Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What instument do you think Reala would play?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I can see him playing a saxophone or an air guitar.

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests
Air guitar, definetly.

I can see him just wailing on it. XDD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Saxophone is reserved for Jackle in my case.

For Reala..You know, I wanna say invisi-guitar, but he's not that kind of bad guy to me....I'd say an evil, mind-controlling invisi-harp. Not like..A girly harp, though, no. >:3

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
A lute. An EVIL lute.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

I'd say an evil, mind-controlling invisi-harp. Not like..A girly harp, though, no. >:3

I second this motion. (how can a harp be girly if it's invisible?)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I keep thinking some kind of piano, but I know ya'll're thinking 'but it's not portable!! D: '. I second the motion of the sax being exclusive to Jackle, because it's the prominent instrument in his song (well... it has its own solo-bit), and that's the same reason I think Reala's instrument of choice would be a piano. Although air guitar does have its attraction.

To be sorta-off-topic, anyone else think Wizeman would play the organ hands-down?

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Someone beat me to it but I would say air guitar too just like Klavier from Apollo Justice. :o

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
You know, I once imagined that since NiGHTS played an instrument, Reala could sing along with it :o

Otherwise I agree, air guitar.
Or a piano.

Minn

Minn

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Air gituar seems like the obvious choice, but just to add variety I'll say he might play a Shakuhachi.
Yes, it's a kind of flute, but it's usually much deeper and breathier than any other flute. Usually it's played for meditational uses so it's veeeeery slow, but it can be played fairly fast for a nice sound. However they take a good amount of skill to even play.
{Here's a sample of how it sounds, accompanied by a Shamisen.
}

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I say a lute or a small harp. I don't know it just seems right to me.

ViCE

ViCE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, yaoi, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, theatre, CATS, StEx, Phantom of the Opera (Book &amp; ALW Musical), art, cosplay, writing
Hmmm... I actually second the harp idea.

Why do i have images of him playing an invisiable violin?

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Hm. I thought that I was the only person who thinks that Jackle plays the Saxophone.

Any ways, I think that Reala would play the trumpet, french horn. or cornet because I've always seen brass instruments as being opposite to woodwinds. And since NiGHTS plays a woodwind, and they are rivals...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Chalkboard :B

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Chalkboard :B

To me that fits Jackle a lot more :lol:

I imagine the The BC Rich Son of Beast electric guitar.

A link for your viewing pleasure:
Posted Image
It fits his old character model a lot more though.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Old design-guitar
New design-saxophone (mardi gras...new orleans....sax....yeah :lol:)

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.
Hmm.. Since Reala is like the uber-manly version of NiGHTS... then he'd have to play the uber-manly version of the flute.

Which, of course, is the DIDGERIDOO.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
You just inspired my fan art for years to come, NeoScriptor.

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.
Haha, that's kind of disturbing.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Hmm.. Since Reala is like the uber-manly version of NiGHTS... then he'd have to play the uber-manly version of the flute.

I'd just like you to know how much this made me laugh. I'm a fanatic about aboriginal Australia. (now that I think about it, those facial markings...HMMMM...)

...isn't a didgeridoo more like a clarinet, though? More than a flute, anyway...

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
I'm glad it made you laugh. I went to Australia a few years back, one of the greatest experiences of my life. Not to go too far off topic...but since the didgeridoo doesn't have a reed, I think it's more like a flute.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.

but since the didgeridoo doesn't have a reed, I think it's more like a flute.

More off-topic wading.. but didgeridoos are more like a combination of flute+clarinet.
You play them the same style you would a reeded instrument, where you purse your lips together to get that elephanty-blowy sound (best way I can think to describe it). There's a trick to playing 'em.. my buddies and I make our own didgs out of PVC. lots of fun.

Back on topic, I don't really see Reala as the type to sit down and learn an instrument. Air guitar, perhaps. Those pointy fingers would be good for plucking strings.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Ooh, yes, I forgot. A violin would suit him, yes. :3

Minn

Minn

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Ohohoh, I changed my mind.

He would totally play a bass. Base. Whatever. Those thing that are like Cello's but only bigger.

Dun-dun-un-dun-un-dun-dun.

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I keep thinking some kind of piano, but I know ya'll're thinking 'but it's not portable!! D: '. I second the motion of the sax being exclusive to Jackle, because it's the prominent instrument in his song (well... it has its own solo-bit), and that's the same reason I think Reala's instrument of choice would be a piano. Although air guitar does have its attraction.

To be sorta-off-topic, anyone else think Wizeman would play the organ hands-down?

Yes, I can see him playing an organ especially one with huge pipes.

That's an interesting choice but wouldn't that mean that Sonic Team would try to dub in a fake Australian accent instead of a British one?

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
Good Point. So this leads us to the all important question: What is the British equivalent of the didgeridoo? THAT is what Reala would play.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
The accordion. They can actually produce a really cool sound and I can easily imagine him producing all sorts of goth-accordion songs?

As a side note I think Jackle would play the electric kazoo and Wizeman would play the glass armonica (both are real instruments by the way).

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Violin, hands down. Elegeant but with the possiblity of high extreme registers that chill the spine when played fast. Think the Devil's Trill by Tartini (the song played on Yami no Matsuei in the violin arc). Or Lestat from Queen of the Damned. Also if you've seen the movie Red Violin, you'll notice the violin's can be seductive, but seductive is not necessarily good. It's just a more sinister instrument. I find woodwinds elegant/cute/childish, brass cocky/loud/regal, percussion arrogant, strings sinister/melancholy. I was a music major in university so i can go more in depth but rather not confuse the mass :blink:

Now if Wizeman played an instrument....piano :P or just conductor as he orchestrates the baddies. Jackle has Tenor sax. Not small like an ALto, but nice and jazzy and big, but not big like a baritone.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
For those who are suggesting violins, check out these bad boys. I want one so bad.

Good Point. So this leads us to the all important question: What is the British equivalent of the didgeridoo? THAT is what Reala would play.

b...bagpipes. Yeah, I know it's not British, but it's close...and I can't think of any specifically British instruments. *fail*

*is going to get her ass kicked by the UK folk*

>>

<<

Imagining Reala playing the invisi-didgeridoo or invisi-bagpipes are equally brain-breaking hilarious though.

marymont

marymont

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Video games, animation, music arranging, &amp; parody
Reala + Violin = "Devil went down to Georgia"
Then NiGHTS can turn into a violin for Helen to play and they can battle it out Charlie Daniels style

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I agree that a harp would probably work with Reala, but I was sort of thinking of him playing either an ocarina or even *I will get stoned to death for this* a sitar.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
I can see him playing a Gibson 61 Reissue SG Electric Guitar This is what it looks like
or a harp like the one Sheik has from OoT but the frame would be black and the strings would be red

Segasaturn95

Segasaturn95

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The violin is possibly the most evil sounding instrument if played correctly. I believe that would be perfect to suit the character.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

For those who are suggesting violins, check out these bad boys. I want one so bad.

Imagining Reala playing the invisi-didgeridoo or invisi-bagpipes are equally brain-breaking hilarious though.

Holy crap I want that Hades violin.

Anyway, INVISIBAGPIPES!!!! Whoo!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Air guitar for sure! With me along side him playing an awesome solo!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Guitar would be WAAAAAY to boring and generic. I think a small harp/lute would be better, and calmer. He seemes like the cunning type, not the actiony type.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
Just for the heck of it...

ELECTRIC BANJO!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I can imagine Reala playing something really ominous on a Surbahar. Maybe Sitar.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
I say an electronic guitar suits him. He kinda reminds me of KIZZ for some reason.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
He'd play the BANJO. :D

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I say an electronic guitar suits him. He kinda reminds me of KIZZ for some reason.

KIZZ or KISS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users