Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS 3: Into the Shadows(running title)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

Not bad, Nightlight. Something I noticed, though- NiGHTS' horns are only one shade of purple, when they should be two shades. Yes, I know, immense attention to detail and all, but I thought I point out and all.
And Wizeman wouldn't be too much of a venture, would he?

Well, Wizeman IS possible, but it'll probably take a couple months due to the fact that I suck at spriting. Plus, I don't know if I'll find anything big enough...*dodges fireball* THAT WASN'T A FAT JOKE!

Well Jackle is almost finished and since he's special(cowers as Jackle forces me to write this) I gave him 3 sprites.

After Jackle-O'-Lantern will be Reala(JoD).

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

Not bad, Nightlight. Something I noticed, though- NiGHTS' horns are only one shade of purple, when they should be two shades. Yes, I know, immense attention to detail and all, but I thought I point out and all.

Well, Wizeman IS possible, but it'll probably take a couple months due to the fact that I suck at spriting. Plus, I don't know if I'll find anything big enough...*dodges fireball* THAT WASN'T A FAT JOKE!

Well Jackle is almost finished and since he's special(cowers as Jackle forces me to write this) I gave him 3 sprites.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

EDIT: Heeeeeere's Jackle!

Posted Image

EDIT2: Here's Gay Reala, Reala Puff, whatever you prefer.

Posted Image

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Next Chappie!

NiGHTS dashed after the cars. He HAD to follow Fanta. He slipped on the pavement, getting knocked to the ground. He got up and persued the cars. He was REALLY persistent! He finally saw Fanta fly up to a tower. She was...flying over it...

NiGHTS had been duped!

He ran around the building and followed her. He suddenly dropped, down...down...down...SPLASH! He rose to the surface and spit out a mouthful of saltwater.

"BLECH!" Wait, SALTWATER!? He looked up. He had dropped over the road's edge into the freezing ocean below. How far had he run? He was at the edge of the country! And now Fanta was headed to America...

NiGHTS paddled toward land. There was no way he could make it back up; it was a sheer rock climb to the top. He shook himself off. He needed to find a way back up, or else he'd freeze to death. But he HAD to try! He jumped at the wall and slid down.

He ran at the wall, jumped as high as he could, and grabbed a rock. He continued his ascent. He was about the reach the edge; just a few more inches he had to reach...

He lunged an inch and slid down, landing on his bottom. He finally managed to climb up. He looked around. Everybody was either home or at work. He found an overhang and sat under it. He knew that he couldn't stop Fanta now, even if he tried. He buried his face in his hands and began to sob silently. His friends were gone, he had let Fanta get away, and he didn't even know where he was. "What ELSE could happen!?" He shouted.

--------------------------------

NiGHTS yawned and stood up, stretching his back and arms. How long had he been asleep? The sky didn't tell much; it was still dark out, but at least the rain had stopped. He guessed it must have been a bit after midnight. He walked out from under the overhang. He had cried himself to sleep, and his face was still tear-stained. He looked at the ocean and sighed.

NiGHTS was out of luck.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Okay, before I go on, I just want to warn you that there IS some...mild language.

Nights was soaring gracefully above the Dream Gate. He was unbelievably, incredibly, extremely—

“Bored bored bored bored bored, BOOOOOORRRED!” Nights said. He had no form of excitement since Wizeman’s fall. For some reason, the Dream Gate was separated when Wizeman destroyed it. So the occasion that Nights saw a visitor was rare. And whenever Owl came by, all he would do was rant on and on.

Why couldn’t he just fly the gap? Simple. There was a barrier in between the two gates. Nights flew into it the first day back from his big Wizeman battle. He was incredibly bored and had nothing to do.

“…Hmm…I could--! No, that’s no fun…Oh! I can--! No, he’s dead…” Nights pondered what to do. Finally, he landed on something. It felt slanted and bumpy. He looked down and saw that he had landed on a small house. He looked in. Nobody home.

“Darn. I thought there’d be something cool in there…WOAH!” He leaned on the door and fell in. He realized that there was no floor and began to fall. He tried flying, but his twinkle dust would respond. He finally landed in what looked like a green pipe. He jumped out and saw that he was in front of a huge castle with a stained glass window of a blonde woman in a pink dress.

A piece of paper hit him square in the face. It read:

Dear Mario,

I have baked a cake for you. Please come to the castle.

Yours Truly, Princess Toadstool
Peach

“Hm? Mario? Well it’s not my pro—OOF!” Another paper hit him square in the face. This one read:

Dear Nights,

Please help us! Mario didn’t read the sign on the endless staircase! Until he realizes he needs 70 stars, we need you to help! Please, stop King Koopa(Bowser) from conquering the castle! Please!

Yours Truly, Princess Toadstool
Peach

“How does—AUCH!” Another paper hit him.

P.S: Don’t mind how we know your name.

Nights shrugged and walked into the castle. Immediately, he was greeted by a mushroom-man.

“Mario! Am I—HEY! You’re not Mario!”

“No, my name is Nights! I’m here to—”

“Never mind! I’m Toad! Here, have these stars. They’re all that I stole—er, BORROWED from Mario!”

Nights stuffed the stars into his knapsack and heard a weird: “NANANANAHR!” musical sound. He then saw a sign pop up from nowhere saying: Nights gained 64 Power Stars! WTF?! He gains more courage. Save?

Nights pressed the ‘yes’ button. He hurried up into a door with a huge star on it. He saw a painting of the blonde girl in front of him in the hallway. He ran towards the painting. He was about to jump into it, but hit a barrier and fell through a trap door.

“What!? NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo…” Nights screamed as he fell into darkness…

NEXT TIME: Nights VS King Koopa(Bowser) in the Dark World!

MagicPickleFairy

MagicPickleFairy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Video Games, Anime, Musical Theater.
This is acctually quite amusing! It really made me giggle a lot. Especially the part when the papers keep on flying to NiGHTS' face. My favorite on it the, "PS: Don't mind how we know your name."

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Wow... Someone was bored....

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Wow... Someone was bored....

Actually, this is just the result of being a NiGHTS FanBoy and playing SM64 too much.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Hi, all! Recently in english class, we were supposed to write a poem about courage, so who better to base it off of than NiGHTS!

The Wizeman was furious;
NiGHTS had got through
"Reala couldn't stop me,
neither can you!"

NiGHTS paralooped and dashed,
and in the middle of the fight,
the Wizeman was startled
by an incredible red light

It was coming from NiGHTS!
The red light of pledge,
it was none other than
NiGHTS's Ideya of Courage!

NiGHTS duched and he weaved
with the greatest of ease
With all this new power,
the Wizeman said "Please"

"Don't do this NiGHTS!"
He said with a shout
NiGHTS wouldn't listen;
his patience was out

In a final attack,
NiGHTS triumphed with glee!
But what was transpiring?
No, it couldn't be!

Reala was back
and just out of spite,
knocked NiGHTS out cold!
Oh, the terrible sight!

NiGHTS's work was now done
he grinned as he fell
Where would he land?
Only time would tell

With his courage at heart
and his free will at hand
NiGHTS would forever remain
keeper of the DreamLand...

So, any comments?

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Hi all! I was recently watching a whole bunch of Charlie the Unicorn things, and noticed how similar he and Reala are.

Reala was floating through a forest, but suddenly NiGHTS and Jackle appeared in front of him, wearing armor.

"GAHK! That's great, just give me a heart attack!" He said.

"Reala! The future! It's in trouble!" NiGHTS said.

"Yeah! The evil blagffh has taken over and is reigning upon it for 500 years!" Suddenly, NiGHTS and Jackle burst into flames and reappeared.

"......Yeah...Good luck with that..." Reala began to walk away, but NiGHTS stopped him.

"But Reala! We need you to help finish our snowman!" Jackle pleaded.

"Wait, what's this you're going on about?"

"No time to explain! Grab onto our tongues!" NiGHTS said.

"wait, Nightmaren don't have tongues! How do I--" Reala was interrupted by NiGHTS's and Jackle's tongues wrapping around him. "OH! Yuck! This is so gross..." Suddenly they disappeared and reappeared in the same area.

"Welcome to the future, Reala!" NiGHTS said.

"What?! This is where we just were!"

"SSSHH! The Oomoo will hear us!" Jackle whispered.

"..........The what?...."

"The Oomoo! Run!" NiGHTS and Jackle off towards the lake.

"Get on the duck Reala!" Jackle said, standing on a giant wooden duck.

"Yeh, I'd rather take my chances with the Oomoo..."

"Oh NO! The bleh bleh bleh's hypnotized him! Grab onto our tongues!" NiGHTS said, once again catching Reala.

"OH! AGAIN WITH THE TONGUES?!" He yelled. Just as he got on, the duck sank, leaving Reala surprised that he was still alive.

"I'm not even gonna ask, cause you know what I think? I think I died when Wizeman made you two my eternal punishment!" Reala grumped.

"...You're like a constant downer, huh?" NiGHTS said.

To Be Continued...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
lol, I never would have made that comparison. That was pretty dada, if I do say so myself. Good job :lol:

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
"oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOHF!" NiGHTS landed hard on his chin. "Man, that threw me for a loop..."

"KEH HEH HAH! Just try and get through the dark world, Mario! If you can! KAH HAHAHAHA!"

"Uh, that's NiGHTS..." NiGHTS listened. "Ah, screw it." He jumped across the gaps and flames, eventually reaching a green pipe. "Huh...huh...no wonder Nightmaren are supposed to fly...walking sucks! NiGHTS jumped into the pipe. In front of him stood a gianormous turtle.

"Keh, looks like you've lost some weight, Mario!"

"Uh, NiGHTS. Anyway, I take it that you're King Koopa?"

"Indeed. Just try and stop me, Mario!"

"NiGHTS." NiGHTS began dodging, but once, he noticed that when King Koopa ran into bombs, he would fly back. NiGHTS wasn't very strong, so he couldn't throw, buuuuuut...

"Hey, turtle!" NiGHTS stood, in front of a bomb. "I know your species is slow, but you bring slow-mo to a whole new level!"

"You DARE mock me?!" He ran at NiGHTS, who dodged, justy in time so Koopa rammed into the mine.

"URGH! Gahr...next time, Mario...I will be stronger..."

"NIGHTS! MY NAME IS NIGHTS!" NiGHTS shouted as Bowser disappeared.

Next time: Castle Exploration...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

"Hey, turtle!" NiGHTS stood, in front of a bomb. "I know your species is slow, but you bring slow-mo to a whole new level!"

NiGHTS sounds like Sonic! :(

Keep up the good work, this is great! :rolleyes:

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
After a few days, NiGHTS had gotten used to this new world. He began gettng better at walking instead of flying, he had made friends with everyone except the Goombas and Koopas, AND he'd managed to find out what was going on! All he had to do was save the princess and he'd be able to get home!

NiGHTS's POV

Narration

I'm NiGHTS! Somehow, I got sent to this wierd world and I don't know where I am! Apparently, I'm in a world called 'The Mushroom Kingdom'. Who IS this princess I need to save?

I don't know why but for some reason, I've been getting these short bursts of dark energy, and they get stronger each time. I don't like it much here. I want to go home! I even miss Owl! Also, it seems that when I came here, my attire changed. I'm wearing denim overalls and a purple shirt. I'm also wearing a purple cap with an 'N' on it.

Well, if I want to get home, then I'd better do it quick! Before these dark energy bursts grow out of control!

"Hmm.....I wonder where King Koopa went after I totaly pwned his butt?" I asked myself. I glanced at the cieling, where I saw the sun and clouds. I missed being able to fly..."UAGH!" I screamed! A white flash sent me sprawling around, until I hit a brick floor...

NORMAL POV

NiGHTS sat up. He looked around and saw he was on a platform in the sky...THE SKY?! Suddenly, he heard a woman's voice, like an angel's.

"NiGHTS. This is the flight cap challenge...There are three caps in all. If you complete all three, you can defeat King Koopa. Good luck!"

"What? Hey wait! ..." NiGHTS clanced behind him to see a purple box in the air. He saw no way to open it, so he jumped into it. Out flew a...............persona mask? It looked like his old mask that he threw away at BellBridge, but it had a red diamond shard in the forehead area. He slammed it onto his face. Suddenly, he felt as though a strong wind here picking him up. He was flying again!

"WHEEEEE!! HAHA! WAHOO!" NiGHTS shouted. It felt so good to fly again!

After a few seconds, NiGHTS's mask began blinking until it disappeared.

"H-HUH?! NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo" NiGHTS screamed as he fell. He eventually fell back into the castle lobby, on his front, spread-eagle. "........Ouch..."

Next time: NiGHTS VS King Koopa in the Fire Sea

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
If you're still accepting entries, I'd like to enter Scykle, if that's okay.
Name: Scykle the Nightmaren (of sorts)
Ideya: Blue
Personality: Protective of loved ones and very friendly. He is the product of energy fluctuations in Ethereal Forest, his home dreamscape, but due to his appearance, he's considered a Nightmaren. He's shy around girls.
Abilities: Cannot fly, but can run quickly and jump very high. He fights with his razor sharp claws.
Appearance: Blue with silver trim, overall. Blue eyes, and a four-pronged jester's hat. Wears a long black and blue scarf. His skin is tan, and he has black face-paint around his eyes.
Crush: None
Hates: Reala, Scykhell (his evil counterpart)

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
YES! Scykle accepted!

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Always looking forward to new entries, bud :lol:

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Sorry, guys. But due to certain circumstances, I'm afraid I won't be able to update Into The Shadows OR Super NiGHTS 64 on NiGHTS COMMUNiTY. However, I will be posting a revised version of both on FanFiction.net, so just go there and look for the author 'InTheNightlight2'. Also, be sure to check out the other NiGHTS stories I've written!

EDIT: Also, if you want to submit new maren cameos, just PM me here on NiD.com
ITN out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users