Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My views of the current state of JoD/NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hey all

Well I own JoD and I've pretty much enjoyed it despite it's quirks and also that annoying pain in the <buzz> Bomamba (I can still only get a B, and that's my personal best). The thing that gets me is that a lot of people simply take one look and think it's a terrible game and instantly put crap all over NiGHTS, like some tool posted "this game is the most crappest game i've played in my life!!!" (he couldn't spell either) on the JoD Walkthrough on mywii.com.au. And when I go into places like EB, or GAME, JoD is pretty much in the bargain bin.

And to be honest with you, I kind of get embarrased about talking about NiGHTS or even Sonic for that matter to other gamers, because I probably would be laughed at or cop homophobic comments.

I'm wondering, do you also get upset about people putting crap on JoD or even feel embarrased about talking about NiGHTS to other gamers? I do,

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
When JoD was making news all the fans and haters surfaced.. so many comments I read pissed me off. But I'm over it (though I forever lost respect for a few media outlets for ignoring the game). People talk crap about anything and everything, it's annoying but in the end you just ignore it. The only thing is, I feel like I can't recommend JoD to anyone who isn't already familiar with NiGHTS; now I know the feeling of NiGHTS being a 'hardcore game'... A couple friends who aren't serious gamers (i.e., they got a Wii because it's the Wii, know what I mean?) either have or want a Wii, and I just can't lump JoD with games like Brawl or Mario Galaxy. Mainly because not everyone's familiar with NiGHTS like they are with Mario, but I feel like as soon as the first cut scene (ah, there's that phrase again) comes on they'll wonder 'WTF is dis kiddie sh*t' and not care to move on. Honestly I'm embarrassed of those damn cut scenes.

On the other hand, I know the NiGHTS gameplay itself isn't attractive to everyone, there do exist people who didn't like NiD, hard as it is to believe. I don't know what people tend to expect from the game.. BUT, I have the feeling like a lot of people don't like it for the wrong reasons.. like they played it once and gave up before even discovering the true nature of the gameplay (including what I'll call 'A rank gameplay', changing the music..).

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
It's frustrating when people don't give NiGHTS a chance; they simply look at the game and say it's not worth playing. And a lot of people don't play the game long enough to really get hooked, whether its NiD or JoD.

I know when I was first introduced to NiGHTS in NiD it took me about a week to figure out what I was even doing and probably another week to really get hooked and fall in love with it.

Even though a lot of people hate Owl in JoD, I have to give credit to Sega for at least trying to teach people how to play, but I have to agree with viper that people seem to give up before discovering the true nature of the gameplay. I've seen a lot of complaints that it's too hard to get an "A" ranking, but you can't expect to get a perfect score on your first try, just give it some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users