Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
At first, I figured that I'd be the only one here that hasn't actually played NiGHTS (but I will soon; I got it off of ebay yesterday, along with the controller and Saturn ^^), but I think I've seen a few other people that haven't played it either.

So who else here is like me? :P

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
*raises hand*

I've taken an active interest in NiGHTS lore. I've read the story details, I've seen all the videos on YouTube that I could get my cursor on and I have a ripped copy of the soundtrack on my hard drive.

Despite my passion for the game and despite my many interpretations and theories regarding the NiGHTS world, I've never actually played it. I am deeply ashamed of that and I look forward to partially remedying that problem with the sequel.

G_NJoD_07

G_NJoD_07

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Video games<br /><br />&gt;Video game music<br /><br />&gt;SEEEEEEGAAAA!!!<br /><br />&gt;Anime art style<br /><br />&gt;Anything out of the ordinary<br /><br />&gt;The board game of go<br /><br />&gt;The power of KNOWLEDGE!<br /><br />&gt;$$$CASH$$$<br /><br />&gt;Two dollar bills
I.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I haven't myself. In spite of my interest of the game, story, ect. I haven't got a chance to play it (out of my stupid kiddy understanding back in the day). But I'll see what I've been missing out on when the sequel comes.

Kijuna

Kijuna

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Yep, I'm a fan because of Sonic Riders. I'll be getting the game/system/controller as soon as I have that much money laying around... probably for my birthday in June. *poor kid >_>*

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Me neither D: I don't reallyw ant to buy a Saturn, so I figure I'm going to wait for the new game and buy a wii and hopefully you will be able to download the old game too ^^

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I never played the original game, either.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
I've only played the Vs. mode against animejosse... but never the actual game. <__<

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Played it and still do! :P I packed up all my old systems to make room for the ones we use the most and I refused to stick my Saturn in a box! I haven't played much lately because for some reason my memory unit isn't being read/I need a battery for the internal memory.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Played it and still do! :P I packed up all my old systems to make room for the ones we use the most and I refused to stick my Saturn in a box! I haven't played much lately because for some reason my memory unit isn't being read/I need a battery for the internal memory.

I actually, put my Saturn n a box. >_< I only have 3 games for it (NiD, X-mass NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon:Zwei) everything else is gone. ;_; I also put it there because I have been playing alot of my other consoles recently, specially Gamecube and PS2. Another reason is because last year over winter break, I had x-mass NiGHTS and was too impatient to have to wait until X-mass itself to play it. So I got on a site and literally took my Saturn apart so it could play it (I got the damn UK version >_<) And well...I lost some of the screws ._.; You can literally pop the top off and I'm paranoid of it breaking. I might have to put the remaining screws in sometime soon lol.

But yeah when I was reunited with NiGHTS I beat it at least like 30 times in a row and never got sick of it (And I still suck at it :D) So I certainly don't qualify to have not played it lol.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
It took me, hm, three years before I played the game. Yesterday was the first time I played it for several months. Joy schoolwork...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I just realized that this topic didn't really apply to me... Sorry guys!! XD

Silvia Callisto

Silvia Callisto

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location:I don't know, but it sure looks like hell froze over.
Never played it.

I got reeled in because of Sonic Riders. I went looking for more info about the guy and found the site. Been hooked on the thing since Febuary.

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I only played the game for the 1st time about 3 months ago and have since played it to death. For 11 years I wanted to play it ever since I saw a review in a games magazine. It was when it appeared as a challenge on the old games master (long live Dominik Diamond) that I really HAD to play the game though. Luckily its never to late (long live ebay) and everyone should grab a copy - its not that rare or anything! As hard as it is though - I have managed to ovoid playing xmas NiGHTS so far. Its the perfect xmas game and I want to save it till then!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

I've taken an active interest in NiGHTS lore. I've read the story details, I've seen all the videos on YouTube that I could get my cursor on and I have a ripped copy of the soundtrack on my hard drive.

Exactly the same for me. I was too young and clueless when NiGHTS came out to know of it, but thanks to all those cameos..I am now obsessed. I WANT A WII! >.<

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
Whilte I have played, I've never gotten to Twin Seeds.
So I'm still pretty behind the times XD

But as you can see, many fans have never played the game or even owned the system.
It's sadly common.

::walks in front of a tv camera::
Hello, I'm SiLK. Did you know that countless NiGHTS into Dreams fans have never played the game? It's sadly true, and many don't even have the system to play it.
But YOU can help! By calling the Play The Game fund. . .

ok that's not in the least bit funny. sorry.

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
*Raises hand slowly*I have never played the game,I wish I had,the only way I got obsessed over the purple maren was from Madam Trippy.Maybe I'll by it off of Ebay. :P

universalperson

universalperson

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
*Raises hand*

They'd better make the original aviliable on the Wii in some way, shape or form...

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Luckily its never to late (long live ebay) and everyone should grab a copy - its not that rare or anything!

Yes, indeed, long live ebay. :blink: I actually just got the system+game+controller a few days ago (won the controller Thursday (which actually came today (but it smells like smoke, and wow, parenthesis abuse) <3), the Saturn and the game on Saturday), and so I'm going to be very anxious this whole week. The fact that I've been listening to the soundtrack non-stop for the past two weeks doesn't help. :P

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Yeah - Everyone here seems really excited about the new game but there are people here who haven't played the original! At the end of the day - we dont know if the new game will be any good but we KNOW the original was the dogs, so look at it like this -

You can get the new game for £40 (or whatever) and a wii for £180 - £999 (dont think there will be a plentiful supply any time soon) or you can shell out £30 for a saturn and £10-20 on the original NiGHTS. The original is why nearly all of us are here anyways and £40-£50 isn't really that much when you consider the prices of todays games. I dont work for ebay or anything but I really wish as many people as possible could get to play NiGHTS.

I completely understand why people can be passionate about NiGHTS without having played the game - I was for more than a decade. In fact when I finally did get a copy of the game and a saturn, I was a bit worried that I had built up the game in my mind sooo much that it would be a let down no matter how good it was. But it wasn't and everyone should take the plunge - you owe it to yourselves!!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Its sorta worse for me. I played, but only for a very short while at my cousins house. I was a lot younger, and though my memories of playing it are largely intact, and it has pretty much imprinted itself in my mind forever, I still havent really fully experienced the game other than a few bosses and levels. I never fought wiseman or Reala, and I never got better than a C grade on anything. Everytime I see video it rmeinds me of the game I played for a few short moments in time and would someday very much like to own completely. I didnt even have analog controller to play the game, had to use Dpad. At least Ive got a Wii and a preorder for NJOD though, so I can experience part of the feeling again (or at leasT I hope). Id also shell out whatever funds are necessary if NiGHTS ends up on VC, PSN, or XBLA. Id buy a stupid Ps3 if they made a NiGHTS game for it. thats how much I like this game.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! &gt;:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?
Welcome to the Never-Played-NiGHTS Anonymous. I'll start... No, I have known about the game for... 2 years (I'm so freakin' late), but never even saw NiGHTS face trought a TV screen. Everything I know is thanks to the wonderfull world of the internet. And nooo... I certanly won't be able to buy a Wii and JoD. I'm so ashamed... ;_;

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Luckily, I have it. I found the sampler and the saturn at a flea market, then my wondermusfull grandma bought me the real one in Charleston. :) So very happy...heehee!

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
Played it because my brother has both a Saturn and a game of NiGHTS, but I haven't cleared it yet. I would love it if they would re-release it for another system so other people would enjoy the original game.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
i as well have never played, just came because of the delicious art.

drooly drooly drooly...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
lol delicious art. but it is nice, i hope you all get to play it.

also, 6 posts till dreamer!

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
I played the demo for all of maybe 2 minutes in a store kiosk when it first came out. That's it, though. Very odd considering I'm making a game based on something I've never played... *shrug*

For me, it's the whole flight aspect that sucks me in. I love games that allow you to fly (Super Mario Bros. 3 and the SNES Hook game made me very happy when I was a kid). Oddly enough, the demo of NiGHTS didn't pull me in like you'd think. I was too much of a Nintendo fanboy at the time to truly accept it. ... actually, I'm still a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm more open-minded now, at least. ^_^

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Yeah. I was a total ninboy and sonicboy until NiGHTS came along lol.

Also 3 posts till dreamer WOO!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Damn. Not only am I starting to feel like one of the few who played the game, I'm starting to feel like the only person here who likes NiGHTS because it was fun. Sure, there is a lot of symolism in the game, but I always thought the story was pretty insubstantial.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Zero- Your not the only one that's played it and loved the game just because it was a fun game. I'm the same as well. I've had the game since it first came out and loved it just because it's simply fun to play, and I thought it was absolutley beautiful. <3's~ ^^ So no worries.~ I didn't even have a clue there was any smybolism in it until I read it on this site several years ago. >>; lol I never played it for the symbolism or the story line, I played it because it was fun. Pure, and simple.~

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling
I certainly didn't get into it for any kind of symbolism. Kinda scares me sometimes how seriously some people take everything in it. But I just fell in love with the game because it was fun, and I kept loving it because it still is after all these years. I never really thought much of the storyline beyond the simplistic stuff in the actual game and maybe the Japanese manual, since it has a little bit more information on the backstory. But mostly, it was the fun for me. So don't feel alone, guys. ^_^

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
i like the symbolism, music, the funness, the art, the everything. :3 so zero your not the only one.

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
No, I haven't played it yet. BUT! I am getting a copie and will be able to play it whe the people from E(vil)bay send it.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

i like the symbolism, music, the funness, the art, the everything. :3 so zero your not the only one.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Huru-chan. XD The game itself is LOADS of fun to play even after 10 years. I loved the gameplay and story from the start, the rest is a bonus for me! ^____^

Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Cold weapons (steel and whatnot), music, and dreams ^^
I'm afraid I haven't played it either. But, I will hopefully soon be ordering a Sega Saturn to play my copy of NiGHTS on. :D

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
no matter how many youtube videos you watch of NiGHTS, you truly know the game when you're playing it. that's what i believe

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I played it, but not nearly long enough to really say Ive experienced the full NiGHTS phenomenon. Im rather anxious to finally get ahold of a Saturn and the game.

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
The price for NiGHTS seems to be getting a little crazy lately. =( I managed to get a copy for about £20, but I saw a version go for about £77. O.O And yes, I've finally gotten the full game and analogue controller. =D

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
well, i couldn't imagine how small this community would be if we didn't have fans of NiD's art that never played the game

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I never expected this many NiGHTS fans to have not played the game. There's probably more art lover only fans than copies of the game purchased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users