Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How many people have you met that know of NiGHTS?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! >:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?
Lemme count... Hm... No... Him neither... Don't think so... Nep. I don't think anyone besides a friend of mine wich I once probably bored to death with my NiGHTS explanation (I knew enough of NiGHTS to show him a girly NiGHTS I drew and say that he was a guy.). This makes me sad. ;__; Not the bored to death part, but the part where RL people don't know NiGHTS. Pity.

Blueblur8_lover

Blueblur8_lover

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

The only person that I know irl that likes NiGHTS is my bf and thats cause I got him into it lol.

Sames as you! I dunno people who know abot NiGHTS here T__T

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
It's amazing how many people don't know about NiGHTS (but the ones who do surprise you).

I remembered just recently one of my days from a good while back, sitting around with my buddy who had just moved into a new house and had his own room in the garage. We were playing Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast he'd just got for Christmas. I was watching him play the pinball part and he says, "It's funny how they put cameos throughout the games. That character is NiGHTS from an old Saturn game..."

That's the only other person I know that knows. I've been slowly trying to get my friends into it, but since I live too far away they can't just walk over and play video games with me.

Blueblur8_lover

Blueblur8_lover

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

It's amazing how many people don't know about NiGHTS (but the ones who do surprise you).

I remembered just recently one of my days from a good while back, sitting around with my buddy who had just moved into a new house and had his own room in the garage. We were playing Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast he'd just got for Christmas. I was watching him play the pinball part and he says, "It's funny how they put cameos throughout the games. That character is NiGHTS from an old Saturn game..."

That's the only other person I know that knows. I've been slowly trying to get my friends into it, but since I live too far away they can't just walk over and play video games with me.

Of curse! That may feels pretty good ^_^ I really wish meet someone else here (close to me) who know NiGHTS, It colud be pretty awesome -____-

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I just found out my best friend played NiGHTS into Dreams at Epcot center when it came out. I love him even more now. ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
How many? @_@ Quite a few actualy mostly because of the subliminal brainwashing that attacks people like the T-Virus whenever i step beside them.

Back at school however when the game came out there was a few kids into NiGHTS... and i recall our local cinema giving out NiGHTS postcards.

My mum however to this day and beyond will always call NiGHTS Sonic :/

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
Besides all you guys and my family, no one I know actually cares about NiGHTS, even if I said something to them about it. This makes me so sad, just wait till the new game comes out!

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^
I'm the one and only in NewYork I know that know who NiGHTS is~

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Only one person I still talk to knows what NiGHTS is but he's not even played it which is a bit poor. I've met someone recently who I hope to school in on NiGHTS because I think she'll like it.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
absolutely positively NONE. All the other people are all into their new-fangled stupid tech and dont care about classics. meh.

also, 7 posts till dreamer!

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
Just me, my brother and my sister. Maybe a few of my brother's friends but I haven't asked them.

d3vilcat

d3vilcat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Nobody here in the desert knows NiDs, dream talk is b******t and kids here prefer yu-gi-oh propaganda and bloody gun shooting games . Me and my two brothers are the only ones here who knows about NiDS, it's quite sad really ;-;

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
One of my best friends is with me on it; he also owned a Saturn and loved NiGHTS. I feel bad for him on accounta' he lost his Saturn in a move. So he's the one person I share news about JoD with. My sister and other friends might know about NiGHTS from me, but I can't say I know anyone else who's played the game.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Outside the internet= 3

Inside the internet= 2402734572480959830484203480328(over exaggerating)

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
Only my older cousin and some family friends know NiGHTS.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
My best friend IRL knew about NiGHTS back when I rediscovered it based off of a childhood memory of me trying to hide in an igloo from an egg clock in Frozen Bell. I told him, and he said that he remembered it. He's kinda neutral about it (for now, mwahaha), but it's better than having nobody to talk to about it. ;)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Are you kidding me? No one I know personally even owns a flippin' Saturn! Which is why this site rocks, because I can finally discuss games that people actually know about.

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
The only people I know, who knows about NiGHTS is my brother, and my oldersister's boyfriend, though when I asked him, I was quite surprised that he knew who NiGHTS was! But It did make me very happy! ^_^

Also Yesterday I when I was at my job (I work in Gamestop), On the television on the gamestop channel they were talking about NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and I was like "It's about time they show and talk about the game!" and my Co worker ask me what and who NiGHTS was and I was like "OMG you don't know who NiGHTS is?! O_O NID was like the coolest game to ever be made!" Then I told him that JOD was the Sequel to NID and he was like "It sounds cool I gotta check it out sometime!" ^_^

But really I could not believe he didn't know who NiGHTS was! But see that shows that alot of people never really took the time out to try playing the game. or even to acknowledge it, Which makes me sad! ,>_<,

I never even seen anyone come in the store and reserve a copy yet!

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I think I've met only two people who actually knew about NiGHTS when I brought it up or they saw me play. I've had to explain time and time again that the game wasn't a "Sonic Game" or an "Acid Trip" or "One hell of a corrupted platformer." I've noticed that most people give up right there and just watch the streams of colors flying across the screen.

On the upside, in the course of a week I converted one of my best friends from a raging FF7 fanboy to a huge NiGHTS addict...so maybe it just needs to get out there more and become better known. It'll probably be too little too late by the time JoD comes out, so we can only hope and pray.

:) Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Sep 30 2007, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never even seen anyone come in the store and reserve a copy yet![/quote]

My local GameStop caters to about 12,000 people in the area. I currently have the only JoD preorder.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Me,and my only 2 friends(Jk,i have more)

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I know two people who have hear of NiGHTS.

The first one, I found out at school, we were just talking and I said "hey yu know there's a game cald NiGHTS jod 4 wii rite?" And AritusKane, he says, "Wat new NiGHTSlol. o rly?" So then I informed him, "ya rly." And then I asked him if he'd ever played the original. Turned out his big brother had an old Saturn, and he had it for that.

the other dude, Firemastrr, found out because I told him.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
My sister has convinced my dad that NiGHTS is gay/crossdressing, does that count?
Damn. This topic sure is old. *sighs*

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
hmmm... the ones i know, who know about him, were introduced to NiGHTS by me...

my youngest sister, first of all... shes not as big a fan as others, she still likes him a lot though... draws him every now and then...

my father made one or two attempts to get to know him... which surprised me... then he gave up.

2 of my best friends, and they kinda understand why i like the game alot.

and 2 lifelong friends... they dont like the game. they like to say "NiGHTS fails." and "you fail." probably just as an attempt to get me mad. :P
they dont really understand why i like it. they're still great friends, even though im convinced that they are graphics whores.

i think one time in school i brought in the game itself for some sort of project, and four or five people recognized it, instantly.
it was cool. :)

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

My local GameStop caters to about 12,000 people in the area. I currently have the only JoD preorder.

Wow! O_O That really makes me sad. Out of 12,000 people in that area you are the only one who pre-ordered JoD?

I don't think alot people even know that its coming out? Either they don't know, or they know and just judge it before they take the time out to play it.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Yeah...it kinda angers me too that I only knew one other person in my entire high school that owned a Saturn. That they bought at a yard sale for 5 bucks in 2003. I bought mine a month after it was on the market...and only in retrospect do I realize it was one of the best investments I made.

Most of the people in town that own Wiis either bought them for party/non gaming, or have young kids who love the system. Even some of my best friends who I would consider real gamers don't want one. It's starting to worry me that NiGHTS: JoD's appeal may be mostly to young kids whose parents buy the game for them.

I really hope something happens to give this game the respect and popularity it deserves...I don't want to be the only person my age at GameStop (#3131) who gets the game.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
What really gets me is not that no one knows about it. Its that no one actually stands back and judges the game for what it truly is

Sure, most people prolly won't recognize NiGHTS, and most people won't even know what the Sega Saturn is. That feels in a way kinda comforting, like you have this great secret you are a part of, and none of the losers could even begin to understand it. :P But when they are exposed to this classic game, all they can think of in their minds is 'OMG ROFL NiGHTS is the gayzard! Lol!' Repeated attempts to convince them of NiGHTS's validity as a great game simply creates more laughter and insults. Ugh. A plauge on their houses..... :angry:

Brainwashed gamers, these be. If only we were back in the golden age of games, where judgement was saved for after a game was played. Alas, we can never go back to those days. :D

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

What really gets me is not that no one knows about it. Its that no one actually stands back and judges the game for what it truly is

Sure, most people prolly won't recognize NiGHTS, and most people won't even know what the Sega Saturn is. That feels in a way kinda comforting, like you have this great secret you are a part of, and none of the losers could even begin to understand it. :D But when they are exposed to this classic game, all they can think of in their minds is 'OMG ROFL NiGHTS is the gayzard! Lol!' Repeated attempts to convince them of NiGHTS's validity as a great game simply creates more laughter and insults. Ugh. A plauge on their houses..... :angry:

Brainwashed gamers, these be. If only we were back in the golden age of games, where judgement was saved for after a game was played. Alas, we can never go back to those days. :(

I really have to agree with you. If only the old Nintendo vs Sega days were back, because most new "games" are absolute rubbish and they laugh everytime they see anyone (doesn't matter if it's classic Sega or Nintendo) from the old days. Most so called "gamers" only care about guns, drugs, violence and graphics. That what really gets me agro about gaming. :D :P :P They have no taste.

The only person I know who's heard of NiGHTS apart from my friend, would be my brother, bc he's played the old Tiger handheld. (yep, he loved the old handhelds, even the old Game & Watch) ^_^

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Couldn't have said it better myself. Too many people are quick to judge a game based on it's exterior. That is, if it has bright colors or mediocre graphics, it's automatically deemed a bad game by today's 'gamers'. I really miss the old days. :(

I couldn't agree more! I'm in the process of converting my older sister, and so far............... IT'S WORKING *laughs evily* ^_^

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Precisely one person, and only because I tried to get her to understand what I was drawing. Everyone else who's heard of him that I know just think I'm weird for obsessing over such an old game. Pitiful fools, all of them.

NoxiousNights

NoxiousNights

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
In real-life (not through communicating online) I would say: NONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users