Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nintendo Power reveals Sonic & The Black Knight

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
[*edit This has been fully confirmed] If you remember a month ago Nintendo Power said they were going to reveal something next month. Well a image of the cover leaked and shows this new Sonic game.

Posted Image

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49800

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
OHGODNO! D:

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A HOAX! PLEEEEAAAASE!!! D:

Seriously, Sonic =/= sword fighting.

If I weren't laughing so hard right now, I'd be scared.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I am still waiting for a full confirm on this but so far this looks like it is for real.

I do share your feelings on this too trust me.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
.......... Shadow and a gun simply wasn't good enough was it. Of all the things to "go medieval" on, Sonic is not one of them. FAIL.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
*Facepalms and head bleeds*

Where is your God now guys?!

This has to be a joke though right?!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! maybe because of the bad title it might have a reverse effect and the game might be good or sega is finnaly telling us that this sonic game is bad *like every sonic game after 2001*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
What.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
ROFL

Uh, I've been a subscriber of Nintendo Power for about six or seven years now. I get issues like, three months in advance, and I haven't seen this. My eyes are peeled...for lulz.

*goes to check mail*

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
I must say, the graphics look ZWEET...
BUT
*kneels* PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEGA!!!! DON'T DO THIS!!!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
People. We heard from Sega man ArchAngel this evening. He said something along the lines of 'DiGi will hate another Sonic game'....i'm presuming this is what he was talking about.

This is real. As real as the air you breathe.

.....and being honest.....i really don't know what to say anymore.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
The air I'm breathing better not be real, then.

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Dear Sega,

Let him commit sepuku with that sword. Please.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Lol whut?

No wai.

>_<

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
All the fanbois/girls will think "ooo, cool! Sonikku with a sword!" and go out and buy this thing upon release not actualy thinking deep into how far Sega have gone with the sheer amount of gimmicks they can plaster all over their number one character. First werehogs and now......i mean, what the f*** is this? Zelda clones? Is Sonic gonna be walking around dungeons? How out of character must you make him before he loses any remaining credibility, Sega?

Before long i wouldn't be surprised if Sega made Sonic stop 'running' altogether.

*shakes head*

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
THIS is why I'm so glad NiGHTS isn't their #1 guy.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Man alive! Sonic is turning into some sort of hedgehog version of Charlie Brown: "Everything I touch gets ruined." We feel for you Sonic. You may never kick the football, but at least you can...swing a sword... Hold it. This cannot be legal. We do not know what kind of game it is yet, but I really do not know whether this is a good idea or not. Who am I kidding? This idea is terrible. I knew that Sega had a backup plan in case Sonic Unleashed failed. This, though, I was not expecting.

Or wanting, really.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Dear Sega,

Let him commit sepuku with that sword. Please.

That made me lol and my grandparetns were wondering what was wrong. XD

Sadly there are those telling me not to freak out and be judgmental. This could be a GREAT thing. Yeah f*!*ing right.

Next Sonic will get a magic wand and start casting spells because magic is cool! Or he gets a space ship and goes around blasting things. Either way, Sonic is going down into a giant pit of fail.

Veggie

Veggie

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
WTH Sonic, only Tails is allowed a sword and armour.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
No..no..no...

no..

why.. what..

jeez, if it's not one stupid gimmick it's another. Why must the person or persons who think giving Sonic a sword is a clever idea actually work at Sega?
And would anyone agree that the concept of Chaos Control has been vastly underutilized?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Looks like another rumor going around is that this is a sequel to Secret Rings and this is therefore a spin off....

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Posted Image

Yes Arguecat, this is why.....

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I keep waiting for it...but no one's said it yet, so I might as well:

SONIC

MAH BOIIIIIIII

'cause I mean, it's a joke, right? ...right? oh god...it's not, is it?

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
We have no details on this game yet, the sword could just be a McGuffin (this game is real). If it turns out that it's an important mechanic throughout game play, My reaction isn't so much "OMFG terrible" so much as "Why, exactly, can't they just make a new IP for this?", which reminds me, when was the last time Sega made a new IP?

Ad please don't pretend like the existence of this game somehow makes other Sonic games worse (Unleashed is looking like it's at least SA1 quality at this time).

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

We have no details on this game yet, the sword could just be a McGuffin (this game is real). If it turns out that it's an important mechanic throughout game play, My reaction isn't so much "OMFG terrible" so much as "Why, exactly, can't they just make a new IP for this?", which reminds me, when was the last time Sega made a new IP?

Ad please don't pretend like the existence of this game somehow makes other Sonic games worse (Unleashed is looking like it's at least SA1 quality at this time).

It's not really the quality of the game that I'm worried about. It's just that when you throw in things like werewolves and swords, Sonic games just cease to be Sonic games, you know?

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.
I have cried my last tear for Sega...

I decided to become a game developer because of what Sega inspired in me. I vow to one day create my own video game company that brings back that certain pizazz that Sega seems to have dropped so violently. (It's like they're torturing their own creation.. :( )

The only way I'd ever revive faith in Sega is if:
1. New Samba kicks major ass.
2. That underlying group of disappointed interns revolts. (Assuming, of course, that this group exists)
3. Sega buys my future company.

I wish Sega would just come up with a series to test these game changes on, rather than have Sonic as their little guinea pig.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

I wish Sega would just come up with a series to test these game changes on, rather than have Sonic as their little guinea pig.

Agreed.

Sonic gameplay - Sega's doing it wrong!

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
*is in tears, laughing...*

oh my god...
this is just so utterly ludicrous... i dont know a better word to fit this...

(my stomach is starting to hurt now...)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

"Why, exactly, can't they just make a new IP for this?", which reminds me, when was the last time Sega made a new IP?

Those are the exact same words i said before falling asleep lastnight. Why don't they just leave Sonic the hell alone for a while and y'know CREATE SOMETHING ORIGINAL AND NEW.
It's like watching your favourite nephew being tied to a car by his shoelaces and being dragged the length of America.

SonicTeam seriously just need to make something NEW and leave the Sonic games the hell alone for a long time. He may be the company mascot but right now theyre making SEGA synonomous with OH GOD THAT HEDGEHOG AGAIN. It feels horrible to watch.
Is SEGA going through some kind of weird teenage self harm phase or something?

It's not until you compare JoD with the recent Sonic games you realise how actualy GOOD IT WAS. Thank god for small miracles.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
This game could play wonderfuly. It could have fluid movement, it could have amazing features, it could be an awesome game ...and i won't give two shits about it because they have ruined his character completely.

Spin-Off? Is that what they're calling this? Fantastic. Great. It's a spin-off. That means it's not going to ruin his rep at all. Of course. How silly of me to think otherwise.
Let me tell you all who are using the excuse that this is a "spin-off" ..Sega care not for spin-offs. As far as they're concerned they can get away with murder on this poor character. To them they see no spin-off, they see gimmicks and bullshit and they're just pulling pieces of paper out of a hat to see what they can do with Sonic next. They don't care the whole world is laughing at their mascot these days and that makes me sad. Bastards.
This game, the game after that and the next 20 games could all be spin-offs but at the end of the day they are ruining his character and what made him so popular to begin with. People who once held Sonic games in high-regard now give him scores and ratings bellow of what he used to get when he was...ya know...just Sonic.

"Sonic needs to try new things" - no, Sonic doesn't need to try new things. Sonic was fine before they started making him try new things. What Sega need to do is if they really want to try new things CREATE ANOTHER BLOODY FRANCHISE AND QUIT THROWING THE sh!t ONTO THE HEDGEHOG.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
To tell the truth, I might consider getting this...the gameplay and stuff looks just too good to pass up!
DON'T SCREAM AT ME AND THROW BRICKS!!!!
*ducks and covers ears*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

It doesn't make other Sonic games look worse it makes them look better. Thats their plan. Keep bringing out the terrible and have us say, "Well this sucks. The game before that was a lot more fun to play!"

Hell, I am holding SA2 in much higher regard now due to all this. Yeah it had shitty camera angles and everything but the running stages annoyed me(Well no, the camera in those stages killed a lot of things there.)....but it was a hell of a lot better than this stuff. If this turns out worse than Shadow The Hedgehog, I will cry.

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.

It's like watching your favourite nephew being tied to a car by his shoelaces and being dragged the length of America.

That is the most accurate/disturbing metaphor I have every read. :(

The more I think about this, the more it feels like Sega is trying to push a new character with every game, you know?

It's like this:
You create a character and his first game sucks.
So you add a gun. Still sucks.
How about an airboard? Sucks more.
Teen wolf! That's hip these days! Will probably suck really badly.
Hmm.. SWORD! They like swords! Character dies, fans die.

HOWEVER, Sonic has been established and popular for EVER. Can't Sega see that the real way to make money is to, oh, I don't know, stick with what made him so freakin' popular nearly twenty years ago??

Sega did a great job by making such a timeless character in Sonic, yet they attempt to make him 'hip' by throwing fads at him, which REALLY angers me.

Any chance we can get Sonic Team to read this thread?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I have a lot of things to say but since this is a friendly forum I'll refrain from an extremely vulgar post. All I'm going to say is I am sad.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute.

How come no one's said anything about the fact that the cover said that CHRONO TRIGGER was gonna be back yet?! =O

*coughbackonsubjectcough*

Hmmmm... I wonder when the petitions to cancel this game are gonna start? >_>

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I'm not even gonna bother relaying Sonic information here any more. I get what you're all saying, and, believe it or not, I was skeptical too. But judging from just one picture....

Whilst I like these forums, I'm just not going to talk about Sonic here. Whoever wants to update the threads can, I'm not going to.

Please Sega... Sonic said he would never use a weapon.

This time... I agree...

For now.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
The Werehog I can dismiss. Shadow with a gun? Doesn't bother me, because I didn't get the game. Although that's horrific in itself. Air boards? First game, meh, second game, pretty good, IMHO. This, however... For me, there's been a gun to Sonic's head for a while now. If this turns out to be true, the trigger will have been pulled.
Oh, and the genies. Gameplay: Step in the right direction as you level up, if a bit iffy on the controls themselves. Storyline: Two steps in the wrong direction. Although I did like the theme song.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

The Werehog I can dismiss. Shadow with a gun? Doesn't bother me, because I didn't get the game. Although that's horrific in itself. Air boards? First game, meh, second game, pretty good, IMHO. This, however... For me, there's been a gun to Sonic's head for a while now. If this turns out to be true, the trigger will have been pulled.
Oh, and the genies. Gameplay: Step in the right direction as you level up, if a bit iffy on the controls themselves. Storyline: Two steps in the wrong direction. Although I did like the theme song.

I think that trigger was pulled ages ago. We're not looking at Sonic anymore. We're just looking at a little kid in a costume.

Oh yeah... and why the hell are there two Sonic games coming out? We only need one at the moment.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
This wouldn't be due til next year anyway, right?

The only thing I can hope for for this is it being like a Sequel-type-thing to SatSR, but set in Arthurian lgend. It'd explain the sword and all that jazz, and give it the excuse of being like a dream or something.

But that's my overly hopeful opinion. Knowing Sega....

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
Quick off-topic-ness

Waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute.

How come no one's said anything about the fact that the cover said that CHRONO TRIGGER was gonna be back yet?! =O

It was announced already, and there are a few trailers out.

http://media.ds.ign....600/vids_1.html

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Quick off-topic-ness

It was announced already, and there are a few trailers out.

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14263600/vids_1.html

Oh. =O *didn't know that*

Thank you~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users