Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wizeman

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Uh... I lost my train of thought. I'll get it back eventually, but in the meantime...

What do you think of Wizeman?

True, he's the evil, near-omnipotent being set upon the destruction of the goodness that is Nightopia, but is that really all there is to him?

Discuss!

Kitty

Kitty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well, yeah true he's evil. He's the main villian besides Reala... But.. He also lays back and watches Reala struggle with NiGHTS. " Go send this 2nd level nightmare if you cant capture him, i'll be sitting here waving my hands about and look evil."

His attack powers in the boss stages were okayish. But c'mon! Creator of Nightmare can do better than whirl pools, meteors and wind. : /

So... Basically i think Wizeman could be more evil then he appears to be, maybe he's a big softy 8D

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
Mabye Wizeman purposely went a little easier on NiGHTS at the boss level because Wizeman still has feelings for his creation, and thinks of NiGHTS as his son...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
He did seem pretty reluctant to 'redo' NiGHTS, after all. I wonder what goes into the creation of a Nightmaren? Like, is it easy? NiGHTS and Reala are the only 1st level Maren, so that could mean that he puts a lot of power into each one (clearly enough power to well, turn against him..). It does seem kinda like 2nd level Nightmaren are partly influenced by the Dreamers themselves, and 3rd levels are almost influenced by Nightopia, but 1st level Nightmaren exist by Wizeman's hand alone.

True though, even though it's pretty much the most epic fight, I guess in terms of Nightmarish attack capabilities ol' Wizeman is still kind of a pushover. I was wondering if he'd try to grab you during the new fight, what with a 1 in 6 chance of squashing you. Kinda relieved about that though XD

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.
Hmm...well, I guess I can say Wizeman is a pretty random creature. I mean, Hime Blue and I have comment wars on deviantART all the time as Reala101 and LordBlumiere, and they involve Wizeman all the time. Whether it be reoccurring, one-time pop-up cameo, or there for the whole thing. XD However, we do have this thing about him baking cookies. Really sortof a "Mr. Mom" at times. Others he can be aweful and forboding, or even just layed-back with a "so?" kindof mood. Random, unpredictable *coughover9000yearoldcough* Wizeman! :rolleyes: That's how it is for me! ^^; Miss spinningcannon even drew a picture of him baking cookies. *busts a gut* Man, it was haliarious!!

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I think that, all these wonderful opinions considered (that I respect greatly), you guys are reading into the story too much. I think that Wizeman is a video game character, and that is all. It is what the fans make the series that counts any way. I know from experience, trust me on this.
If you want to write a crack fic about Wizeman baking cookies with TRiPPy, that is what will happen.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

you guys are reading into the story too much.
If you want to write a crack fic about Wizeman baking cookies with TRiPPy, that is what will happen.

First line: Well, I actually don't own JoD or a Wii. I phail. XD So, I really don't think about Wizeman that much, honestly. It's just certian moments of seeing fanart of him acting out of character that makes me crack up.

Second line: Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think she'd actually talk to me. :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
e_o say what?

Wizeman is a personal favourite of mine. He rocked in NiD and rocked twice as hard in JoD (which i was suprised at).

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
That's my point! :lol:
TRiPPY is actually a lovely person, and a very good Admin, as is DiGi, I like them alot.
But, back on topic, sorry.
:P I think Wizeman is whatever anyone sees him as. SEGA has much less say than the fans do, anyway(You know, even though they made NiGHTS, fans are the games blood and oxygen).

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
^Exactly.
Well just like NiGHTS himself and everything else all full of glitter, he's whatever your dreams manifest them to be. The Wizeman in MY dreams is one scary sonofaplum. I joke about it here but in my dreams I'd much rather stay faaaar away from him XD; I like my dreams to be happy and full of bunnies afterall. So Wizeman to some people will be nothing exciting or scary and to others he will be an actual object of fear in dreams. Or just a game character. So many opinons and all of them correct.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
:lol: Exactly! The whole NiGHTS topic/universe/whateveryouwannacallit is what you make it to be, Wizeman included. Whether he makes you pee your pants or makes cookies for you. XDD

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Wizeman baking cookies=LOLFEST

For some reason, I've also always thought of Wizeman as a more caring person/nightmare/god/whatever that he wants you to think. He just strikes my as that kind of guy, despite the fact that he wants to rip your soul out and eat it for breakfast...I can totally imagine him baking cookies!!!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
My perception of Wizeman is that he THINKS he's all powerful, but there are some things even a God cannot do. For instance, he can't call back his creations once they're created. If he could, he would have forced NiGHTS back a long time ago. He also can't seem to forcibly control them. He just creates them and hopes to dear um... him that they obey him. He can intimidate them into submission, yes, but he can't seem to forcibly control them. He also can't seem to understand true emotions. He's a bit blind (no pun intended) to the destruction he's causing and he doesn't seem to have a leg to stand on (again, no pun intended) when it comes to Dreamers with Ideya. He's big, and powerful, yes, but I think he only thinks he's omnipotent. But we know better, don't we?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I think Wizeman just wants his baby(NiGHTS)back. The family has been broken ever since.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Though I don't believe he has complete and utter control over any one of his creations, he does exert control over the wills of his second-level maren (third-levels are probably too simple-minded to follow his more complicated commands, so he gives them a set task and lets them at it), which really makes it so he might as well.

For example, Jackle's personality strikes me as so conflicting with Wizeman's that I believe it's impossible for Wizeman to have control of anything but his will, letting him be as crazy as he naturally is, and yet Jackle wants only what Wizeman wants due to the will-control thing. It's not direct mind-control, but it's of an important-enough thing that it may as well be.

I've only encountered Wizeman once in my dreams, and I never got to see him. He tried to drown me and Reala with a tidal wave in a WalMart (Reala was distracting me by... dancing with me... O-o;;;; Odd, I know...). I know I probably didn't really meet him, but his actions certainly do scream of his ruthless nature.

And now I've remembered my train of thought.

I didn't pay much thought to Wizeman until I started writing my fanfic, where he's creating Jackle, Reala, and NiGHTS, but then I wondered about how he came to be the way he was. We all know from information on the website he used to be a Visitor himself (which I'm rather sad to hear was never mentioned in JoD, but then why would he admit such a thing, and who would know/find out about that? Possible plot-thing in future game, perhaps?), and so I started wondering how he came to be the godly thing he is. In the process of my wondering, I came across the theory that the very fact he has no Ideya is the reason he is what he is. And upon wondering what had to have happened to him to cause him to lose all of his Ideya... I began viewing him in a very sympathetic light, because it had to have been something(s) terrible. Thus I now have a viral case of what I'm going to call 'Reala syndrome' for Wizeman. O-----------O;;;;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think when it says he was a 'visitor devoid of any ideya of his own' that he wasn't human in the first place. I think he has always been this way, as long as humans have been able to fear things to fuel nightmares in the first place. A human without Ideya would be a very empty person unable to visit Nightopia at all, which i suppose could be why he created Nightmarens, but i don't think Wizeman was ever some emo kid full of black Ideya of Void and wristwarmers to match XD

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I don't think he was an emo kid, either, but I personally believe he had to have been human at one point in time (waaay, waaaaay, back in the past; medieval dark times, the way it's currently going in my head), but became somehow trapped in Nightmare. His entrapment may be a large reason for him to want to expand; one feels very insecure when their only survivable environment's being eaten away, and thus will do anything in their power to keep it from doing so, even expanding it as far as they possibly can to make themselves feel secure.

My current flow of reasoning is thus: he had at least a somewhat decent life, something horrific happened in said life (I'm keeping exactly what a surprise), and then he died, ideyaless soul becoming somehow trapped in Nightmare.

But that's my personal little fanverse thing; I sincerely doubt this is even close to what canonly happened, if there even is a canon explanation to Wizeman existing in his character designer's head.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thats a really cool theory ^^

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*goes very red* Um... thank you... =^^=

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*Wizeman theories +1*

I figure what it is is that we have the Night Dimension, comprised of Nightopia and Nightmare, and this dimension exists in tandem with human existence.. it is a separate realm that connects with the dreams of humans. When humans started dreaming period, the Night Dimension started to exist. Wizeman emerges from the first spark of bad dreams that humans have. Like how the Big Bang theory goes 'BOOM, Universe', humans started having dreams, and BOOM, (this is where the Great Mother figure would play into Nightopia's side) there was Nightopia, but all the bad thoughts people were dreaming about immediately coalesced into this being Wizeman, who now embodied the nightmare itself.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Wizeman was originaly called 'Nightmare', that's something to think about too :3

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Hmm! I like this thread!
Wizeman, to me, is a scary man who does alot of bad things. He also has a sensitive side though.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

I think Wizeman man just wants his baby(NiGHTS)back. The family has been broken ever since.

Awwww

Anyways

Well, my theory is that Wizeman wasn't really ever a human...but he feeds off of other human's fear and sadness. With everything that goes on in the world for him to take and use, this could be how he got so big...and how he can create all of these other little terrors he calls Nightmaren. But, that's just my theory.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

but i don't think Wizeman was ever some emo kid full of black Ideya of Void and wristwarmers to match XD

Now, I have to go draw an emo kid with six arms and it'll be all your fault, TRiPPY. >_< XD

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Now, I have to go draw an emo kid with six arms and it'll be all your fault, TRiPPY. >_< XD

LOL I'd love to see that when you're done! XD

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
like wise!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Wiseman's abit of a wuss ta be a god if all he can do is slow NiGHTS down...
NiGHTS: "OUCH!"
Wiseman: "YES!!! I just totally got you!"
NiGHTS: "That really cut into my speed... it didn't really hurt all that bad, but I guess I'll need a couple seconds to reach my top speed again..."
Wiseman: "ya I sure slowed you down!"
NiGHTS: "This is quite the minor inconvenience..."
Wiseman: "Now you'll never get that high score!" >8D

Let's see... more behind wiseman... anyone else think that "Wiseman" was a self givin name?

Wizeman was originaly called 'Nightmare', that's something to think about too :3

this only adds to my joke :P
Most of the attention seems to be drawn to Reala in terms of villainy... so you can't really learn much about wiseman... over-all a very badly done final boss imo... Reala's the one I was most motivated to defeat in JoD When I was fighting Wiseman, however, I didn't really feel any inclination to defeat him other than to beat the game... sorry after all that I still can't think of any background for the guy...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

over-all a very badly done final boss imo...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Wizeman rocks BECAUSE he's so mysterious and creepy. If he was easy to understand that would defeat the point of him.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
WTF, Wizeman is leik the best boss ever!

D=

My Avatar says its a fact!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Then damn it must be true. Nobody argue with the cat.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Damn Straight.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Wizeman RAWKS, cat says yes, case CLOSED

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Wizeman is an enigma to me. He rocks because of his awesomeness (hence the cat), but also, it's hard for me to imagine him y'know, ALWAYS being this way. By the way, I have drawn that six-armed emo kid pic and will proceed to post it as soon as my computer stops hating Photobucket. Grrrrrr Photobucket.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
YAY SIX HANDED EMO KID!!! *hugs* Oh, wait a sec...he's emo....RUUUUNNN!!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Don't diss emo kids. Give them hugs instead. Anyway, who wants to rally with me and stab my computer in the eyes?!

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
WIZECAT SAYS THIS CASE IS CLOSED!

=>w<=

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Wow, that was some amazing creativity there sonicteam. What was nights oringinally called court jestor?

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Wow, that was some amazing creativity there sonicteam. What was nights oringinally called court jestor?

HaHaHaHa.

Don't be dissing Sonic Team buddy.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!

Wizeman is the ultimate smexy baddie and we all shall fear his mighty nightmare wrath forever and ever.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I SHALL STAB DAiLiGHT'S COMPUTER IN THE EYES!!! RAWR!!!
But wait a sec...if he was emo, wouldn't he only have five hands?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users