Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New to PSU

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
So i just re-dited his post, if u seen it before, the anser was yes, if not, then don't mind. Just saying I'm new to PSU, and looking for some fun people to play with (figured i'd stay in a familiar forum also). I have played PSO b4 so im familiair with the style but always need that helping hand when starting out. Hopefully i'll get strong enough to help you guys out. Hope to see ya soon!

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I play on a laptop...I'll just compare the important aspects of that one with the one I'm using.

Graphics:
Mine: ATI Radeon X1250
Against: ATI Radeon X1200
(Mines is slightly better, but yours should be fine for running PSU...I've used Intel GMA (an onboard card) to run it on my old laptop.)

Memory:
Both: 2GB
(Good)

Processor:
Mine: 1.83GHz? I forget (Intel Core 2 Duo)
Against: 2.0 GHz (AMD Turion 64)
(I dunno really anything about AMD processors to be honest, but if the 2 GHz as quoted is true...you should have no problem running PSU)

You may need to turn down some of the graphics options slightly, sicne the reccomended processor is 2.4 or 2.6GHz....but the minimum is 1.6GHz so bumping it down should allow you to play at a good pace...I've played it on two different laptops now....and the first had much lower specs than that one. So really you should be fine with that.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Ok, so I'm finally decently levelled, and if anyone cares to find me my name is Kyo, currently lvl 71+ fighgunner. I can usually be found in Uni 2. Common lobby's are White Beast, AMF Metro, Raffon Field Base, Dallgun Viewing Plaza and the Hot Springs.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I'd venture with ya, but my account has expired.....and i don't have any plans to renew it yet >>

Friggin Sega...

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Is anyone even still playing PSU?
And in case anyone's forgotten over the time period of how long it's been since I've seen so much as a single post on this site PSU stands for...
Penn State University
Portland State University
Plymouth State University
Pittsburgh State University
power supply unit
Prinny State University
and Phantasy Star Universe
today I ask about Phantasy Star Universe :) you all alive?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'm still playing. I don't know about some other forum members though. I just think the board is dead right now since there aren't any events going on.

I wonder what happened to those group photo things?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, can't afford the subscription right now...and i do feel slightly short-changed after knowing that all the content is already available on the game disc but Sega charges us monthly fee's so we can eventualy find and USE these items 4 years down the line. Such a shame because this game is beautiful. I wish we weren't being ripped off. That did kinda turn me away from playing this.

I might get back into it whenever i have enough funds to pay for the subscription.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users