Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need Help on JoD

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
JAZZ, here again i bet there is a lot of novices out there that are playing NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. but they might need some help of what to do or where something is like the dreamdrops. Thats right i know where all the dreamdrops are and probably some other people. so if you have any problems of how to play or anything, please ask me.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
i wanna know,HOW DO U FIGHT CHAMELEON,u know,that card playing gecko,HE IS CONFUSING! HELP!

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

i wanna know,HOW DO U FIGHT CHAMELEON,u know,that card playing gecko,HE IS CONFUSING! HELP!

Ah Chamelan my favorite boss. hes pretty easy. in order to find him after you paraloop, a transparent card will appear. Chamelan is hiding around the aces. keep paralooping until you find him. if you are talking about the hard version, the solid cards will lead you to a bomb. follow the transparent ones. when you are near him, paraloop him once to stun him, then paraloop again to defeat him. you got it?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Moved this to the JoD forum. Please make sure to check 1. if you're posting in the right forum and 2. so the topic isn't a repeat. As you can see there's a topic here about the Dreamdrops locations, but since you're offering help for other things as well I'm leaving this open.

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Right now my biggest interest is NiGHTS! But, I like all the other things otakus usually like, anime, video games, and j-music. And of course Japan. Someday I will visit the land of the rising sun!
Isn't it a chain of transparent cards that goes down in numerical order? You start at the King and go down all the way to the Ace. There's a ring of aces nest that, and he's in there. Just paraloop twice. No offense, JAZZ-man. I just wanted to clear it up, cuz, I had a REALLY hard time with him. Although, I didn't know that there was a difference in the Hard version with the cards. Solid? Transparent? Hmm... So that's why I blew up all the time...

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Moved this to the JoD forum. Please make sure to check 1. if you're posting in the right forum and 2. so the topic isn't a repeat. As you can see there's a topic here about the Dreamdrops locations, but since you're offering help for other things as well I'm leaving this open.

okay but how do i do that?

Isn't it a chain of transparent cards that goes down in numerical order? You start at the King and go down all the way to the Ace. There's a ring of aces nest that, and he's in there. Just paraloop twice. No offense, JAZZ-man. I just wanted to clear it up, cuz, I had a REALLY hard time with him. Although, I didn't know that there was a difference in the Hard version with the cards. Solid? Transparent? Hmm... So that's why I blew up all the time...

oh right i forgot that thank you. and yes that is the difference in the hard version

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
THANK YOU! now i can continue with will's story YAY!

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

THANK YOU! now i can continue with will's story YAY!

youre welcome and i forgot to say the cards start from kings to aces

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

okay but how do i do that?

You read the rules and each forum's guidlines like any other person does.

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

You read the rules and each forum's guidlines like any other person does.

okay thanks

Haga11111

Haga11111

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Pie, NiGHTS, Sonic, Music, Random videos, RPs
I really need help with Bomamba. Can't beat her at all. I also have trouble with Will's "Save the nightopians" mission in Pure Valley.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

I also have trouble with Will's "Save the nightopians" mission in Pure Valley.

The one with the dandelions or the one in the river?

Haga11111

Haga11111

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

The one with the dandelions or the one in the river?

A. The dandelions.
B. There are two of the save the 'Pians things??!! Oh god...

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
A. My tips would be to keep an eye on the map and try to catch as many as you can in one paraloop. Also, go for the ones higher up first.
B. Unfortunately, yes. It's one of the harder ones when it comes to getting C or higher IMO.

Haga11111

Haga11111

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

A. My tips would be to keep an eye on the map and try to catch as many as you can in one paraloop. Also, go for the ones higher up first.
B. Unfortunately, yes. It's one of the harder ones when it comes to getting C or higher IMO.

A. I'll try that, thanks.
B. It can't be as hard as the Bomamba rematch.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I agree, Haga11111, Bomamba is indeed evil. But remember this with her. Take your time and be careful. I know you're under a time limit but if you're trying to rush through like a madman then the catballs will just go everywhere and not in the holes and you'll waste more time. Just do them one at a time and be careful about it, especially in the hard mode match. Don't freak out. If she shoots balls at you, just dodge them and keep going.

Haga11111

Haga11111

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'll try that. As soon as I beat her in the hard mode, then I can go to memory forest!

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
thank you guys for helping me. i forgot about this post.

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
yeah this is more of a info question during my reasearch for the song that appears halfway through the bellbridge stage the one with the vocals(if anyone what that song is called please pm me) i came to discover like a final scene in into dreams. I'm wondering if there is something like that in journey of dreams. because last time i played it i was renting it and I failed to get all five ideya before I had to return. I'm just wondering I'm a gamer that likes to see the final scene in games thanks.

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

yeah this is more of a info question during my reasearch for the song that appears halfway through the bellbridge stage the one with the vocals(if anyone what that song is called please pm me) i came to discover like a final scene in into dreams. I'm wondering if there is something like that in journey of dreams. because last time i played it i was renting it and I failed to get all five ideya before I had to return. I'm just wondering I'm a gamer that likes to see the final scene in games thanks.

hmm... i believe there is a secret ending. in order to get the Yellow Ideya, you must complete all missions with a grade that is "C" or higher. do that in all of the missions and you will see a message saying "something is different in the Dream Gate" with a picture of the staircase. this is tough question even for me to answer, you may want to ask Jof or someone else.

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I hate having to admit this, but I keep getting stuck on Helen's stupid maze stage. D:
I get to the topmost level then I get lost. Lol. Any suggestions?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

I hate having to admit this, but I keep getting stuck on Helen's stupid maze stage. D:
I get to the topmost level then I get lost. Lol. Any suggestions?

The best way I can describe is just follow the blue chips, because the lines of them point you in the right direction, but thats what they tell you to do in the first place. Where exactly is it that you tend to get lost? at what point?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
If you're interested, here are the maps of the level. They come from the japanese official guide.

Posted Image Posted Image

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I keep getting stuck around the place on the top floor with the stupid bee things and the seahorses. Is there something in particular I need to do in that area other than not be lost? Lol.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

I keep getting stuck around the place on the top floor with the stupid bee things and the seahorses. Is there something in particular I need to do in that area other than not be lost? Lol.

Theres a part of the level where you need to kill all the maren in the room. Maybye that's where your stuck ?

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Theres a part of the level where you need to kill all the maren in the room. Maybye that's where your stuck ?

Ooh, probably. Do I just throw orbs at them to kill them? Lol. *goes to check.*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yes, you kill everything in the room and the door will open.

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Awesome. I didn't realise you could kill those things. //_e;

Thanks for the help.

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
thank you guys, maybe i should remove this, too bad i dont have that guide

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Nah, it can be up as a general help-me-with-this-part thread.

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Nah, it can be up as a general help-me-with-this-part thread.

okay then

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

hmm... i believe there is a secret ending. in order to get the Yellow Ideya, you must complete all missions with a grade that is "C" or higher. do that in all of the missions and you will see a message saying "something is different in the Dream Gate" with a picture of the staircase. this is tough question even for me to answer, you may want to ask Jof or someone else.

Thanks anyway I'll make sure the next time I rent it or but it thanks

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Off-topic XD: I dunno what people were talking about with Bomamba, unless there's a way to change the difficulty setting. Is there? Because the first time I met her I lost because I wasn't paying attention to the time and was trying to be too careful. The second time I beat her. Then when I met her in the next battle, it was even easier than the first. It was actually kinda sad XD Beginning of the battle, when her cats dropped down, half of them accidentally fell into the holes on their own. It was awesome.

In the chase (?) levels when you're destroying the cages, what do you do to get a better score? I never figured out if it had anything to do with how fast I got the keys or how many links I made or whatever. I only got an A overall because of my fight with Girania

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
the best way to get a higher score is to make links and catch the Goodle right away. the best sign to tell if you'll get an A rank is to get a score that is a little higher than 10000. but it mainly depends on what level you're doing.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Many stages have their special features to use for extra points. In Crystal Castle, you can get a link chain 60+ easily if you just hit all of the light-diffracting <> shaped crystal things. One that I always missed at first was the one right before going into the mirror house. It's up out of your way, in front of the cage. Those blue chips made the difference for me between a B and an A in that last section. In Delight City, hitting the red switches to the slot machines gives you blue chips (though everyone probably already knows this). If you can keep your momentum while doing so, tricks are good. Sometimes they slow you down, though, depending on what move the game feels like performing. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users