Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wall E

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Oh my goodness. I love Pixar films, but this is by far the best one. It is so awesomely cute( I don't use it lightly, that's not in my nature). I love the frequent hand holding moments. Visually, I actually think they took a step back from Ratatouille, but it's all the better for it because it looks more... something that gives it a very different feel, more like Cars or Toy Story. Wall E is just an all round adorable film and I can't quite explain how totally awesome it is.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I would have to agree about it being Pixar's best! Although the ending is perhaps too upbeat, that is to be expected from a Disney film. I think it really shows that a CGI-animated movie can be more than a great CGI-animated movie but a general GREAT MOVIE.

It also goes to tell a science fiction story that is closer to literary science fiction (about exploring the nature of humanity, generally) as opposed to typical movie science fiction (about lasers, explosions, and aliens who make explosions with their lasers).

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
What is this movie about? I keep hearing people mentioning it online...
I'm figuring it'll be a year or something before it comes to the UK.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
It's about Wall E, the last Wall E actually. They're a type of robot that was left on earth to clean it up, because it got so bad that humans couldn't live there anymore. The humans were put on a giant cruise ship that was only supposed to be away for five years, but operation "clean up" on earth failed so they've been out there for about 700 years. The ship has been sending probe robots, called EVE, to search for signs of life on earth so that they can come back. Wall E falls in love with one of these EVEs.

... I think saying any more would be giving too much away.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Sounds cute :3

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

What is this movie about? I keep hearing people mentioning it online...
I'm figuring it'll be a year or something before it comes to the UK.

I really doubt it, since it'll be released in France at the end of this month.
According to Wikipedia, this movie will be released in the UK on July 18.

Anyway, this sounds cute. I think I'll go and watch it.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
If you really want to know, this movie scared the crap out of me (I still loved it). The earth was just so... messed up in the movie! And unfortunately, we may be heading for that, in my opinion. This movie is the thing that is just about forcing me to intern at Pixar when I'm older. :blink:
Oh yeah, and I also loved how they were able to tell the story almost entirely without words. Gives it a slight open - ended - ness.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Oh, this movie was delight on a stick! I loved it so much! My dad fell asleep during it though just like he did when he took me to see Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie when I was younger. Hmph. Of course HE wanted to go see Iron Man. I loved it though. It was cute and hilarious. I liked the little clean up bot who was following Wall-E around through the whole movie XD

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
It wasn't my favorite of Pixar's movies, but I liked it a lot. I'm with Rhapsody, a lot of the images creeped me out, especially the one scene at the beginning where they pass a silent wind farm almost piled to the mills with garbage.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I saw this movie yesterday. It was great! :) It made my brothers, Mom, and I laugh. I liked how simple the beginning was. Few words, just gestures and sounds that let you clearly know what the characters were thinking and feeling. I almost cried...not in the end, but in the beginning. Wall-E was so lonely... :( The state of the Earth was a little exaggerated, but it's a movie, so it's to be expected. Overall, though, it was very cute and sweet, with a conflict later on that gave it a good plot besides Wall-E's attempts to get EVE's affections.

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Oh yeah, and I also loved how they were able to tell the story almost entirely without words. Gives it a slight open - ended - ness.

That was one of my favorite parts of the whole movie. People knew exactly what was going on without excessive dialogue, and without getting lost. Also, the live-action incorporations worked out a lot better than I thought they would. Especially a young, non-Phantom'd Michael Crawford performing Hello Dolly (the movie that Wall-E is completely obsessed about...it plays a role in itself throughout the movie) :)

There were also plenty of in-jokes and things in the movie that would keep adults interested, like most Pixar movies do nowadays. I think my dad and I were the only people in the theather laughing at the 2001 references. Everyone else was either too young or not as geeky as we were. (Shame!)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Saw it the other day.. I better not see Wall E lose to Kung Fu Panda or something come Oscar time. I still don't fully understand how Happy Feet beat Cars.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

I think my dad and I were the only people in the theather laughing at the 2001 references. Everyone else was either too young or not as geeky as we were. (Shame!)

Either that or they were sick of seeing 2001 references in what feels like every comedy movie or TV show. :)

Saw it the other day.. I better not see Wall E lose to Kung Fu Panda or something come Oscar time. I still don't fully understand how Happy Feet beat Cars.

I suspect the Oscars are rigged anyways. I still don't fully understand how Paprika didn't even get nominated last year.

Masterweaver

Masterweaver

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
There's an ongoing Science of WALL-E project going on at the WALL-E forum. Also, a segment on WALL-E's accomplishments. Fact is, WALL-E is a cultural icon.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT, YOU ARE A FOOL.

WALL-E is better then Frodo. I have said it.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
4 words: BEST. PIXAR. MOVIE. EVER.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

4 words: BEST. PIXAR. MOVIE. EVER.

I wouldn't doubt it!

I was watching some of the behind the scenes stuff on the sound design of it, and then my neighbor and I had a field day trying to recreate the devices. Eve's laser gun? A metal slinky, suspended from a ladder, with one end shoved through a tiny hold in a recycling can lid (with the recycling bin below it, of course). We rigged up a mic too,and got something pretty similar!

But the fact that there was hardly any dialogue and that you were still completely captivated is extremely impressive, in my mind.

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
I saw WALL-E with my friend and I really enjoyed it although it sort of went a little down hill for me when the humans came in but apart from that it was a good movie.

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
I went and saw it with my mom a couple of months ago, closer to when it first came out.
Absolutely beautiful.
It got onto touchy subjects like robot relationships (yes, I just read Chobits again), the planet's deteriorating state, and mankind's slipping domination over himself.
And at the end, mom says to me, "Sure, I like how it was pointing out that mankind's on a path to ruination- but it doesn't say how to fix it."
Au contraire, dear mater. The credits are that vital key, but I don't think she realized that. Oh well, her loss.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I thought the credits were too optimistic for my liking.

In my ideal ending, the humans would land on Earth and the gravity would crush them. They lie pressed against the ground, unable to move, and slowly starve to death. During the credits, WALL-E compresses their corpses. The bugs inherit the earth.
(This is why I don't work for Pixar.)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hooray, Oscar win confirmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users