Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General Doujinshi Thread

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
This thread is going to be the focus of the project. Discuss the project in general here, and discuss individual stories in their respective threads.
I'll update this post as time goes on and as new information on the project becomes hammered out.

Please use this thread instead of 'NiGHTS Doujinshi Plans - Main', because I can't update the first post in that one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of the project:
A collection of doujinshi (fan comics) about each of the core maren from NiGHTS into Dreams. Each comic will be done by a different forum member, listed below.

NiGHTS- The wise Kitsune
Reala - Murasaki Doku
Clawz- TheOrangeNightmaren
Jackle - TORiAS_the_fallen
Gillwing- Sairus
Gulpo -
Puffy - Jof

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the moment, I think that is all we should focus on. Just get the comics done, then we can fill in all the editing, design work and fleshing out of the project after those are done. So those working on the comics... let's get scratching! Summer's here, so let's get this thing going!
I also think we should have a deadline for this, but it wouldn't be fair to set one until all the slots are filled, so just work steadilly until then!

If anyone aside from those listed above wants to help in some way, send me a note and I'll contact you when we need other input to the project

I'm going to go around now and ask everyone who's on the list of names up there if they're still interested. If Sai doesn't get a response in a week, he'll take their name off the list and someone else can take their slot.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
*pokes head in* y helo thar.

If The Wise Kitsune doesn't respond/responds with a 'no', I'll be glad to take her spot. I've been kicking around the idea of a solely-NiGHTS-focused comic that I haven't done because of lack of incentive. (i.e., a promise to do it)

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Sorry, Mura, Kitsune has informed me she's still in... One of the others might still become available, so keep coming back!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Looks good so far 8D.

Gonna be any kind of cover?

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Hopefully this'll be a full and nice complete little book afterwards... so front and back covers! @_@ As for what it contains aside from the 7 stories... who knows! XD Leave that till after those bits are closer towards completion! XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
*Raises hand and jumps in her seat like a kindigardner*
I has an Idea!!
Maybe you guys could co-op on the cover!
Ex: Sai draws upper right corner, Jof does lower right corner, etc. etc.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
If one doesn't respond, I'm available.
I like Andersam's idea.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Yar, that be nifty Andersam... we could do some awesome things with that, like how the Rising Stars of Manga do their covers~

And sure thing, TORiAS, there's still two days till I remove their names from the list, but after that they're open season.
Also, I hope everyone else is working on their entries! Stick up some sketches or works in progress to keep everyone motivated!

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Sorry to double post, but this is sort of important and that "New Post" thing doesn't light up when you edit...

I haven't gotten a response from Kichigai, KittyWhiggles or ^_^ Go Dreamer, so that means that Clawz, Jackle and Reala are available if anyone wants to do them.
Also, if anyone wants to switch from their current comic to the above, let me know. But please don't switch if you've got any work done on your entry already. This has gone on way too long and needs to start wrapping up.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I have interest in participating, as made apparent earlier. But the only possibility for me would to take Reala, because my exposure to NiD is minimal at best and don't feel particularly strong about those specific bosses.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Rightio~ So I can stick your name down there beside Reala? XD

...also, welcome aboard! XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I have a little doodle I've been workin' on for you all, but don't expect anything big now!
-shuts self in room-

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Yeah.

I'll spend some exam downtime thinking about a plot. This week is my last week of school...and just in time for a record-breaking heat wave! Here in the US anyway. Yeah, it's not easy to draw in a heat wave. The paper gets all wet and wrinkled. =(

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
may I take Jackle? I have a few ideas....

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Indeed you may~ Your names have been added to the list! Hoorah~ XD
*goes back to colouring his entry*

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hey, Sai, I was thinking about how I could contibute and....
do you guys think I could draw an intro page?

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
*pathetic winy voice* SAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

Reala just won't budge. Whenever I try coming up with something remotely interesting he's all "F__K YOU" and kicks me in the face.

and it hurts.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
I've come up with an idea!!!!!!!!!
Jackle discovers a mysterious stone and turns himself into a Pian. Reala and Clawz discover him and his quest for the stone ensues! ^^
Or, on a more serious note- Jackle reflects on NiGHTS downfall from Maren Lord to free-living Rouge.

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
Why do I feel like I'm lagging behind again? I was drawing some pages of doujinshi when... I stopped and a couple of weeks pass.

I'm sorry. >< I just cannot think of anything for such a lame and boring character.
I'll think of something later, maybe.

But right now, all I have is some doodles... or illustrations, whatever they may be, of Gulpo.
Gah.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, either you're gonna know about this or not but i figured all the people working on this have a right to know in the actual topic with what the status is regarding Kaibib.

She hates NiGHTS now apparently, according to her MySpace page. I have no idea what caused such a rather odd outburst from her but...yeah...whatever. If you don't know then now you do. So i'm going to be surprised if i ever see her back in here as she pretty much summed it up that she hates NiGHTS and doesn't want anything to do with it anymore.

Yo Sairus, you are officialy in charge of this project for the foreseeable future so it's all on you man.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Thats the best idea, DiGi, instead of letting it all go to waste due to drama. Sairus will do great with everything! *agrees*

I can't wait to see everything get rolling, you guys.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wait, hold on. I found out what the problem is.

Kaibib apparently hates me and TRiPPY now. Which is nice.

Go DeviantArt. You never let me down.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Aww boooo. So so sad. What else is new, huh? XD
Well anyway, thats no reason for everyone else not to keep this project rolling along (if they can).

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
True say. I don't have time for bullshit like that. I said what i had to say to her on DA. She can do what she likes with it now, i don't care. Insulting us for no real reason at all? That was lower than low.

I've been waiting to see the final product of this doujinshi. I've been looking forward to it's completion since it started and i really hope everybody else who is on this thing will still continue it. I encourage you to do so. My apologies for the side-track of bullshit that has just happened. Assholes do stuff. :/

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
o__o

woah. drama.

I kinda want to say something but I don't think it's my place. If she wants to hate you guys...well...let 'er knock herself out, I say. I also find myself jealous of TRiPPY but not like an "ARGH I HATE HER SHE'S SO BETTER THAN ME" because I remind myself that she has years of experience beyond me. Think of it as an aspiring kind of jealousy.

So what does this mean for the doujin project? Another open slot?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Sairus is taking Kaibib's slot but since I don't know how this whole thing is working out with who is doing what, but I guess obviously it would mean there's an "open slot" ^^;

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Holy bajesus! Stuff went down while I was gone!

First up, my apologies for disappearing for a few weeks there, life took a rather disturbing nose dive in the last while (Job startings/firings/startings, funerals, Rock Band, etc) . Hopefully that's behind me for a bit though.

I'll just go through all these posts in order, just to get my head around em~ XD

Andersam: With regards to an intro page, I think we should wait until the actual comics are done before tackling that. An intro page should have relevance to the items it's introducing... and without knowing what they are yet, it'll be rather difficult to get right.

TORiAS and Murasaki: Sorry to be blunt, but can you keep discussions of your particular stories to your threads? XD It'll be a lot easier to get focused advice on your ideas and work if it's kept in the same place.

With regards to Kabib... heh, man, TRiPPY and DiGi have a knack for getting people to switch from adoration to hate, don't they? XD Seems to the fashionable thing anyway... maybe I should hate them too! XD

With Kabib's departutre, here's the current list of comics being worked on.

NiGHTS- The wise Kitsune
Reala - Murasaki Doku
Clawz- TheOrangeNightmaren
Jackle - TORiAS_the_fallen
Gillwing- Sairus
Gulpo -
Puffy - Jof

If anyone wants the remaining slot, please contact me. And if anyone knows anyone who'd be interested in being part of the project, please send em over!

Now, for progress on the general project... has anyone got any work done on it?
I've been gone for a month, and after a quick glance in the other threads, I see very little, if any stuff being done. I know DiGi said it's all on me up there, but that's a figure of speech. All of you don't need me to hold your hand when you're working on this! Please, try not to lose interest in this thing and get writing!
I know I should also have a lot more done by now, regardless of any personal sh!t that went down on my end... so come on! All of us pull our socks up!

EDIT: OrangeNightmaren has taken the Clawz slot~

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
-note to self: NEVER TURN MY BACK TO DOJIN AGAIN.-

sorry guys, I wish I could do more for this project, but I can't draw Gulpo worth crap :huh: If ya need me for anything, just call out! :mellow:

Sairus: good Idea. thanks for considering me! *smiles*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users