeah, I feel the same way Neo. Not sure if there is really anything left to hack.

Hey! Don't give up now!

I actually have a request. I've been trying to do things by myself but I haven't a clue what I'm doing... It's been bothering me since I started playing NiD... I know the image and texture files are coded in a very weird way, however I'm really fixed on trying to see Jackle's cards. I'm dieing to know if there are really patterns on them or what.

I have an ISO of the PS2 NiGHTS CD but I haven't a clue how to open PAT01.AFS file or anything. At least on the original Sega Saturn Disc there were .bin files I could mess around with... but with this PS2 image I don't have a clue how to get to ANYTHING.

So, in short, Any help with finding out what Jackle's cards look like would be most appreciated. I don't know what I can do but I'm defiantly willing to do it if it means putting my mind at rest.

Another thing, The fact that sonic.sfd is on the disc at all makes me wonder if something was left in, not because they were too lazy to take it out but like the Halloween thing.... it has a specific date for being triggered. There are still three more "coming Soon" images on the website so it' possible one of them is Sonic?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Another thing, The fact that sonic.sfd is on the disc at all makes me wonder if something was left in, not because they were too lazy to take it out but like the Halloween thing.... it has a specific date for being triggered. There are still three more "coming Soon" images on the website so it' possible one of them is Sonic?

Well, it's been stated that the SONIC.SFD file is just the video of the Sonic Team logo, sorry.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

however I'm really fixed on trying to see Jackle's cards.

YES SECONDED.

Ages ago me and DB tried to take screenshots of them in motion specificly to get the card images (because there ARE images) but screencaps are a bit poo. Seeing the texture files would be brilliant.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Images of Jackle's cards = I am excited.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Well, it's been stated that the SONIC.SFD file is just the video of the Sonic Team logo, sorry.

yes, I realized that shortly after posting that. Sorry.

YES SECONDED.

Ages ago me and DB tried to take screenshots of them in motion specificly to get the card images (because there ARE images) but screencaps are a bit poo. Seeing the texture files would be brilliant.

I did the same thing. But as you said, poo. Also Jackle's cards seem to face AWAY form NiGHTS when thrown. Hmmm. I'll try to find textures. I still have no idea wtf im doing but who knows.

Thanks, charlie for the info, btw. It helped a lot.

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.

I have an ISO of the PS2 NiGHTS CD but I haven't a clue how to open PAT01.AFS file or anything. At least on the original Sega Saturn Disc there were .bin files I could mess around with... but with this PS2 image I don't have a clue how to get to ANYTHING.

To extract AFS files, use AFS Explorer.
The latest version is available from here: http://www.pesboards...thread.php?t=87

I was planning on doing some texture extraction this weekend because that friend of mine that knows way too much about this stuff will be around. I was planning on trying to get the images that Kentilan took screenshots of, but they look so good I'd probably just be wasting my time. Instead I'll try to find the card texture and see what I come up with.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
That would be awesome!! I'm so very lost with these PS2 files. At least on the Saturn I knew what was where or had a better idea of it.

I agree about the screen shots. If you and your friend find a way to see those freaking texture files without them being distorted then I could die happy. lol

Good luck, and thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users