Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS: Voice Acting! Audition for my radioplay -->

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello everyone, my name is Jeremychan or Jem.

I've recently set up a new project for myself to work on over the summer, which is a radioplay called 'NiGHTS: Ballad of Dreams.'

What is a radioplay you might ask? Well, it's sort of like a drama CD. Each voice actor that is chosen will receive a script, with their lines highlighted.
The lines that they are required to say, they will record onto a .WAV or .MP3 file and them to me.
Once I have gotten everyone's lines, I will mix them accordingly, resulting in a radioplay, talk show, drama CD, or whatnot.

I can't do this alone, though!
I need you to help me, because hey, I want to give all those aspiring voice actors a chance to play, and I can't do all the lines alone.

All the information you will need is at this handy little link:
NiGHTS: Ballad of Dreams
That includes character available, their audition lines, how to audition, what the story is about, and everything you generally need.

Please, if you have any questions or concerns I will be glad to answer them.
And if you need extra assistance on auditioning, I will provide that as well.

Good luck!

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
... *dies*

Oh man! I would love to be a part of that, even as just a Nightopian!! Being NiGHTS would be awesome too, but I'm the kinda person who isn't very good at hearing their own voice... so I'd have to do lots of recordings to figure out if I'd even consider myself ^^;

Ooh, I forgot to ask... did you need, like... any specific accents or ways of talking in particular?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Haha, my voice is too girly, I think. Probably worse than the voice they picked for him in the game. (Though they actually picked a female for that.) But I'm very judgmental about myself :angry: So good luck to you guys, interesting project!

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I think I'll give an audition for NiGHTS and Helen and try to send it in as soon as possible. :angry:

Jaymer

Jaymer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would voice as Will if my voice could actually be serious ^^;

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

... *dies*

Oh man! I would love to be a part of that, even as just a Nightopian!! Being NiGHTS would be awesome too, but I'm the kinda person who isn't very good at hearing their own voice... so I'd have to do lots of recordings to figure out if I'd even consider myself ^^;

Ooh, I forgot to ask... did you need, like... any specific accents or ways of talking in particular?

No no, you don't need any specific accents or anything.
I'd love for you to try out! I bet your voice is just fine.

Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I think I'll give an audition for NiGHTS and Helen and try to send it in as soon as possible. :angry:

Sounds excellent!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
..... I wish I weren't too microphone shy to do impressions. ;-; I have a microphone now, too, so nothing's really holding me back from auditioning as at least a Nightopian... unless I do lose internet access like my mom's been hinting. ><;;;

EDIT: Definitely can't audition as Claris, though, as I can't carry a tune in a bucket. XDD

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Aw man! It's always been my (3rd) dream to be a voice actor, but my voice kinda sucks. I'm auditioning anyways.

Edit- I thought about auditioning for Jackle, 'cause I can do the laugh, but I think it'd be too hard for me to do the voice so I'm going to try to make something for the Nightopians.

Edit 2- I was looking at the Reala lines, and I tried some. I think my voice is a little bit higher pitched than what you're looking for, but I can do sadistic and cynical pretty well. I was wondering about the second line, though, the one about it being good to have NiGHTS back. I came up with quite a few ways of saying it sadistically, so I think I'd have to see the line in context to get a good feel for it and produce the right sound.

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Aw man! It's always been my (3rd) dream to be a voice actor, but my voice kinda sucks. I'm auditioning anyways.

Edit- I thought about auditioning for Jackle, 'cause I can do the laugh, but I think it'd be too hard for me to do the voice so I'm going to try to make something for the Nightopians.

Edit 2- I was looking at the Reala lines, and I tried some. I think my voice is a little bit higher pitched than what you're looking for, but I can do sadistic and cynical pretty well. I was wondering about the second line, though, the one about it being good to have NiGHTS back. I came up with quite a few ways of saying it sadistically, so I think I'd have to see the line in context to get a good feel for it and produce the right sound.

Well, you can email me your current audition lines, and I can look them over and give a critique. In all honesty, coming up with more than one way to say something really helps me, as a director, know what kind of voice actor you are and all, so that's a good thing =3

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
O...M....GGGGG!!!!!
I AM SO AUDITIONING!!!!!
Though my voice is really odd and variable, I could go for maybe Claris, Helen, or a possibility of Jackle...I can do a pretty sweet evil laugh...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I wish I could audition but I don't have a microphone. I'd audition for Jackle, that is, if you don't mind him having a French accent (as that's what he sounds like in my mind). *sigh* *sob* *begs for microphone*

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Hm. I think I'll give it a shot.

The only thing is, I think I'd have an easier time if I had someone to act *with*...you know, like a skype conversation or something.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Well, you can email me your current audition lines, and I can look them over and give a critique. In all honesty, coming up with more than one way to say something really helps me, as a director, know what kind of voice actor you are and all, so that's a good thing =3

... I can't e-mail you, but is a PM okay?

I'll try to finish it sometime today and get it uploaded, but I still think I have a crappy voice I'm just exciting about doing something during this extremely boring summer.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'll give this a go. I'll probably try for either Reala or Jackle. I need to get a new microphone first though. Either way, I've done some parody work before. Feel free to listen to those to get an idea of what I can do. They aren't my best though because I recorded them under some rather unusual conditions.

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
This sounds awesome! :D Hopefully my microphone is up to the task.
I think I'll try for Claris and NiGHTS. Any particular critiques you're going to use for Claris's song?

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

... I can't e-mail you, but is a PM okay?

I'll try to finish it sometime today and get it uploaded, but I still think I have a crappy voice I'm just exciting about doing something during this extremely boring summer.

PM is fine.

This sounds awesome! :D Hopefully my microphone is up to the task.
I think I'll try for Claris and NiGHTS. Any particular critiques you're going to use for Claris's song?

I won't know what to critique with until I hear it, I'm afraid.

Hm. I think I'll give it a shot.

The only thing is, I think I'd have an easier time if I had someone to act *with*...you know, like a skype conversation or something.

Can you record on skype?

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Can you record on skype?

As far as I'm aware, no...but, in reality, I have no quality recording program anyway. The thing is, I would want to voice act in the same way professional voice acting is done: recording on the spot with a director of sorts who critiques on the spot so retakes can be made immediately.

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

As far as I'm aware, no...but, in reality, I have no quality recording program anyway. The thing is, I would want to voice act in the same way professional voice acting is done: recording on the spot with a director of sorts who critiques on the spot so retakes can be made immediately.

Well, this is not a professional situation, and this is the way I have learned to create radio plays/fandubs.
If you have any idea of a program that can be used the way you're thinking, let me know. But until then, this is the best we've got.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Gah, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything today, and tomorrow may be a bit hectic for me. I may be able to get it done tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I should definitely have it uploaded by Tuesday.

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Gah, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything today, and tomorrow may be a bit hectic for me. I may be able to get it done tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I should definitely have it uploaded by Tuesday.

Sounds good!

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
"1. Please record all three of the lines I have provided, in one file."

I"m recording my lines but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I'm not very good with computers.

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

"1. Please record all three of the lines I have provided, in one file."

I"m recording my lines but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I'm not very good with computers.

It's okay, don't worry. Just email me your recordings in any way you know how?

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Okay I sent them in.

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Okay, I sent mine in.
I did Helen instead, since singing into my microphone sounded little more than slightly-glorified speech on playback.

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Gah... I don't think I can do any recording for up to a week <_< I can't do anything unless the house is empty

Jeremy.chan

Jeremy.chan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay everyone.
Just to let you know:
The deadline is July 15 and we would appreciate more NiGHTS/Jackle/Reala auditions.
Thanks so much!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Wow, one minute I have all the free time in the world, the next minute... life happens. I'll try my best to get this done before the 15th.

Minn

Minn

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I'm interested in this. Quick question though, I see you have a list of all of the bosses sans lines. So if someone wanted to audition for Clawz or something would they have to make up thier own lines?

Oh oh and say someone had a voice editing program they wanted to use to tweak thier voice. Is that allowed?

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Aaaaah, I can't wait any longer XD I'm so excited! I wish I atleast knew what he thought, maybe I could re-do my lines or submit them differently or something...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
*sigh* Go on without me! *sobs dramatically* I'll just be here in my low-tech world! Ah! *faints dramatically, is carried off stage*

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
IT'S SHIA HATSUNE HERE~

:3 Anyway, the deadline has past, and we now have a full cast set up, and you guys can get all the information you need (If you're casted or not) right here. So listen to our videos, and fill your minds with information 8D http://voiceactingal...ead.php?t=33201

Unfortonetly.. there's only one person missing from the show..

You.

That's right.

We need Nightopians.

If you have a mic, and want to be in the show, randomly show up now and again, then send us a clip of you screaming (in a 'pian way) and we'll probably send you a few other lines as well.

And there! You're automatically in the show :3 We want everyone in on this o__o DO IT.

So, look at the info.. and stuff XD HAVE FUN.

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Yay, I got Helen. :) . Thank you.

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Oh yes. I forgot to add this!

The references to the images in the videos were from Nightsintodreams.com

If they don't want me to use these pictures, then I'll replace them with others I can find. But! I'll be sure to reference the site.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Holy crappindoodles... I forgot about this. Stupid Life.

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Holy crappindoodles... I forgot about this. Stupid Life.

It's okay! Start screaming and mumbling squeaks and audition for a Nightopian XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users