Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What if NiGHTS went on to be extremely popular and Sonic was a only a cult hit?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Lord_Gourri

Lord_Gourri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Imagine if we lived in a world where NiGHTS and Sonic's popularity switched places. What would it be like if NiGHTS was an extremely whored out cash cow with a ton of games while Sonic were to only be a cult hit that only had two games and a Christmas related spinoff? What would you all think of NiGHTS then?

Personally, I'll still like both series, but I'll hate it when they have Jason Griffith voicing NiGHTS!

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Well, the blind fangirl part of me would be in tears from glee. The rest of me would just be in tears XD I don't even care about Sonic, but NiGHTS is one of the most special characters out there. He having a rare game from time to time is great, it makes it an extra special treat to look forward to. But if he went on to be famous instead of Sonic, man... well... now that I think about it, it is NiGHTS duty to protect dreams and give courage and whatnot. To the few people he's touched, he's actually done that. As long as all his games were well-made, hell, this world could be so much better. But if he were made extremely cheap and nothing but an excuse to make money, we'd have a Reala spinoff with him shooting people with guns and then tearing their souls from their bodies. Yeah. Not so good.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
That depends on whether or not they turned NiGHTS from a graceful, lovable dream creature into a crazy rail-grinding COWABUNGA spewing extreme!sports junkie. With all the games Sonic had before he went bad, I would be happy just to see half as many -GOOD- games about NiGHTS, before he went down the sh!t hole that Sonic went down a long time ago. Seems they tried to force NiGHTS down that tube in record time as it is. But anyway, if it was with games that are better than JoD, I think I would still like it. Also taking into consideration my love for Sonic games, even when I know he's pretty much done for. Nostalgia and all..

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
a tough question to be honest. then NiGHTS would get more attention.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Do I have to go over the whole "Ninjas will rule the @*#^ing Earth" thing again? ^^

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
Well, to tell you the truth. It would be nice to have Night's as the main game character that pulls people in, but I'm soo glad it didn't go the way like sonic did because Sonic is starting to fall apart. Overall, the person who orignally made sonic left anyway (not so sure with the team or not). I think Sonic might move downhill soon for some reason. Furthermore, I would like to see a NiGHTS anime someday when more people get into it.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Eeeeeehhh, i dunno...I think that if he was THAT famous, it would just be a liiiitle too much. I like the aspect that it's really just us superfans out there. It's just a cool thing to be part of a small group of NiGHTS fanatics, and not being part of a HUUUGE fanbase (like sonic has.) I mean, it would be nice to have a few more games released more often, but MAKE THEM WELL, WILL YA?! And like Hoban said, FEAR THE REALA SPINOFFS!!! *dies from fright*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
The good: NiGHTS merch would be AVAILABLE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD

The bad: As we all know, look what happened to Sonic in the past few years.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I would be complaining about the game in which you play as Reala with a handgun?
I would probably own a disgustingly large amount of NiGHTS merchandise though. This would make for some happiness.

I don't know it is kind of tough for me to imagine because to me Sonic is always "oldschool mid 90s" and NiGHTS is "the 3D world of the future".

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

Well, to tell you the truth. It would be nice to have Night's as the main game character that pulls people in, but I'm soo glad it didn't go the way like sonic did because Sonic is starting to fall apart. Overall, the person who orignally made sonic left anyway (not so sure with the team or not). I think Sonic might move downhill soon for some reason. Furthermore, I would like to see a NiGHTS anime someday when more people get into it.

Starting? Nah, Sonic already dropped a few notches and has been ripped at the seams. I miss the good old sonic games. SA2 was intens, SH was good, very unique and enjoyable. Anything else Sonic related, yeah, I ranted this once before so I'll stay on topic.

When JOD was released, for SOME reason i thought this was SEGA trying to have a new mascot in NiGHTS (fresh, but a classic character from sonic nintendo hasn't touched), especially with the whole guiness thing a few months back.

If NiGHTS did surpass Sonic, wow, id give up sex, drugs, alcohol, chocolate, teddy bears, tv, internet and anything else that makes life livable and start the 1st church of NiGHTS. Feel free to quote me on this if it ever happens so i can make it so >_>

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
If NiGHTS were top dog... hmmm...

1. This site would fill with annoying creatures known as noobs...
2. NiGHTS will slowly die to the point that even TRiPPY starts to (but not completely) give up on him (NiGHTS turning into Monsters, inc.'s Sully in NiGHTS Unleashed... nuff said)
3. Sonic would probably fly...
4. when you tried to convert someone to liking NiGHTS they spew about how much they hate the purple jester.
5. you would see sonic in every NiGHTS game... but YOU won't know that... YOU will think what is that blue thing? and end up looking it up then running into a site called Sonicthehedgehog.com hosted by Trip the wombat and Digi the green moose, etc.
ok even I'm scared now...

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

ok even I'm scared now...

<_< You're contagious

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
We'd see NiGHTS in Brawl! =3

But anyway, I brought this up on the Nintendo boards awhile back. The people who weren't like "WTF who's Nites" agreed that things would be quite different from the way they are now...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
All I can think of is NiGHTS in Sonic's position now. Mocked and laughed at. Every game expected to be a failure. You'd see a site like NiGHTSpassion.com and question why you are a fan of something that created a website like that. You see an anime be terribly butchered by the most hated dub company in the country. The dreamlike nature of the games would disappear because we'd get far too much of it far too close to each other. A game year after year would destroy the magic of NiGHTS.

Pretty pessimistic these days, sorry.

Lord_Gourri

Lord_Gourri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Man, just thinking about all these things scare me.

MORRiS1113

MORRiS1113

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Gaming. Video's, Cinematography. among to many other things to mention. probably in the same catagory
wow, that is a tough question. i suppose that since i grew up a Sonic fan, that i would have been as just with NiGHTS, though if you think about it, not that its much better but Sonic's latest games have been really crappy and just downright awfull, personally i think it was all over after Sonic Adventure 2. if NiGHTS had switched the popularity, it wouldnt be to much better. i would admit, more people around the world would know him as they do sonic, but the bad thing is that like Sonic he would have by now been milked for eveything he's worth. though some how sequels continue being made, NOT that i am complaining, dont get me wrong, i would love to see a great new Sonic sequel, not in the old style, i dont think we'll ever see any of those again. but it would have been a cool run, and i think i would have liked NiGHTS in brawl better then sonic...

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
It would be more horrible that can be imagined... The 4kids actors would be voicing the game with horrible British accents.

PsYCHE

PsYCHE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
as much as agree NiGHTS would eventually be stuck in a mud hole of game developers who don't know what the hell to do if he was as popular as sonic. I kinda seeing a huge pattern of people who see everything Sonic related slowly losing interest to the point where they're not even really Sonic fans to me anymore... at least IMO.

In my eyes right now(pray that it changes) all I see today are Sonic bashers who have turned their backs on him, leaving Sonic all alone with no friends other then Tails, etc. D: Kinda makes me sad but I respect others opinions despite how completely different they are, But back to topic. I can imagine Reala storming into the offices of SEGA with a chainsaw if this weird situation were true for NiGHTS lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users