Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Human or Vampire

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Okay, a friend and I got into a heated debate about nothing of any importance. We were on complete opposite sides of the spectrum and very passionate about our positions. I want your take on it. Pretty simple really. If you had the option to be a Vampire, with no strings attached, would you join the ranks of the undead or would you vouch to remain with the living? Your reasoning would be great too.

Oh, and I'm not locking you into any one type of Vampire. Choose any kind you like.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
By undead, you mean other vampires, right?

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I'd become a vampire under two conditions:

1. If it gave me the ability to fly.

2. And if it gave me the ability to shape-shift to some extent. :(

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Any chick that has read Twilight will tell you they want to be a vampire and their crush is Edward Cullen (or something like that, I dunno.)

I'm pretty much fond of any species that is NOT human. just call me a 51st century kind of gal <3 But vampires are just too human to me to merit any kind of preference of one over the other. But if I had to choose, I'd be a half-vampire, half-human--a Damphyr. Specifically? BloodRayne. Oh...but that means I'd be against both evil humans and evil vampires.

Well sh!t, that wasn't very helpful, was it? lol.

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'd rather be a human. I never really understood the appeal of vampires. Besides, most vampire stories I've read come with tons more gloom and doom than what's already in my life, I don't need that o~o

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'd rather be human. Vampires are eternal and hell, that'd get depressing over time. They can't go out at daylight and they'd better stay clear from any exploding trees because god forbid any pieces of wood touch your heart (dumbest f'n weakness known to folklore if you ask me).

Besides, the Belmonts are total badasses.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I'd be a vampire. I'm already basically undead anyway. I sit in my nice dark room all day, I consider sunlight to be God's way of hating me, I like my meat rare, my skin is paler than any human's skin should have a right to be.

But damned if I don't eat garlic on goddamned everything.

Anyway, being a bloodsucking killer would be fun. I get to scare kids on Halloween and I don't have to shell out the forty bucks for a costume!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
As powerful as Vampires are....I do not like the idea of drinking blood. I like to eat normal food.
I don't want to sleep in a coffin, I don't want to feel cold all the time, and I sure as hell don't want to be restricted to night time. There are a million other things vampires have wrong with them too. I would not want to live extra longer either. Great idea, I get to suffer even longer before I can have my naturally caused (In other words, not suicide) eternal rest? Gee....Life is great and all but not great enough that I want to live THAT long.

The ONLY thing I like about being a vampire would be the eternal youth deal. But its not worth it.

Human for me.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
as much as i would like to stay up at night and fly,i would like to stay human,first off,i cant be even awake at day,and all i could eat and drink would be blood *and that probaly doesnt taste good* so i'd rather be a human then a vampire *but that doesnt mean im human >:lol: *

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
While we're at it... what ever happened to the Nosferatu-type vampires? I certainly prefer those to the Edward Cullen and Bella Lugosi's Dracula types. D:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Put some vampire teeth on Gerard Butler and you have the ultimate vampire.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Coincidentally I am currently reading I Am Legend.

Anyway, I would want to be a human. I don't like the idea of having to sleep for over half the day. Eight hours is enough, bumping that to 12 or so would make me feel wasteful. I also like the idea of eating a variety of things. Do you know how boring it would be to live only on one type of food? PRETTY DULL (even if it is blood). I also am fond of garlic and enjoy being able to look at myself in the mirror when shaving. If I really wanted to be super-strong I could just exercise more and if I wanted fangs I would hang out at Hot Topic.

On the other hand, Christopher Lee was freaking awesome as Dracula in the old Hammer films. And Nosferatu (Graf Orlock) is cool in a totally creepy way? I think I would rather be friends with Orlock than to actually be him though. So I guess if I could be Christopher Lee-style Dracula and could hang out with other famous vampires like Count Chocula, Graf Orlock, or Varney, being a vampire would be fun.
If nothing else I would have enough time to read all the books I ever could?

On a side note, I've actually played in a Vampire LARP (Live Action Role Playing game) before. It was not actually much fun.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
You know, I have always ALWAYS been interested in vampires and stuff. But being one? I dunno...

PROS:
Imortality
Heightened Healing/Strength
Shapeshifting
Eternal Youth

CONS:
No reflection? I wouldnt be able to stare at my beautiful face for hours on end? NO WAY MAN.
Blood tastes like what pennies smell like...Nevermind.
My skin would be a clammy white, ew
You would have to be a vampire for halloween every year. COME ON. Where's the originality in that?
No Sunlight? I would want to go to the beach sometimes..

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

I'd be a vampire. I'm already basically undead anyway. I sit in my nice dark room all day, I consider sunlight to be God's way of hating me, I like my meat rare, my skin is paler than any human's skin should have a right to be.

But damned if I don't eat garlic on goddamned everything.

Anyway, being a bloodsucking killer would be fun. I get to scare kids on Halloween and I don't have to shell out the forty bucks for a costume!

Dang... that pretty much sums up my life... minus vid. games and snowboarding... and pizza... I like mah pizza...

let's see... vamp. or hume?... tough one...
on one hand I'm not too fond of human society... thus my time indoors...
on the other hand vampires are subject to millions of gay jokes and sucking on another guy's neck isn't very appealing to me...
remember that hair you tend to get in your mouth while your eating your food then you pull it out thinking "Where the hell did this come from!?" that's probably a frequent occurrence with a vampire...
I was not aware that there were different "types" of vampires but I guess I'll roll with it... anyone play Blood Omen?
I guess I would like to be that "type" of vampire so I can simply magically pull the blood out of the body no mouth-to-neck contact necessary! Minus the major makeover that leaves Kain looking like a prune in the other Legacy of Kain games...

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
By "no strings attached" do you mean

no need for blood of weakness to sunlight? I couldn't give up the sun.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Heh. I had a vampire phase as a teen, but now, not really. I wouldn't pick human, but I wouldn't pick vampire either. If I had been created/born as a vampire, it works. But being a human turned into a vampire, well, physical body or not, the mind is still human, so living for nearly eternity will wreck havoc on the mind. (Thus resulting in all the uber angst that had become synonymous with vampires these days.)

If I had been asked this six or seven years ago, I would have said vampire in a heartbeat. XD But now, I'm more of a sentient robotic lifeform/alien species person. *joins MD in the 51st century lovers corner*

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Any chick that has read Twilight will tell you they want to be a vampire and their crush is Edward Cullen (or something like that, I dunno.)

Edward Cullen is an idiot. I don't understand why that series is so popular, and I read it multiple times to try and figure out why.

Anyway. I'd be a vampire, most definitely. It wouldn't take much time for me to get used to it (I'm already mostly nocturnal...) and heck, if I can land a steady job as a vampire like The Count from Sesame Street, with the only requirements being daily demonstrations of my knowledge of the numbers 0 through 20 with dancing, talking bats, I'd be all over it.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I choose human. Aside from not liking the taste of blood, wanting my reflection, being able to walk in the sun and so on... I really don't want to be immortal. Unless you're killed everyone else will die before you. No thanks.

I don't understand why that series is so popular, and I read it multiple times to try and figure out why.

From what I heard? They're so bad they become funny. And now I have an excuse to link this.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Oh yes, the awesome that is Shinga's summary! XD

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

From what I heard? They're so bad they become funny. And now I have an excuse to link this.

That just made my whole day. :blink:
A friend gave me a shirt with the phrase "Team Edward" on it from the Twilight club from high school. Maybe I should put duct tape over the "Edward" and write "Dracula" or some other vampire on the tape and wear it around just to tick them off.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Even though being a vampire does mean having eternal life, having a lot of strength and the ability to recover from almost any injury, I don't think I'd want to be one. First, I wouldn't want to be nearly immortal, even though you could live forever, the people who you are close to aren't. So you'll just be around while your family, friends, pets, Digimon, and Pokemon die. Second would be the blood drinking thing, I can't say that I like the taste of my own blood, so it would be eternal torture to have to drink other people's. But at the same time, humans tend to be difficult to deal with and can be blood-thirsty psychos in their own right. Great, I was rambling again...

But for all of its faults, I'll have to go with humans.

Minimanasama

Minimanasama

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS of course!<br />Visual Kei,<br />Guitar, Bass, and Piano,<br />Computers-Software Hardware and Programming,<br />Martial Arts<br />and /b/ =]
yea becoming a vampire would be sweet, call me sick or w/e but im quite fond of the taste of blood whenever i get any accidental cuts scrapes w/e and i have no problem only living at night, and knowing my friends i wouldn't live forever as they perished cuz i knew they would want to be turned into one as well ^.^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users