Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jackle's Theme

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Location:WAY back in the country. And no you don't get phone service.
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, playing my flute and guitar, tap dancing, being outdoors.
Maybe someone has mentioned this before, maybe not, but......on Jackle's theme, there's two different parts in the song where you can hear vocals....somebody whispering something, but I can't tell what's being said. Is it actual words in the English language, or just something in the Nightmaren language? Does anyone know?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Maybe someone has mentioned this before, maybe not, but......on Jackle's theme, there's two different parts in the song where you can hear vocals....somebody whispering something, but I can't tell what's being said. Is it actual words in the English language, or just something in the Nightmaren language? Does anyone know?

Oh yeah I actually remember this topic. It is English, but it is being said backwards. If you play it backwards I believe it says "Got to survive. Got to Survive. What you can't see he can see."

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I just listened to it backwards. It kind of sounds like what YamiLover13 said, but I still think sounds like gibberish no matter how you play it.

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, playing my flute and guitar, tap dancing, being outdoors.
Maybe it's a magic spell or something....but Jackle isn't a magician, is he? * thinks back at the Archie comics with that stupid nightmaren/nightopian thing that Jackle made*

I hate Archie.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Oh yeah I actually remember this topic. It is English, but it is being said backwards. If you play it backwards I believe it says "Got to survive. Got to Survive. What you can't see he can see."

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Wow thats pretty cool, ya learn something new everyday! :P

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling

I just listened to it backwards. It kind of sounds like what YamiLover13 said, but I still think sounds like gibberish no matter how you play it.

It sounded to me like one of those old text-to-speech computer thingies.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

It sounded to me like one of those old text-to-speech computer thingies.

It probably is. Someone on the old boards said he even reconized the speech from a certain program like that. Of course this person said what was being said was very clear, but to me I also say it is slightly hard to hear.

I am concerned about what they mean by "What you can't see, he can see." Are they talking about his ability to see things with his tarot cards or the fact that he can see his own invisible body. O.O Random thought yes...

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
That's really creepy! The fact that Sega went to that level, to put an awesome line in an aswesome character's theme song... we can only wonder what they have in store for us the next game.

I hate Archie.

I know, right? you seen parody into dreams, right? do a google search XDXDXD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Oooo, spooky! I used to think one of the lines was: "The other ones all die, the other ones all die." But that's just me. oO;

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.
I just liestened to the song backwards. I can hear the "Got to survive" part well, but the "What you can't see, he can see" part is a bit confuse. Especially the "He can see" part. BUT! Spooky anyways. I'm afraid of Jackle.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Oooo, spooky! I used to think one of the lines was: "The other ones all die, the other ones all die." But that's just me. oO;

That would be weird but fitting all at the same time.

Oh and for those of you who do not feel like trying to play the song backwords, here is a file I made of the voice played backwords.

Click here to watch The-Mantle-Voice-File

Oh and I was mistaken, it is "What you cannot see he can see." :blink:

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

That would be weird but fitting all at the same time.

Oh and for those of you who do not feel like trying to play the song backwords, here is a file I made of the voice played backwords.

Click here to watch The-Mantle-Voice-File

Oh and I was mistaken, it is "What you cannot see he can see." :blink:

Yay! Thanks for the source, I was dying to hear it I was just too lazy to look for the song and play it backwards myself XD. I can hear it, its spooky.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I've often wondered about that myself! I thought it was just eerie spook-gibberish, but now that I think of it.. that could be true.

My curiosity regarding Jackle has increased tenfold thanks to that dream... :blink:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
What you cannot see he can see. Makes sense, lol. XD

The old Sonic Team website talks about how Jackle is actually the bringer of death, an executioner.
Damn. We really need to get those descriptions fully translated and put up on our site.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

The old Sonic Team website talks about how Jackle is actually the bringer of death, an executioner.
Damn. We really need to get those descriptions fully translated and put up on our site.

Seriously Digi! You guys need to! I never knew that. My respect for Jackle just went up 10 more notches!

But wait...why does Clairs have a maren associated to Death? Then again, just about eveyone is afriad of deth. Or one of her family member's artwork scares the crap out of her...

Also I will warn you right now, Jackle always speaks in gibberish. He is not saying anything backwards. Just his song. I tried that once a long time ago and I got nothing. It was funny to hear him laugh backwards though.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
wow, thank you so much yamilover13!! that was soooo spooky!!!! *scared*

well, i allways thought that jackle represented claris's stage fright, because jackle seems like a performer.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
That sound file's creepy, but I can sure hear what he's saying.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
O___O How crazy! I never knew any of that about the song or what the sonic team site said about him. <3's~ ^-^ Thanks for posting up the song Yami! ^__^ Very weird to listen too. XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

but Jackle isn't a magician, is he? * thinks back at the Archie comics with that stupid nightmaren/nightopian thing that Jackle made*

You can do that in that game by firing a Maren at a Pian and creating a Mepian... it was actually one of the few things I liked in the comic because it's a pretty clever way of bringing an obscure game mechanic in as a full plot point. XD

Man, it sounds like it's saying "There's no survivors, there's no survivors"... creepy XD Gonna have to flip that song now and listen to the full thing, that little part sounded amazing! XD

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I think I know where the voice is from. Fruity loops/FL studio, it's one of the voices (robotic I think) set to 'whisper'. We have the program at school for music lessons, and I remmeber using the voices (we made little kids make death threats. XD) and that is definitely it!

I can kinda hear all of what you guys said too, it's creepy o_o Still. Creepy is basically Jackle's thing anyway XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I think I know where the voice is from. Fruity loops/FL studio, it's one of the voices (robotic I think) set to 'whisper'. We have the program at school for music lessons, and I remmeber using the voices (we made little kids make death threats. XD) and that is definitely it!

I can kinda hear all of what you guys said too, it's creepy o_o Still. Creepy is basically Jackle's thing anyway XD

Was that even around during 1996? I remember another person a long time ago say it was something else. But your idea is still possible. It does seem to be some kind of computer generated voice sound. That is for sure.

And Yes, it is very befitting of him I think.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Was that even around during 1996? I remember another person a long time ago say it was something else. But your idea is still possible. It does seem to be some kind of computer generated voice sound. That is for sure.
And Yes, it is very befitting of him I think.

I don't know, but it's certainly the exact same voice... it's got a really distinctive sound when it's on whisper. And the monotonic setting too... maybe the voice was developed a while ago and FL studios put it in their program or something?

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

Now I remembered my friends... "I wanna die while sleeping, so I'll feel no pain". THEY ARE WRONG! Jackle is gonna haunt them! Death by sleep ohnoooez <o>

And, I'd be pleased if I could read that descriptions. Good material. Good.

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

You can do that in that game by firing a Maren at a Pian and creating a Mepian... it was actually one of the few things I liked in the comic because it's a pretty clever way of bringing an obscure game mechanic in as a full plot point. XD

Man, it sounds like it's saying "There's no survivors, there's no survivors"... creepy XD Gonna have to flip that song now and listen to the full thing, that little part sounded amazing! XD

I forgot about that......^^''
But I still hate Archie.

I'd love to see the stuff from Sonic Team about the characters..........although now I'm about five bazillion more times afraid of Jackle then I was to begin with.0_o But that makes sense I suppose, what with the guillotinein his room. ^^'' Thanks YamiLover that is creepy....but cool. XD

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
XD i always thought it said "He is on.. he's on penalty path (or "pleanty paths).... The maren flash 09... the maren flash 09" (like "oh nine") i dont know what that means but thats what i thought. i never thought of playing it backwards! XDD it makes much more sense when i hear those other words... which are scary...

the maren flash 09... sounds like a dance move...

oh, random info, i played the ending of the grim adventures of billy and mandy (for those of you who watch cartoon network T_T;; ) backwards (where it has those weird words) and it says, "Oh no! it's the end of the show!" even though backwards it sounds super creepy. XD

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
O. M. G. *shivers* jackle always gave me the creeps with the laugh, the invisible body, the tarot cards, the guillotine...that is very scary. im gonna have nightmares about this...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

XD i always thought it said "He is on.. he's on penalty path (or "pleanty paths).... The maren flash 09... the maren flash 09" (like "oh nine") i dont know what that means but thats what i thought. i never thought of playing it backwards! XDD it makes much more sense when i hear those other words... which are scary...

the maren flash 09... sounds like a dance move...

oh, random info, i played the ending of the grim adventures of billy and mandy (for those of you who watch cartoon network T_T;; ) backwards (where it has those weird words) and it says, "Oh no! it's the end of the show!" even though backwards it sounds super creepy. XD

Oh god I know what you mean. When I listened to it normally I thought one part was saying, "he's a dirty maren," and I wondered WTF did that mean?! I never thought of playing it backwards. As you said about Billy and Mandy, it shows that playing things backwards is neat and creepy thing to do now and days. (Yes I watch that show too by the way. ;) )

I want to see Jackle doing the Maren Flash 09. D:

Oh and Huruyami, I hope you don't have nightmares about Jackle but that is what he is there for. Even after everything I have know about him I have yet to have a nightmare about him scaring me. I have seen him briefly on I think two occasions but he was never there to scare me. Yet...

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
i wish i could do the jackle laugh whenever i wanted to
or sing like puffy every time i walked into a room ;)

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences

If you guys need extra translating hands, I offer. xD;

Back on topic, though... The Mantle backwards creeps me out. XD It always has. It... UUUUGH, it's freaky. xD;;; Tenny likeh not the backwards diviner music. Remember, though: our ears associate sounds with words we know. I'm pretty sure it's strictly gibberish/the Maren language/whatever it is rather than intentionally sounding like English.

Scion

Scion

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, games, anime, manga, movies, music, reading, writing, drawing, traveling, and more...
Wow that's real interesting I've never thought about playing it in reverse...*opens audacity*

It does sound like it :lol: Jackle is so cool

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Oh god I know what you mean. When I listened to it normally I thought one part was saying, "he's a dirty maren," and I wondered WTF did that mean?! I never thought of playing it backwards. As you said about Billy and Mandy, it shows that playing things backwards is neat and creepy thing to do now and days. (Yes I watch that show too by the way. :lol: )

I want to see Jackle doing the Maren Flash 09. D:

Oh and Huruyami, I hope you don't have nightmares about Jackle but that is what he is there for. Even after everything I have know about him I have yet to have a nightmare about him scaring me. I have seen him briefly on I think two occasions but he was never there to scare me. Yet...

I was being somewhat sarcastic. I sorta kinda never favored jackle much *gets mauled by jackle lovers* and ill be fine. that just doesnt help me get over his....creepiness. *gets mauled again*

hmm...i listened to it multiple times just a few moments ago and it sounded like 'what it cannot see he can see."

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
this reminds me of when everyone was wondering about what Reala says to NiGHTS when the battle start. and when he dies it seems like he is saying something aswell. there is a sound file with his "dying words"

i wonder if plying them backwards would make them have some meaning

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Oh man. xD I always listened to it forewards, and somehwere, I think from Maresuke, I got a file of the voice ripped. I never thought of hearing it backwards. xD

Forewards it sounds like, "He's comming and he not come back. The maren side of time. The maren side of time."

Man, this topic can really ramble on. xD

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Forewards it sounds like, "He's comming and he not come back. The maren side of time. The maren side of time."

Man, this topic can really ramble on. xD

First we have the Maren side of time! And next we'll have the MAREN SIDE OF THE FORCE! Use the force, NiGHTS! *runs*

Yea, I couldn't resist.

And forewards... I'll try to listen it again, because I only hear gibberish.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
Insight! I've been a Mac fan since 1995, when we got our first non-DOS comp. Ever since then, I've loved playing around with the text-to-speech functions of Mac computers and have come to be able to recognize and distinguish between about twenty-five or so different AppleTalk voices.

That said, I heard that VOX sound in the song and immediately thought, "AppleTalk Whisper!" Then I listened closely, and found that they had overdubbed it with AppleTalk Fred. It's actually two voice synthesizers, known to Mac users like me as Fred and Whisper, saying the same lines, put together on the same audio channel, reversed, and added to the song.

...Or at least, that's my informed, vaguely expert opinion.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
I always thought it was saying "He's, he's ,he's a renegade man, burrino aweso de ni, burrino aweso de ni." And I go, "Yes he is."
Great idea putting it backwards.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I always heard "Please don't rip me apart" when it was played normally. Sheesh, so many interpretations, and all the ones I've seen you guys talk about are really creepy.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Roam, are you really that surprised? I mean, this is Jackle's theme after all...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Ok, maybe i wasnt sarcastic. Last night in bed i swore i could hear that sound file playing. O_O

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling

That said, I heard that VOX sound in the song and immediately thought, "AppleTalk Whisper!" Then I listened closely, and found that they had overdubbed it with AppleTalk Fred. It's actually two voice synthesizers, known to Mac users like me as Fred and Whisper, saying the same lines, put together on the same audio channel, reversed, and added to the song.

...Or at least, that's my informed, vaguely expert opinion.

I thought it sounded like the AppleTalk voices! Good job figuring that one out, Q-Lok! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users