Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ENTRIES NOW CLOSED FOR DRAW.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
EDIT-
!ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY MORE EMAILS!

Just a short notice to say that the draw will take place on the 28th of this month, Sat. It will be made into a little video show available for viewing along with the winners names being listed on the website for those of you who can't watch videos for some reason. Think of it as the NiGHTS lottery lol.

Those of you who haven't entered yet be sure to do so here:
<a href="http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/black/...s/giveaway1.htm" target="_blank">http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/black/...s/giveaway1.htm</a>

And thanks to the huge amount of people who have already entered :lol: I'm going to have fun writing all these names down on paper D:
I'll contact the winners after the draw to let them know they've won and to get their postal sending stuff adress. Note- It's ok to have the item sent to a relatives house or someone you know as long as you TELL THEM (and that you can collect it) XD; You have my complete 100% honor that i will not do anything dubious with either your email or postal details.

Good luck guys ^^

TRiPPY

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Will this be a streaming video then?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I hope not, my computer can't handle streaming videos. It's old and needs to be beat with a hammer.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I hope not, my computer can't handle streaming videos. It's old and needs to be beat with a hammer.

Well when you do beat it don't hit the monitor. It didn't do anything. lol so many people hit their monitors when their computers are acting up.

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Hoorah! I hope it's being streamed.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Considering i have no idea how to do streaming video that'll be a no. DiGi wants to do a flashy looking recorded show, so i will let him play with his bells and whistles.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

Considering i have no idea how to do streaming video that'll be a no. DiGi wants to do a flashy looking recorded show, so i will let him play with his bells and whistles.

*sigh* good. My computer dies when it has to face that kind of stuff. And yay for bells and whistles!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Well when you do beat it don't hit the monitor. It didn't do anything. lol so many people hit their monitors when their computers are acting up.

Welll, I can't exactly help that fact, iLLViLLAiN. It's a Mac, therefore it has an internal modem, therefore the entire console IS the monitor.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

'Tis a Mac and nothing more.

Damn the year 2000 and it's place in the timeline of being eight years ago and therefore being an old piece of crap! My grandpa buys a whole new computer every year. He better get me a laptop for my birthday or I'm beating this computer with a stick until it breaks.

`Cow Demon

`Cow Demon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Will you be posting a list of the people who have entered? I know I did, but I always get paranoid that my entry didn't go through @3@

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
didn't you get a response email? Unless you got the answers wrong of course. Those mails get deleted. There again I've not responded to the comp mail for about 2 days now.

`Cow Demon

`Cow Demon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Uh.... *checks inbox* OYEA there it is. Must have forgotten about it. All is good then :3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I would put up a list but i already have to spend all day writing the names down for each draw on bits of paper D: There's well over 200 so far, blargh.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

I would put up a list but i already have to spend all day writing the names down for each draw on bits of paper D: There's well over 200 so far, blargh.

Frofrofro! Been there, done that. I had to write down raffle names for a thing in middle school once...me and my friend split the work in half, but I still had about 900 to do! XD It was so annoying, I can STILL remember it!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
You would hate doing that for my school. We've got names like "Shaniqua" and "Ebuka". We've got long names that are so unpronouncable that the teachers give them nicknames. One kid in one of my classes, right? He's got a name that's like, seven or eight syllables long. The teacher calls him Kevin. Or Kenny. Or some name like that.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I think I'm more interested in watching this video than winning anything. :D

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

One kid in one of my classes, right? He's got a name that's like, seven or eight syllables long. The teacher calls him Kevin. Or Kenny. Or some name like that.

I think I'd just write Kenny. :D

I think I'm more interested in watching this video than winning anything. :D

Same!!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I think I'm more interested in watching this video than winning anything. :(

Yeah I know what you mean.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I know I'm totally not going to win so I'll just sit back and watch the show.

I haven't won anything worthwhile since the first grade.

I'll be going into the 11th grade in September.

Yes. I am an unlucky loser, but hey! Life is good anyway. I'll sit back and watch the show, and if I win, bonus. If I don't, well then kudos to whoever did. *goofy thumbs up*

BTW, I hope this video like, isn't going to be live. My computer + Live video streams = Bad.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

BTW, I hope this video like, isn't going to be live. My computer + Live video streams = Bad.

It's been confirmed it won't be streamed soooo you're good :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
1 DAY REMAINING TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Go go go!

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! :D :D :D

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
This is so exciting! It is the prize draw of the century in gaming! How much would it take to make the drawing go my way... :D j/k. I would want someone kicked out of the competition if they tried bribery! ... Ooh, maybe this could be like the first video podcast of DreamCast!

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I won't be here for the day of the drawing.

=(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

How much would it take to make the drawing go my way... wink.gif j/k.

Cake and possibly less numbers in your user name : D But that would be very underhanded of me, lol.

I wish you all the best of luck! I hope i can make tommorow a lucky day for some of you :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. The draw happens today! Please do not send in any more emails. Good luck everyone!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
With the amount of enteries that have come in this may take slightly longer than expected. Today i have to put all the enteries into each catagory then we have to film it all and then i have to edit it and then finaly you'll see the video. I don't know how long it is going to take but if it's going to be sometime today then it will be later on tonight. If we slip tonight then most definitely tomorrow, for sure.

I'm gonna work as fast as i can on this as i have a lot to get through today. Gonna be tough. XD;

Once again, good luck to everybody that entered.
And if we pronounce your name wrong then "oh well", my bad.

*gets back to work*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
...well... in true Turkish luck i've come across a major f*!*ing problem that's caused yet ANOTHER famous set back here at NiD.com.

We held the draw yesterday and recorded it live. Nothing was planned. We put the names into the NiGHTS hat, drew the names, announced them and all the while the camcorder was recording it. We finished drawing the winners names from the hat and then watched it back on the camcorder to see if everything was recorded properly. Thankfully it was.

We tidied up the recording area, put all the items used in the recording back into storage and this morning i go to start editing the footage so we could have this video up by tonight, just as i said i would try and do. I was prepaired to work all day on this thing and have it ready by tonight for sure.
Well, that's not happening now.

For some UNKNOWN STUPID REASON my sh!t camcorder messes up the footage and screws it two days from Sunday whenever i transfer it from the camcorder to the computer. It's fine on the camcorder but when i transfer to the comp it chops and cuts and slices and glitches the unholy hell out of it leaving me with the mightiest of pains in my side to work with. It has NEVER done this before on any occasion where i've had to record something and edit it on the computer but the one time we decide to host a competition it gets rawly raped.

As of now i'm in a really pissed off mood about it all because we worked out arses off yesterday to get this done and it's amounted to nothing but screwed footage thanks to JVC's amazing brand of HD camcorders. Wankers.

The winners have been chosen now and to re-shoot the footage means having to start everything over from scratch. Again. And i'm not about to do that.

So, i've given up on the video because i'm annoyed beyond belief at how this just happens to sh!t on my head at the very last second.
So f*** it.
TRiPPY says she might have a try at editing the video so good luck to her.

As of now we may have to result in doing a podcast show instead where we read out the names of the winners rather than give you the TV GameShow style video that we had promised you.

Once again, sorry for this delay. The mood here at NiD.com just took a nosedive.
We'll be right back as soon as we figure out just what the hell to do.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
No worries man, chill.

It's not like we're gonna rip you guys apart, take your time and do what you think's best ^^

lol turkish luck xD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
*Puts up streamers and fans freshly baked biscuit scent in* .... is the mood better now?

I'm sure nobody is gonna get all foamy at the mouth at you guys- you did what you said you'd do and anyone who doesn't appreciate it can get bitched. Take your time!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I like this forum, it's a good forum.

Well, worse things could've happened. The camcorder could've fried and set your whole house on fire and no one here would like that('cuz everyone loves you guys). So I say be thankful you're not standing in a heap of ashes. And we forgive your camcorder.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Mweh, I didn't even enter (on purpose; I'd rather not have any NiGHTS merch at all than end up having it somehow ruined/lost in the screaming vortex of my room) and I feel a little sad that there's not gonna be awesometastic video-things (which I probably won't be able to see anyway, since I can't see any of the videos in the videos section that don't have a youtube link).

It's understandable, though; this was beyond your control. I wish I knew enough to offer educated suggestions, but I know you guys know more stuff about this than I do.

..... I still wonder if the program on the computer for the video-things is compatible with the camcorder, though, but you've probably checked that. ^^;;;; ..... And now I'm thinking 'conflicting file types' and I don't know why. 0-0;;;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
;P like i said earlier nothing is unfixable DiGi. Leave it to me and chill the hell out.

*eats some toblerone*

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Please don't taunt me. I went to Germany and saw a giant bar of toblerone. I thought they only sold it in Germany!

;_; At least I got a cool german poster of Bach...

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Sorry to hear about the problems. Hopefully things will get settled out with the camcorder. If not, that's cool that you're doing a podcast of it. Thanks for your hard work!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I blame Grand Theft Auto for this atrocity.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*opens program* ok! Lets see how much i can wreck this video even more : D

Man I'm in a crappy mood tonight >_<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*BUMP* video is nearly done. Just adding audio. It seems our PC just likes to eat RAM a lot. It behaves totaly random sometimes. DiGi took up the challenge again and was having fun with it, so when i get my butt off the pc today he'll be finishing it off. SHould be done for tonight :P

Sorry for the delay! It wouldn't be nightsintodreams.com if it was on time!

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
YAAAAAYYYY!!!! So it's goin to be a video after all? that's AWESOME!!!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
It's great you guys got it to work! But don't say it should be done by tonight! You'll jinx it!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
*performs antijinx ritual and chants in gibberish, dancing over a fire pit ignited with the souls of criminals*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users