Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How would you improve the Archie Comic of Nights?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
For me? Ken penders or maybe Jim Fry as the artist Tracy Yardley's not bad either. Remove any unnecessary adults from the storyline. Lose the nights dying in the real world subplot altogether and have her actually explore the world.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Burn down the Archie comic book company.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*lmao* Oh DiGi.

Personaly I've read some great comics with awful artwork in my time, and i think Archie NiGHTS could be saved if they actualy PRE PLANNED THE SCRIPT :| Like actualy thought it through, page by page and didn't try to squash the most important game orientated scenes into 2 boxes then do their long drawn out crap fanfiction for 80 pages instead. Nobody cares about foodfights or spontanious carnivals, we cared about the end fight with Wizeman, Reala being badass and NiGHTS actualy retaining his credibility. Did we get that? No lol, it was too goofy, ugly and drawn like they had 5 minutes to finish one issue. Perhaps they did, i heard a rumor about that once.

Better artists that can actualy LOOK at reference pictures. A story that makes sense. Less slapstick and more spirit of the actual game. It felt like i was reading a comic version of AoSTH.

dor

dor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
change the artist

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Dragonball Z type fights :(

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I think the script needs to be thrown out entirely. Then have the artist(s) take their time to tell the story of NiGHTS vs. Wizeman VISUALLY rather than having characters spewing out exposition every five panels.
I would have there be no character dialog within the comics at all, NiGHTS and dialog cannot mix in the realm of Archie comics. The art should be seriously trying to express something using NiGHTS rather than just being all "hey, here's the popular game character kids love".

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
How I'd improve them is as follows

1. Get a good artist to do be in charge of the comic and good writers to write the story
2. Make sure that the writers actually SEE/PLAY the game to get a feel for the storyline
3. Get NiGHTS fans to critique it (Hey WE'RE going to be the ones that actually buy the product we should have some say in my opinion)
4. Actually make sure that both the artist and the writers to DO THEIR NiGHTS HOMEWORK SO THE COMICS ACTUALLY FOLLOWS THE STORYLINE AND PORTRAYS THE CHARACTERS RIGHT!!!

No offence the first three issues I liked and seemed to come close to the storyline of the game (though I personally think that NiGHTS 'rebelled' in a totally different way than in the book and the red gems are actually the RED IDEYA and not a 'special thing' held by 'special dreamers' that show up every 100 years) but the last three were really confusing, more humorous and looked as if they were a bad mix between Manga and U.S. comic book art...which is the reason behind it.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
*Reads Digi Valentine's post and dies*

Okay, I'm all right now... so the question is what would one do to improve the Archie NiGHTS comic? Okay I'll be broad but I have a special dislike of the second part.

1. Change the artist... but fire the guy who did the second series.
2. Toss out the old scripts and have new ones written out. To quote a person who runs a Sonic X Uncensored site, it would be better to assume that the audience played the game rather than making them need the game to understand what's going on.
3. Force the said writers and artists to officially do their homework.
4. Keep Roger, but keep him as a bad guy longer (What? I actually like that character).
5. Burn the entire second part from memory and existence all together, why in the heck did they have a terrorist bombing and Reala dying for God's sake?!
6. Have a glossary page, that way the words "Nightmaren," "Nightopian," "Ideya," and "Quidditch" don't have to be explained every two blocks.
7. Change NiGHTS' reason for leaving.

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Actually, I'm pretty sure Reala flew away like a coward in the end because the big bad Nightopians came after him, and the terrorists were going after the tower because they thought something weird was going on with it XD Best reason to make a terrorist attack on something, eh?

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Reala flew away like a coward in the end because the big bad Nightopians came after him, and the terrorists were going after the tower because they thought something weird was going on with it XD Best reason to make a terrorist attack on something, eh?

It's actually pretty funny when you think about it, Archie is claiming that a 1st level Nightmaren can't take on a gang of Nightopians with little to no offensive power. As for the Reala thing, in the second part, Reala didn't make it through the rift in between the two worlds in time due to Roger ceasing to give him any more power, thus he grows too tired to move. He is shown disappearing into nothingness while NiGHTS celebrates finally "being back where he belongs."

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
So... Reala just fades away? What a lame death :/

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

So... Reala just fades away? What a lame death :/

Extemely, Archie screwed them selves by mucking this story up.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
it should of had been related to the original story so ppl who hadn't played NiD yet could get a better idea of it instead other crap that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything in the game.

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

it should of had been related to the original story so ppl who hadn't played NiD yet could get a better idea of it instead other crap that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything in the game.

Actually the first three comics were kind of okay. They actually had something to do with the NID storyline and had the bosses, Jackle, Reala, Elliot, Claris and everything else. Second series had Nights wandering around the real world getting being mistaken for a mime and later an alien until she collapses in the street and is kidnapped by Roger, whose partners with Reala, while the cops are chasing super terrorists like it's a 24 comic or something. And dear God the artwork, this is awful by sunday comic quality standards. So if you can read the first series only for the heck of it and set fire to the second series.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
That comic is way beyond fixing. It's a waste of time to correct those mistakes. I'm with Digi! Burn the comic along with the company. *Brings out a torch and pitch forks*

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

That comic is way beyond fixing. It's a waste of time to correct those mistakes. I'm with Digi! Burn the comic along with the company. *Brings out a torch and pitch forks*

yeah,what Ventro said,BURN DOWN ARCHIE COMIC COMPANY!,if i had the money to go there and burn it down,but i dont,so,i guess i'll wait until it goes bankrupt *that should be soon,:)*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Make a brand new one with some talented artists, less shitty jokes, don't allow the writers to over-explain every little damned thing (Why does NiGHTS have a red gem, lets do that! Why does he have a mouth?! OH! WHY ARE HIS EYES THAT COLOUR, THATS A GOOD STORY!!) annnd pretend the old ones didn't exist.

Oh and burn down Archie, right, burn down Archie...

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
Making a whole new one sounds like a great idea. Trying to remake or redue the archie version of the story is like putting dimonds on swine. The again, has anyone read the Parody into Dreams?

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Making a whole new one sounds like a great idea. Trying to remake or redue the archie version of the story is like putting dimonds on swine. The again, has anyone read the Parody into Dreams?

no,but i would like to see it,does anyone have the link to it?

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog

no,but i would like to see it,does anyone have the link to it?

I'ts Here...
----
My bad I didn't see it for Parody into Dreams so don't pay attention to the top part.

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
Uhhh.. that's not the parody into dreams link. This is the same Archie comic that was edited by a person named Manga Punk Sai. I do warn you that it might have some words that are inappropriate, but I'm impressed how this person got a really bad archie comic and made it hilarious. Kinda makes you think why archie couldn't of made it funny.

http://www.angelfire...dreams/main.htm

Hint: If you want to avoid the pop ups: Use the left side window and click on the page number. Do press the next button at the bottom of the page or your.

Oh yeah! Ahem! Back to main subject. I would suggest the japanesse to make a Manga of nights. Overall, I seens some fan comics that were pretty good with NiGHTS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users